Pony Tales: Aspirations of Harmony
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A World of Monsters

+4
Marona
Lapis-Lazily
A1C Bronymous
AProcrastinatingWriter
8 posters

Page 2 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

A World of Monsters - Page 2 Empty Re: A World of Monsters

Post  Marona Tue Oct 01, 2013 11:47 pm

Regina just stares blankly at Leapold, trying to figure out if he's being serious or is making a mockery and has a good poker face.
Marona
Marona
Very Important Pony
Very Important Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Lapis-Lazily Wed Oct 02, 2013 1:05 am

"While your opinion may be valid, I find your disdain unwarranted. I simply voiced my opinion, yet you berate me as a fool who boasts of greater power than he has. That isn't a way to talk to someone you will be working with, especially not your elder."
Lapis-Lazily
Lapis-Lazily
Overworked Designer
Overworked Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  mjh6 Wed Oct 02, 2013 2:55 am

Alice sighs, not saying anything at the moment, but wondering how if they can't pick a job without taking things personally, they expected to be able to fight as a team.
mjh6
mjh6
Newbie Designer
Newbie Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  AProcrastinatingWriter Wed Oct 02, 2013 3:05 am

"Well, looks like you guys are already well on your way to becoming members of this guild!" Patrick says, smiling wide as he begins to walk away. "I'll leave you all to it...might want to hurry up though, 'cause the others will be coming to get their missions soon and you don't want you guys's to get snatched up!"

A few more steps and he turns once more. "Oh yeah! If any of you guys want me to read your futures, check back with me after you get back from your mission, okay? I'll hook you up!" This promised, he begins walking away again, waving to the rotund man from the hallway as he exits the training hall. "Oh, hey Barricles!"

"Mornin' Patrick," the other man waves back, yawning once more.
AProcrastinatingWriter
AProcrastinatingWriter
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Back to top Go down

Post  Lapis-Lazily Wed Oct 02, 2013 8:12 pm

"Well, we can stand here arguing about what to do all day and still not get anywhere. Seeing as we must function as a team, the best solution is to put it to an immediate vote and go with the majority. Everybody state the job they would like to do. My vote is for job 2."
Lapis-Lazily
Lapis-Lazily
Overworked Designer
Overworked Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Wed Oct 02, 2013 8:18 pm

Lapis-Lazily wrote:"While your opinion may be valid, I find your disdain unwarranted. I simply voiced my opinion, yet you berate me as a fool who boasts of greater power than he has. That isn't a way to talk to someone you will be working with, especially not your elder."
"I suggested you may be less capable than you yourself think. This is your first mission as well, so you don't know do you? Maybe you're far more capable than you think, that's a possibility as well. But its best to consider the worst possible scenario when making a decision, so as to avoid it best you can. And how am I to know you're my Elder, hmm? Certainly not by the face you have yet to show us. It was my assumption that I am the oldest recruit today, and have not been corrected until now. Would you like to explore this topic further, or shall we choose a mission? These are all fine choices, all for beginners, which be we. So let's take all of them, and get them done in time." Leopold emphasizes by waving the notices in the air. "Bandits should be first though. That one seems most time sensitive, unless I've lost a detail."
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous
Air Commander, Equestrian Armies Pegasus Corps, Eastern Skies Command

Back to top Go down

Post  Marona Wed Oct 02, 2013 8:50 pm

"I vote for two too. Er, the second one." Regina said at the same time as Leopold started speaking. When he was finished she replied, "That's not really... I guess I should say that's not the... appropriate(?) thing to do. If they were all in the same area that'd be fine but, you shouldn't take jobs you're not doing right away. That just means someone else can't go handle it right away and whatever the problem is is stuck waiting on you. Which means help might show up too late. Er, by that I mean people might get hurt." After finishing she looked back down at her book and mumbled, "I've been hanging around for a bit and picked some things up."
Marona
Marona
Very Important Pony
Very Important Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  mjh6 Wed Oct 02, 2013 10:07 pm

"I vote for job number two, and I guess that means that that settled then. Three votes counts as a majority.
mjh6
mjh6
Newbie Designer
Newbie Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  Lapis-Lazily Thu Oct 03, 2013 6:27 pm

"Then it is settled, we shall put the other jobs back on the board and take our selection to Restagorn."
Lapis-Lazily
Lapis-Lazily
Overworked Designer
Overworked Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Thu Oct 03, 2013 8:10 pm

