Pony Tales: Aspirations of Harmony
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pony Creator

+2
Xel Unknown
ZamuelNow
6 posters

Go down

Pony Creator Empty Pony Creator

Post  ZamuelNow Mon Sep 16, 2013 11:50 pm

Not sure if this should be here or in General Discussion but it seems a newer version of Pony Creator is out now ("v3"). Figured it was worth noting since many of us use it. The format and options are different so there's reasons to use both.

http://generalzoi.deviantart.com/art/Pony-Creator-Full-Version-254295904
http://generalzoi.deviantart.com/art/Pony-Creator-v3-397808116
ZamuelNow
ZamuelNow
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Back to top Go down

Pony Creator Empty Re: Pony Creator

Post  Xel Unknown Tue Sep 17, 2013 12:19 am

I hate the new one's lack of Cutie Mark option the older version had... Sure I wasn't one to know how to upload cutie marks... But I liked having that option...

Last edited by Xel Unknown on Tue Sep 17, 2013 12:48 am; edited 1 time in total
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

http://us3.herozerogame.com/?resource_request=23219_2_1

Back to top Go down

Post  LoganAura Tue Sep 17, 2013 12:23 am

There's also the official hub one, that I don't have the link to.
LoganAura
LoganAura
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Jason Shadow Tue Sep 17, 2013 12:54 am

One thing that also bugs me about the new version is the comparatively limited mane and tail choices.
Jason Shadow
Jason Shadow
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Tue Sep 17, 2013 1:07 am

Limited in that there's less choices, maybe. But it mostly got rid of the Anime Reference choices, and slightly cut down on the options for unbearable OC production. Upshot, though, is the posing is better- the legs are better, and don't look as horribly mangled. You can also turn the head to face the camera (not the best, though), and move the eyes independently, so you can have derp characters now. It's also somewhat easier to make baby ponies, like so:
Pony Creator A7CSaIv
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous
Air Commander, Equestrian Armies Pegasus Corps, Eastern Skies Command

Back to top Go down

Post  Z2 Tue Sep 17, 2013 2:49 am

I miss the show style manes... And I'm pretty certain that 'unbearable OC production' is as easy as ever. What I'm disappointed about is the lack of long mane options. All the hair trends towards being shorter, and as nice as some of the styles are, they're mostly short hair versions. I do like the fact that the body types look much more appropriate now, and the neckwear is GREAT, but other than that it seems somewhat inferior... My biggest complaints are the lack of show manes, awkward and (for me about half the time) NONFUNCTIONAL color select, and unavailable cutie mark options. I feel like it's crying out for somebody to get the source code and make a fusion of the two. Still, more than anything about the application itself it disappoints me that the project is so thoroughly abandoned.
Z2
Z2
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  ZamuelNow Tue Sep 17, 2013 3:01 am

Z2 wrote:I feel like it's crying out for somebody to get the source code and make a fusion of the two. Still, more than anything about the application itself it disappoints me that the project is so thoroughly abandoned.
Or rebuild a copy from scratch since even with both combined there's still stuff "missing". Don't get why antlers were added while there were never any crowns. Still, I understand coding headaches so I can respect stopping progress.
ZamuelNow
ZamuelNow

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Tue Sep 17, 2013 11:53 am

I would hazard a guess that the show manes were removed (or weren't put in first and never got around to) because they are lower priority; it is meant to be used as an OC creator, not a Show Character Clone creator. Very bland reasoning, since the style doesn't make a clone, but still. I do wish a CM option was in there, but the process on the other one was so difficult, and many people couldn't be bothered to figure out how to do it and just added a cape, so it too was probably much lower priority.

Still don't know why the horns and antlers ever made it into the first one, let alone this version.
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous

Back to top Go down

Post  ZamuelNow Tue Sep 17, 2013 1:04 pm

Bronymous wrote:I would hazard a guess that the show manes were removed (or weren't put in first and never got around to) because they are lower priority;
That actually is the official reason. The creator made a Droid version but knew that in the conversion they'd have to remove copyrighted material since they were selling it. After getting burnt out from trying to make an iPod version that kept getting bugs, they just decided to convert and upload a free Flash version of the mobile edition and didn't get around to converting the show manes since the head turning options increase the workload/art asset needs. The lack of a CM option is disappointing but I'd argue it's one of the easier workarounds since that's just a simple layering job in GIMP or a similar program.
ZamuelNow
ZamuelNow

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down