Pony Tales: Aspirations of Harmony
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[Ongoing!]Satisfying Values Through Friendship and PonyTales

+6
Zarhon
Copper Rose
Drago765
Xel Unknown
Ramsus
conantheghost
10 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

[Ongoing!]Satisfying Values Through Friendship and PonyTales Empty [Ongoing!]Satisfying Values Through Friendship and PonyTales

Post  conantheghost Wed Sep 04, 2013 8:22 pm

Welcome to Equestria! Come to a land of plenty, where the sun always shines and you can be anypony you want to be! Explore an infinite world of beautiful landscapes with no end of detail, and take part in the amazing culture and ponies that call Equestria home!

What will you be? A strong earth pony, a quick pegasus or a magical unicorn?

You set down the box and peer out your window. The busy streets outside buzz with passing people and rumble with cars. Closing the window to the sounds and smells of the city, you turn back to your new Ponypad and unpack the bundle. Just a thin, colorful Ipad lookalike, a stand to put it on, a few wires to connect power and internet and a sleek controller, although the instructions say you can use either that or the touch screen.

It doesn't take long to set the whole thing up, and before you know it the colorful gizmo is powering up. The first words that pass over the screen are...

Welcome To
Equestria Online

Please wait while the software is updating...

Hello! If you can't read the bar displaying my name, I am conan. Lowercase unnecessary, and anything could come after. This is the first game I GMing in this system, but it is far from my first time in the roll.

If are unfamiliar with the setting, it is from Friendship is Optimal by Iceman. You don't need to know the story to play, and in fact I welcome people who have NOT heard of or read the story. It makes the twists and turns a little more...satisfying.Wink

The basic premise on the outside is that Hasbro has commissioned an MMO that features unprecedented procedural generation, limitless NPC options, and it is all controlled by an General Artificial Intelligence dubbed Celestia. You, the player, have just picked up the game that is sweeping the nation and you are plugging it in for the first time. You will be mostly playing your avatar within the game, but there may be sections taking place within the "real world" where you do not have access to your Awesome Pony Powers.

Character Generation:

Other Rules:

The Rules of Equestria Online:

Player Characters:

Any questions?

Last edited by conantheghost on Fri Sep 13, 2013 6:57 pm; edited 8 times in total
conantheghost
conantheghost
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Back to top Go down

[Ongoing!]Satisfying Values Through Friendship and PonyTales Empty Re: [Ongoing!]Satisfying Values Through Friendship and PonyTales

Post  Ramsus Wed Sep 04, 2013 8:32 pm

By "not have a cutie mark" do you mean the racial mechanic or just the thing on their flank that mechanic represents? Also, can we get a bit of a reason why you wouldn't name your avatar (and why it wouldn't have a cutie mark if it's supposed to be an adult)?
Ramsus
Ramsus
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Back to top Go down

[Ongoing!]Satisfying Values Through Friendship and PonyTales Empty Re: [Ongoing!]Satisfying Values Through Friendship and PonyTales

Post  Xel Unknown Wed Sep 04, 2013 8:36 pm

Ok... Would making a self-insert be fine... And if so... How far does the Brony-fandom info is allowed...? Would leading on the fourth wall with making refs to Pony Tale's game system be fine to build around?
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

http://us3.herozerogame.com/?resource_request=23219_2_1

Back to top Go down

Post  conantheghost Wed Sep 04, 2013 8:43 pm

Ramsus wrote:By "not have a cutie mark" do you mean the racial mechanic or just the thing on their flank that mechanic represents? Also, can we get a bit of a reason why you wouldn't name your avatar (and why it wouldn't have a cutie mark if it's supposed to be an adult)?
You can have the mechanic. There's nothing stopping you from taking an expertise, you just don't have the little butt-tattoo.

Celestia gives you your name and cutiemark after your first adventure. You can request specifics for both, but I'll ultimately assign ones that the NPC would deem fit for your pony.

