Pony Tales: Aspirations of Harmony
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A World of Monsters

+4
Marona
Lapis-Lazily
A1C Bronymous
AProcrastinatingWriter
8 posters

Page 3 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

A World of Monsters - Page 3 Empty Re: A World of Monsters

Post  Lapis-Lazily Fri Oct 04, 2013 3:42 am

Bronymous wrote:"If time is such an issue, then why did we not choose the clearly more time sensitive mission? Chronic theft, no matter how petty, can wreak havoc on a region- they detriments are hard to see at first, but the results can be tumultuous and overwhelming if it is allowed to happen, even for one more day. Meanwhile, a few skittish villagers see a monster nearby- it very clearly is not aggressive though, and until it is provoked most likely is of no threat- and the villagers won't be provoking it, getting themselves killed, so they call for us, we go in, and poke the hornet's nest ourselves. then we either kill it, or the villagers can blame the guild for the destruction it wreaks.
"I am done arguing with you. Allow us to leave this at 'we disagree.' This still leaves us at am impasse. Thus, I suggest we return to previous methods. All in favor of doing both missions, speak out. If you wish to only do the previously voted on mission, say so. I cast my vote for doing the previously selected mission, and no more until we are official guild members."
Lapis-Lazily
Lapis-Lazily
Overworked Designer
Overworked Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  Marona Fri Oct 04, 2013 3:57 am

"I'm with Thorix again." Regina says quietly, hoping not to be drawn into an argument and thankful she won't have to choose between having nowhere to sleep tonight or having to rely on Leopold's hospitality.
Marona
Marona
Very Important Pony
Very Important Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  mjh6 Fri Oct 04, 2013 10:43 am

"Please, let's get going and do the job we choose already.
mjh6
mjh6
Newbie Designer
Newbie Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Fri Oct 04, 2013 1:47 pm

"I already agreed to do the one you all voted on, and was not the one to reinitiate the argument. We are all in agreement, unless you think that by my responding you I must still be fighting the decision, since you clearly don't have the sense to understand what the words I speak actually mean. Can we go now?"
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous
Air Commander, Equestrian Armies Pegasus Corps, Eastern Skies Command

Back to top Go down

Post  Marona Fri Oct 04, 2013 3:09 pm

Regina briefly considers kicking Leopold in the shins but instead opts to give Restagorn a pleading look, hoping he will explain to Leopold that he can't force them to go along with his whims.
Marona
Marona
Very Important Pony
Very Important Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  AProcrastinatingWriter Fri Oct 04, 2013 3:29 pm

Restagorn looks at Regina for a few moments.

He sighs.

"I wish you all the best of luck," he says, still looking at Regina.as he sits back once more. "Hope you all make it home alright, and in a better mood than now." The eyes now look at each other member of the party, in turn. "Remember that you are a team. Nobody here holds all the answers. Nobody here holds none of them, either."

A paper is lifted to his face. "First train leaves for Nut in about an hour. Second leaves in about six. Dismissed."
AProcrastinatingWriter
AProcrastinatingWriter
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Back to top Go down

Post  Dusk Raven Sat Oct 05, 2013 5:28 pm

Rixa just facepalms at the strife shown in the group, especially in front of the guild leader. She sighs and is the first one out the office door.
Dusk Raven
Dusk Raven
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Lapis-Lazily Sat Oct 05, 2013 5:29 pm

Thorix sets the mission down on the guild leader's desk and follows Rixa out the door.
Lapis-Lazily
Lapis-Lazily
Overworked Designer
Overworked Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  Marona Sat Oct 05, 2013 7:07 pm

Regina follows after Thorix and begins to examine him, wondering how it's possible he's older than Leopold or in fact get any hint about what's under the armor.
Marona
Marona
Very Important Pony
Very Important Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  mjh6 Sat Oct 05, 2013 7:26 pm

Alice nods to the guild leader, then exist,deciding to find a place where she could check on Sunburst without being observed.
mjh6
mjh6
Newbie Designer
Newbie Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  AProcrastinatingWriter Sat Oct 05, 2013 7:30 pm

mjh6 wrote:Alice nods to the guild leader, then exist,deciding to find a place where she could check on Sunburst without being observed.
Spoiler:
AProcrastinatingWriter
AProcrastinatingWriter

