Zilean's Revenge - OOC

Page 32 of 32 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 30, 31, 32

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Zilean's Revenge - OOC

Post  Zarhon on Thu Nov 10, 2016 7:04 pm

Sorry, missed the roll. Assume the merchant is intimidated and will not actively stop you from 'handling' the animals unless you try to harm him or do something insane that would attract even asshole/thuggish guards. Gonna post when others react a bit.
Zarhon
Smile Smile Smile
Smile Smile Smile

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Zarhon on Mon Jan 09, 2017 9:36 pm

@Jerry: There's about 12 people in the 'line', rest are onlookers, or are forming a betting pool, and are only mildly engaged. You can make a persuasion check to help ease them into order (or at least without them needing to punch/shank each other beforehand). You're not lying unless you doubt the shaman's abilities to cure them of maladies (the human condition doesn't count).
Zarhon
Smile Smile Smile
Smile Smile Smile

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Zarhon on Sun Jan 22, 2017 4:06 pm

@ Brony: Give me an outline of your plan, if possible. I've also forgotten where you'd get telepathy from, besides the windy maid who's not with you at the moment.

a) I'll say an average of your athletics AND acrobatics, as you need to hold on and not get bucked off.
b) Falling off gets you an endurance for the fall itself, then acrobatics to get the heck out of dodge before it tramples you or worse.
c) ...followed by another acrobatics to direct it to where you want to go, assuming it's not trampled you or you're still riding it (for this you need to do something about the cage/pen).
d) Persuasion, after you've hung on for a bit at least, otherwise the check is VERY hard.
Zarhon
Smile Smile Smile
Smile Smile Smile

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous on Tue Jan 24, 2017 6:08 pm

Hm, so the pen is big enough to ride inside it? I thought it was a confined cage and they'd let it out into... a different pen, I guess. In any case, the plan is to hold on long enough to smash its way out and "accidentally" trample its way through the tent, disrupting the meeting and giving us cover of chaos to try and nab the gem- or else take control of it after a minute and then use it to storm through the area for the same effect.

This is, of course, entirely based on how well I can roll, and I will mostly be making it up as I go along. The bull being caged in while I ride will also have to be dealt with...

As for the telepathy, I was thinking of the maid, I just wasn't sure if she was giving us long range passive telepathy or not.
A1C Bronymous
Air Commander, Equestrian Armies Pegasus Corps, Eastern Skies Command
Air Commander, Equestrian Armies Pegasus Corps, Eastern Skies Command

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Zarhon on Mon Feb 06, 2017 3:38 pm

Yeah it's something like the bull being in a cage but they bring it to a small pen connected to it to buck you around. The pen isn't too sturdy but the bull would not know how/where to break free from it without assistance. No telepathy at the moment. The plan sounds solid, though depends on the rolls and what the rest of the party does in response/assistance.
Zarhon
Smile Smile Smile
Smile Smile Smile

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Zarhon on Sat Mar 18, 2017 9:46 am

Hrm, people have been slower and slower on replying (myself included, unfortunately). At this point I think only Brony is regularly replying, and kinda unwilling to progress further without the other's input...
Zarhon
Smile Smile Smile
Smile Smile Smile

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Azarune on Sat Mar 18, 2017 1:02 pm

I'm sorry for the lack of reply, I thought that these events were happening so fast that Zthulan wouldn't have time to do anything other than what you described Zarhon. It's entirely my fault for also not notifying you this assumption. So I'm sorry for thathe also.
Azarune
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Zarhon on Sun Apr 02, 2017 11:46 pm

I'm sorry to say that I won't be continuing the campaign. Lack of replies on both my and the other player's parts, lack of motivation/time/inspiration when it comes to updating, the game dragging on too long in-universe, and personal disillusionment have contributed to grind the game to a halt. It's been a wonderful game/campaign/story so far, but I think it's time to end it, or rather that I'm not in a position to keep it going as I originally imagined it, or to the remaining players satisfaction.

If anyone is still interested, I can post some sort of short summary on what I had planned with the game's story.
Zarhon
Smile Smile Smile
Smile Smile Smile

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Eulogy of sorts

Post  Broken Logic on Sat Jul 15, 2017 9:58 pm

Came back to say sorry for falling off the radar. I really enjoyed the campaign. There was a lot of great moments (raiding the enemy HQ Neutral what a ride) and I think we worked fairly well as a dysfunctional band of conscripted comrades. There was a synergy there that had great potential for story and drama. Rolf, the almost level-headed leader, making sure we had at least some semblance of direction (wizards, amirite?). Zthulan, the kind-hearted healer, who always had our backs with his super-juju (and clutch high rolls). And Horizon, the hot-headed hitman, who never shied from a confrontation, nevermind the trouble it got us into. I hope you guys enjoyed Jeraylia's sporadic rhymes and alliteration, as well as her never-give-up attitude. At least we totally kicked Zilean's ass that one time.
Unfortunately, I just personally couldn't pull together the motivation to continue investing into it, as I'd been trying to find time for more irl things. Wish I closed off this campaign better, but I just couldn't do it. And super sorry for taking so long to even post this.

So, thanks so much, Zarhon, for giving the campaign a great run. You were a great and fair DM, usually giving us tough challenges but also letting us take artistic liberties again and again. Plus the world and characters were so fleshed out, I always felt like things were happening behinds the scenes. And thanks Lynt, Bronymous and Azarune for playing along with me. You guys played your characters so well their memories will stick around for a long time. Zilean's Revenge is always going to remain a highlight in my roleplaying and pony experience. Peace out guys! And a last cheesy line: Thanks for being my friends!
Broken Logic
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 32 of 32 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 30, 31, 32

View previous topic View next topic Back to top