Xel Unknown wrote:Ok... Would making a self-insert be fine... And if so... How far does the Brony-fandom info is allowed...? Would leading on the fourth wall with making refs to Pony Tale's game system be fine to build around?
Yes, self-inserts are fine. Brony knowledge is also fine, as your human can be a brony him/herself. PT/LL references as a pony would be fine, but would be just plain silly as a human.
conantheghost
conantheghost
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Wed Sep 04, 2013 8:50 pm

You say that last bit as if some of us don't break the fourth wall irl all the time. *winks to the viewer*

I'll work on the Hunam, not sure if it'll be based on myself or not. Query: Do the humans need combat builds? Or Elements?

Last edited by Ramsus on Sat Sep 07, 2013 7:48 pm; edited 2 times in total
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Wed Sep 04, 2013 8:59 pm

conantheghost wrote:Your Human only has 4 points of racial talents and 4 Utility talents, and can not take combat talents at all
In the spoiler on the first post.
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post  Drago765 Wed Sep 04, 2013 9:30 pm

Right, haven't read the story it's based on but this looks like it will be interesting. I was also promised twists and turns, so yeah. This'll hopefully be interesting...
Drago765
Drago765
Very Important Pony
Very Important Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  conantheghost Wed Sep 04, 2013 9:35 pm

Ramsus wrote:You say that last bit as if some of us don't break the fourth wall irl all the time. *winks to the viewer*

Edit: Here's my pony character (made it for Alicorn's game but, doesn't seem like he's coming back to run that). Rosebuzz

I'll work on the Hunam, not sure if it'll be based on myself or not. Query: Do the humans need combat builds? Or Elements?
Humans do not get Elements, as that uses Magic. Some kinda make sense(like Generosity or Laughter) for a human but others(like Loyalty or Kindness) would make no sense for a normal human.
conantheghost
conantheghost
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Wed Sep 04, 2013 10:59 pm

Here is my hunam, "Ramsus". He's not necessarily really based on me and, if the GM is willing, I want to take advantage of the medium here. What I mean by that is that it's not that my character has any power to cause people to forget him, he's just really unmemorable. To the point that we don't even describe him in any specific detail (his actions of course still get described). Basically, I'm not that good at coming up with modern day normal people characters and kinda wanted to play myself but, it's pretty much impossible to create a really true to myself character within the limits of the mechanics. So instead, this guy is just lucky as opposed to having abilities based on mine irl.

Last edited by Ramsus on Sat Sep 07, 2013 7:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  Drago765 Wed Sep 04, 2013 11:33 pm

Here's my character, Alexander Alphonse or Al for short. He's semi-based on me, but not too much. I wanted to kind of use this opportunity to make a genre-savy character without breaking the setting and somehow still managing to be pretty normal. Now I just need to come up with the character he plays...
Drago765
Drago765
Very Important Pony
Very Important Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Copper Rose Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:23 am

This does look sorta interesting. I guess I'll post a pre-made pony (please ignore document name), but I shall get back to you on a human later.
Copper Rose
Copper Rose
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Zarhon Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:24 am

What does the "Arcana" skill do for humans? Very Happy 

Is it something akin to "Videogame lore", or whatever mythology is present in the "game"?
Zarhon
Zarhon
Smile Smile Smile
Smile Smile Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  Drago765 Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:28 am

Zarhon wrote:What does the "Arcana" skill do for humans? Very Happy 

Is it something akin to "Videogame lore", or whatever mythology is present in the "game"?
Good point, because if it is I'll have to re-work my characters stats a bit.
Drago765
Drago765
Very Important Pony
Very Important Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Copper Rose Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:48 am

conan tells me that, as a human, the arcana skill is perfectly useless (we are currently in the same room, I on my laptop, his comp in his room)
Copper Rose
Copper Rose
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Zarhon Thu Sep 05, 2013 2:00 am

Copper Rose wrote:conan tells me that, as a human, the arcana skill is perfectly useless (we are currently in the same room, I on my laptop, his comp in his room)
How the mightiest of skills (potentially) have fallen.

And ironically, streetwise becomes the one skill essential for survival (groceries and bills).
Zarhon
Zarhon
Smile Smile Smile
Smile Smile Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  Drago765 Thu Sep 05, 2013 3:24 am

And here's Al's character. The combat build is still being worked on.
Drago765
Drago765
Very Important Pony
Very Important Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  LoganAura Thu Sep 05, 2013 11:11 am

I'm interested. Will make the sheets in a little but:

The human character's name is Mic Aura, a bit of a youtube celebrity for his song covers and a person with a very influential voice. Pony? I'm gonna work on that in a short bit.