Back to top Go down

Post  Lapis-Lazily Sat Oct 05, 2013 7:41 pm

"I believe we should head to the station posthaste. People are relying on us to do a job, and we will do it," Thorix utters as he walks at an increased pace. His armor makes a loud clanking noise at the increased speed, as one would expect of heavy metal plate, but there's something slightly off about it... almost hollow.
Lapis-Lazily
Lapis-Lazily
Overworked Designer
Overworked Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  AProcrastinatingWriter Sat Oct 05, 2013 8:21 pm

Alice, using her powers of observation, manages to find a quiet, secluded space with no one around that just so happens to be the kitchen a certain blue-haired member of the guild is using to cook sweet meats. "Oh, hey," Levy says, drizzling some honey over a few pastries being grilled, of all things. "You want some when I'm finished? Yeah, I know, you're not 'guild official' yet, but hey, I won't tell the bossman if you won't."
AProcrastinatingWriter
AProcrastinatingWriter

Back to top Go down

Post  mjh6 Sat Oct 05, 2013 9:41 pm

Oh, I- Alice's hand's instinctively covered her pack. "I just got a bit turned around here, is all" Alice said nonchalantly.
Through the bag she could feel Sunburst moving in her jar. It would probably be okay to wait until later to check with her, although there were some things Alice was dying to talk to someone about. She probably should get back with the others.
mjh6
mjh6
Newbie Designer
Newbie Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  AProcrastinatingWriter Sat Oct 05, 2013 9:53 pm

"Oh come on," Levy says, grabbing Alice round the waist and pulling her back. "You'll love 'em, trust me! Come on - they've got honey and everything!"
AProcrastinatingWriter
AProcrastinatingWriter

Back to top Go down

Post  mjh6 Sat Oct 05, 2013 10:15 pm

"Oh, okay then."Alice reluctantly sat down. she wan't quite sure what to say to someone so friendly." I do have a train to catch in an hour. Wouldn't want the rest of them to leave without me "
mjh6
mjh6
Newbie Designer
Newbie Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  AProcrastinatingWriter Sat Oct 05, 2013 10:23 pm

"Please," Levy responded, brusquely flipping two of the small pastries onto a plate and setting it down in front of Alice with a clang. "If it takes you an hour to eat two of these cakes, you got problems besides being left behind on a mission..."

Back to the grill and the girl with the barely-covered chest dropped a couple more cakes on a couple more plates. "Being honest, I was hoping more of you guys would show up to see if you could sneak a bite before running off...still, I guess you'll have to do." She sticks a finger into her mouth, sucking off a bit of excess honey. "I make it policy to answer questions new recruits might have about the guild or monster hunting or whatever for the first week or two, since Resty does a pretty bad job of it. Plus, you rookies could use all the help you can get...no offense."

Meanwhile, a charging Thorix (well, not quite charging, but certainly moving faster than usual) encounters a short man at the side of the hallway. "'ello, stranger," the man says, waving. "Where're you off to in such a hurry?"
AProcrastinatingWriter
AProcrastinatingWriter

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Sat Oct 05, 2013 10:51 pm

"I make it policy to answer questions new recruits might have about the guild or monster hunting or whatever for the first week or two, since Resty does a pretty bad job of it. Plus, you rookies could use all the help you can get...no offense."
"Well don't tell the big man in armor that." Leopold says from the doorway, having followed Alice, curious where she was off to. "He seems to have a sore spot when it comes to his capabilites. Do you mind?" He walks over and grabs a cake. "Young Lady, if I may impart some advice: in all things- be it business, socializing, intimacy- don't ever immediately turn down something freely offered. Consider it, of course, but unless it's sure to be a trick, trap, or poisoned food, if it costs nothing, then the price is always right. What kind of advice is it that you can offer, miss...?"

Don't mind me , jumping in cause I missed stuff.
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Lapis-Lazily Sat Oct 05, 2013 11:18 pm

Thorix halts suddenly and turns to see the man. "Ah, well I'm off to complete a mission. I'm not quite in the best of moods though," Thorix looks back the way he came briefly and, not seeing Leopold, continues. "My companions seem alright enough, but one of them is almost insufferable. He called my skill into question and proceeded to argue with me in rude fashion. Then he wouldn't listen to anyone about what mission we were to accept. I suppose I'm simply trying to outpace him so I can calm down."
Lapis-Lazily
Lapis-Lazily
Overworked Designer
Overworked Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  AProcrastinatingWriter Sat Oct 05, 2013 11:33 pm

