Pony Tales: Aspirations of Harmony
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Zilean's Revenge (Part 4)

+2
A1C Bronymous
Ramsus
6 posters

Page 38 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39, 40  Next

Go down

Zilean's Revenge (Part 4) - Page 38 Empty Re: Zilean's Revenge (Part 4)

Post  Zarhon Thu Jun 12, 2014 3:32 pm

Next up, the skeletons and the paladins engage in battle!

Spoiler:

Rolf's turn.

Note: Horizon's ongoing damage will finish off zombie 2 on its next turn.
Zarhon
Zarhon
Smile Smile Smile
Smile Smile Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  Lyntermas Fri Jun 13, 2014 1:04 pm

With the Wand of Fireballs having been a bust, Rolf tried to make up for it by summoning his Thunder Hammer.

Minor Utility:

Unfortunately, instead of the massive bolts of lightning he had hoped for, the Hammer gave off what could best be described as "ethusiastic static shock". Still, at least the attack had jostled the targets somewhat. "Maybe it'll at least stop those freaking skeletons from dancing around and counterattacking," he muttered, a bit peeved that his attacks didn't seem to be doing much damage.
Standard Attack:

Stats:
Lyntermas
Lyntermas
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  Azarune Sat Jun 14, 2014 6:05 am

Finally freeing himself from the zombie's grasp, an exhausted Zthulan notices Koras about to get entangled by Bob's "volunteer".  
"Second verse, same as the first."  He mutters before offering his remaining reserves of energy to the elements, he unleashes another heal across the party.
Combat:

Stats:
Azarune
Azarune
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Broken Logic Sat Jun 14, 2014 9:02 am

Zombie #2's hit of 5 on me reduced to 1 by resist 4 single attack armor.

Jeraylia fires off a bolt to buy the second paladin some breathing space, ignoring the flaming zombie clawing at her boots. It strikes the skeleton's sword mid blow, sending it careening around to slice through some adjacent zombie limbs instead.
"Yup, a walk in the park as expected," she mutters with a wry grimace as she knocks another arrow.

Combat:
Result: Lots happened Very Happy. Skeleton #2 takes 8 damage. Paladin #2 gains 5 temps. Zombie #3 takes 5 damage. Zombie #1 takes 10 damage.

Oh, realised that it might have other talents I might have used at random... Uh retcon whatever.
Jeraylia:
Broken Logic
Broken Logic
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Zarhon Sat Jun 14, 2014 1:11 pm

The assaults causes one of the skeletons to finally collapse into a heap of bones.

Bob then finishes his spell, causing the first zombie to become 'encapsulated' in some kind of sphere-shaped magic barrier. "Yes! It looks like it's working!", he exclaims, as the zombie repeatedly smashes its decaying body against the barrier, effectively trapped without realizing it.

The rest of the zombies have no such issues, however, and continue attacking mindlessly.

Combat:

Horizon's turn.

Note: S2 and Z2 are both KO'd now.
Zarhon
Zarhon
Smile Smile Smile
Smile Smile Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Sat Jun 14, 2014 3:12 pm

"That's IT!? You spent all that time trying to trap one zombie?" His own target having fallen apart, Horizon now looks at the ones attacking the dwarf, but holds back a bit before doing anything. "I thought you were going to blow them apart or something."

Combat:
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous
Air Commander, Equestrian Armies Pegasus Corps, Eastern Skies Command

Back to top Go down

Post  Broken Logic Sat Jun 14, 2014 6:39 pm

"Sad to say, but I've got to agree with the bloodthirsty barbarian, there. I, too, was hoping for at least a few fireworks."
Broken Logic
Broken Logic
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Zarhon Sun Jun 15, 2014 7:38 pm

"I said I was going to make a wall. Fireworks is what they do.", Bob argues, pointing at the paladins. "And I said this is all work-in-progress. I'd rather keep things simple and life saving, thank you very much.", Bob rants. Meanwhile, the skeleton and paladins continue their clash.

combat:
*Combat over*

After a display of holy powers that are indeed similar to fireworks, the only undead remaining is the solitary zombie, stuck within a sphere.
"Well, that didn't take too long. What of the, uh, trapped one, though?"
Zarhon
Zarhon
Smile Smile Smile
Smile Smile Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  Azarune Tue Jun 17, 2014 1:41 pm

