Pony Tales: Aspirations of Harmony
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ask a Simple Question - Get a Simple Answer

+42
Bubblez
Faege
Terrestial
Exuno
PhoenixSpectre
Cardbo
DrownedChampion
Broken Logic
mjh6
Copper Rose
Crystalite
Snagging Roots
deonte9109
Dusk Raven
LoganAura
Caden2112
Pingcode
Antiquated
AProcrastinatingWriter
RavenscroftRaven
Z2
Paper Shadow
Fury of the Tempest
Philadelphus
Lapis-Lazily
tygerburningbright
Mind Gamer
Stairc -Dan Felder
Zarhon
sunbeam
Hayatecooper
Demonu
A1C Bronymous
XandZero2
Kindulas
Xel Unknown
Ramsus
Sefton
Quietkal
Doc pseudopolis
ZamuelNow
SparkImpulse
46 posters

Page 9 of 30 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 19 ... 30  Next

Go down

Ask a Simple Question - Get a Simple Answer - Page 9 Empty Re: Ask a Simple Question - Get a Simple Answer

Post  Xel Unknown Fri Sep 20, 2013 5:47 pm

Don't think you can use Bekerker's Rage twice in a battle....
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

http://us3.herozerogame.com/?resource_request=23219_2_1

Back to top Go down

Ask a Simple Question - Get a Simple Answer - Page 9 Empty Re: Ask a Simple Question - Get a Simple Answer

Post  Antiquated Fri Sep 20, 2013 5:51 pm

Xel Unknown wrote:Don't think you can use Bekerker's Rage twice in a battle....
Ok, thanks for the heads up.

Btw, I love how fast you guys are. You're awesome! Keep it up!
Antiquated
Antiquated
Background Pony
Background Pony

http://www.fimfiction.net/user/antiquatedannomaly

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Fri Sep 20, 2013 6:43 pm

Nothing says you can't use it twice in a battle, if it was it would be a trait or item talent instead. I don't know for certain here, but I think you get the additional 3d6- and if so, then you can use them both on the same attack, or on two different attacks. If nothing else, the way it's worded doesn't really make it seem like the no stack rule applies to it.

But I don't know why you'd use it twice a battle, that's about 4 turns used up on just the two uses, IF you have the right equipment to pull it off. Unless you have a build that, after several rounds, you just have an abundance of pips to use.
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous
Air Commander, Equestrian Armies Pegasus Corps, Eastern Skies Command

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Fri Sep 20, 2013 6:52 pm

You've got a point... The rules teckneckly doesn't say you can't use it more then once... Just doesn't say anything about what happens if he is used more then once... The vul 4 doesn't get effected... But getting an extra +3d6 seems like something that not everypony would agree on. I think most GMs would say no... It doesn't do anything.
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post  AProcrastinatingWriter Fri Sep 20, 2013 7:51 pm

Except give you four more pips for effectively no cost.

Not exactly a bad deal at that point.
AProcrastinatingWriter
AProcrastinatingWriter

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Fri Sep 20, 2013 7:55 pm

Yeah, except we're talking about Berserker's Rage now, which is a -9 pip cost.
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Zarhon Fri Sep 20, 2013 8:15 pm

Well, going by the "no stacking rule", you can't really repeat the effect onto yourself (as you already can't with blood pact and other such "permanent" effects).

HOWEVER, you could, in theory, combine the "Berzerker Rage" with "Wild Abandon" (the -7 costing, 'weaker' version of berzerker rage, with the same drawback) by using one, then the other. Both are different combat talents with similar, but still different / individual effects, and would ignore the no-stacking rule. Furthermore, their Vulnerability wouldn't stack, so there's no drawback out of combining them.

[-7] Wild Abandon - Minor Utility
For the rest of the battle you suffer Vulnerability 4, and once per round when you make a single-target attack, you may have that attack deal +2d6 damage.

[-9] Berserker’s Rage - Minor Utility
For the rest of the battle you suffer Vulnerability 4, and once per round when you make a single-target attack, you may have that attack deal +3d6 damage.
Zarhon
Zarhon
Smile Smile Smile
Smile Smile Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  AProcrastinatingWriter Fri Sep 20, 2013 8:43 pm

Bronymous wrote:Yeah, except we're talking about Berserker's Rage now, which is a -9 pip cost.
The frick was my mind an hour ago
AProcrastinatingWriter
AProcrastinatingWriter

Back to top Go down

Post  Antiquated Fri Sep 20, 2013 8:57 pm

Zarhon wrote: HOWEVER, you could, in theory, combine the "Berzerker Rage" with "Wild Abandon" (the -7 costing, 'weaker' version of berzerker rage...
This was my default plan. Just wanted to check and see if I could free up a combat talent slot. Thanks for all the input.
Antiquated
Antiquated
Background Pony
Background Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Sun Sep 22, 2013 12:50 pm

[0] Prepare Spell - Minor Utility
Choose one:
A) Choose a Basic Combat Talent you have selected (which can be this one) and swap it with one you do not have selected.
B) Pay 1 energy: Choose a Basic Combat Talent you don’t have selected for this battle. You may now use that talent during this battle.

