Web Warriors: Assault on Neckbeard's Keep IC

Page 6 of 28 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 17 ... 28  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Web Warriors: Assault on Neckbeard's Keep IC

Post  maswoon on Wed Oct 16, 2013 5:29 pm

This place was creepy for Sarah. Otherwise idealistic abandoned town? Spooky. Sarah's head raced through a ton of anime and a ton of games, and shuddered at a bunch of the content that raced through her head. "This place is giving me the creeps," Sarah muttered, hand on her sheath. Her finger twitched around the black and white buttons, ready to summon weaponry to deal with whatever the noise was.

Draco12387 wrote:DerouX speaks up, tactics being one of his strong suits. "I agree that we should send a scout ahead, but we should also have someone accompaning them, in case they get into trouble. I think I ought to be able to do this..."
"Whatever we do, I think we should make sure we don't split up. I don't want some sort of stupid horror movie situation," she objects.
maswoon
Very Important Pony
Very Important Pony

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Draco12387 on Wed Oct 16, 2013 5:36 pm

"That's why I don't want to send someone to go alone. If they do, they'll probably just get killed, like those dumb supports that go off on their own, and freaking feed the enemy Kassadin." DerouX counters Sarah's arguements, using terms probably few, if any, of the others will actually recognize. "Besides, if we do get into trouble, I can do this." He concentrates for a second, and then a large, flashing red exclaimation mark appears. "I muted the ping, but if we get into danger, we can always signal you like this. As long as you pay attention to them, and actually listen to what they tell you, at least."

Spoiler:
Basically, what I did was use Magical Tricks to create a flashing symbol. And if we get closer to the crowd, I can change that noise into a loud ping.
Draco12387
Background Pony
Background Pony

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Copper Rose on Wed Oct 16, 2013 6:18 pm

"You're all such bimbos. If we all go together, then if they attack us, it's less likely any of us will take serious damage. Power in numbers, and all that crap. Unless you would all rather be picked off one by one? Besides, what would it look like if we sent a scout party to a celebration or something like that?"
Copper Rose
Epic Pwny

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  kajisora on Wed Oct 16, 2013 6:27 pm

"I am NOT a bimbo! Still a guy in here!
Besides, generally, the point of a scout in situations like this is NOT to get noticed. I think I can pull it off, or I wouldn't offer."
kajisora
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Draco12387 on Wed Oct 16, 2013 7:37 pm

"Okay, let's go over what could happen. Number 1, we barge in as a group, and we're either fine, or all of us die. Number 2, we send one person ahead, they either find out everything is okay, or they find out its bad and escape, or they die, and we've lost one person. Number 3, we send 2 people, they find out everything is fine, or they find out its bad, and have a higher chance of escaping, or one of them dies making a heroic sacrifice to let the other one get away. Morbidity aside, number 3 is looking like our best option."
Draco12387
Background Pony
Background Pony

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Zarhon on Wed Oct 16, 2013 7:53 pm

"Well, considering how dangerous you claim those options will be, I'm sure you'd be indispensable for the recon mission, Deroughs, if we go by option 3. Option 2 seems like it's already under way, anyway. Might as well get at it."

Persuasion:
Using sarcasm as a quasi-assist to the magecraft roll.

Persuasion
7 + 15 = 22
Zarhon
Smile Smile Smile
Smile Smile Smile

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  kajisora on Wed Oct 16, 2013 7:58 pm

Kaji, already halfway up the nearest building, looks back at DerouX.
"You coming? Let's go via the rooftops. Easier to see, harder to spot."
Then climbs the rest of the way up and waits there.
kajisora
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Linear Analysis on Wed Oct 16, 2013 8:30 pm

Jonny sighs and takes a seat against the side of one of the buildings.

"At least we're not scooby-dooing in every possible direction."

He scratches the nape of his neck for a moment.

"So... anyone got any cards or something while we wait?"

Linear Analysis
Very Important Pony
Very Important Pony

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  maswoon on Wed Oct 16, 2013 9:09 pm

meta:
I would like to scan the immediate area for any paper or cardboard products.
maswoon
Very Important Pony
Very Important Pony

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Copper Rose on Wed Oct 16, 2013 9:30 pm

Thalia finds something to lean against, sits down, flips out a book, and starts reading.
Copper Rose
Epic Pwny

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Draco12387 on Wed Oct 16, 2013 10:28 pm

DerouX looks up at Kaji climbing the building, and scoffs. "I think I'll just take a normal path." He says, as he turns mostly transparent. He slowly and quietly walks along the sides of the street, trying to stay in darkness as much as possible as he approaches the source of the noises. Once he can make out what the voices are saying, he will stop, and listen for a bit.

