Pony Tales: Aspirations of Harmony
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A New World

+3
Fury of the Tempest
Marona
Curunir
7 posters

Page 12 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 11, 12, 13  Next

Go down

A New World  - Page 12 Empty Re: A New World

Post  mjh6 Mon Mar 03, 2014 12:19 pm

ooc:
mjh6
mjh6
Newbie Designer
Newbie Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  Curunir Mon Mar 03, 2014 3:29 pm

Answer, and a reminder:
Curunir
Curunir
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

http://turtlgandalf.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Mon Mar 03, 2014 3:39 pm

(Can I edit my post now that I have that information? I think Arcantos would involves Cha if possible... and his suggestion wouldn't just be flying)
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Back to top Go down

Post  Curunir Mon Mar 03, 2014 4:46 pm

(sure)
Curunir
Curunir
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  mjh6 Mon Mar 03, 2014 8:48 pm

Well, that's good for you, but remember, not everyone here can fly. I doubt I could make that jump, and I admit that one of you attempting to carry me over the lava pit, while jumping would make me nervous. If you wished to travel in that fashion, you would have to leave me behind." Ch'aska wondered if that would be an entirely bad idea. She and the newcomer could get a crack at the chest and whatever had interested Rufus in the alcove, and then explore the other areas they passed.

ooc:
mjh6
mjh6
Newbie Designer
Newbie Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  Deathstorm50 Mon Mar 03, 2014 8:58 pm

"Indeed. I don't believe myself good enough to get myself over that pool, anyway. Besides," He glances at the pool,"I don't trust there not to be some trap in the lava itself. The old dragons were very clever, and their enchantments are still strong today, as we've already seen. Our only proper recourse is to be cleverer than they were."

OOC:
Deathstorm50
Deathstorm50
Very Important Pony
Very Important Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Curunir Mon Mar 03, 2014 11:29 pm

Spoiler:
Curunir
Curunir
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  mjh6 Tue Mar 04, 2014 12:12 am

"Hmm." Ch'aska hadn't thought of traps in the lava. She focused her power, not on destruction yet, but on detecting whether there was any sort of magic in place over the lava.
ooc:
mjh6
mjh6
Newbie Designer
Newbie Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  Curunir Tue Mar 04, 2014 2:41 pm

Ch'aska doesn't sense any magic coming from the lava: although she is able to sense magic in both of the side rooms from this distance. It would appear the pool of lava was meant to be deterrent enough at this point. Of course, the old dragons must have had a way to bypass it: then again, they might not have been worried about lava at all.
Curunir
Curunir
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  mjh6 Tue Mar 04, 2014 3:12 pm

"Hmm, I don't think there's anything magical about the lava itself, but there's definitely something magical about the side rooms. And  the only way we could check them is if we deal with the lava. Ch'aska shrugged. "Maybe we should consult with the newcomer, see if he has any ideas,too.
mjh6
mjh6
Newbie Designer
Newbie Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  Lapis-Lazily Tue Mar 04, 2014 6:17 pm

Landon simply stands there as the others talk. He's trying desperately to understand them.
Spoiler:
Lapis-Lazily
Lapis-Lazily
Overworked Designer
Overworked Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Wed Mar 05, 2014 8:31 am

"There's rooms upstairs, isn't there?" Arcantos said, recalling how in the mechanisms room, there had been doors going elsewhere that they decided to ignore and simply go down the stairs again. "It'll be quickly to explore the temple if we split up. Me and crystal here can get over the lava no problem, while you and the... pony can explore upstairs."

Curunir:
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  mjh6 Wed Mar 05, 2014 1:41 pm

"That's what I was thinking. I'd really like to have a crack at that box. Maybe Rufus could come with us, so if either group finds something that looks important enough, we can let the others know immediately."
mjh6
mjh6
Newbie Designer
Newbie Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  Curunir Wed Mar 05, 2014 3:38 pm

Landon can't really follow what's going on:  He can tell they're speaking something distantly related to old draconic: likely for the llama's sake, as she seemed to be unable to follow the conversation you were having before in Old Draconic without translation.  You piece enough together to guess that they're discussing possible courses of action.  It sounds like you won't be going ahead with the scary dragon that was suspicious of you at least: though you don't know what they have planned for you.

Fury/Arcantos:
Curunir
Curunir
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Mon Mar 10, 2014 3:35 pm

"That sounds like a reasonable idea." Arcantos acknowledged after a short while of pondering at this statement. "You might not be able to understand Rufus like me or Piasa can, but it should suffice for now. We'll try and see if there's a way to remove the lava pool or something, that way we won't have to remain separated for long."

Curunir:
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  mjh6 Mon Mar 10, 2014 9:17 pm

"Right, so I guess the question would be, would Rufus and- Landon was it? be ok with this."
mjh6
mjh6
Newbie Designer
Newbie Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  Deathstorm50 Mon Mar 10, 2014 10:14 pm

"It's alright with me. I don't much like the idea of attempting to jump the gap, but I'll do it."
Deathstorm50
Deathstorm50
Very Important Pony
Very Important Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Mon Mar 10, 2014 10:20 pm

"You'll be fine." Arcantos encouraged his fellow dragon with a smile, through it became thoughtful as he said. "Still, if your uncertain, me and Rufus could explore down here, while you three go upstairs. We'll still have a connection, and I'll be able to understand Rufus."
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  Deathstorm50 Mon Mar 10, 2014 10:35 pm

Piasa looks visibly relieved. "Thank you, friend. It is just that... well, you can see I'm not the peak of draconic athleticism. And while I'm not sure if my crystal body could withstand the lava, be incinerated, or -gods forbid- melt, I'd rather never be in a position to find out. I admit, I'm not terribly worried about if you face combat down there, as you seem to be adept with those blades. Do please take care of Rufus, though. He's dear to me, and the ritual to bring him back if he dies takes more time than what we have available to us now." Piasa then hands Rufus over to Arcantos.
Deathstorm50
Deathstorm50
Very Important Pony
Very Important Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  mjh6 Tue Mar 11, 2014 12:13 am

"So if we are in agreement, I suggest we bring the newcomer into our conversation." Ch'aska smiled. "I admit, I'm not sorry you want to stay with us. I was wondering how well the three of us would work together when none of us could communicate."
mjh6
mjh6
Newbie Designer
Newbie Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  Deathstorm50 Tue Mar 11, 2014 5:56 pm

Piasa nodded in agreement, and switched back to old draconic. "Very well. Sir Farrahway, we have come up with a plan. You, me, and Ch'aska will go up the stairs and explore those rooms, while Arcantos and Rufus will go over the lava, search those areas, and look for a way to drain or remove the lava. As to what we're looking for-" He looks around at the three of them, "Somewhere in this temple, there lies a treasury, full of various collected items and tributes. I do not know if any of them are magical, but the high priest's garb almost certainly is. I saw murals depicting the high priest with a glowing headdress, wielding a bladed scythe, and holding an orb to represent the rising sun at midsummer. I cannot be sure, but the relic we seek is probably that orb. These items may or may not be in the treasury, and I am uncertain as to where that room might lie. The relic we seek could very well be in the priest's bedchambers for all I know."
Deathstorm50
Deathstorm50
Very Important Pony
Very Important Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Thu Mar 13, 2014 7:34 pm

"I'll be careful with him, don't worry. Don't like anyone or anything dying on my account unless its an enemy." Arcantos said with a smile as he carefully took Rufus, holding the mole in his hands for now, through gently without much of a grip. He didn't try to make the jump right away either, waiting for the others to get out of the way so he could get a full, unimpeded run-up.
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  Lapis-Lazily Fri Mar 14, 2014 12:08 am

"Well all right then. I'll trust your expertise on the matter. Lead away."
Lapis-Lazily
Lapis-Lazily
Overworked Designer
Overworked Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  mjh6 Fri Mar 14, 2014 3:53 am

Ch'aska nodded, and gestured for the newcomer to follow, as she led them back to the top room. Best to start with their only lead with the chest. Maybe the newcomer would have some ideas.
mjh6
mjh6
Newbie Designer
Newbie Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  Curunir Thu Mar 20, 2014 4:59 am

Ch'aska, Piasa, and Farrahway go back upstairs, passing through the room with the mechanism, floor grooves, and small stone doors exactly as they had left it a number of minutes before, and back up to the top level- where the stone box was still sitting in its niche, locked. The room was a bit less brightly lit, as the sun had moved a little in the sky, and was no longer perfectly overhead in the skylight. It is still late afternoon.

(People on the top floor do a quick perception check, and let me know specifically what you want to investigate or try with the stone box. Or with anything on the 2nd floor from the top)

(Arcantos, if you're going to jump over the lava pool, I'd like an Athletics check. If you're doing anything else instead/in addition, let me know. I'll give you a slight bonus for taking a running start. Make an additional Acrobatics check if you want to try to reach one of the side doorways instead: although this will be significantly harder than just flying across the room to the door on the other side.)
Curunir
Curunir
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 12 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 11, 12, 13  Next