Pony Tales: Aspirations of Harmony
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Players Wanted!

+25
Fury of the Tempest
kajisora
Paper Shadow
JadeCriminal
vexx1313
A1C Bronymous
Xel Unknown
Zarhon
Yawnmon
tygerburningbright
Azureink
LoganAura
ShadowDragon8685
Dr Blight
Lighting_3
AlicornPriest
Videocrazy
The Warrior of Many Faces
Demonu
elfowlgirl
Sable Shroud
XandZero2
Cardbo
Ramsus
Stairc -Dan Felder
29 posters

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Players Wanted! - Page 4 Empty Re: Players Wanted!

Post  Zarhon Sun Sep 09, 2012 1:56 am

Looking for a 4th player for the play-by-post campaign "Zilean's revenge".

- I employ very lax rules about rolling and combat in general is minimized to simple rolls.
- The setting of the game loosely based on the D&D system/universe (non-pony).
- Being able to post at least once a day is preferred.
- Characters that aren't human/kobold and have some healing capabilities are wanted/preferred.
- Reading up on the adventure is recommended: Do so via the write-ups in the main threat (incomplete ATM), browsing the "Friendship is dragons" comments (where the original game started, before transferring to this forum), as well as by checking the main thread, where the campaign is currently going on.
- Your character will not be inserted immediately: You may have to wait a week or two, as the campaign is going through a rather interesting fight, before I can role-play you into the setting properly.

If interested, PM me a character concept:
-General description, appearance, "carried items"
-Backstory
-Several abilities / skills / proficiencies, with a note of "low/medium/high ranking" in them to define your character. Nothing broken,overpowered, or overly difficult to use in a play-by-post system (or with the rules I employ for combat), please.
-A single magic item is allowed: Again, nothing overpowered, game breaking, or impossible to fit into the rules I employ.

Last edited by Zarhon on Fri Sep 14, 2012 7:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
Zarhon
Zarhon
Smile Smile Smile
Smile Smile Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Thu Sep 13, 2012 3:06 pm

I'll try to make up a character to join this. But if anyone makes up a character before me, they should totally get in instend of myself.

EDIT: I'm deeply sorry but just hearing some of the cliffnotes of what's been going on so far has scared me off from trying to join this epic tale...
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

http://us3.herozerogame.com/?resource_request=23219_2_1

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Wed Sep 19, 2012 3:06 am

Well, doesn't seem I'm getting any bites on my offer with the Star Wars ruleset thing.

I have something else I'd be willing to run but, it's not a Pony Tales game. It'd be a D&D game with similar loose and simple mechanics like Zarhon's game. But, it's going to involve a large post just to set up the setting so, I'd like to know if people were at least tentatively interested in the idea before I go through all that work.

I run pretty sandboxy (pardon the pun, which you'll only get if I end up doing a writeup for the setting) games because, heh, that's what I like to play when I have the choice and I'm not great at weaving epic tales. I do try to craft things so that they'll be interesting to the characters the players are playing.

The setting is actually an ongoing one for me but, the land the game would take place in would be unique to this game so, no worries about things like invincible GMPCs or cameos of other people's characters from other games showing up and stealing the thunder or weird annoying stuff like that. One note about the setting is that there is no objective good or evil, not even for the deities or stuff like undead, demons, and devils. Nor do I require my players to be good or evil or stick to a particular alignment idea. I find it much more interesting for characters to just behave in the ways that make sense for that character and not have to worry about if they're adhering to a vague good/evil scale.

I'd be looking for 4-5 players I think. Of course I'm not asking people to sign up before I even write up the setting, just want to know if a D&D game is something enough people would be interested in.
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Wed Sep 19, 2012 3:14 am

Ramsus wrote:Well, doesn't seem I'm getting any bites on my offer with the Star Wars ruleset thing.

I have something else I'd be willing to run but, it's not a Pony Tales game. It'd be a D&D game with similar loose and simple mechanics like Zarhon's game. But, it's going to involve a large post just to set up the setting so, I'd like to know if people were at least tentatively interested in the idea before I go through all that work.

I run pretty sandboxy (pardon the pun, which you'll only get if I end up doing a writeup for the setting) games because, heh, that's what I like to play when I have the choice and I'm not great at weaving epic tales. I do try to craft things so that they'll be interesting to the characters the players are playing.

The setting is actually an ongoing one for me but, the land the game would take place in would be unique to this game so, no worries about things like invincible GMPCs or cameos of other people's characters from other games showing up and stealing the thunder or weird annoying stuff like that. One note about the setting is that there is no objective good or evil, not even for the deities or stuff like undead, demons, and devils. Nor do I require my players to be good or evil or stick to a particular alignment idea. I find it much more interesting for characters to just behave in the ways that make sense for that character and not have to worry about if they're adhering to a vague good/evil scale.

I'd be looking for 4-5 players I think. Of course I'm not asking people to sign up before I even write up the setting, just want to know if a D&D game is something enough people would be interested in.

Well, I'm always up for another game. Pony Star Wars didn't really grab me though. I'll do this one, if you end up running it.

And I won't bring Horizon, I'll mix it up, of course.
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous
Air Commander, Equestrian Armies Pegasus Corps, Eastern Skies Command

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Wed Sep 19, 2012 3:49 am

I would have made you make a new character anyway.... but, thanks for pre-complying! =P

I'm not a big fan of running the same characters over and over. (It's ok if a game died before you felt the character really got a chance to shine but, I'm always weirded out by it when people run the same character in almost every game they play.)
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Wed Sep 19, 2012 3:54 am

Yeah, this new character would be an LE Ranger sociopath that uses a bastard sword and hand scythe, tosses gas bombs, and goes by the name of Vista. Totally different character.
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Wed Sep 19, 2012 4:27 am

That would be funnier if I hadn't met people who would say that seriously.
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Wed Sep 19, 2012 8:21 am

While the other D&D game sorta scared me off, I'd totally be willing to join a new D&D game from the begining. Just send me a link to how to be a character sheet for it and I'll try to build something for it.
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

http://us3.herozerogame.com/?resource_request=23219_2_1

Back to top Go down

Post  Yawnmon Thu Sep 20, 2012 1:44 am

I'm having a ton of fun in the P-files campaign, but I also wanna play a skype game now that I've got a hang of the system. If anyone is making (or looking for more players) for a weekly Pony Tales skype game please let me know.
Yawnmon
Yawnmon
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Sat Sep 29, 2012 10:02 pm

Well, I need a new 5th player for my D&D game if anyone is interested. Could use some kind of melee character.
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Players Wanted! - Page 4 Empty RPing

Post  vexx1313 Wed Oct 10, 2012 10:32 pm

I Might Join. Im Still Making My Pony. You Can See What Ive Got If You Go To General Discussion Its "i need help on my fan-pony's backstory" Just So You Know This Would Be My First RolePlay Ever.

Vexx1313
vexx1313
vexx1313
Cutie Mark Crusader
Cutie Mark Crusader

Back to top Go down

Post  tygerburningbright Thu Oct 11, 2012 12:08 pm

vexx1313 wrote:I Might Join. Im Still Making My Pony. You Can See What Ive Got If You Go To General Discussion Its "i need help on my fan-pony's backstory" Just So You Know This Would Be My First RolePlay Ever.

Vexx1313

Two things first this is the page for DMs looking for players you want the looking for a group page. Second Ramsus is recruiting for a D&D 4E game not a Pony Tales game.

One more thing attention all DMs and those that want to be one there is now a demand for a new game from Logan Aura(?) Colter Bolt, Knightmare, Vexx1313 and myself
tygerburningbright
tygerburningbright

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Sun Mar 31, 2013 12:32 am

So, my Sandbox game (LL rules in a D&D-like setting of samurai in the desert with dinosaurs) had two players drop out recently. We got one new player to join but, we could use another. If anyone is interested just post in the Sandbox OOC chat or PM your skype address or something.
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  XandZero2 Tue May 21, 2013 2:56 pm

Hello everypony,

Last week, we had one of our players officially leave in the campaign I've been running, The P-Files (which references the X-Files, in case you were wondering...), and we've currently got a party of four, but it'd be nice to have that magical 5th member again.

The campaign itself takes place in the city of New Orreigns (aka - New Orleans for ponies), and so far the party has been introduced to a number of colorful NPCs; including Mighty Mike - a golden minotaur CEO of the biggest organization in the city, his lieutenants, corrupt cops, terrorist voodoo zebras, Theorycraft - a vigilante-turned-fugitive, the eccentric Mayor D'Orreigns and his personal secretary, Black Beauty - just to name a few. The city's dealing with a number of crisis at once as the players scramble to make any sense of it all - and in the most recent turn of events, the party's entered into 2 ponies' dreams (in sort of a Inception-style situation) to drive off an unknown influence that is effecting it's victims in a very bad way...

-That typed, the campaign so far has been heavy on role-playing, mystery, and intrigue while being relatively combat-light (though when the party does fight, every fight so far has been pretty serious).

If this campaign sounds like your cup of tea (or cider!), then shoot me a PM and post in the OOC thread for The P-Files.