"Well," the blue-headed girl responds, sitting down with a cake of her own. "Try asking me a question and you'll find out." A bite of pastry and she seems to soften from this oddly aggressive response. "Guild members, how to go about doing missions, when to check the board to get the best jobs...whatever you can think of that you want to know about. I guess the only two pieces of advice I can think of without a question to trigger it is...first, if you ever want seconds of something someone here makes, finish your firsts before Barricles shows up. Secondly, and more importantly, there is no such thing as an easy mission. Some of them won't require much in the way of effort, true, but every time you go out there you'll be risking your life in some form or another." The impact of the solemn look on her face is somewhat lessened by the dab of frosting on her chin. "Doesn't matter if it's tiny and weak - if a monster can hurt you, it can kill you. Far as I'm concerned, any mission where you might not come back can't be considered 'easy'."

"Ah,"
the old man responds. Now that Thorix gets a closer look, he seems a strange old man indeed, quite short, brown-bearded, bald headed, and wearing little more than an apron and a pair of thin shorts. Soot stains his skin like a patchwork. "So you're new to the guild, eh? Well, trust me, this'nt gonna be your last argument." He chuckles, a wheezing noise. "So long as everyone remembers to watch each other's backs, though, things tend to turn out okay for the most part. Monster hunters tends to lose they lives if they don't stick 'gether, so sticking 'gether comes naturally. Mightn't like everybody, but it's nice to know you can trust them all. I 'spect that goes for the person you were just arguing with, too." He smiles up at Thorix. "You can call me 'Sparks', by the way."
AProcrastinatingWriter
AProcrastinatingWriter

Back to top Go down

Post  Lapis-Lazily Sat Oct 05, 2013 11:57 pm

"I am Thorix."
Lapis-Lazily
Lapis-Lazily
Overworked Designer
Overworked Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  mjh6 Sun Oct 06, 2013 12:02 am

Alice nodded. This job may not be the kind of work she was used to, but it was still a job, and she needed to be able to work with everyone. Even, glancing sidelong at Leopold, people who apparently thought she was bringing down all of Bending Tree when she lifted her bag the other day.
" So, I've heard that sometimes monster hunters are called on to do jobs that don't involve monsters. What kind of jobs would there be?"
mjh6
mjh6
Newbie Designer
Newbie Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  AProcrastinatingWriter Sun Oct 06, 2013 12:23 am

Lapis-Lazily wrote:"I am Thorix."
"Nice to meetcha, Thorix," 'Sparks' replies, holding out his hand for a quick shake. "Put 'er there!"

Spoiler:

mjh6 wrote:Alice nodded. This job may not be the kind of work she was used to, but it was still a job, and she needed to be able to work with everyone. Even, glancing sidelong at Leopold, people who apparently thought she was bringing down all of Bending Tree when she lifted her bag the other day.
" So, I've heard that sometimes monster hunters are called on to do jobs that don't involve monsters. What kind of jobs would there be?"
Levy looks surprised at this question. "Now where'd you hear that?" she asks, bemused. "Not that it isn't true, mind you, but it isn't exactly a well-known thing." She thinks for a second on how to frame her response. "Well, usually those jobs tend to deal with humans doing bad things instead of monsters doing bad things. Sometimes the regular guards just aren't able to deal with a criminal - he's too powerful, or she's too hard to catch, or whatever. When that happens, private citizens usually hire us to bring whoever's doing the bad thing to justice. On the other end of the 'humans doing bad things' scale, sometimes people try and hire us out for assassinations and stuff, but we don't take those jobs. We pretend to, long enough for the guards to show up and take the idiot to jail, but we don't actually do it. A smile. "Anything else, or have I been talking long enough?"
AProcrastinatingWriter
AProcrastinatingWriter

Back to top Go down

Post  mjh6 Sun Oct 06, 2013 12:32 am

"Oh, it's no big deal. Just, one of our possible jobs said that we might end up facing bandits instead of monsters. I was wondering about that, is all."
mjh6
mjh6
Newbie Designer
Newbie Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Sun Oct 06, 2013 12:36 am

"So perhaps not the most profit minded organization, but not to be faulted for holding to a code of ethics. What does 'justice' for the so called 'bad humans' entail? I don't imagine we would be meant to kill on sight, but Bounty Hunter and Monster Hunter really are two different things entirely. If we were to come across a job like that, what is the proper course of action?" Leopold thinks back to the quest that was not to be, hoping that wasted resources is not fought with more wasted resources.
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next