The Hordes of the Blight - The Adventure

Page 20 of 20 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: The Hordes of the Blight - The Adventure

Post  mjh6 on Wed Aug 13, 2014 3:30 pm

"Alright then. If he's good, we have help in our battle against the ravages of the Blight, and if he's bad, we destroy him as part of the battle against the ravages of the Blight. Either way, it is clear that Mutus's path is forward!" Rai concluded dramatically.

"Right?" she asked the rest of the group.
avatar
mjh6
Newbie Designer
Newbie Designer

Gender : Female
Posts : 1769
Join date : 2013-08-12
Age : 25

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Hordes of the Blight - The Adventure

Post  AProcrastinatingWriter on Wed Aug 13, 2014 5:51 pm

"One thing," Aparix spoke up. "I realize this'll sound as hypocritical as insert-political-target-here, but can we see what exactly we're dealing with under the mask?" He rolled one shoulder, crinkling his nose as he did. "See if any blight shows up around his eyes or whatever."
avatar
AProcrastinatingWriter
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Gender : Male
Posts : 3259
Join date : 2012-08-13
Age : 26
Location : Nowhere Land

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Hordes of the Blight - The Adventure

Post  Dusk Raven on Wed Aug 13, 2014 7:28 pm

(Gods damn it, APW! Knew I should have had this guy show up later...)

Group 1:

Ghost Tracker and Quill take the lead, heading off to the north. After some trudging through the fields they come across a large clearing. In the center of the clearing, a circle of large... eggs? Coccoons? It's hard to describe them, but they're goey and they're there. In the center of the circle is a man in tattered robes, with the glow of the Blight in his eyes. "Ugh, more intruders? Nothing but bad news all day!"

Group 2:

Nemo doesn't really seem to acknowledge most of the conversation, foraging on ahead without waiting for the group... but he stops in his tracks when the word "mask" comes up. He slowly turns to face the group, and is silent for a long moment. You might get the sense he's wondering what to say. Or you might not. In any event, at last he sighs and raises his hand to his face, and quietly takes off the mask.

He's got long dark hair, an unkempt beard and mustache, and a distinctive green glow behind his eyes.

In the next moment, he draws his bow and fires... right at Paladin. Right past Paladin. Behind Paladin, a hiss of pain is heard, as the half-standing Fog Assassin clutches its arms to its eye before falling back down.

"We're wasting time," Nemo says, a hint of irritation creeping into his voice as he puts the mask back on.
avatar
Dusk Raven
Epic Pwny

Posts : 1738
Join date : 2013-01-23
Age : 26
Location : Midwest US

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Hordes of the Blight - The Adventure

Post  Crystalite on Wed Aug 13, 2014 10:37 pm

Mitsuna instinctively held back in the trees upon reaching the clearing. She knew Noxa wanted her here; but that didn't mean anyone else should know. She willed her robe out of existence as she shrank down to a full-fox form, blending in with the surrounding brush with the practiced perfection she was raised with...

Yay Abilities!:
First off, using Form of the Fox to gain Stealth Mode and a +5 Stealth Bonus. Then burning one of those Stealth Modes for invisibility and another +15.

Result: 1d20 [11] + Stealth [15] + Stealth Mode [15] = 41

Like a boss.
avatar
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

Posts : 2898
Join date : 2013-10-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Hordes of the Blight - The Adventure

Post  Fury of the Tempest on Sat Aug 16, 2014 12:48 pm

Paladin flinched when the arrow was shot at him, his sword moving into a guard position before he heard the flinch of pain behind him. The human glancing back in time to see the fog assassin collapse. Once Nemo remarked that their wasting time, he grimaced and turned forwards, saying. “He’s right, we need to get going. Despite his behaviour, I think we can trust him.”
avatar
Fury of the Tempest
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Gender : Male
Posts : 4116
Join date : 2012-09-22
Age : 23
Location : ENGLAND!!!!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Hordes of the Blight - The Adventure