Spoiler:
Nat 20 on stealth roll, bitches. +10 base, +10 bonus from active camo. +1 from grandure.
Draco12387
Background Pony
Background Pony

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Lapis-Lazily on Wed Oct 16, 2013 10:40 pm

As DerouX approaches the center, he can see a large crowd gathered around a stage set up in what appears to be a lovely town square park, with green grass, nice walkways, and some scattered trees. On the stage is a hot woman. She's yelling something into a megaphone, which seems to be eliciting a response from the crowd. As DerouX listens from the shadows, he is able to make out a very odd exchange.

"Like my status if you like eating good food!"
"Wooohoo!" "Yeah, I like food!" "Food is a good thing!"
"Like my status if you love kittens!"
"SO ADORABLE!" "Kittens are the greatest!" "I hate cats, but I'm liking this status anyway!"
"Like my status if you like living!"
"I enjoy being alive!" "Life is great!" "Please don't kill me!"

Meta:
Roll perception to notice more details of this scene.

Overworked Designer
Overworked Designer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Draco12387 on Wed Oct 16, 2013 10:52 pm

Spoiler:
Roll of 19! + my 3 base... I minmaxed, okay? I fail to see anything new.

Not noticing anything other than what is happening in front of him, DerouX waits for Kaji to take a look before heading back to the rest of the group.
Draco12387
Background Pony
Background Pony

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  AProcrastinatingWriter on Wed Oct 16, 2013 11:07 pm

Woolie, back at the house, tapped his fingers anxiously against the wall he was leaning against.

For a good two minutes.

Crap.

He knew it wasn't a tactically sound decision, but his memory was there. He could feel it. Not all of it, of course -that would just be too easy. Apparently he was going to have to see this stupid quest thing through.

Sending a couple scouts ahead and having the rest for backup was...was a good plan! Strategy games were never his forte, really, but he could see the sense in what was happening. The internet could be an awfully scary place, after all. Slashfics involving him alone were absolutely terrifying.

But still.

His memory.

It was out there.

The center of the tow-

"I'm heading out too,"
Woolie finally spoke up, accidentally interrupting the narrative as he stepped towards the door. "Got something I have to take care of."

Spoiler:
I've already heavily implied as such, but just to make things perfectly clear Woolie is headed into town.

Last edited by AProcrastinatingWriter on Thu Oct 17, 2013 1:21 am; edited 1 time in total
AProcrastinatingWriter
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Linear Analysis on Wed Oct 16, 2013 11:42 pm

Jonny favors Woolie with a 'Are you INSANE?' look. Then looks up at the sky and comment clouds.

"Going in by yourself is begging for something to go wrong. At this point we don't know what 'could' go wrong, so it's best to at least follow basic wolfpack strategy. Pick a teammate, advance at a staggered rate, and don't get dead. Of course, it's probably for the best if you figure out who you want to go with you."

Wolfpack strategy. Where did you hear that? In CoD or something? Halo?

He drums his fingers on his knees.

"So.. We've got the old grumpy guy, the crotchety catgirl, the jailbait, and the IT geek. One way or another the groups are going to end up weiiiird."

Linear Analysis
Very Important Pony
Very Important Pony

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Copper Rose on Thu Oct 17, 2013 12:05 am

Thalia laughs uproariously at something in her book, then looks up. "You were saying something?"
Copper Rose
Epic Pwny

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  AProcrastinatingWriter on Thu Oct 17, 2013 1:25 am

"If..." Woolie paused, searching for the proper justification. "Look. It's fine. It's totally fine. Look," he repeated, raising his hands and calming his gestures. "I'll be joining up with those guys that already left, right? I'll be fine. Even if something's attacked them on the way, that just means I'll be there to lend a helping hand. No problem."
AProcrastinatingWriter

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  maswoon on Thu Oct 17, 2013 1:52 am

Linear Analysis wrote:"So.. We've got the old grumpy guy, the crotchety catgirl, the jailbait, and the IT geek. One way or another the groups are going to end up weiiiird."
Sarah's expression darkens, her eyebrows slanting in an irked furrow. Her lip twitches slightly, and she walks with an uncharacteristically lumbering gait for such a small girl.

