Pony Tales: Aspirations of Harmony
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

LL - A World of Monsters (We are...wait for it...no longer recruiting!)

+7
Fury of the Tempest
Paper Shadow
Lapis-Lazily
Z2
Dusk Raven
Marona
AProcrastinatingWriter
11 posters

Page 2 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down

LL - A World of Monsters (We are...wait for it...no longer recruiting!) - Page 2 Empty Re: LL - A World of Monsters (We are...wait for it...no longer recruiting!)

Post  mjh6 Thu Sep 19, 2013 1:53 pm

Well, here's my attempt Alice Wooler
mjh6
mjh6
Newbie Designer
Newbie Designer

Back to top Go down

LL - A World of Monsters (We are...wait for it...no longer recruiting!) - Page 2 Empty Re: LL - A World of Monsters (We are...wait for it...no longer recruiting!)

Post  AProcrastinatingWriter Thu Sep 19, 2013 2:07 pm

Very nice attempt, mj! I don't see anything wrong with Alice, so good job!

[/probablymissedsomething]
[/usuallydoes]
AProcrastinatingWriter
AProcrastinatingWriter
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Back to top Go down

Post  Lapis-Lazily Thu Sep 19, 2013 2:09 pm

AProcrastinatingWriter wrote:Looks good! The only problem is now I have to come up with an answer as to your existence.
As a more serious problem, I cant' seem to figure out where the two extra points in your attributes come from. Each one starts at 5, and you get 8 to spread among them, so I can see Brawn or Knowledge either being 10, but the other one would only be able to go up to 8.
Not a problem, but a question: does the guild know about your, er, condition? In other words, did you tell them about it? If you did, did you ask them to keep it a secret, tell everyone they could, or did you not care?
Whoops, I had originally planned on giving him the racial trait that provides two extra attribute points, and made my skills accordingly, but never actually took the racial. I lowered his Knowledge by 2. As for people knowing what Thorix is, Thorix values the pursuit of knowledge, study, and investigation. To that end, he simply allows people to figure it out for themselves. Once they have figured it out, he will ask them to keep the knowledge secret. So the only people that would know are those that could figure it out on their own.
Lapis-Lazily
Lapis-Lazily
Overworked Designer
Overworked Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  AProcrastinatingWriter Thu Sep 19, 2013 2:12 pm

Alright then, thumbs up on all accounts.

Gonna have a cutoff date on applications of a little over a week from now. Will post exact time in first post.
AProcrastinatingWriter
AProcrastinatingWriter

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Thu Sep 19, 2013 2:45 pm

... I'm guessing flight is going to be physic power based?

Or could a blacksmith make a flying device?
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  AProcrastinatingWriter Thu Sep 19, 2013 3:08 pm

Z2 has already made a flying character that stole wings from a monster and made them into a harness

So be creative!
AProcrastinatingWriter
AProcrastinatingWriter

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Thu Sep 19, 2013 3:12 pm

Hmmmm... I'm remaking Storm Blade (the non-changeling version) for this RP, but I have no idea what flavour I should for him...
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  Marona Thu Sep 19, 2013 3:20 pm

Lapis-Lazily wrote:As for people knowing what Thorix is, Thorix values the pursuit of knowledge, study, and investigation. To that end, he simply allows people to figure it out for themselves. Once they have figured it out, he will ask them to keep the knowledge secret. So the only people that would know are those that could figure it out on their own.
How long would Thorix have been part of the guild? Because I figure if it's for long enough Regina would probably know before the game starts. Though, if you don't want her to already know that's fine too.
Marona
Marona
Very Important Pony
Very Important Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Lapis-Lazily Thu Sep 19, 2013 3:29 pm

Thorix has likely only been helping for a year or so. However, your character is a big fan of books and knowledge, which means Thorix has likely sought her help in research before and would also likely enjoy her company. Since your character is pretty smart, I'd guess she could have figured it out.
Lapis-Lazily
Lapis-Lazily
Overworked Designer
Overworked Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  AProcrastinatingWriter Thu Sep 19, 2013 3:31 pm

AProcrastinatingWriter wrote:Each member of the party has applied for the guild independently, each for their own reasons, and have never met each other before. The story shall start as the party is called in together and given their first assignment, the test that will prove whether or not they deserve to be full-fledged members.
To make absolutely clear any vagueness in the first post's notes on guilds, nobody in the party has ever officially been a member of the Thorned Hunters, and still won't be until they complete their first assignment. Everyone has just submitted their application. The first assignment is you guys's evaluation, as well as the first time any of you meet.

