Pony Tales: Aspirations of Harmony
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Zilean's Revenge (Part 4)

+2
A1C Bronymous
Ramsus
6 posters

Page 40 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40

Go down

Zilean's Revenge (Part 4) - Page 40 Empty Re: Zilean's Revenge (Part 4)

Post  Broken Logic Mon Jul 21, 2014 9:39 pm

"Do you think we might do better if we draw them out, then? If we set up a stationary defensive or weakening circle next to the wall, we can keep the advantage while dispatching our foes. Having it in one place will also mean that our paladins have time for the initial setup."
Broken Logic
Broken Logic
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Mon Jul 21, 2014 9:42 pm

"Doubtful. The 9 of us can't lay siege to the compound, they have no reason to come out and try to kill us repeatedly if we aren't coming in. Unless the Lich has them on full braindead mode, in which case maybe."
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous
Air Commander, Equestrian Armies Pegasus Corps, Eastern Skies Command

Back to top Go down

Post  Broken Logic Tue Jul 22, 2014 10:02 pm

"In that case, we can hit them with ranged attacks. The paladins should hopefully have a few long-distance smites in their repertoire, and Rolf is pretty handsy with his magic. Not to mention, I can put an arrow through a waterskin at 100 yards. If they back off, then we go to the step we would have anyway, which is to enter the camp. Which brings us back full circle to the initial problem of storming the enemy base."

I don't want to, but we'll have to go into the camp eventually D: . Hmmm, thinking about arrows, maybe I could shoot a few flaming bolts from outside into the center tent to stir up the ants? If we're lucky, we'll set the abominiation on fire, or at least annoy it a tad.
Broken Logic
Broken Logic
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Lyntermas Tue Jul 22, 2014 10:28 pm

"Well, depending on the type of armaments we've brought with us, I could try turning invisible for either some sabotage or possibly shooting off something over the walls before anyone knows what's going on." Rolf looked over at Siph. "Could you tell us exactly what weapons you and the other paladins packed for the attack?"
Lyntermas
Lyntermas
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Wed Jul 23, 2014 9:33 pm

"I'm a little surprised we don't have a battery of Holy Fire to call down and smite them with. Enough of that and we could decimate the camp without having to go near it."
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Zarhon Thu Jul 24, 2014 8:45 am

"As, ahem, useful a battery of 'Holy Fire' might be, I'm certain the neighboring houses and its inhabitants would like to be free of being engulfed in it when it spreads. That, and there is no such thing available to us here. Our armaments are our holy weapons, mostly bludgeoning sledgehammers and flails to deal with undead, tower and regular shields, and a few common melee weapons to handle non-undead, holy water, and a pair of crossbows with assorted bolts. Plus the kegs we brought along, and whatever armaments you and Bob brought. There was little room for other armaments, if all was to fit in the cart.", Siph answers.
Zarhon
Zarhon
Smile Smile Smile
Smile Smile Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  Lyntermas Sun Jul 27, 2014 4:14 am

"Hmm...what if I turned invisble and brought one of the kegs of lantern oil over to the walls? Then I could splash some of it all over the wall, someone shoots it with a fire arrow and WOOSH! Big, bright distraction that hopefully brings some of the soldiers out of the walls. We set up a holy circle, get their attention, lead them to the circle, and then finish them off where we have the advantage!"
Lyntermas
Lyntermas
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Mon Jul 28, 2014 3:17 am

"Still relies on them being braindead enough to leave the safety of their compound to fight us out here. If you want to try it, go ahead, but I think I'll take my chances sneaking inside if you do."
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Azarune Mon Jul 28, 2014 12:52 pm

"Perhaps having some of us serve as a distraction will get their attention? A smaller group can than sneak in and either take out the abomination."
Azarune
Azarune
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Broken Logic Mon Jul 28, 2014 10:36 pm

"I guess it depends on how tightly Zilean has control over his minions. How does he even communicate with them? I wonder if there is a way to disrupt that?"
Broken Logic
Broken Logic
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Mon Jul 28, 2014 11:12 pm

Azarune wrote:"Perhaps having some of us serve as a distraction will get their attention?  A smaller group can than sneak in and either take out the abomination."

"If you recall, that was my plan the last time we assaulted the camp, that several of you had a problem with- and we didn't get out unscarred. I'm game to try it again, by all means, but keep in mind it'd be the same deal as before."
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Mon Aug 04, 2014 5:56 pm

After a moment where no one spoke, Horizon turned back to the wall. "Alright, this thing isn't gonna lay siege to itself. Two Paladins, come with me and Zthulan. We're going in to cause trouble, we fight, he heals. Jerry, stay out here with the other 2 paladins and guard the magicians and their magic circle. You're backup in case we come running back or get dead. Sound good? Good. Let's go."
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Azarune Mon Aug 04, 2014 11:17 pm

"I can work with that plan."
Azarune
Azarune
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Broken Logic Tue Aug 05, 2014 10:10 am

"Sure thing, Chief," Jeraylia responds, shooting him off a quick salute. She strings her bow and selects an arrow. "We'll lay cover fire if we can. Bob, can you see if you can get some defensive wards going? Or anything you might think would be helpful."

Did we/paladins bring any extra supplies/equipment on the wagon?
Broken Logic
Broken Logic
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Zarhon Tue Aug 05, 2014 6:17 pm

"Disrupt a necromancer's magic? Probably destroying it's source, the lich, is a good bet. Or getting a master wizard or two to match the lich's spellcraft with... whatever it is they do, dispelly stuff? As to how? He probably just uses some mental-mumbo-jumbo, magic-puppetry, or just shouting loudly. Or they're kind of like someone's body being under a geas? Hard to know the details without checking or asking, as if he'd let us...", the paladins, and Bob, argue amongst themselves.  

Two paladins, one of whom is Siph, accompanies Horizon and Zthulan. The other two start working to make a circle - in minute, they make a dim, yellow-glowing pool, roughly big enough for three to stand within (or five, if they choose to awkwardly invade each other's personal space).

Bob muses on the question. "Hm, well like I said, I got the not-tried spell I could use, which might help if we're being, well, mobbed. We could try using that device I gave you earlier as well, but I don't think we've got enough holy water for most of em, and they're not on fire to need the regular stuff. Oh, and... Erk, actually, never mind. That's all I've got. All up to you heroic types now."

Assault team (H, Z) can roll stealth (if they're infiltrating), or athletics (if they're just blitzing in).

Defense team (Others) can also do things. Exciting things! Smart things! Dumb things. Suicidal things! Talky things. Cooking things!
The possibilities are endless, really.
Zarhon
Zarhon
Smile Smile Smile
Smile Smile Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Tue Aug 05, 2014 10:19 pm

"Hmm," Horizon muses, looking at the wall. "I wish I had a horse. Ok, let's move." Horizon makes his way toward the fence, away from the gate, so he can approach it as unseen as possible.

Approaching were there may be a lull in the patrol or looks to be unwatched. Stealth:
18+6=24

-------

https://ponytales.forumotion.com/viewtopic.forum?t=929
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 40 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40