Pony Tales: Aspirations of Harmony
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[Game] Satisfying Values

+3
Drago765
Xel Unknown
conantheghost
7 posters

Page 4 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down

[Game] Satisfying Values - Page 4 Empty Re: [Game] Satisfying Values

Post  Copper Rose Tue Sep 10, 2013 12:45 am

"Um, combat?... I don't think I'll be very good at that... though I guess I should get some armor anyway. Do you think you could tell us where it is?"
Copper Rose
Copper Rose
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  RavenscroftRaven Tue Sep 10, 2013 6:17 am

"It might be silly for a bunch of pegasi to go base jumping, but we'll think of you every time we use 'em!" Pink thanks with upbeat cheer. She uses tea once more. "Is there some sort of central market we could check out, maybe get some ideas of what this great land has to offer?"

Outside the game, Vizard was anything but cheery, though character shall never be broken, lest it hurt the immersion of others. The voice synth software was too perfect. More samples of it were needed. This must have been what the unionized fisheries must have felt, if the program went mainstream, the dream job prospects would be over, and patents didn't last that long... More voices. There must be a glaring imperfection somewhere, something. A crowded PC-run market would be ideal to check that, if the game supported those.
RavenscroftRaven
RavenscroftRaven
Epic Pwny

http://www.fimfiction.net/user/Ravenscroft

Back to top Go down

Post  Pingcode Tue Sep 10, 2013 11:18 am

Valks trots over and slips on the bags with oddly uncharacteristic care, sliding them over her back before carefully extricating her wings. "I wøn't säy nø tø tribüte!" she chirrups, her over-the-top accent slipping for just a moment. She pauses to pick up the tea in her teeth and down the lot of it, before continuing. "Whät mighty föes are neärby that a mighty warriør like myself find glöry and a näme?"
Pingcode
Pingcode
Technical Administrator
Technical Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  conantheghost Wed Sep 11, 2013 1:43 am

"I can show you the Armoury if you want, you seem ready for whatever you'll see out there. These trees'll keep." Olive turns his toward the white unicorn as he starts walking. "And lass, an Armoury doesn't sell just armor." He trots off toward the market with the party in tow.

~
Bungie looks at the party like they're a bunch of crazies, then shakes his head. "Pah, adventurers, you're all the same. And you did see the large market on th way into town yes? I know the paths up the cliff are out of the way, but you can see the whole town from up here."

Last edited by conantheghost on Wed Sep 11, 2013 3:42 am; edited 1 time in total
conantheghost
conantheghost
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Back to top Go down

Post  LoganAura Wed Sep 11, 2013 1:47 am

Mic's Pony avatar flaps his wings, once again trying to look at his inventory/stat screen now that he has stuff, and trotting back. "Gonna stop by the shops. Maybe do a bit of a ditty to earn some more bits. Want to join me ladies?" The stallion tilts his head, earring dangling a bit as he looks at the others with him.
LoganAura
LoganAura
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Pingcode Wed Sep 11, 2013 1:58 am

"Let's go." Valks grumbles, waving outwards and walking off to the marketplace, "So much for the vaunted AI driven MMO."
Pingcode
Pingcode
Technical Administrator
Technical Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Wed Sep 11, 2013 2:03 am

APC's blue earth pony nods. "Yeah I'd love to see this place of combat-relationed palceness..."
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

http://us3.herozerogame.com/?resource_request=23219_2_1

Back to top Go down

Post  RavenscroftRaven Wed Sep 11, 2013 2:03 am

"I'm sure you know all the good places to shop by instinct, but looking is much more fun." Pink chides the stallion. She looks outside the door. "You really CAN see pretty much everything from here. Be wary of gorgeous view and praise the sun indeed."

