Pony Tales: Aspirations of Harmony
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A World of Monsters

+4
Marona
Lapis-Lazily
A1C Bronymous
AProcrastinatingWriter
8 posters

Page 6 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

A World of Monsters - Page 6 Empty Re: A World of Monsters

Post  AProcrastinatingWriter Thu Oct 17, 2013 9:13 pm

The last of the group descends, swarmlike, upon the party as a whole, and there is much wailing and gnashing of teeth on both sides.

Spoiler:
AProcrastinatingWriter
AProcrastinatingWriter
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Back to top Go down

Post  Marona Thu Oct 17, 2013 10:43 pm

Regina's head hits the ceiling with a loud smack and then she drops to the ground on her hands and knees, blood dripping down her face. As a drop of blood hits the ground there's a sharp crackle and small arcs of electricity flow over her hand that is touching one of the train rails. She stumbles as she stands up. As she does there are larger louder arcs of electricity from the rail. Once she's fully upright, she seems to push the electricity forward palm first in a violent thrust. As she does so the arcs of electricity cover the nearby train tracks and flow forward and take form. The electricity forms into a train shape about four feet tall and twenty feet long and in a split second it has raced past the combatants to the far end of the tunnel. Where it then makes a u-turn through the air on onto the ceiling. From there is proceeds to charge around the tunnel, leaping off the walls to slam into several of the flying monsters. As it slams into the bird nearest Regina, the group can see that the front of the lightning train is shaped into a fist. As it turns past the party, they can see there are little marble humanoid figures atop of it engaged in some sort of martial arts brawl.

Combat:
Marona
Marona
Very Important Pony
Very Important Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Lapis-Lazily Fri Oct 18, 2013 12:00 am

Battle:
Lapis-Lazily
Lapis-Lazily
Overworked Designer
Overworked Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  AProcrastinatingWriter Fri Oct 18, 2013 12:13 am

This massive display of electrical prowess brings the attention of practically every creature in the room. "Holy..." one of the guards says.

"She a warlock!" exclaims another, looking uncertain whether to be in awe or terrified.

The Half-Faces are much less confused, a sizable chunk of the remainder tearing off to focus on the party. The guards, no longer overburdened, seem to do much better from what the party can see in the cracks between the teeth, which now seem to be somewhere about everywhere.

Some of the teeth scrape closer than others as two of the others practically dance between Rixa and Alice, teeth tearing more than slicing at the surrounding scenery.

Spoiler:
AProcrastinatingWriter
AProcrastinatingWriter

Back to top Go down

Post  Dusk Raven Fri Oct 18, 2013 12:26 am

[Hold on! I get a turn to make a save, right?]

Save:
Dusk Raven
Dusk Raven
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  mjh6 Fri Oct 18, 2013 1:21 am

Alice gritted her teeth, as she narrowly dodged to half-face closest to her. Just going for one at a time wasn't going to help. She opened up her mind to as many of the things as possible, and tried to fill all their heads with the most disorientating lights and sounds as possible. This particular maneuver wasn't one she could do one hundred percent of the time, but this time she had to try, even if there would be some nasty backlash.

ACTION:

mjh6
mjh6
Newbie Designer
Newbie Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  AProcrastinatingWriter Fri Oct 18, 2013 3:17 am

The half-faces -including, as the backwash spreads, the guards nearby - fly into walls, drop like stones, and flail about in turn, crying in pain as they slowly stop fighting and sleep the sleep of permanence. Finally, only one monster remains, flying in a sort of figure-eight pattern.

One can almost see it sweating as angry and beaten guards begin gathering around it.

Spoiler:
AProcrastinatingWriter
AProcrastinatingWriter

Back to top Go down

Post  Lapis-Lazily Fri Oct 18, 2013 3:47 am

Thorix walks up to the monster and bashes it into the ground nonchalantly with his shield as though he were simply swatting a fly. "Fascinating how something so weak can cause such a problem in great numbers."
Lapis-Lazily
Lapis-Lazily
Overworked Designer
Overworked Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  AProcrastinatingWriter Fri Oct 18, 2013 3:54 am

"Yeah, it is," one of the guards says, stepping over somewhat cautiously, a stray glance sent over at Regina. "I...thank you all. For your help, that is. Couldn't have done this without you."