Post  Dusk Raven on Sat Aug 16, 2014 9:58 pm

@Crystalite: You vanish utterly into the brush, right from plain sight. Your companions aren't as... subtle, however. They're still in full view, relatively speaking. But you have the element of stealth on your side. What do you do with it?
avatar
Dusk Raven
Epic Pwny

Posts : 1738
Join date : 2013-01-23
Age : 26
Location : Midwest US

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Hordes of the Blight - The Adventure

Post  mjh6 on Thu Aug 21, 2014 3:00 am

Upon seeing that green glow behind the eyes, Rai froze. Memories flooded her mind, and sparks crawled over her feathers, but Rai struggled to keep them under control. Mutus worked in unusual ways. Perhaps this person would be a true ally against his brethren. But still... eventually the Blight had to be extinguished.
avatar
mjh6
Newbie Designer
Newbie Designer

Gender : Female
Posts : 1769
Join date : 2013-08-12
Age : 25

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Hordes of the Blight - The Adventure

Post  AProcrastinatingWriter on Thu Aug 21, 2014 11:10 pm

Fury of the Tempest wrote:“He’s right, we need to get going. Despite his behaviour, I think we can trust him.”

"Well, I don't," Aparix said, itchy fingers dancing across his weapon. A tad obvious, really. "But yeah, let's go. Right into the biggabrak's fanged mouth, right? Only way to go, looks like."
avatar
AProcrastinatingWriter
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Gender : Male
Posts : 3259
Join date : 2012-08-13
Age : 26
Location : Nowhere Land

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Hordes of the Blight - The Adventure

Post  Dusk Raven on Fri Sep 05, 2014 7:28 pm

Group 2: You forage on ahead, Nemo taking the lead. After a short while he stops, draws his bow, and glances over his shoulder at the rest of the group. He then turns back forward, and proceeds in a crouch. It's at this point that you hear a rather loud voice...

Group 1: The man glares at the members of the group that he can actually see. "More interlopers!? Damn... O great Mother, grant me the power to-" He's interrupted by an arrow from behind, one that goes through his chest. He looks down at the arrow protruding from his chest, and laughs. It's a nervous, sad sort of laugh, really. After a moment he falls to his knees, and after another moment he collapses to the ground. He smiles right before he hits the ground.

After a moment, a warrior clad head to toe in black leather armor emerges from cover on the other side of the clearing, followed by various familiar faces (and one unfamiliar face). "Well, that's that," he says. "We'd best destroy these eggs before-"

There's the sound of thunder. A bright glow envelops the center of the the clearing, a column of light that glows brighter by the moment. In but a few seconds it becomes blinding. When it fades, a being is floating where the light was.

The creature is hard to describe. It has a large, round body, with a large, flat head, with big eyes that glow white, the light obscuring any features of its eyes. Where a humanoid might have legs, it instead has a set of tendrils that dangle down and wave slightly as if in a breeze. Its arms are large and reach past its hips. Behind its head is a mane of tendrils that also flow to the invisible wind. Its body is a very pale pink in hue.

It's a strange form, but one that countless children learn to recognize, and which Channelers learn to reverse. It's the form of the gods themselves. The being certainly composes itself with a divine air.

"I am Amora," the being says. If it has a mouth, it doesn't move, the resonant voice instead appearing in the minds of all present. "I will not allow you to harm any more of my children. Please, leave this place."
avatar
Dusk Raven
Epic Pwny

Posts : 1738
Join date : 2013-01-23
Age : 26
Location : Midwest US

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Hordes of the Blight - The Adventure

Post  mjh6 on Fri Sep 05, 2014 8:58 pm

Thunder.

Thunder was everywhere. It rolled and cracked through every pore, every feather of Rai's being. With every word the one who dared to call herself a Goddess, it grew louder and louder, until she felt she was the thunder. And she felt rage, not just her own, but Mutus's rage as well. The Destroyer was here, right in front of her, and she plead for peace?