Fudging along the lines of Marona's character's "never been an official member, but hangs out there a lot" is allowed, as is having heard of each other. However, I'm not budging on not having met each other yet.
AProcrastinatingWriter
AProcrastinatingWriter

Back to top Go down

Post  Lapis-Lazily Thu Sep 19, 2013 3:34 pm

AProcrastinatingWriter wrote:
AProcrastinatingWriter wrote:Each member of the party has applied for the guild independently, each for their own reasons, and have never met each other before. The story shall start as the party is called in together and given their first assignment, the test that will prove whether or not they deserve to be full-fledged members.
To make absolutely clear any vagueness in the first post's notes on guilds, nobody in the party has ever officially been a member of the Thorned Hunters, and still won't be until they complete their first assignment. Everyone has just submitted their application. The first assignment is you guys's evaluation, as well as the first time any of you meet.
Alright then. Understood. I don't know how I didn't notice that before.
Lapis-Lazily
Lapis-Lazily
Overworked Designer
Overworked Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  AProcrastinatingWriter Thu Sep 19, 2013 3:37 pm

Eh, it happens.
AProcrastinatingWriter
AProcrastinatingWriter

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Thu Sep 19, 2013 3:44 pm

Can I post my character when complete and get some help flavouring him?
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  AProcrastinatingWriter Thu Sep 19, 2013 3:48 pm

Yes you can, strange person imitating Fury of the Tempest who cannot change the color of their text!
AProcrastinatingWriter
AProcrastinatingWriter

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Thu Sep 19, 2013 3:51 pm

Sorry, its the magical color draining propeties of my phone.
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  AProcrastinatingWriter Thu Sep 19, 2013 4:01 pm

That's what your imitator would want me to think
AProcrastinatingWriter
AProcrastinatingWriter

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Thu Sep 19, 2013 4:12 pm

Well, here he is. Arcantos
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  mjh6 Thu Sep 19, 2013 4:33 pm

That character looks interesting Fury of the Tempest. As far as flavor suggestions go, maybe the animal speak could be some form of telepathy, and the flight a type of telekinesis that only applies to the character?
mjh6
mjh6
Newbie Designer
Newbie Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  AProcrastinatingWriter Thu Sep 19, 2013 4:35 pm

Geez louise a lot of you guys are taking empathetic

Also a lot of you guys are taking psychic powers and so far only like two people tops have taken advantage of the smithing and potions possibilities

I guess I'm biased 'cause I'd totally go for smithing

Flaming sword with a reinforced shield of lightweight metal aw yeah

ANYWAY

@Fury: Your character looks like they'd be a psychic with basic emotion-reading and the ability to, well, speak with monsters. You have a bunch of them follow you around at all times as your own personal mini-army. Or what mjh6 said. That'll be a good starting place, but you'll have to take care of the rest.
AProcrastinatingWriter
AProcrastinatingWriter

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Thu Sep 19, 2013 4:38 pm

Yeah... that's what I thought... but honestly, I kinda want to add blacksmith flavour into it...

Have his psychic abilities be purely mental, while everything else is provided by his own blacksmithing skill... only, he doesn't come across as someone that would be a blacksmith, does he?
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  AProcrastinatingWriter Thu Sep 19, 2013 4:42 pm

I don't know, I could see like...a smithing studio, so to speak instead of the typical burly man, a small sort of odd-looking fellow.

And all around him are just these green-and-black vaguely-humanoid things just going around doing your standard smithing assistant stuff.

And occasionally there is maniacal laughter and then the three hours later the small man comes out with an evil grin on his face

And gives a sad little girl he knows a free metallic statue of her favorite mythical hero or something innocent like that
AProcrastinatingWriter
AProcrastinatingWriter

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Thu Sep 19, 2013 4:43 pm

... That gives me quite a few ideas.

Thanks!
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  AProcrastinatingWriter Thu Sep 19, 2013 4:45 pm

Welcome.

Since I'm judging based on the interestingness of characters here, it's entirely unfair to give Fury an advantage nobody else has, so if anyone else wants help characterizing their...characters...just hit me up, in-topic or in PM, and I can hook you up with some averagely creative ideas.
AProcrastinatingWriter
AProcrastinatingWriter

Back to top Go down

Post  Paper Shadow Thu Sep 19, 2013 4:57 pm

My problem is that I have two character concepts, but I don't know which to expand. One fits the traditional ranger sub-type (green cloak, crossbow, the works), and can build Sense (which is the only stat we don't have 10 in yet), but will basically just be adding more damage to the group's combat-ness, while the other is a writer and artist trying to make some sort of monsterpedia or record tales of the monster slaying, but he'd have Knowledge as a main stat, which we already have a lot of. However, he'd also be a dedicated support, which is kinda really needed in a combat-focused campaign...
Paper Shadow
Paper Shadow
Smile Like You Mean It
Smile Like You Mean It

Back to top Go down

Post  mjh6 Thu Sep 19, 2013 4:59 pm

Okay, so you got any ideas for a (semi) reformed thief?

In particular, I've been having some trouble flavoring Critfisher and Sunburst.Heck, even in normal play, I'm not entirely certain what Critfisher looks like in universe. Just standing around trying to psych yourself up?
mjh6
mjh6
Newbie Designer
Newbie Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 9, 10, 11  Next