Another guard musters his courage, or swallows his pride (one of the two) and steps forward as well. "It looks as though you were hurt pretty badly. Let me see if I can..."

A large shadow falls over the whole group.

It's even more impressive considering the tunnel is already nearly pitch black.

Those who look up see a half-face at the end of the tunnel, or more accurately see one's eye. It's larger around than the tunnel's entrance is. The eye moves up, revealing a gaping maw, which makes a noise. Calling it a roar would be an understatement.

Mama's angry.

Spoiler:
AProcrastinatingWriter
AProcrastinatingWriter

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Fri Oct 18, 2013 4:22 pm

"It appears we missed one." Leopold watched the larger monster appear, taking note of its physiology. "Still, bigger isn't a problem, just kill it like the rest. Same weakness to brute force, and that eye is certainly a nice target." With that, he taps his stick once, and then points the top end at the mama bird, aiming for it's eye. There's a click, and then a loud BLAM echoes through the tunnel, as fire erupts from the end of his Thunder Stick, launching it's projectile at the beast.

Spoiler:

A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous
Air Commander, Equestrian Armies Pegasus Corps, Eastern Skies Command

Back to top Go down

Post  AProcrastinatingWriter Fri Oct 18, 2013 4:34 pm

The creature roars, thrashing about for a few moments before disappearing from sight entirely.

It comes back a few moments later, sticking its mouth into the hole and roaring wildly.

Spoiler:
AProcrastinatingWriter
AProcrastinatingWriter

Back to top Go down

Post  Lapis-Lazily Sat Oct 19, 2013 1:34 am

Thorix raises his shield to the beast.

Battle:
Lapis-Lazily
Lapis-Lazily
Overworked Designer
Overworked Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  Marona Sat Oct 19, 2013 3:06 am

Regina gives Thorix a nod of thanks for coming to her defense and claps her hands over her ears at the loud noise from the thunder stick. Then she reaches back behind her to where one would presume her shadow would be if she weren't in a dark tunnel and seems to grab onto something. Something perhaps a shade darker than the absence of light. With a tearing sound she hurls whatever it is forwards, though this can only be made out by a vague sense of movement. As the whatever collides with the large half-face, out of nowhere appears two glowing red spots, eyes perhaps, and a large friendly smile. Well, as friendly as the smile of a shark could possibly be considered as it proceeds to chomp down into the giant bird before vanishing.

And that's been time... time enough for the lightning train to turn about (in fact, it's suspiciously likely based on its previously shown speed that it was taking things slow) and slam into the big half-face, smashing it into the top of the tunnel and grinding it along until it reaches the other end....where it then smashes it into the ground and drives it all the way back towards the party as it grinds it into the ground... still not satisfied, it drops its marble figures which proceed to pummel it ever higher into the air as the train does a large loop in the air and comes up from underneath the bird and, as the miniature marble fighters grab hold, it uppercuts the flying monster into the sky... and then gives chase. Far beyond where the human eye can even make out the bird, the train collides with it once more in a brilliant blue and white pulse of explosive energy. There is a second's delay before this sight is followed by a loud BWOOOOWWWWM sound and a blast of wind.

Combat:
Marona
Marona
Very Important Pony
Very Important Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  AProcrastinatingWriter Sat Oct 19, 2013 5:35 pm

The noise of the explosion fades into nothing, leaving a slightly deafened crowd below - or, it would if the crowd outside hadn't long scattered. Mostly the guards are covering their ears at this point.

"...what is that girl?" one guard asks.

"I've never seen a warlock capable of doing that..."

"Is she...is she a monster, too?"

While this talk murmurs throughout the cavern, one of the braver guards stumbles past the group, sending an awestruck glance back at Regina, and steps into the light, looking around in a quite unsure manner. It wasn't necessary, of course - nothing could survive a blow like that-

"Look! It's flying off!" the guard cries, pointing into the air. Indeed, anyone who is willing to rush outside the cave and look up can see, the Big Half-Face is indeed flying off, or perhaps gliding, considering its entire body is shaking with pain, covered in burned patches that interfere with aerodynamics, and generally broken-looking. That is one thoroughly-beaten Half-Face.