"You!!" The single word burst out of her mouth. Now the thunder was out side of her, and lightning shot out of her hair and feathers. She flew forward on the wind, and circled the So-Called Queen. "You who destroy and corrupt everything the Elder's created. You are to call yourself by that name! You dare to make a plea on behalf of your children," Rai spat out the word. "When you create monsters and direct your children to destroy everything created by your family!" She landed on the ground, gales blowing her hair upwards wildly. As she slammed the ground she created a Tempest surrounding her and the... Creature. Rai wanted to confront it without interruption. "I am Rai, last survivor of the Mountain Flock, and Channeler of Mutus. I have pledged my life to eradicate everything you have done, fix everything you have destroyed." She straightened up and through a wing into the air. A lightning bolt struck Rai, and Mutus's pain rolled through her, but it was pain from a worthy cause, and a worthy God. She felt Mutus's command roaring through her, and lightning caused her to practically glow.

"AND YOU WILL NOT STOP ME!" She screamed over the winds.

ooc:
Okay. i wasn't expecting the effect to be quite so dramatic, but...
Weathercrafting check to create thunder, winds, and a storm centered around Rai and the Brood Queen
Natural 20! +17=37

As far as combat goes, Dusk Raven said I get a Surprise Attack, then roll initiative, so:

[+3] Supercharge - Standard Attack
Deal 1d8 damage to yourself and flip a coin. If you win the flip, deal 1d10 damage to target enemy.
Tails, so no damage to the Imposter Queen.
d8:5

[+1]Thunderstruck(Redirect Focus) - Minor Utility
You are dazed until the end of your next turn.

HP:25
PiPs:8
Initiative:6
Status: Dazed and Righteously Angry
avatar
mjh6
Newbie Designer
Newbie Designer

Gender : Female
Posts : 1769
Join date : 2013-08-12
Age : 25

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Hordes of the Blight - The Adventure

Post  Crystalite on Sun Sep 07, 2014 12:13 pm

From her hidden place in the bushes Mitsuna watched in shock at the display of raw power before her. This was a battle. This was warfare. And it was being fought by Gods.

Mitsuna did the only things she could think to do at such a time; she prayed. Prayed for guidance, prayed for safety, prayed the young Harpy wouldn't tear herself in two in the impressive display of direct channeling, prayed the two warring Gods would see some reason before the damage became irreversible...
avatar
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

Posts : 2898
Join date : 2013-10-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Hordes of the Blight - The Adventure

Post  Fury of the Tempest on Wed Sep 10, 2014 2:01 pm

“Oh no...” Paladin said when a figure formed in front of them... not just a figure, but a god. The goddess of the blight herself. Paladin knew that despite his strength, he was far, far from taking on the goddess himself. He was ready to try diplomacy when one of their group said first, the new channeller... “No, stop!” He shouted as she shrieked with thunder, moving forwards to physically restrained her, only to be knocked back when she summoned a fricking hurricane to cut her off from the others.

Cursing loudly, he dropped to his knees to stop the wind from blowing up away, having to shout loudly to have a chance of being overheard. “FALL BACK!” He shouted to the others, hoping they would hear and obey. “FALL BACK! WE CANNOT FIGHT HER!” Fighting a goddess was going to be suicide, the only option was to retreat whilst they had the chance... but Paladin wasn’t going to leave anyone behind.

With his sword drawn, Paladin focused on the runes. Normally he had to build up a bit of energy in a fight before being able to do this, but Paladin was attempting to use his gift in order to supercharge the runes and summon his fire giant now. Hoping that its heat would disrupt the air of the hurricane, opening up a path of still, if hot air for Paladin to pass through.

Rolls:
Persuasion: 10+11 = 21
Arcane: 5+17 = 22.
avatar
Fury of the Tempest
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Gender : Male
Posts : 4116
Join date : 2012-09-22
Age : 23
Location : ENGLAND!!!!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Hordes of the Blight - The Adventure

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 20 of 20 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum