Pony Tales: Aspirations of Harmony
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HORSETRON: Defender of Equestria

+3
tygerburningbright
Fury of the Tempest
ZamuelNow
7 posters

Page 22 of 40 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 31 ... 40  Next

Go down

HORSETRON: Defender of Equestria - Page 22 Empty Re: HORSETRON: Defender of Equestria

Post  Colter Bolt Tue Apr 29, 2014 10:50 pm

Ancient picks himself up, stretching. "Well, there's the butterflies. Is the storm still around?" With a look of worry and fear, he starts turning frantically. "And the chest. Where is it?"
Colter Bolt
Colter Bolt
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

HORSETRON: Defender of Equestria - Page 22 Empty Re: HORSETRON: Defender of Equestria

Post  ZamuelNow Wed Apr 30, 2014 12:23 am

The storm had pulled much more closely inward and the sky was sparsely cloudy despite being in the eye of a hurricane.  "Hadn't checked the chest yet.  We wanted to make sure you were okay.  Ready whenever you are."

OOC:

Shimmer Wishes responded without hesitation.  "Yes, I would like to see.  No.  I need to see.  As far as the painting, it leaves you roughly a mile from the castle with a rather nice view."

"Is there any chance we could inspect the machine before we bid?" "a bUnch oF pEgasi fLying aRound oUtside jUst mIght rUin oUr sTealth." Tipsy Tulip laughed hysterically.  "i'M sUre tHat sOmepony hEre sHould hAve a mYstic eYe oF sOme fOrm." The unicorn gentlecolt spoke up once more. "I believe I can be of assistance." On the wall appeared an image of the outside.  It took a moment to adjust until it showed a vessel that looked like a square, metallic beetle.  On the top was some sort of holder for a long hose. Several police ponies seemed to be chasing it but not gaining.  "wE aRe eQuipped wIth a hIgh pRessure cIder hOse tO rEpel uNwelcome gUests.  tHe rEal fUn cOmes fRom wHen yOu lIght iT oN fIre.  aNypony uP fOr a dEmonstration?
ZamuelNow
ZamuelNow
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Wed Apr 30, 2014 12:04 pm

"Yes, a big machine moving a house, how very stealthy." Sky Wolf snarked quietly as he studied the picture, it wasn't a full-on inspection as he could only see what was being shown on screen, but hopefully he would be able to pick up on the little details... like its weak points if they had to disable or destroy it. When Tipsy mentioned if they were up for a demonstration, Sky Wolf said quietly. "I hope there's a way to stop a demonstration, I don't want to see anyone getting hurt, especially when its pointless."

Perception:
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  mjh6 Wed Apr 30, 2014 12:33 pm

It took all of Diamond Dust's willpower not to outwardly react to Tipsy's suggestions of setting a bunch of guards on fire. When Sky Wolf asked his question, Dust thought for a second, then suggested, "Maybe we can say that if they outright attack the guard, we'll soon have a whole lot more elite guards coming down on us, and if they bring it down, we'll all be arrested?"   The ponies here didn't know how stretched guard was at this point.
mjh6
mjh6
Newbie Designer
Newbie Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  ZamuelNow Wed Apr 30, 2014 8:23 pm

"YEEEESSSS, a demonstration would be beautiful!" The blade winged pegasus sounded utterly ecstatic. "It would be delightful but don't you think it might tip your hoof and reveal your weaponry to the guard?  I doubt they have better but you wouldn't want to give them a heads up so they can prepare countermeasures."  Tipsy pondered a bit. "aLas, yOu hAve a pOint.  fUrthermore, cIder pOwers tHe vEssel lIke cOal pOwers a tRain sO tHe wEapons sLow uS dOwn iF oVerused.  hOwever, tHere's sTill fUn tO bE hAd!" Tipsy Tulip tapped her hoof five times and the mechanical monstrosity quickly picked up speed, eventually outpacing the guards.  "bIdding sTarts sOooooooOon!"

Sky Wolf's OOC:
ZamuelNow
ZamuelNow

Back to top Go down

Post  Colter Bolt Wed Apr 30, 2014 8:46 pm

Sighing in relief, Ancient starts walking back to the chest. "After fighting those things 3 times, I really didn't want to hear that the chest had gone back into the cave." Reaching the chest, he starts fiddling with the lock, speaking to the chest. "Hello beautiful thing, you. What secrets do you hold?" Failing to pick the lock, he frowns. To those around him, he asks "Could any of you help me with this? Perhaps some tools? Or if any of you are experts at picking locks? If possible, I want to avoid breaking it; doing as little damage to the chest as possible so it can be preserved. If you don't think there's anything you can do to help, then I guess I'll break it." Ancient looks pained as he finishes his sentence.
ooc:
Colter Bolt
Colter Bolt
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  ZamuelNow Fri May 02, 2014 1:47 am

The pegasi looked around blankly and shrugged at each other.  "Doubt anypony here is good with locks.  But I had hoped to break it open anyway when I first found it." Dizzy Downburst flew over and made a few futile stomps on the lid.
ZamuelNow
ZamuelNow