What is the difference between option A here, and the default "spend a minor, swap a talent" action that everyone can already do?
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Antiquated Sun Sep 22, 2013 1:07 pm

Bronymous wrote:[0] Prepare Spell - Minor Utility
Choose one:
A) Choose a Basic Combat Talent you have selected (which can be this one) and swap it with one you do not have selected.
B) Pay 1 energy: Choose a Basic Combat Talent you don’t have selected for this battle. You may now use that talent during this battle.

What is the difference between option A here, and the default "spend a minor, swap a talent" action that everyone can already do?
You are thinking of Switcheroo, but you've got one critical detail wrong.

Swticheroo:

Switcheroo can only be used once per battle. So the advantage of Option A from Prepare Spell is that you can do it every round if you like instead of just once per battle.
Antiquated
Antiquated
Background Pony
Background Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Sun Sep 22, 2013 1:29 pm

Oh that's true. Good call.
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Hayatecooper Sun Sep 22, 2013 7:49 pm

[-4] Rise for Me! - Reaction Utility [Created by Silent Belle and Sunbeam]
Trigger - An enemy falls to 0 or fewer hp.
Effect - You conjure a Blood Skeleton with the following stat block.

Blood Skeleton - 10 hp
Size: medium
Speed: 6
Trait - Open Grave
When this creature reaches 0 hp or less, it deals 1d10 damage to all creatures adjacent to it.

[+X] Cannibalism - Standard Attack
Range: Melee
The Blood Skeleton deals Xd12 damage to target ally. X cannot be greater than 5.

[+1] Bloodwrench - Standard Attack
Range: Melee
The Blood Skeleton deals 1d6 damage to target creature. Target ally gains 1d6 hp.

[-2] Protect The Master - Interrupt
Trigger - An enemy targets you or an ally within 5 spaces of the Blood Skeleton with a melee or ranged attack
Effect - The Blood Skeleton moves to a space that is between that ally and the triggering enemy, or adjacent to both. The attack targets the Blood Skeleton instead.
This power’s cost cannot be reduced to below 1.

Again does this need a range? Table top. I assume the same range as Bone Mite but I thought I'd ask.
Hayatecooper
Hayatecooper
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Philadelphus Mon Sep 23, 2013 3:54 am

So this question came up in the course of combat-testing using the tabletop system today:

Regarding the Lightning Chain ability of the Lightning Spear:

Lightning Chain:
What exactly does "different creature" mean? For illustration, if you have three creatures A, B, and C, all within legal range of each other for Lightning Chain, is it possible to jump first to A, then to B, then back to A? Or would it have to be A, B, C?

I ruled it was the former because I figured the intent was just that you couldn't use it three times on the same creature, but I'd like some confirmation one way or the other.
Philadelphus
Philadelphus
Designer
Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  Kindulas Mon Sep 23, 2013 4:07 am

Philadelphus wrote:So this question came up in the course of combat-testing using the tabletop system today:

Regarding the Lightning Chain ability of the Lightning Spear:

Lightning Chain:
What exactly does "different creature" mean? For illustration, if you have three creatures A, B, and C, all within legal range of each other for Lightning Chain, is it possible to jump first to A, then to B, then back to A? Or would it have to be A, B, C?

I ruled it was the former because I figured the intent was just that you couldn't use it three times on the same creature, but I'd like some confirmation one way or the other.
Because it says "Each time" targeting a different creature, it's supposed to mean you need A, B, C. Not clear at all, though...
Kindulas
Kindulas
Designer
Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  Philadelphus Mon Sep 23, 2013 4:12 am

Ah, yes, I thought it was "different creature from the previous attack" not "different creature altogether." Perhaps you could add something like the following to the wording?
"You may repeat this attack up to 2 times, each time targeting a different creature. You may not target the same creature twice."
Philadelphus
Philadelphus
Designer
Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  Philadelphus Tue Sep 24, 2013 5:31 am

Another question that came up during the latest testing: one of my players hit an enemy with Explosive Arrow, intending to hit a bunch of creatures with its delayed blast. However, the initial attack killed the creature, which brought up the question of what happens to the delayed blast. I thought it wouldn't be very fair to say that the blast just fizzled since he didn't know the attack would kill the creature, so I just ruled that since its corpse was technically still there the blast would happen when it came around to the next time the creature would have had its turn if it was still alive. But just wondered if there was an official ruling on that.