"Could we just simply either dispel the shield and dispose of it? Or even perhaps crush it using the sphere."
Azarune
Azarune
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Tue Jun 17, 2014 3:40 pm

"Hemming in one zombie isn't too much help against a horde- fix that. That's a big one, or else switch to blowing up."
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Broken Logic Tue Jun 17, 2014 9:19 pm

"Hold on, guys. How big can you make the shield, Bob? Might we be able to use it for delaying tactics on the abomination? I doubt it'll be sitting all by its lonesome, so having it occupied for a moment while we take care of its caretakers might be helpful."
Broken Logic
Broken Logic
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Lyntermas Wed Jun 18, 2014 4:05 am

Rolf approached the sphere and examined it. "Good proof of concept, at the very least," he said, knocking on the sphere. "I can tell this spell's got a good bit of durability. Heck, this shield might even be able to hold Zilean for a bit (well, assuming he tried brute forcing his way out as opposed to actively undoing the spell itself)."

He turned to Bob. "In its current form, it's ideal for essentially eliminating a combatant from battle, although it brings up the problem of that they still need to be dealt with afterwards. As Jeraylia said, if used against the abomination, we could have some breathing room to eliminate other threats, heal our wounds, or prepare for one major assault. Some possible avenues for future experimentation could be generating a wall which archers could shoot over while zombies can't get any closer. If you're feeling up to a challenge, you might try creating a "one-way" barrier, allowing attacks to go in (keeping one opponent helpless while we still attack it), or to go out (keeping a vulnerable ally safe while still being able to fight. Either way, I'd say this experiment was a success."

"I say we dispel the sphere and finish the zombie off. Better than leaving it to eventually break free and attack more innocents."
Lyntermas
Lyntermas
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  Zarhon Wed Jun 18, 2014 8:43 pm

"Yes, an excellent suggestion. Give me a few moments to dispel it, and get ready to re-assault it. Not to get pride ahead of me, but I'm rather pleased with these results! Judging by how it works on an undead, casting it on anyone else could make them very capable of dealing with undead indeed!", Bob replies, working on dispelling the shield.

Bob's Arcana roll:

After about two minute of concentration and tension as the party prepares to re-assault the zombie, Bob suddenly stops.
"Okay, apparently I discovered another kink with the spell - it's really hard to dispel. So much about pride.", he sheepishly replies. "Well, uhm... We certainly can't leave that thing here... Brute force it, or try dispelling, uh, harder?"
Zarhon
Zarhon
Smile Smile Smile
Smile Smile Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  Lyntermas Fri Jun 20, 2014 1:22 am

"I got this," Rolf said as he approached the sphere. He then started to try undoing the magical energies that held the barrier in place. "...Of course, uh, any assistance would not be turned away. I'm good with magic, but you put a lot of juice into making this, Bob."

Arcana:
Lyntermas
Lyntermas
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Fri Jun 20, 2014 2:50 am

Horizon walks up to it, taps it a few times, and then raises his scimitar above his head. He doesn't quite notice the black energy crawling up his arm to the tip of his blade, before he brings it down hard in a piercing strike.

Using Athletics to Assist, but flavoring it with some deimomagic to work as a dispel assistance.
Roll: 14+13=27 to assist.
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Broken Logic Fri Jun 20, 2014 8:35 am

I might as well get into this assist. I should use it more, seeing as I'm good for it.
Arcana assist (team player boost to +4 on success): 19 ( 12 + 7Arcana )

"The shield is holy in creation, so I'd suggest a few rites in its dispelling. Something like: "ha'emet totsee otkha lakhofshee" or "consummatum est"." Jeraylia also made the sign of Pelor towards the barrier for good measure.
"Alternatively, I don't suppose you installed an off button, Bob?"
Broken Logic
Broken Logic
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Zarhon Fri Jun 20, 2014 2:02 pm

"Divinity and divine influences don't really have an 'off' switch us mortals can reach, I'm afraid. It would be a very strange and/or doomed world if it did.", Bob replies to Jeraylia.

Working together, the team seems to cause an influence on the barrier, causing it to intermittently flash brighter and dimmer, and apparently 'weakening'. It then suddenly bursts outwards and inwards, affecting everyone nearby with some strange magic, and momentarily blinding them with a flash.

As they open their eyes, they realize that most of their wounds appear to have vanished.

They also note that the formerly trapped zombie now appears to lack any wounds whatsoever - as if it didn't 'die' in the first place. It's standing idly, looking around. Bob appears to be flabbergasted by this.

You may all roll either perception or heal.
Zarhon
Zarhon
Smile Smile Smile
Smile Smile Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Fri Jun 20, 2014 2:29 pm

"It...heals things. Your shield heals things, including the things we're trying to trap and kill..." Horizon approaches the not-zombie carefully. "I thought holy healing magic actually hurt undead, though, or is that just a myth?"

Perception: 4+10=14
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Broken Logic Fri Jun 20, 2014 6:21 pm

"I meant the gun, but that is also very true," Jeraylia commented, squinting to see through the after-effects of the previous flash.

Perception check: 27 ( 18 + 9perception )
Broken Logic
Broken Logic
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Lyntermas Fri Jun 20, 2014 9:45 pm

"...Bob, if your barrier just did what I think it did, you've just discovered anti-necromancy. Might want to look more into that." Rolf looked over at the not-zombie and tried to see if there were any indications as to whether or not it was actually alive or...better looking undead? "Hello, sir, how are you feeling?" he asked the figure tentatively.

Roll for Heal... 5 (1d20) + 9 = 14
Lyntermas
Lyntermas
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  Zarhon Fri Jun 20, 2014 11:03 pm

"W-well, yes, holy magic is supposed to harm the undead. It's the opposite of negative energy, which necromancy uses. The only way that zombie should have been 'restored' would have been through negative energy, which would have harmed us as a result! It's like ice feeding a fire, without melting! It's a paradox of everything I know as a cleric!"

Jeraylia notices that the 'zombie' isn't blinking, at all.

The 'zombie' just stares at Rolf for a few seconds, then moves its lips soundlessly and clumsily. It does so again, this time making some guttural noises. Then it seemingly loses its focus and/or attention and starts walking away, cautiously followed by the paladins.

"Should we, uh, stop it... him...? Or something? We're still kind of on important business and all..."
, Siph asks.
Zarhon
Zarhon
Smile Smile Smile
Smile Smile Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Fri Jun 20, 2014 11:54 pm

"No, it's simple. You just over fed it positive energy. It hit the zero point of dead and then crossed over into living again. It's in Negative Death. Unliving, if you will." It sounded plausible. Sort of. "I say we kill it anyway. It's probably an abomination to some other cult somewhere, and I don't imagine anyone wants to see it walking around town. I am curious now, though- if you use the shield on the big monster, will it heal it? Turn it into an Unliving deal? Heal the individual parts in to separate pieces again?" Horizon approaches the not-zombie with his kukri, getting ready to re-gut it. "This may call for Science."
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Lyntermas Sat Jun 21, 2014 5:28 am

"Huh, perhaps the "relifening" process doesn't bring back everything. Poor thing might be braindead...or maybe it's just a healthy looking zombie after all. I'll see what I can glean from a little magic analysis, then let you guys put it out of its misery or "science" it or whatever." Rolf tried to get a little closer to see if he could detect any magical forces acting on the not-zombie.

Rolling Arcana...11 (1d20) + 14 = 25
Lyntermas
Lyntermas
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  Azarune Sun Jun 22, 2014 10:11 pm

Shocked and disturbed over the turn of events, Zthulan approaches the zombie. "Let's see if an actual spirit inhabits this vessel, shall we?"

Not entirely sure what roll this would be. But I got a 10, if that counts for anything.
Azarune
Azarune
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Zarhon Tue Jun 24, 2014 9:32 pm

There's some kind of magical force present, but Rolf does not know what it is.

Zthulan doesn't see anything, spiritually, when inspecting the 'zombie'.
Zarhon
Zarhon
Smile Smile Smile
Smile Smile Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 38 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39, 40  Next