Spoiler:
AProcrastinatingWriter
AProcrastinatingWriter

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Mon Oct 21, 2013 10:07 pm

"Well that was less than satisfying. But it got the job done." Leopold sets about reloading his hand cannon, kicking over one of the dead half-faces as he inspects them. "Does anyone know if we get bonuses for extra monsters slain in the process of our task? Bounties on trophies from dead beasts, anything? If not, we should get back to the train, before they decide we are not as much an obstacle as the monsters."
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Lapis-Lazily Mon Oct 21, 2013 10:20 pm

"I somehow doubt a bonus is necessary. I agree that we should make our way back to the station. We still have a job to do."
Lapis-Lazily
Lapis-Lazily
Overworked Designer
Overworked Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  AProcrastinatingWriter Mon Oct 21, 2013 11:15 pm

"Alright, hold on!" one of the guards says, tossing down his helmet. "We've been fighting these things for maybe an hour now, and then you all come along, and you just...just..."

"Easy, Harcher," another one says. "I must commend you all for your bravery and skill in battle. I presume from the way you're talking you're with the local guild?"
AProcrastinatingWriter
AProcrastinatingWriter

Back to top Go down

Post  Lapis-Lazily Mon Oct 21, 2013 11:19 pm

"New members, actually. Just joined up. We were here to take the train to our first mission when we found out about the trouble and decided to help."
Lapis-Lazily
Lapis-Lazily
Overworked Designer
Overworked Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Mon Oct 21, 2013 11:28 pm

"Haa hmm, never mind. Maybe nothing from the guild, but there is always some profit to be found. Skin?... the eye, perhaps... teeth?" Leopold sets about cutting bits and pieces of the half face that may be of value through one or more of his contacts.

I won't take any longer than it takes them to talk to the guards. I'm not sure how big the eye is, but if it's small enough to be held in one hand, the he'll take that, a few cuts of skin along the white/black seam, some teeth, and maybe the wings if they aren't too obtrusive.
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous

Back to top Go down

Post  AProcrastinatingWriter Mon Oct 21, 2013 11:29 pm

"Well, we're thankful for it," the lawman responds with a smile. His compatriots seem a tad more...wary. "Rest assured that if I have anything to say about it, the Thorned Hunters will be receiving a very large donation in your names." His smile crooks a bit. "Though first, of course, I'll need your names...and before that, we'll need to get off these tracks, yes?"

He then looks over Thorix's shoulder at Leopold. "Do you need some help with that?"
AProcrastinatingWriter
AProcrastinatingWriter

Back to top Go down

Post  Marona Mon Oct 21, 2013 11:46 pm

"You're welcome! I'm Regina Reid. What? Oh right. Yeah." Regina says and then walks backwards away from the tracks. "Sorry. Still a little dazed. Um... did anyone think to bring any bandages or ointments?" she asks, rubbing her head.

Spoiler:
Marona
Marona
Very Important Pony
Very Important Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Mon Oct 21, 2013 11:59 pm

"If you'd care to, though I shouldn't need much more than I can carry. Thank you. My name is Leopold DeHavilland." Leopold pulls out a few clean rags to wrap the trophies in- then, looking at Regina, offers her a few. "My bags will survive some beast slime, I think."

That might be good for a heal assist. I'm a bit busy for a full check.
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Dusk Raven Tue Oct 22, 2013 12:21 am

"I'm Rixa," Rixa said, still a little woozy from being stunned during the fight. "Not that I did anything..." All things told, she probably looked like a bit of a fool, especially with her substandard weaponry.
Dusk Raven
Dusk Raven
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  mjh6 Tue Oct 22, 2013 12:48 am

" I'm Alice Wooler." Alice mumbled, looking downward partly out of fatigue and partly in an attempt to keep people from getting a good look at her face. She really wasn't interested in getting anyone's attention like this. Thankfully, it seemed that no one noticed it was her who took down the last of the little half-faces, so that was good.
mjh6
mjh6
Newbie Designer
Newbie Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  Lapis-Lazily Tue Oct 22, 2013 12:52 am

"I am sir Thorix Knightshadow."
Lapis-Lazily
Lapis-Lazily
Overworked Designer
Overworked Designer