Leopold gives a discontented grunt at being outvoted. "Very well, children- and mystery elder man, sir- we will investigate the second job." He tacks the third job 's notice back on the board. "But if you will at least allow a concession, I do take personal interest in the first job, as it directly influences my own business. I would like to see it done personally, now that such an opportunity presents itself. After we deal with the great beast that terrorizes naught in the night, as per group decision, of course." He hands the Second job notice to the man in the iron everything, and holds on to the first himself. "So, shall we?"
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Dusk Raven Thu Oct 03, 2013 9:13 pm

Rixa was too caught up in her own thoughts to vote. "I don't object," she said simply. "Either job sounds good to me, and if we're going to do the second one first, that works for me."
Dusk Raven
Dusk Raven
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Marona Thu Oct 03, 2013 10:39 pm

While Leopold is busy, Regina looks around to see who is around the guild hall.
Marona
Marona
Very Important Pony
Very Important Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  AProcrastinatingWriter Thu Oct 03, 2013 11:04 pm

Right now, it seems that only Barricles is in the training room, waddling more than shuffling over to the board, but...hey! There's Levy, just behind- oh wait, she passed by the door. Maybe on her way to get something to eat.

Heyyyyy, Regina," the round guy says, waving. He's always been one to respect Regina's actual name. "Finally joined up, huh?
AProcrastinatingWriter
AProcrastinatingWriter

Back to top Go down

Post  Marona Fri Oct 04, 2013 12:19 am

Regina walks up to him and replies with a grin, "Yup. Hopefully Restagorn lets me stay joined up this time. So, whatcha eatin today? Got any rolls or dumplings?" she finishes a bit hungrily.
Marona
Marona
Very Important Pony
Very Important Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  AProcrastinatingWriter Fri Oct 04, 2013 1:22 am

"Hear Levy's cookin' up some sweet meats," Barricles smiles back. "Sure she'll add in dumplings if you ask her...oh, but hey, you guys gotta go on a mission, right?"

Spoiler:
AProcrastinatingWriter
AProcrastinatingWriter

Back to top Go down

Post  Lapis-Lazily Fri Oct 04, 2013 1:24 am

"That is true, Restagorn is waiting on us. I for one find it is best not to keep one's future boss waiting."
Lapis-Lazily
Lapis-Lazily
Overworked Designer
Overworked Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  Marona Fri Oct 04, 2013 1:40 am

Regina sighs, "Yeah. Well, maybe when I come back we can share a meal as proper guild mates finally. And... without my having to worry Restagorn is gonna catch me." she finishes, sticking out her tongue for comic effect.
Marona
Marona
Very Important Pony
Very Important Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  AProcrastinatingWriter Fri Oct 04, 2013 1:44 am

Spoiler:

"I'd like that," Barricles smiles, lopsided, like a corn cob suddenly sprouting from its husk.  "In that case, you'd better do those as quick as you can and get back here, huh?" He then heads towards the practice dummies, shouting back a quick "Good luck with the mission!"

"...two jobs?"

The thick smoke hung like a ghost over the general vicinity, trying its best alter the room's atmosphere. Restagorn looked at the missions selected. "Not exactly regular," he murmured. "Least you didn't break out into a fight choosing these two."

A puff of breath, filtered through smoke and haze, and Restagorn leaned back in his chair. "I'll let you do both," he finally says, eyes piercing, "But if I do then they'll both count as your first job. You either complete both of them or you're not in the guild. No coming back here to rest, either. Still want to do it the hard way?"
AProcrastinatingWriter
AProcrastinatingWriter

Back to top Go down

Post  Lapis-Lazily Fri Oct 04, 2013 1:48 am

"I had simply wanted to do one, but it appears that our friend here absolutely can't be convinced to ignore the other job. I'd prefer if he drop it, but there is something admirable in his conviction. I will do as the group decides, but I will blame him if this ends badly."
Lapis-Lazily
Lapis-Lazily
Overworked Designer
Overworked Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Fri Oct 04, 2013 2:09 am

Meanwhile, down the hall, Leopold is already en route. Despite his occasional visits to the guild, he never really had cause to meet or speak with many of the members, and no one he had spoken to previously seemed to be around. As such, he just walks in silence, taking a better look around at the   parts of the guild he hadn't seen before.

I'll let you guys have your "I've been here before" thing. But I will toss out a perception check to see if there's anything to see.
18+10=28, +3 to notice physical details (Sharp Eyes) would make it 31.

"Listen you, your attitude needs some work. You still haven't shown your face, and have yet to act on sense, rather than personal pride. You do realize that in this guild, members are expected to do another job after their first? That's what this is. The NEXT job. I'm just placeholding it, because I want to see it done personally, as opposed to another team." He speaks half to Thorix, and half to Restagorn, in response to his sudden ultimatum. "I agreed to do what you wanted to do, you overgrown child. 'Elder', certainly." Leopold makes sure to emphasize this by rapping the armored chest of the armored man with his stick, peering at his armored face through his armored eyeholes. "Why do I get the feeling your primary role on this team is to ignore professional and experienced insight, from me specifically, and the team in general. And then when you fail because of it, you will blame us, for one reason or another. Your input is tiresome. We want to do the one job, finish it, and then start our next job afterward. Or is it absolutely necessary that we have a ridiculous stigma placed on it as well?"

I'll go ahead and do persuasion for that: 16+10=26 to convince Restagorn to let us do it the easy way.

Last edited by Bronymous on Fri Oct 04, 2013 2:46 am; edited 1 time in total
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous

Back to top Go down

Post  AProcrastinatingWriter Fri Oct 04, 2013 2:24 am

Spoiler:

The halls on the way to the guildmaster's office are threadbare at best - there's a room every dozen or so feet, each one with a wooden logging frame. There's not much to see, despite the peeled eyes you have - the most interesting thing here is the very occasional statue of Floragorn, decorated with flowers...and one statue of a blue woman of some sort, directly to the side of one of the rooms.

"Looks like I spoke too soon," Restagorn mumbled, rubbing the side of his head. "We don't hold jobs for people here. Take them both, or take one of them."
AProcrastinatingWriter
AProcrastinatingWriter

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Fri Oct 04, 2013 2:50 am

"And the 'do them both, one job, without resting' caveat? Are you being deliberately absurd, or is that meant to imply some additional challenge that can then be cashed in, as part of successfully accomplishing it? Either way, its ridiculous. We'll take just the one then, since my appraisal is meant to fall on nothing but deaf ears."
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Lapis-Lazily Fri Oct 04, 2013 2:53 am

"These jobs are time sensitive. It's no game, these are real people that need our help. Taking more than one job at once is irresponsible if we don't mean to complete both of them in quick succession for it prevents anyone else from doing the job we don't do first until we do, during which time the situation can get much worse."
Lapis-Lazily
Lapis-Lazily
Overworked Designer
Overworked Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  AProcrastinatingWriter Fri Oct 04, 2013 2:57 am

"And the point about not offering rest here was that you are not an official member of the guild until you've completed your first mission. You want to take both missions at once, I'll only let you if you treat them as if they were one mission, in all respects. You can rest anywhere else you please, but until you're official you don't lodge here for the night."
AProcrastinatingWriter
AProcrastinatingWriter

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Fri Oct 04, 2013 3:10 am

"These jobs are time sensitive. It's no game, these are real people that need our help. Taking more than one job at once is irresponsible if we don't mean to complete both of them in quick succession for it prevents anyone else from doing the job we don't do first until we do, during which time the situation can get much worse."
"If time is such an issue, then why did we not choose the clearly more time sensitive mission? Chronic theft, no matter how petty, can wreak havoc on a region- they detriments are hard to see at first, but the results can be tumultuous and overwhelming if it is allowed to happen, even for one more day. Meanwhile, a few skittish villagers see a monster nearby- it very clearly is not aggressive though, and until it is provoked most likely is of no threat- and the villagers won't be provoking it, getting themselves killed, so they call for us, we go in, and poke the hornet's nest ourselves. then we either kill it, or the villagers can blame the guild for the destruction it wreaks.
"And the point about not offering rest here was that you are not an official member of the guild until you've completed your first mission. You want to take both missions at once, I'll only let you if you treat them as if they were one mission, in all respects. You can rest anywhere else you please, but until you're official you don't lodge here for the night."
"Oh. Well that's a different matter. I wasn't planning on staying here anyway, I have my own bed, in my own home. Certain others might be welcome to stay there as well, provided they can be cooperative when the need arises."

Fair warning, in his head the assured socio-economic devastation from the thefts, which are happening, can be and indeed is worse than the potential risk of loss of life from an uncertain threat, which may or may not happen. You guys can argue, but you won't convince him otherwise (yet), and it would only be RP padding.
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next