Pony Tales: Aspirations of Harmony
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Players Wanted!

+25
Fury of the Tempest
kajisora
Paper Shadow
JadeCriminal
vexx1313
A1C Bronymous
Xel Unknown
Zarhon
Yawnmon
tygerburningbright
Azureink
LoganAura
ShadowDragon8685
Dr Blight
Lighting_3
AlicornPriest
Videocrazy
The Warrior of Many Faces
Demonu
elfowlgirl
Sable Shroud
XandZero2
Cardbo
Ramsus
Stairc -Dan Felder
29 posters

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Players Wanted! Empty Players Wanted!

Post  Stairc -Dan Felder Fri Jul 27, 2012 5:17 pm

Thinking of DMing a Pony Tales campaign? Awesome, we love you now. You can post it here and let us know how many/what kind of players you're interested in.

Last edited by Stairc -Dan Felder on Sun Jul 29, 2012 11:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
Stairc -Dan Felder
Stairc -Dan Felder
Lead Designer
Lead Designer

Back to top Go down

Players Wanted! Empty Re: Players Wanted!

Post  Stairc -Dan Felder Sun Jul 29, 2012 11:00 pm

I'm thinking I might DM a forum game for some of the folks out there. Would anyone be interested?
Stairc -Dan Felder
Stairc -Dan Felder
Lead Designer
Lead Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Sun Jul 29, 2012 11:15 pm

lol, well I probably shouldn't but, I probably will sign up for it if you decide to run one (though since I'm already in one I'd give up my spot if necessary to make room for others).
Ramsus
Ramsus
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Back to top Go down

Post  Cardbo Sun Jul 29, 2012 11:16 pm

Yeah, probably me as well.
Cardbo
Cardbo

Back to top Go down

Post  XandZero2 Mon Jul 30, 2012 1:26 am

I'll go with Ramsus' approach and see what happens (:
XandZero2
XandZero2
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Sable Shroud Mon Jul 30, 2012 3:03 am

I'd be up for it

Sable Shroud
Cutie Mark Crusader
Cutie Mark Crusader

Back to top Go down

Post  elfowlgirl Mon Jul 30, 2012 3:03 am

I'd like to join.
elfowlgirl
elfowlgirl
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

http://elfowlgirl.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Demonu Mon Jul 30, 2012 9:57 am

I wouldn't mind participating in one.
Demonu
Demonu
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Stairc -Dan Felder Mon Jul 30, 2012 3:35 pm

Well, since there's interest I'll explore the idea further.

For those posting here, let us know why you'd like to play in one of my adventures - or the pony tales system in general.
Stairc -Dan Felder
Stairc -Dan Felder
Lead Designer
Lead Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  Demonu Mon Jul 30, 2012 4:12 pm

Stairc -Dan Felder wrote:Well, since there's interest I'll explore the idea further.

For those posting here, let us know why you'd like to play in one of my adventures - or the pony tales system in general.
I enjoy ponies + I enjoy role playing = I enjoy Pony Tales.

Playing games in general can make for some memorable moments + what I've glanced of your games = Very Happy
Demonu
Demonu
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  elfowlgirl Mon Jul 30, 2012 4:21 pm

Stairc -Dan Felder wrote:Well, since there's interest I'll explore the idea further.

Um, well, I played a really short game of D&D about 3 months ago, and it seemed like a lot of fun. Plus, ponies are the best things ever, so why not?

And you seem to be pretty creative, what with having come up with a majority of this system, so I'm sure it'll be awesome.
elfowlgirl
elfowlgirl
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

http://elfowlgirl.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Mon Jul 30, 2012 4:27 pm

Hmmm, I've heard you're evil. There's no doubt you know the system well. You're clearly creative and you obviously understand the player's perspective on things as well. So, it seems like a game run by you would be a ton of fun.
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  The Warrior of Many Faces Mon Jul 30, 2012 6:59 pm

Well, as for why I'd like to play in the system, it's because it's a fun, simple system with a lot of customization to add complexity. Complex without being complicated, you could say. Very Happy As for you in particular, it's because you sound like a really good (if rather evil) DM. Who better, then, to be the Faust for my first foray into Pony Tales?
Element of Harmony

Location : In my Doomed Fortress of Doomy Doom (tm), plotting to conquer the world!

Back to top Go down

Post  XandZero2 Mon Jul 30, 2012 9:05 pm

Well, if you plan on allowing Pony PCs, then my greatest reason for wanting to join would be to play a Pony I've had dreamed up for quite a while now - Theorycraft, my Rorschach pony. I've enjoyed MW's pbp so far, you seem like a nice guy with some good ideas as far as balance goes, and I've also been starved for RPing as of late - since the Dragon Age group I GM for has been having trouble meeting up and my Dark Heresy GM is still planning out the next quest for my party.