She steps back inside after the silly outburst. "But running off like that would be terribly impolite. Mister Bungie, you've been ever so kind to us, what with the packs, and the tea, and hosting and tour guiding... Is there anything we--" She looks at the others already braced for take-off... Or already taken off. "--I can do to repay your generosity?"
RavenscroftRaven
RavenscroftRaven
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Copper Rose Wed Sep 11, 2013 12:58 pm

"Oh, of course. Just don't expect me to go buying any weapons."
Copper Rose
Copper Rose
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  conantheghost Wed Sep 11, 2013 8:31 pm

Olive leads the way to the center of the marketplace, where ponis around them happily trade and go about their business. "Welcome to the real Cliffside. This is where we all work together to keep the place together." The building is reminiscent of viking lodges out of movies, and has various "trophies" displayed outside on the walls. None of them are above PG, but they are...reminiscent of more mature displays from the real thing.

~
As he waves the two ponies out with a," Thanks for your purchase!" Bungie turns toward the remaining mare. "Well, you can stick around to actually finish your tea? I don't get many visitors up here usually. Pegasi have their wings, and earht ponies and unicorns don't want to leave the ground. It's a tough business, but I love what I do."
conantheghost
conantheghost
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Back to top Go down

Post  LoganAura Wed Sep 11, 2013 8:35 pm

The white pegasus flies down to the town center, looking around at everypony and slipping his saddle bag to one wing. Looking for any sort of Town Guards, to ask if he was allowed to sing for bits without any sort of permit.
LoganAura
LoganAura
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Wed Sep 11, 2013 9:09 pm

APC just has his character stare at this building... Feeling like there is a joke here, but it's just going over his head.
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post  Copper Rose Wed Sep 11, 2013 10:43 pm

Rose's character develops an eye twitch, then shakes her head. "Well, thank you for showing us the way to the armory! This... this is the armory, right?" she says, looking to Olive.
Copper Rose
Copper Rose
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  RavenscroftRaven Wed Sep 11, 2013 11:42 pm

"I know a lot about tough business, trust me." Pink says laconically as she returns to the tea, looking at the other empty mugs with a sad sigh. "Quite a bit about it, actually. How do you do business? Generosity is nice but I doubt the others are going to wind up giving you any referrals."
RavenscroftRaven
RavenscroftRaven
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Thu Sep 12, 2013 7:09 pm

APC eventually gives up and just tries to head inside regardless of if this was the right place or not...
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post  conantheghost Thu Sep 12, 2013 7:19 pm

Mic can only find one bored guard in the entire market, and his ears perk at the mention of music. "Been a while since we had somepony to play in the background here. Get a lot of utilitarian types, not many artsy ones. You can play anywhere you want, there's no laws against music."

~
Inside the Armoury("It's not an armory, it's the Armoury. Get it right, lass.") is found weapons and armor and gear and lots and lots of scrolls. When they walk in a notification appears above the PC's heads.

A new button appears on the screens of the players, indicating a new context menu. The new abilities and descriptions of what they do flash across the screen and disappear into the new button.

A pegasus snoozes at a desk on the far side of the racks of equipment.

~
Bungie smiles wide at the pink pegasus. "Not what I meant at all! Sure, I don't get many customers like you, but I make enough It's not like I'll go hungry anytime soon, right? I just wish I could drum up more business from time to time. Not for the bits, but to share my love of climbing with all the ponies between those two rack walls down there."
conantheghost
conantheghost
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Back to top Go down

Post  Drago765 Thu Sep 12, 2013 7:37 pm

"Ah, so now we're able to defend our selves! I wonder what the combat is like..." The blue unicorn said as he pressed the new button.
Drago765
Drago765
Very Important Pony
Very Important Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Thu Sep 12, 2013 7:40 pm

APC wordless also hits the button... Hoping it'll teleport him to some training dummy or something combat-ish... He readies his combat-music just in case the game didn't do any this early in the MMO...
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post  Pingcode Thu Sep 12, 2013 7:53 pm

As the fat pegasus begins to sing, something snaps in Valkyrie, and she grits her teeth. "Right, that does it." she growls, her wings rising up slowly and beginning to glow and ripple with heat. The street begins to rumble.

"Mic. Back me. WULD NA KEST!" she shouts, before rocketing off at 30 kilometres per second, bouncing through every single building in the town simultaneously in a streak of fire, prompting a sudden torrent of messages in front of everypony as every tutorial popup in the town is triggered in short succession.

