A New World

Page 5 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: A New World

Post  mjh6 on Fri Nov 08, 2013 9:40 pm

Ch'aska stood next to them trying to look threatening, but then again, it was hard for an ordinary sized llama to look threatening while standing next to a dragon.
ooc:
Assist Check, using persuasion
6+5+11
How very intimidating
mjh6
Newbie Designer
Newbie Designer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Curunir on Sat Nov 09, 2013 3:01 am

"Hey, where'd you get that!?..."  At first it looks like he might be disinclined to believe Arcantos, although he's cut off by Rufus' "roar".  He can tell the sound didn't come from Arcantos, and is confusedly trying to find the source of the noise, craning his neck as much as he can while restrained.  He sees Ch'aska and continues speaking.  "And how'd you escape??"  turning his attention back to Arcantos.  "Alright, alright, think I've had enough of the 'hard way' already.  But what do you want to know, and what's in it for me?"
Curunir
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

View user profile http://turtlgandalf.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest on Sat Nov 09, 2013 3:07 am

"First, I want to know if the priest and the others are the only gyphon's nearby." Arcantos said, glad that the gryphon was talking to them, made it a little easier to be honest. "I get the feeling your only a small part of the actually group. Secondly, how long did the priest have the small dragon for? Those are my questions, though my companions probably have other questions. As for what you get out of it..." Here, Arcantos hand went back, drawing his sword just enough so the gyphon saw the metal, the dragon finishing off. "Freedom... and your life."
Fury of the Tempest
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  mjh6 on Sat Nov 09, 2013 3:16 am

"It's none of your business how I managed to escape." Ch'aska put on what she hoped was a mysterious look on her face. " I am more interested in what exactly you are doing here, and how many more you kidnapped to do it."
mjh6
Newbie Designer
Newbie Designer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Curunir on Sat Nov 09, 2013 3:27 am

The griffon nods, content with Arcantos's offer.

"Ah, good, I had hoped but figured it was better to certify that.  You're right on both counts- there are no more of us around if what you say is true, though we were part of a larger group.  The priest selected the six of us to stay with him, the rest moved on to Coatlcalli.  I know nothing about this young dragon."  The griffon seems nervous answering, worrying that Arcantos would either disbelieve or not accept his answer.  

He also answers Ch'aska, tilting his head like a curious bird.

"We were collecting captives, of course.  You are aware of the importance of the upcoming cycle?  We have quotas to meet- which unfortunately seems to have resulted in a couple of mistakes." He stares significantly at Ch'aska.  "But that can't be undone.  As for what we were doing here- only the priest really knew that, though apparently he was looking for dragons."  He chuckles darkly.  "Well, he found them all right."
Curunir
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  mjh6 on Sat Nov 09, 2013 3:45 am

Ch'aska nodded. She wondered exactly how to go about inquiring if they had taken her brother to fill that "quota" "How about getting a bit more specific? How many captives were brought here? Any llamas like me?"
mjh6
Newbie Designer
Newbie Designer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Curunir on Sat Nov 09, 2013 4:08 am

He nods. "Yes, you and another were picked up while hunting Tapirs in the jungle. How many in total?.. this group was supposed to get 20 this trip, though I think we fell short a couple. Yes, each of the rest took one apiece... 14... and then the remaining three tapirs and llamas for us to carry once the priest was done with us..." The griffon did some quick calculations, flopping on his side as he attempted to use his talons as a counting guide (forgetting his bonds)
Curunir
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  mjh6 on Sat Nov 09, 2013 4:18 am

Another? Ch'aska struggled to keep her voice steady. "So where would the rest of these captives be?"
mjh6
Newbie Designer
Newbie Designer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Curunir on Sat Nov 09, 2013 4:21 am

"I already said that the rest went on to Coatlcalli- with the other captives. I really should have asked how many questions there'd be before I agreed to this..."
Curunir
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  mjh6 on Sat Nov 09, 2013 4:25 am

Ch'aska felt numb. Her brother, in the heart of the Griffin Empire. What could she do? Ch'aska turned to Arcantos. "Do you have any more questions?"
mjh6
Newbie Designer
Newbie Designer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest on Sat Nov 09, 2013 2:12 pm

"Will they already be at your capital?" Arcantos asked, his mind starting to carefully think things through. He hoped there was still a chance to save them. "If not, how far from here would they be and how fast does the group usually move?"
Fury of the Tempest

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Curunir on Sat Nov 09, 2013 4:09 pm

"Probably not, though they left a while ago- we've been poking around a little while, exploring and watching you dragons, but they won't be moving very fast, particularly laden with captives- they'll be on foot most of the time."
Curunir
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest on Sun Nov 10, 2013 3:00 pm

"So... if we are fast enough, we could catch up with them." Arcantos said, with a small smile on his face. Turning away from the gryphon, he quitely spoke to the mole that was hiding, asking. "Does you friend have any questions? Also, would he join me in hunting down the rest of the gryphon's?"
Fury of the Tempest

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Deathstorm50 on Sun Nov 10, 2013 3:45 pm

After a brief moment of what appeared to be contemplation, Rufus nodded at Arcantos. "Piasa would be happy to join the hunting party. He has no questions for the captive."

Off in the sky, Piasa turned away from his circling of the city to head back to the main plaza.

Deathstorm50
Very Important Pony
Very Important Pony

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Curunir on Mon Nov 11, 2013 5:07 pm

The captive griffon seems to brighten up now that it seems his captors have agreed on a course of action- and stopped asking him questions.

"Well, you going to let me go now then?"
Curunir
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  mjh6 on Tue Nov 12, 2013 4:02 pm

"Well, what would you do if we let you go now?"
mjh6
Newbie Designer
Newbie Designer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Curunir on Tue Nov 12, 2013 4:10 pm

"Go home, of course. Probably catch up with my fleeing companions. I won't say anything, I swear. Say it was an accident, like I first thought. Better to claim I was taken out of action than captured, or worse, a coward."
Curunir
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  mjh6 on Tue Nov 12, 2013 11:18 pm

Ch'aska still wasn't entirely convinced. If the captive went back to the group, he could still put them on guard, or tip them off somehow. She wondered if it would be a good idea to just use the memory erasing spell as extra security, or if that would be too much. Rather than voice the thought aloud though, she turned to Arcantos and said " What to you think? Do you believe him?
mjh6
Newbie Designer
Newbie Designer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Deathstorm50 on Wed Nov 13, 2013 10:23 am

"If I may offer some advice of my own? The wolf doesn't care about what it has to say, so long as the jaguar turns his back. If we free him, he is sure to turn. Three jaguars could ambush a pack of wolves, but a lost wolf returned from a hunter grants their pack an advantage against the jaguars, which they can't afford. I do not know these griffons well, nor their ways and traditions, but it is in any creature's advantage to lie, if it means living to gain the strength to hunt those who hunted them. 'The strength of the pack is the wolf, and the strength of the wolf is the pack.' If this lone wolf returns to his pack, he will tell all he knows."

METAPHORS:
Don't you just love 'em?

But seriously don't trust the griffon. He's a prisoner, and prisoners are won't to say anything that gets them out alive. If anything, we should clip his wings or something so that he cant move as fast.

Last edited by Deathstorm50 on Fri Nov 15, 2013 12:46 am; edited 2 times in total
Deathstorm50
Very Important Pony
Very Important Pony

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  mjh6 on Wed Nov 13, 2013 12:34 pm

" Then maybe we should make it so he doesn't know anything. I know a spell that erases memories. I suggest we take him to where we found him, untie him while holding him down, and then after I wipe his memory, we get out of sight as quickly as possible. He just assumes that falling debris knocked him out, and leaves none the wiser. Then we would be in no more danger from him than from the rest of the soldiers who fled.

ooc:
I don't think we've been interrogating him for over 10 minutes, but correct me if I'm wrong, Curunir.
mjh6
Newbie Designer
Newbie Designer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Curunir on Wed Nov 13, 2013 1:11 pm

Spoiler:
Tiger? What's a tiger? Cheerilee Derp It's okay, we know what you meant, and the metaphor would still be valid (we can assume you said something like "jaguar", or that "tiger" just means any large cat.

Yes, it hasn't been over ten minutes. Yet.
Curunir
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  JackSilvers on Wed Nov 13, 2013 8:45 pm

The small dragon yawned and stirred in the sack, stretching as it awoke.
JackSilvers
Very Important Pony
Very Important Pony

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest on Thu Nov 14, 2013 8:48 pm

"... I'm his captor, so I believe I have more say with his fate than you two." Arcantos said, he noticed that the small dragon was wakening, but said nothing, as there was more important matters currently at hand. Something he had put quite a lot of thought into, as the others had spoken and discussed the matter. "Wild beasts are different those that have the ability to think. The gryphon know ours strength full well, and we have yet to actually take to the field of battle. I think he would be wise enough not to speak of us if or when he returns. Fighting with his comrades, I do expect when we to catch up. It is dishonorable not to." As he spoke, Arcantos drew his right sword out of its sheath, preparing it for whichever task it would end up perform.

"I say to let him go and return. Mercy is better than death, but he knows that if he fights us, he risks death. If he betrays us, he will live to regret it. If we do not... we kill him. Manipulating the memories of others is wrong. The mind is a sanctuary that should not be touched by others, to do so it to throw away basic respect for others and destroy any honour one might have."
Fury of the Tempest

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  JackSilvers on Thu Nov 14, 2013 10:19 pm

The dragon pokes his small, green head out of the sack, looking around, bewildered.
JackSilvers
Very Important Pony
Very Important Pony

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  mjh6 on Thu Nov 14, 2013 10:37 pm

"I don't quite understand how not telling the group that they are about to be ambushed could count as 'wise.' That knowledge could mean the difference between a loss and a win. And if they won because of that, then he wouldn't have to worry about facing us." Ch'aska resisted the urge to say that Arcantos should recognize that not everyone subscribed to his concept of "honor". She had no way of catching up to the group on her own, and she needed to work with him.
mjh6
Newbie Designer
Newbie Designer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top