In other words, another campaign sounds like fun.
XandZero2
XandZero2
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Stairc -Dan Felder Mon Jul 30, 2012 9:10 pm

Pony PCs are allowed.
Stairc -Dan Felder
Stairc -Dan Felder
Lead Designer
Lead Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  Cardbo Mon Jul 30, 2012 10:29 pm

So would this be in addition to splitting off of the group of additional PCs for playtesting the non-pony races? I'm cool either way, I'd just like to know which way to jump.

EDIT: I created an Earth Pony trader named Cheese Wheel here.
Cardbo
Cardbo

Back to top Go down

Post  Sable Shroud Tue Jul 31, 2012 4:18 am

I'm an avid RPG player, add in ponies and it can only get better. I've wanted to try the system since I read it, and I know I'm not the best of GMs. Plus, I've gotta do something with all the pony character concepts in my head Razz

Sable Shroud
Cutie Mark Crusader
Cutie Mark Crusader

Back to top Go down

Post  Videocrazy Tue Jul 31, 2012 8:47 am

Why I want to play in one of your adventures:

You're a great storyteller, and from what I've seen you can seamlessly adapt to an unaccounted-for situation. You're an "evil" GM, but the good kind of evil (as oxymoronic as that may sound). You throw challenges and frustrations as the players, not because you feel it's you versus them, but because you understand that there must be difficulties in a journey. A journey without issues is boring, both for the players and any observers, as you get the sense that they're "Boring Invincible Heroes". If your players find a creative solution around a major obstacle, rather than force them back on track with some contrived reason, you reward their non-linear thinking. You give the players an actual choice, with actual consequences, with one standout example being how you gave the players the option to go to go to the combat tournament together after the Wizdig judging concluded, or to split the party and go there now. Splitting the party meant that the next fight would be harder, while waiting ran the risk of not getting to the tournament in time. In short, ever since I've been interested in RP games, you've been my mental ideal GM.

As for the system, I love how you divorced combat and non-combat mechanics, as well as allowed reflavoring of all talents so long as the actual effects remained unchanged. This allows me to make the character I want to make, without being hopeless in one category or being forced into some sort of template. I love how you can choose whatever combat talents you wish, allowing you to make your own combination. No one set is the best, because there's a near-infinite combination. Furthermore, the talents you can pick from are not enough to cover everything, meaning further experimentation to find the best way to perform whatever role you wish to is encouraged. I also like how you're trying to include talents that suit every player's styles, from the flashy, to the waiting predator, to the gambler. Overall, the system is both fun and simple enough to make character creation a snap, but deep enough to really suck you in and make you care about your characters.
Videocrazy
Videocrazy
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Back to top Go down

Post  The Warrior of Many Faces Tue Jul 31, 2012 9:14 am

Videocrazy wrote:

Why I want to play in one of your adventures:

You're a great storyteller, and from what I've seen you can seamlessly adapt to an unaccounted-for situation. You're an "evil" GM, but the good kind of evil (as oxymoronic as that may sound). You throw challenges and frustrations as the players, not because you feel it's you versus them, but because you understand that there must be difficulties in a journey. A journey without issues is boring, both for the players and any observers, as you get the sense that they're "Boring Invincible Heroes". If your players find a creative solution around a major obstacle, rather than force them back on track with some contrived reason, you reward their non-linear thinking. You give the players an actual choice, with actual consequences, with one standout example being how you gave the players the option to go to go to the combat tournament together after the Wizdig judging concluded, or to split the party and go there now. Splitting the party meant that the next fight would be harder, while waiting ran the risk of not getting to the tournament in time. In short, ever since I've been interested in RP games, you've been my mental ideal GM.

As for the system, I love how you divorced combat and non-combat mechanics, as well as allowed reflavoring of all talents so long as the actual effects remained unchanged. This allows me to make the character I want to make, without being hopeless in one category or being forced into some sort of template. I love how you can choose whatever combat talents you wish, allowing you to make your own combination. No one set is the best, because there's a near-infinite combination. Furthermore, the talents you can pick from are not enough to cover everything, meaning further experimentation to find the best way to perform whatever role you wish to is encouraged. I also like how you're trying to include talents that suit every player's styles, from the flashy, to the waiting predator, to the gambler. Overall, the system is both fun and simple enough to make character creation a snap, but deep enough to really suck you in and make you care about your characters.

Bravo, Video! You have managed to express what I'd imagine are everypony's feelings here, only far more eloquently than anypony has done so far. Bravo, I say! Very Happy
Element of Harmony

Location : In my Doomed Fortress of Doomy Doom (tm), plotting to conquer the world!

