Pony Tales: Aspirations of Harmony
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Hordes of the Blight - The Adventure

+4
Lapis-Lazily
AProcrastinatingWriter
Marona
Dusk Raven
8 posters

Page 6 of 20 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 13 ... 20  Next

Go down

The Hordes of the Blight - The Adventure - Page 6 Empty Re: The Hordes of the Blight - The Adventure

Post  Dusk Raven Wed Oct 09, 2013 8:51 pm

The goat head rolls on the chimera's back, and then straightens up, finding the strength to cast another shield around the beast's rear half.
Dusk Raven
Dusk Raven
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

The Hordes of the Blight - The Adventure - Page 6 Empty Re: The Hordes of the Blight - The Adventure

Post  Lapis-Lazily Sat Oct 12, 2013 12:51 am

"Beast must die!" Zakhar yells as he swings down upon the goat head.
Battle:
Lapis-Lazily
Lapis-Lazily
Overworked Designer
Overworked Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  Marona Sat Oct 12, 2013 1:02 am

Ghost Tracker drops down from the sky and ground pounds.... the chimera's back. Unfortunately this leaves he standing on unsteady "ground" as she gets up.

Combat:
Marona
Marona
Very Important Pony
Very Important Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Dusk Raven Sat Oct 12, 2013 2:09 am

The lion head roars in rage, but the goat head is silent - the latest flurry of attacks from Zakhar has finally crushed it, and now it lolls limply across the Chimera's back. The serpent tail meanwhile, is just barely hanging on, the shield having protected it from the worst of Ghost Tracker's attack. The serpent retaliates by sweeping itself across several of the combatants, while the lion twists and strikes at the Blightscorned on its back.

Spoiler:
Dusk Raven
Dusk Raven
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Marona Sat Oct 12, 2013 2:23 am

Ghost Tracker drops her feigned unbalanced stance and yanks the serpentine head back as it attempts to strike.

Spoiler:
Marona
Marona
Very Important Pony
Very Important Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Sat Oct 12, 2013 8:31 am

Paladin grimaced as his wounds where opened again from the serpant's sweeping attack. However, he did notice that the goat was down for the count, and the serpent was heavily injured as well. Deciding to take a more offensive approach, Paladin struck out with his Gift... however, instead of the Gift creating a phyisical element to strike the beast, instead Paladin struck at its life force directly, drawing it away from the two remaining heads and distributing it among the most injured of his allies, he himself taking his part and feeling his ki closing the wounds that had opened. Paladin didn't just strike at the two heads of the chimera however, he struck at the other blighted fighting around them, 4 blighthounds also had their life-force drained.

Turn:

Last edited by Fury of the Tempest on Sat Oct 12, 2013 12:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Back to top Go down

Post  Dusk Raven Sat Oct 12, 2013 12:15 pm

The serpent tail makes no sound as it drops, simply hanging limp as the last of its life force is drained away.

Spoiler:
Dusk Raven
Dusk Raven
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  AProcrastinatingWriter Sat Oct 12, 2013 3:05 pm

Aparix ducked up from under his recently-found hiding spot and slowly walked over to the chimera, which was now visibly limping. "Well, I feel like this has been a very productive day," the thief said, pressing his weapon to the beast's temple. "I hear tell that lion's fangs catch a mighty fine price on certain markets...and if not, I could always use a few spare bullets. No hard feelings, though? Live by the sword, die by the sword, and all that, right?"

His finger depressed the trigger slightly.
AProcrastinatingWriter
AProcrastinatingWriter

Back to top Go down

Post  Marona Sat Oct 12, 2013 3:48 pm

Ghost Tracker kept her perch atop the chimera, making sure it didn't get in any last minute attacks, and also sizing it up to see what parts of it would make for a good skin or adornment.
Marona
Marona
Very Important Pony
Very Important Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Lapis-Lazily Sat Oct 12, 2013 4:08 pm

Zakhar stops swinging wildly and puts his hammer on his back, breathing heavily. "This is bad. Monsters got bolder."
Lapis-Lazily
Lapis-Lazily
Overworked Designer
Overworked Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  Dusk Raven Sat Oct 12, 2013 4:33 pm

(Darn it, I had a post written up, but... eh, you guys handled it better)

Meanwhile, the waves of monsters assaulting the outpost have ceased, the caravan leader's Trihorn contributing to a slight degree. The remaining soldiers managed to form ranks and steadily drive back the monsters. Paladin's assistance meant that the caravan had just finished off their attackers, and they now join the fray against the monsters. At last the few remnants begin to flee, the Trihorn chases them down, inflicting a few wounds and a kill amongst the pitiful remnants of the enemy force. After this he returns to the caravan, the Trihorn calms down somewhat, even yawning. The caravan leader, sporting a few nicks, says, "Well, that was something, wasn't it?"
Dusk Raven
Dusk Raven
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  AProcrastinatingWriter Sat Oct 12, 2013 4:48 pm

Aparix's finger finished pressing the trigger. "If you call it that, I won't argue with you." He bent over and began extracting fangs with some difficulty. "Just...urgh...make sure next time we aren't driving into the lion's mouth, as a general sort of favor?"
AProcrastinatingWriter
AProcrastinatingWriter

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Sat Oct 12, 2013 5:00 pm

Paladin left the others to fiddle over the remains of the chimera. He quickly went to work in helping rounding up the wounded, tending any of those immediate danger with his gift and ki. Doing his best to help out both the caravan and the outpost.
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  Marona Sat Oct 12, 2013 5:06 pm

Ghost Tracker hummed and chirped quietly to herself as she went about her task. When she'd finished she then went onto cutting up the chimera into portions of meat. Afterall, one had to eat and the things it was made up of should be edible for the others as well. Though they might need to cook it before eating, she thought while taking a nibble.
Marona
Marona
Very Important Pony
Very Important Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Dusk Raven Sat Oct 12, 2013 5:13 pm

Marona wrote:Ghost Tracker hummed and chirped quietly to herself as she went about her task. When she'd finished she then went onto cutting up the chimera into portions of meat. Afterall, one had to eat and the things it was made up of should be edible for the others as well. Though they might need to cook it before eating, she thought while taking a nibble.
Spoiler:
Dusk Raven
Dusk Raven
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Lapis-Lazily Sat Oct 12, 2013 5:15 pm

Zakhar walks up to where Ghost is cutting the meat. "Is interesting. You are of blight, yet not like blighted beasts I know. I always wonder, what does blighted meat taste like? I can't imagine is good."
Lapis-Lazily
Lapis-Lazily
Overworked Designer
Overworked Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  Marona Sat Oct 12, 2013 5:59 pm

Ghost Tracker pauses to look up at Zakhar, brushing a bit of hair out of her face, and replies, "I grew up on it. Unblighted meat tastes...odd to me. It's still good but certainly different. I imagine that it would not taste good to you though. In the same way grass tastes good to a cow and doesn't to me. You would risk catching the blight if you decided to try it though. But, if you want, I'll have enough here to last me a while." She opens her mantibles in what Zakhar might or might not recognize as a grin.
Marona
Marona
Very Important Pony
Very Important Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Lapis-Lazily Sat Oct 12, 2013 6:18 pm

"You have odd sense of humor. I like it," Zakhar says with a chuckle. "I am good for now. I like not being blighted."
Lapis-Lazily
Lapis-Lazily
Overworked Designer
Overworked Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  Caden2112 Sat Oct 12, 2013 9:37 pm

Bellator was a little disappointed that the fight was already over...But they were right, it was odd that they were so bold...He liked it, though, more chances to fight...Though, with the fight over, he cleaned his axe and wiped the venom out of his eyes. "...I expected more, barely got warmed up...But no, blighted meat is not smart for most to eat, no, no...It makes you like the beasts, Most wouldn't want that, heh, heh...No, no, because then come the blades, and pain..." He blinked a bit, his vision sharpening already. "Much better! But still...As much as I liked the bloodletting, it was quite odd...Should ask why they were so bold when we get inside, yes. By the way, nightchild, you fight well...Very well. I would very much like you fight you sometime...Not to kill, no, Truly good fighters are a rarity, hmm, hmm..." He nodded to Zakhar with what seemed like respect...But the Lokira moved, checking over what Marona had left behind...Were the serpent's venom glands intact? Such things might be useful one way or another...

((No clue what I'd roll to determine such a thing anyhow. Perception? Heal? ...Mechanics?))
Caden2112
Caden2112
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  AProcrastinatingWriter Sat Oct 12, 2013 9:41 pm

Aparix looked up, finishing his duties of removing the teeth and looking up and around. Time to look through that right mess he'd mentioned earlier.

Spoiler:
AProcrastinatingWriter
AProcrastinatingWriter

Back to top Go down

Post  Dusk Raven Sat Oct 12, 2013 11:43 pm

Caden2112 wrote:((No clue what I'd roll to determine such a thing anyhow. Perception? Heal? ...Mechanics?))
[Heal, since it's of a biological nature]

AProcrastinatingWriter wrote:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:

The caravan leader, meanwhile, speaks to the commander of the troops about getting some lodgings from the night. Being grateful for the assistance, the surviving troops are happy to put up the group for the night.

[You don't mind if I just skip the details of two NPCs interacting, do you? Of course, all it takes is one person (and maybe a perception check) and I'll think of something...]
Dusk Raven
Dusk Raven
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Caden2112 Sun Oct 13, 2013 12:42 am

((Heal check 1d20+10 = 5+10=15. Probably can't tell if the venom glands are useful..))
Caden2112
Caden2112
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Dusk Raven Mon Oct 14, 2013 5:21 pm

Caden2112 wrote:((Heal check 1d20+10 = 5+10=15. Probably can't tell if the venom glands are useful..))
[Bellator isn't quite able to find the glands... or at least, isn't able to remove them without damaging them. Your choice.]
Dusk Raven
Dusk Raven
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Lapis-Lazily Tue Oct 15, 2013 12:28 pm

"I think is time we find rest. Has been long day."
Lapis-Lazily
Lapis-Lazily
Overworked Designer
Overworked Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  AProcrastinatingWriter Fri Oct 18, 2013 8:59 pm

Aparix tilts his head to the side, considering. "A place to rest my weary head does sound rather tempting..." he looks down at his hands. "'Course going to sleep before selling off stuff tends to ensure that stuff isn't there when you get up the next day..."

Spoiler:
AProcrastinatingWriter
AProcrastinatingWriter

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 20 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 13 ... 20  Next