Athletics:
Pingcode
Pingcode
Technical Administrator
Technical Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  LoganAura Thu Sep 12, 2013 8:18 pm

Mic stepped up to the plate, starting to sing and doing a little fly by to some of the ponies in the square.

"Come now, fillies and colts, and promise not to tell~
I've got a big secret and I doubt you know it well.
Though I'm not quite a stallion, see I just act that way.
I'll defend everypony and leap into the fra-"

A large whizzing flies by him, almost knocking him over as Val asked for his help, then proceeded to go off. The pegasus blinks a couple of times, jaw dropped as the mare flies by before coughing. "W-well, I don't think this song fits anymore one sec."

Mic glances over to Val, watching her fly from place to place.
"Looks like a mare, but she's a flame
So bright, she can burn your eyes
Better look the other way"
Mic smiled, dancing a little bit and flying up, doing a few little loops and tricks as he sung that, watching where the other pegasus was going.

"You can try but you'll never forget her name
She's on top of the world
Hotter than the sunlit days"
A quick dodge from he flying and a glance back, chuckles. fits her colors.

"Ohhhh oh oh oh
We got our hooves on the ground
And we're burning it down"
Mic landed with a soft 'Clack' on the pavement, doing a couple taps and grinning before flying again.

"Ohhhh oh oh oh oh
Got our head in the clouds
And we're not coming down"
Mic flew straight up, then came straight down, grinning as he sang.

"That mare is on fire...
That mare is on fire...
She's flying on fire...
That Mare is on fire..."

Spoiler:
LoganAura
LoganAura
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  conantheghost Thu Sep 12, 2013 10:24 pm

The button press instantly brings the two ponies into combat stances facing each other as the surrounding area warps. It now appears that the two are in some sort of bubble made just for sparing or dueling. The game appears to separate combat from the rest of normal interaction, as the sleeping pegasus is pushed back by the bubble with some of the scenery.

And then the wall behind them caves in.

~
Mic gets a few happy looks from ponies in the street as he starts singing, and he can hear a *ding* with every smile.

When Val zooms past and he breaks into the more upbeat song, the dinging triples and he the ponies in the street start singing along with the chorus and dancing at his beat.

Oddly, the windswept NPCs incorporate the speeding pegasus into the beat as she bounces around. Even her blows ring out the proper rythm, the whole town hearing and even feeling the music. When she moves back around the city, she reaches Mic and the Armoury. She bounces...to crash through the facade, sending it flying into the building.

Bits earned from Musical: 29 Each(Mic and Val)
conantheghost
conantheghost
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Back to top Go down

Post  Pingcode Thu Sep 12, 2013 10:35 pm

Valks finally stops on a roof, panting in exhaustion. She rears up into the sky. "IS THIS WHAT YØU WANT, HUH? CAN WE GET THE BÜCK ØN WITH THIS NØW?" she yells, to whoever is there to listen.
Pingcode
Pingcode
Technical Administrator
Technical Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  LoganAura Thu Sep 12, 2013 10:38 pm

Mic, after collecting the bits for himself and Val, flies up to her. "Nice Phoenix." The pegasus shakes his head, frowning. "But yeah, let's go get the others and get the buck out of here. Tutorial's done, we've got as much as we need, onward to wherever the buck we're supposed to go. Leaving town will at least have something interesting happen."
LoganAura
LoganAura
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Pingcode Thu Sep 12, 2013 10:50 pm

Valkyrie stops, and watches as the NPCs go on exactly as before, and then lowers herself back onto her hooves. "Bück this."

The pegasus winks out.

---

Lena removes the helmet from her head, and pushes off the gloves, detaching herself from the seat. "Well that was a complete waste of an hour." she grumbles to the dog sitting there. "Come on, Sputnik, let's write a review."

She gets up and starts walking to the computer, sitting down and opening her browser, searching for 'Equestria Online'.
Pingcode
Pingcode
Technical Administrator
Technical Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Thu Sep 12, 2013 10:54 pm

APC laughs a little... Then he logs off... Having gotten totally bored of the MMO. "Sad when a Brony get's bored of the fancy pony MMO.... Had next to no hook... And the intro was moving slower then Skyrim's Opener..."
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9, 10, 11  Next