Back to top Go down

Post  AlicornPriest Tue Jul 31, 2012 11:43 am

Videocrazy wrote:

I definitely agree with this. I think the ability to mix-and-match abilities sets this apart from, say, D&D. Rogues learn rogue moves, Fighters learn fighter moves, and Wizards frequently dedicate themselves to a single school. But I can make a sort of rogue-fighter-wizard build, and it would make perfect sense!
I wish I had taken the opportunity to watch one of your games, because they sound like a lot of fun. But reading the transcripts, it really sounds like there's a lot of freedom to try stuff and interact with characters. I mean, you really let the players write the story and make meaningful choices. And yet, your story is real too! Gah! I don't know how to word it. It just sounds like a real adventure! Smile
AlicornPriest
AlicornPriest
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Stairc -Dan Felder Tue Jul 31, 2012 2:40 pm

Awww, shucks. Thanks everyone - that really does mean a lot.

And it's not to late to spectate on an Aspirations of Harmony game. There's going to be another one 6pm pacific-standard-time. Feel free to tune in late too if you miss the beginning. If you want to spectate, just ask me for an invite via email and list your Skype username.

Well, seems like there's interest and a lot of great players. Guess I'll have to run a forum game after all. Wink

Can't promise it'll be fast-paced with all my other obligations of course.
Stairc -Dan Felder
Stairc -Dan Felder
Lead Designer
Lead Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  The Warrior of Many Faces Tue Jul 31, 2012 2:45 pm

Stairc -Dan Felder wrote:Awww, shucks. Thanks everyone - that really does mean a lot.

And it's not to late to spectate on an Aspirations of Harmony game. There's going to be another one 6pm pacific-standard-time. Feel free to tune in late too if you miss the beginning. If you want to spectate, just ask me for an invite via email and list your Skype username.

Well, seems like there's interest and a lot of great players. Guess I'll have to run a forum game after all. Wink

Can't promise it'll be fast-paced with all my other obligations of course.

No problemo! You deserve the praise. And it doesn't matter if it's fast-paced; most play-by-posts aren't, and besides, the fast ones tend to leave me reading three pages of posts every day. XD
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  Stairc -Dan Felder Tue Jul 31, 2012 4:23 pm

Okay then, I'm going to be opening three slots right away and see how that goes. I'd rather have a solid start and add players as we go along than have a slower start and have to cut back on players later.

I'm now accepting applications for the game.

Tell me...

1) What you enjoy doing, or imagine you'd enjoy doing, in a Pony Tales adventure. (Interacting with characters? Exploring the setting? Running lots of combat? Solving mysteries? Etc.)

2) What kind of character(s) you have in mind for the game. Ponies are allowed, as are griffins, changelings and the latest template of Baby Dragon (my last post in that thread). If you have another race you REALLY want to play, you can ask for permission.

Stairc -Dan Felder
Stairc -Dan Felder
Lead Designer
Lead Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  Cardbo Tue Jul 31, 2012 5:52 pm

Stairc -Dan Felder wrote:Okay then, I'm going to be opening three slots right away and see how that goes. I'd rather have a solid start and add players as we go along than have a slower start and have to cut back on players later.

I'm now accepting applications for the game.

Tell me...

1) What you enjoy doing, or imagine you'd enjoy doing, in a Pony Tales adventure. (Interacting with characters? Exploring the setting? Running lots of combat? Solving mysteries? Etc.)

Exploring the setting, solving mysteries and interacting with characters. Combat I can take or leave.

2) What kind of character(s) you have in mind for the game. Ponies are allowed, as are griffins, changelings and the latest template of Baby Dragon (my last post in that thread). If you have another race you REALLY want to play, you can ask for permission.

If you're okay with it, I'd like play Cheese Wheel
Cardbo
Cardbo

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Tue Jul 31, 2012 6:09 pm

1) Well, I enjoy a variety of things. I tend to like sandbox over rails but, as long as it's not all the same thing all the time I'm generally fine. Though I'm personally not all that great at puzzles.
Edit: This question made me realize another thing I like about this system. There isn't an alignment system! This makes me very happy as one of the weirdest things about D&D is that you have this wide variety of gods who really would have their own definitions of what is good and evil and then for no reason there's this arbitrary and actual good/evil/law/chaos setup that really only matches up with how a few of the gods would perceive things.

2) Very much depends on the game really. I do have one character in particular I do want to make and play, a shy and helpful pony. I'm not going to pre-build the character though since new stuff is always coming out and some of the details of skill/attribute arrangements I'd probably wait and see what the rest of the party has since with the concept for her there are a few different ways I could build her.

Edit 2: lol, of course the people who have answered the questions so far are two of the people least eligible to play. =P
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next