Back to top Go down

Post  mjh6 Fri May 02, 2014 2:02 am

Diamond Dust was relieved that at least the cannons weren't going to be used now, but somepony was going to end up with something just like this. He needed to pay close attention to who they were, so the guard would be able to do something about it after. When they had time. He guessed. He knew they would do it as soon as they could, at least.

ooc:
mjh6
mjh6
Newbie Designer
Newbie Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Fri May 02, 2014 1:28 pm

Sky Wolf frowned as they managed to easily outpace the guard, but put this aside to quietly say. “If they use that cannon and ignited it, if we can force it back on itself, it should blow the entire thing sky-high, so if worse comes to worse, we should be able to stop this thing.”
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  Colter Bolt Sat May 03, 2014 1:06 am

Frowning, Ancient turns back to the chest. [color=#cc9933]"I'm sorry," he whispers. Bringing back his fore legs, he smashes down on the lock, breaking it. Suddenly brightened by the prospect of what's in the chest, he quickly opens it, looking through it's belongings.
ooc:
Colter Bolt
Colter Bolt
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  ZamuelNow Sun May 04, 2014 1:47 pm

When the chest was opened, the air pressure shifted.  The storm walls collapsed downward as the sky cleared.  The pegasi looked around in shock and amazement that soon gave way to joy.  Star Catcher happily pushed a cloud around. "I never thought I'd... My voice?  I have my voice.  Wait..." Her voice shifted to something much more gentle and soothing, though it retained the same volume.  "I thought my voice would be gone forever.  After all these years..." She swooped in to give Ancient Record a hug.  Dizzy Downburst soon joined in and afterwards many of the pegasi joined in with a big group hug.

Within the box was a painting similar to the one in the secret chamber of Canterlot Castle and a single figurine with the image of a book engraved in the base.

Diamond Dust's OOC:
ZamuelNow
ZamuelNow

Back to top Go down

Post  tygerburningbright Mon May 05, 2014 6:36 pm

Terra thinks for a heartbeat "Interesting... the one here also leads to a point about a mile outside the castle. It may be a terminus or something of that sort." She then leads her fellow princess into her chambers. "Just a moment please." Taking a bit of care to obscure exactly what she is doing she activates the mechanism to lower the room.

Probably unnecessary stealth check:
tygerburningbright
tygerburningbright

Back to top Go down

Post  Colter Bolt Thu May 08, 2014 9:11 pm

Smiling at the pegasi's happiness, Ancient laughed a little. "While it seems I was knocked out far more than not while here, I'm going to miss it. And all of you." He returned the hug, then moved to the chest. "I'd love to learn more about you and your culture, but I must return to Canterlot. Goodbye for now. I'll see what I can do about coming back in my down time." Waving, he picks up the figurine and uses the painting.
Colter Bolt
Colter Bolt
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  ZamuelNow Fri May 09, 2014 3:02 am

Spinning and tumbling through the cosmos, things seemed much rougher this time.  Ancient Record saw the spot from the picture's image only to suddenly find himself in the castle courtyard.  He found himself staring up at several crystal griffons harnessed to a crystal carriage.  They shrieked and prepared to lunge until the lead stopped them. "Oh, it is the museum hunter. Let it be known that you should never do that again if you value your life." However, several Equestrian guards surrounded Ancient Record with Risk Burst lifting him with her magic.  "Oh, it's you.  Come with me."

Just as Princess Terra got close to the room's trigger, she heard a loud knocking on her door.  "Urgent communications have come in from Manehattan. The guard is currently mobilizing and awaiting orders.  Also, your researcher is here." Terra could hear the sound of Ancient Record being unceremoniously dropped on the ground.

"I bid 1000 bits!" The blade winged pegasus made an excited bid. "Ms Tulip, you said there were two available, correct?"  "yEs. wHy?" "Because if nopony can top 750,000 bits, the first one is mine." A hush fell over the group.
ZamuelNow
ZamuelNow

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Fri May 09, 2014 10:15 am

"Seven-hundred and fifty... THOUSAND bits?" Sky Wolf said in disbelief as he turned to look at the bidder in shock, and trying to see if he could identify him. "When you've got that much money to spend, I doubt your low profile." He said quietly to the others, mainly the guard.

Streetsmarts:

Last edited by Fury of the Tempest on Sun May 11, 2014 11:16 am; edited 1 time in total
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  mjh6 Fri May 09, 2014 11:12 pm

Diamond Dust gaped in shock. Who in Equestria could possibly afford to spend so much on one thing, even if it was the walking weapon machine the size of a house? And had a creepy echo-y voice?

ooc:
mjh6
mjh6
Newbie Designer
Newbie Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  ZamuelNow Sun May 11, 2014 1:23 pm

Diamond Dust's OOC:

Sky Wolf's OOC:

The room settled with a clank and change in motion as if they were now on a train rail instead of crawling. "Well boys, end of the line.  However, you've done well and are deserving of severance packages." A small box appeared in front of each minotaur.  "Ms Tulip, you know where to collect the money and where to deliver the goods." She whispered to one of her attendants that then ran into the back room.  The unicorn then disappeared with the image on the wall flickering away moments later. "This isn't fair!" "i hAve nO cLue wHat yOu..." "He could have just bought one separately.  There was no need for somepony like that to be here!" A voice from the crowd taunted, "You lose bets like you lose wings, Piercewind!" With a bloodcurdling shriek of rage she threw herself upon the crowd. Pandemonium set in as a big brawl was unleashed upon the room.  "tHis lOoks eNtertaining."  Tipsy Tulip happily tapped the ground a few times and then lighting began to randomly arc between the cracks in the floor and ceiling.  One of the two minotaurs stood up and pointed at Diamond Dust...

"YOU CHALLENGED ME!"

OOC:
ZamuelNow
ZamuelNow

Back to top Go down

Post  mjh6 Sun May 11, 2014 1:36 pm

Diamond Dust was a bit surprised, but only a bit. This was what he was here for, after all. He prepare himself for whatever the Minotaur had to throw at him.  
"You want some of this?!" he called out, trying to draw more attention to him, and less to Sky Wolf

ooc:
mjh6
mjh6
Newbie Designer
Newbie Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Mon May 12, 2014 11:28 am

Sky Wolf cursed under his breath when a fight broke out among the crowd, especially as the unicorn disappeared so suddenly and one of his minatour’s challenged Diamond to a fight. However, Sky Wolf knew that this was more than likely the best opportunity they had so he turned to the final member of their party, and said. “Go after Tulip, I’ll stick here and provide you and Diamond back-up.” Hopefully in the confusion they'll be able to subdue the crazy pony and get away, but the pegasus wasn't all that hopeful.

Init:
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  tygerburningbright Mon May 12, 2014 9:22 pm

ZamuelNow wrote:

Just as Princess Terra got close to the room's trigger, she heard a loud knocking on her door.  "Urgent communications have come in from Manehattan. The guard is currently mobilizing and awaiting orders.  Also, your researcher is here." Terra could hear the sound of Ancient Record being unceremoniously dropped on the ground.

Terra sighs as she hears the knocking. "I need to take this. I'm sorry it will have to be delayed." After Record drops she lets out a slightly sad laugh. "Though we may hear something from the horse's mouth." The princess then walks over to her door and opens it up after looking at Ancient Record for a moment she turns her attention to the guard. "Full report now."

Roll :
tygerburningbright
tygerburningbright

Back to top Go down

Post  ZamuelNow Mon May 12, 2014 10:55 pm

The guard nodded and started trying to quietly work his way towards Tipsy Tulip in hopes none would notice.  The minotaur scraped his hooves against the ground as if preparing to charge.  Meanwhile, the other minotaur was ignoring the chaos as he slowly opened his box.

Battle OOC:

Princess Terra noticed that he looked a little healthier than when she last saw him.  Like he had been doing a little working out.  Seemed a little tanned as well.  One of Spark Rose's flowers was tucked behind his ear but it was the smell of the ocean that seemed to linger on him.  Being dropped seemed more rude than painful.  "Multiple reports are coming in about a mechanical creature of some sort wrecking part of the city.  Shaped like a beetle and the size of a train car or small house.  Some are assuming this is not a living thing and is rather a vehicle of some sort.  It was able to outpace the police in the area and is heading west.  We can intercept if the path is not too irregular."
ZamuelNow
ZamuelNow

Back to top Go down

Post  tygerburningbright Wed May 14, 2014 8:31 pm

Terra eye twitches slightly as the guard gives the report. " Warn and evacuate the area ahead of the machine. Intercept ,use fliers if necessary, have it disabled if possible destroy it if it proves to be too dangerous. Also its origin should be traced as soon a possible in case there is more than one of these... vehicles. Dismissed."

A moment after the guard leaves the princess nudges Record trying to see if he would get up.
tygerburningbright
tygerburningbright

Back to top Go down

Post  Colter Bolt Thu May 15, 2014 8:25 pm

Ancient picks himself up off the ground, bowing to the princesses. "Your Highnesses. I return with good news. I found another figurine and Butterfly Island has been freed from an ancient curse."
Colter Bolt
Colter Bolt
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  ZamuelNow Thu May 15, 2014 11:56 pm

"You say Butterfly Island still exists? We thought it had fallen in the war."
ZamuelNow
ZamuelNow

Back to top Go down

Post  Colter Bolt Fri May 16, 2014 12:37 am

"Butterfly Island indeed still exists. Cursed with a tempest that kept them stuck on the island, and to live a single day over and over again. Then I was teleported there, managed to beat some of Tirek's shock troops that had survived and guarded a secret area, and lifted the curse. Hopefully the residents of Butterfly Island visit sometime soon." Ancient looks past everypony, looking at nothing in particular and imagining being able to find out more about Butterfly Island.
Colter Bolt
Colter Bolt
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 22 of 40 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 31 ... 40  Next