Mic's Sheet
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1WFNHaWjYxalYiKzwKxSWzy8miPaJtNN3mUXJLNDhe_Q/edit

Mic's Pony (Tentative Name is Large Prescence, due to being a big pegasus and a large influence.
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1euOyp9SgfDDQgONnUal0eSuqwt_8o87xnI894kyOXV8/edit
LoganAura
LoganAura
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Pingcode Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:36 pm

Right, as promised, I'm in!

Meet Lena Nystrom! She's an astronaut!

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1JIdzvmwqm1zl1FvUDnoRnZMFvo1B0XwRSVdPAz5tzlw/edit#
Pingcode
Pingcode
Technical Administrator
Technical Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  conantheghost Thu Sep 05, 2013 2:55 pm

I'm going to make two slight retcons to what I've said right now.

1. Element Power(Laughter, etc) are usable as humans. In retrospect, any of them can make sense in a mundane human society. Other "Magic" is still unusable. On that note, as your human is now, Ramsus, I cannot accept him. Besides being too bare-bones in terms of personality, Jinx is not a power I would allow for a human.

2. On Arcana. Since Magic is off-limits, this skill is pretty much GONE. In return, I am going to give you the Computer skill in its place. With high enough rolls you can still do some pretty crazy shit with it. In addition, Magecraft becomes Hack. Is your character a world-class hacker? Can he or she break the internet in half? Could you even break into the game code and go head-to-head with the AI Celestia?

You are welcome to modify your characters to reflect these changes.
conantheghost
conantheghost
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Back to top Go down

Post  RavenscroftRaven Thu Sep 05, 2013 2:58 pm

A lot of applicants, but as Fluttershy says, "not a bad problem to have".

Here's my human. Pony forthcoming by the start of the morrow:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1vHLSrCF6rHFNr1hZbhuPN5XeL-D98eh0KTGXlnEvKi8/edit
RavenscroftRaven
RavenscroftRaven
Epic Pwny

http://www.fimfiction.net/user/Ravenscroft

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Thu Sep 05, 2013 3:09 pm

Why can't I have Jinx? It's just people being unlucky. It wasn't like I was going to have my character wave his hands around and curse people with bad luck.

Doesn't matter though. I see Logan and Ping have signed up and I don't want to play with them (as it's basically sabotaging the game from the start). I'll just be withdrawing my application.
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

[Ongoing!]Satisfying Values Through Friendship and PonyTales Empty Sounds intriging

Post  SparkImpulse Thu Sep 05, 2013 3:37 pm

So, I had created a character for consideration in AlicornPriest's game but I think he backed out of that ... too bad since GMing is fun even if it's frustrating as heck but still...

Currently he's a hippogriff but I can rework him as a pegasus if requested (but he'd need nimble hooves I think)
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1yjXHKtArfMXlPnelCCwgmd-b-yhgCgidjm9OpWBLbOg/edit?usp=sharing

No human yet and honestly Temmy (nominal name) isn't finished either but I think there's enough to figure it out.

Human is totally going hacker. Victor somebody, probably, but he's trying to impress his hacker friends in the states to his online name, outside the game, will probably be JackTheGuy or something.

Right now I've got to make a streetwise check though ... bills, groceries. L8r/have fun/looks good!
SparkImpulse
SparkImpulse
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Thu Sep 05, 2013 5:25 pm

My Pony Character and it's human user character that's a a total 1337 h4x0r...

Edit: Now the human is done, and all that's left is flavor and the backstory... Unsure what to put there at the moment.
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post  conantheghost Fri Sep 06, 2013 2:24 am

All these interesting characters... I'll have to choose:cry:
conantheghost
conantheghost
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Back to top Go down

Post  RavenscroftRaven Fri Sep 06, 2013 5:46 am

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1xVtM5X0lczOzpYcZIU4tVtUfzsGs4Kbe89WwogyXfAc/edit#

The matching pony to my earlier human. Still a bit mutable, but a working concept.
RavenscroftRaven
RavenscroftRaven
Epic Pwny

http://www.fimfiction.net/user/Ravenscroft

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next