Explosive Arrow:
Philadelphus
Philadelphus
Designer
Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  Hayatecooper Tue Sep 24, 2013 8:41 pm

Reincarnation
Five times per battle, you may use the following combat talent.

[0] Conjure Spirit Fragment - Reaction [5/Battle]
   Trigger - A conjuration you control dies.
   Effect - You conjure an allied Spirit Fragment with the following stat block.

I know, more Tabletop questions. But. When it says "You conjure an allied Spirit Fragment with the following stat block." Is there a range on that? Like.. is it just summoned on the same space as the dead conjuration?(Which is my assumption) or can it be summoned where ever? Also does the conjuration dying have to be near you particularly? Assuming no, but *shrugs*

EDIT: Also while I'm asking stuff
Lvl 10 Dynamic Duo
How does that interact with taking Companions as your Duo Partner? Do you essentially gain Dynamic Duo again because they gain Dynamic Duo and then you take it, does the effect Fizzle and all you get is the telepathy thing? What's the go on that
Hayatecooper
Hayatecooper
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Stairc -Dan Felder Wed Sep 25, 2013 12:36 am

@Phil - You can rule this either way, but I'd support the way you ruled it. It's much more fun.

@Hayate - Like all things in tabletop (unless specifically specified otherwise), you still need line of sight and effect for Reincarnation to work. However, other than that - it doesn't have a strict range requirement. Dynamic Duo - would you mind posting the destiny in question?
Stairc -Dan Felder
Stairc -Dan Felder
Lead Designer
Lead Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  Hayatecooper Wed Sep 25, 2013 5:40 am

Level 10 - “Our destinies are one”
You and your partner's destinies have become deeply intertwined. Gain the level 4 and 7 destiny feature of your partner and they gain your level 7 destiny feature as well. Furthermore, your telepathy between yourself and your partner cannot be interrupted or detected by any outside means.

The other two are pretty obvious, it's just this bit I'm curious about. Rest is spoilered below however, just incase.
Dynamic Duo:
Hayatecooper
Hayatecooper
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  sunbeam Thu Sep 26, 2013 12:57 am

I noticed something curious when one of my players was building a support character in Living Legends. The tabletop and the Skype version of Magnificent Melody are notably different, slightly in mechanic but especially in feel. Why so much difference between them? I'm perfectly happy with some explanation of the math behind this, if you have the time.

Skype version:

Tabletop version:
sunbeam
sunbeam
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Thu Sep 26, 2013 12:40 pm

Um... I gotta ask, is one counted as bloodied if their HP is lower then 0? This is assuming that either one's using the Deathly Vigor talent or the Die Another Day trait... But mostly doesn't matter, the fact if one still counts as "Bloodied" is the more important question here. I assume so, but would like to make 100% sure. Also on a side note, what happens if one's HP hits "dead" level (IE: -30 or -60 depending on traits) while one has Deathly Vigor active? Do they stay alive until the combat is over with or do they die regardless? And what about the Coma status? Can Deathly Vigor bypass that as well to keep on fighting? I would assume it could... Cause that'd totally make it a quite atractive option if so... If not... It's a good deal weaker then I had hoped.

info wrote:Combat Talent:
[-2] Deathly Vigor - Minor Utility [Created by Silent Belle]
Target unconscious ally gains 2d10 temporary hp. The target may act as though it was conscious as long as it has temporary hp.

Combat Trait:
Die Another Day
Prerequisites: Never Say Die
You can keep fighting far beyond the limits of normal people. You now fall unconscious and lose all your energy once you are reduced to negative 12 hp or below, instead of 0.
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post  LoganAura Thu Sep 26, 2013 1:39 pm

Bloodied is "Under half HP" as far as I know, so if you are under 15 HP, unless I'm mistaken you're considered 'bloodied'
LoganAura
LoganAura
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Thu Sep 26, 2013 4:54 pm

So this'll be interesting if its exploitable. If you have Adept, and have an Expert skill in Acrobatics or Athletics, and the use Physical Prowess and roll a 19 on the 3d10, does it count as a critical success?
Adept and PP:
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Paper Shadow Thu Sep 26, 2013 5:10 pm

Bronymous wrote:So this'll be interesting if its exploitable. If you have Adept, and have an Expert skill in Acrobatics or Athletics, and the use Physical Prowess and roll a 19 on the 3d10, does it count as a critical success?
Adept and PP:
The day you can roll a Natural 19 on 3d10 is a day that the Laws of Probability took the day off...
Paper Shadow
Paper Shadow
Smile Like You Mean It
Smile Like You Mean It

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 30 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 19 ... 30  Next