Also keep in mind though, the player that left, Yawnmon, played a tanky male Pegasus weather pony, and we'd - preferably - like somepony who'd be willing to play a character that could fill a similar role. If you'd be interested in playing a tanky-ish male character (male because it keeps more opportunities open for romantic involvements and such) - with flight and weather-crafting specializations - all the better. If that character-type doesn't interest you, but you still like to RP and don't mind a somewhat combat-light campaign, don't worry. We can definitely still work something out. As long as your concept is cool and you're willing to compromise a little to make the rest of the party happy, we shouldn't have an issue with whatever you want to play.

-So yeah, hope to hear from you soon!
XandZero2
XandZero2
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Wed May 22, 2013 9:52 pm

The Sun Sets has an opening, again, because of Grey Pen's retirement from the forum. Short version is almost any character can join, and details about character creation/restrictions can be found in the OOC thread, and questions or concerns can be brought up with me along with character submission.
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Zarhon Wed May 22, 2013 10:37 pm

Huh, forgot about this thread.

Anyways, I'm recruiting more players for a skype game group of pony tales paranoia, which is exactly that - the Paranoia RPG, modified to the pony tales handbook and setting. 1-2 slots are open, and pretty much anyone is welcome (though do take into consideration, that this is paranoia, which may not be everyone's cup of tea - similar to how not everyone approves of Call of Cthulhu RPG methodology). Check up the relevant thread here for more info.
Zarhon
Zarhon
Smile Smile Smile
Smile Smile Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  JadeCriminal Thu Jun 13, 2013 9:16 pm

Recruiting for a Pathfnider game. Ponies in spaaaaaaace.

Players get to play as one of the mane six.

I think I may have posted in the wrong place

Plot and setting is ready I just need you.

Campaign setup is here.
JadeCriminal
JadeCriminal
Cutie Mark Crusader
Cutie Mark Crusader

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Thu Aug 15, 2013 2:20 pm

So, I've been toying with the idea of a ponies supers game. It'd have a lot of screwing around with the system and probably wouldn't include combat at all (instead just resolving conflicts with skills/utilities/etc.). Before I put a bunch of work into it though, I'm wondering if people would actually be interested.
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  Paper Shadow Thu Aug 15, 2013 2:22 pm

Ramsus wrote:So, I've been toying with the idea of a ponies supers game. It'd have a lot of screwing around with the system and probably wouldn't include combat at all (instead just resolving conflicts with skills/utilities/etc.). Before I put a bunch of work into it though, I'm wondering if people would actually be interested.
You have my sword...
Paper Shadow
Paper Shadow
Smile Like You Mean It
Smile Like You Mean It

Back to top Go down

Post  kajisora Thu Aug 15, 2013 3:08 pm

Paper Shadow wrote:
Ramsus wrote:So, I've been toying with the idea of a ponies supers game. It'd have a lot of screwing around with the system and probably wouldn't include combat at all (instead just resolving conflicts with skills/utilities/etc.). Before I put a bunch of work into it though, I'm wondering if people would actually be interested.
You have my sword...
And my herring!
kajisora
kajisora
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Thu Aug 15, 2013 3:39 pm

Super-ponies?

That sounds like it could be fun.
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  ZamuelNow Fri Aug 16, 2013 5:58 pm

Sounds interesting though I think it would be unwise for me to join since I'm doing so much other stuff.
ZamuelNow
ZamuelNow

Back to top Go down

Post  ZamuelNow Wed Sep 18, 2013 3:17 pm

This probably needs to be stickied too.  Might be good to get a running tally of which campaigns are open for new players.

Anyways, would anyone be interested in a new pure combat campaign?  I was thinking of starting something similar to The Overseer's Challenge but with a slightly different theme/feel.  I think an ongoing combat thread is good for testing monster and build designs.  With me thinking of it having a bit of a gameshow design, it could also potentially be a spot for testing out skill challenges and other small scenarios in between combat sections.
ZamuelNow
ZamuelNow

Back to top Go down

Post  AProcrastinatingWriter Wed Sep 18, 2013 4:28 pm

I'm doing a combat-heavy (but not plotless) game about fighting monsters in a medieval world. There's no out-and-out magic in the world, but there are people born with psychic powers as well as a variety of potion-making and weaponsmith work that, all put together, do basically the same job as magic does. More importantly, strange and freaky monsters and (hopefully) over-the-top battles.

Here's the game, iffin' you're interested.
AProcrastinatingWriter
AProcrastinatingWriter

Back to top Go down

Post  ZamuelNow Wed Sep 18, 2013 7:21 pm

Admittedly, my idea is probably ill timed due to your and Dusk Raven's campaigns. Intriguingly, it might be interesting to see how they progress before attempting anything.
ZamuelNow
ZamuelNow

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next