"I'm sorry, did you say jailbait?" Sarah inquires, pointedly fixing her icy glare on Jonny. "Could you pick a better word next time, maybe?"

AProcrastinatingWriter wrote:"If..." Woolie paused, searching for the proper justification. "Look. It's fine. It's totally fine. Look," he repeated, raising his hands and calming his gestures. "I'll be joining up with those guys that already left, right? I'll be fine. Even if something's attacked them on the way, that just means I'll be there to lend a helping hand. No problem."
Sarah shrugs, and turns to face Woolie. "We're already going through with DerouX's plan anyways. Do whatever, just make sure you don't bite it."

Spinning back around on her feet, she pulls her sheath from its notch on her cloak and will attempt to bop Jonny in the head with it for being quote-unquote "a sleazy hentai."

beat my athletics nrd:
1d20= 1- god dammit

this totally isn't worth my awesomeness YOU WIN THIS TIME JONNY

Last edited by maswoon on Thu Oct 17, 2013 1:53 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : coooding faaaaail)
maswoon
Very Important Pony
Very Important Pony

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  AProcrastinatingWriter on Thu Oct 17, 2013 2:06 am

"Right," Woolie says, drawing out the vowel as long as possible in order to express his confusion. "So...you two try not to kill each other while I'm gone, and...I'll be back. Later."

This said, he heads in the direction of the town, a lumbering sort of jog.
AProcrastinatingWriter

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Lapis-Lazily on Thu Oct 17, 2013 2:34 am

Sarah completely misses Jonny and drops her sheath on her foot, taking 1 damage. The green button is pressed upon impact.

Overworked Designer
Overworked Designer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Linear Analysis on Thu Oct 17, 2013 3:08 am

maswoon wrote:"I'm sorry, did you say jailbait?" Sarah inquires, pointedly fixing her icy glare on Jonny. "Could you pick a better word next time, maybe?"
Spinning back around on her feet, she pulls her sheath from its notch on her cloak and will attempt to bop Jonny in the head with it for being quote-unquote "a sleazy hentai."
beat my athletics nrd:
1d20= 1- god dammit
this totally isn't worth my awesomeness YOU WIN THIS TIME JONNY
"Honestly that was the worst descriptor I could think of. Maybe could have done something else if you had worse grades. And what ar-NNGH!"

He flinches out of the way as she fumbles with her sheath thing.

"Hey! I don't think commenting on your age deserves a mindwipe here!"

Meta:
Roll of 19 + 5 = 24 athletics check, totally unnecessary, but why not. Very Happy 

Linear Analysis
Very Important Pony
Very Important Pony

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  maswoon on Thu Oct 17, 2013 3:09 am

"Wait shi-" Sarah says, dropping the sheath and...

this might not be fun:
d100- 19. Age Regression
Sarah’s age is reduced by 3d4 years for 2d4 days hours.

3d4- 9. 2d4- 8 (dammit)

...vanishing within a big pile of clothing. For a little while, there is nothing in the pile, and then a tiny little hand pokes up out of the clothing, followed by an indeterminate noise. It's followed by an appropriately sized face- one that is definitely a young Sarah's. Same hair, still tied back in a ponytail.

"Where am I?" asks the now-6-years-old Sarah. She takes in the surroundings and looks up at the now-towering Jonny. "Hiii! What's with this place!? Where are we?" she asks with EXTREME excitement. She pulls the now completely constricting robe off to show that Senketsu was actually being incredibly kind and had become completely concealing, with a much longer dress. That was awfully convenient. The eye motif and whatnot was still there, but it was a sensible outfit for a girl her age. She brushed a strand of hair ot of her eyes and then took in all of her surroundings, and her eyes settle on the clouds- "Mister, mister!" she says, tugging on Jonny's pants. "What's with the clouds!?"

meta:
dude could i have gotten a worse one
Don't worry, I can still function in combat. It'll just be adorable and stumbly, and totally not intend to do anything but somehow manage to anyways.

Last edited by maswoon on Thu Oct 17, 2013 3:41 am; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : once more with code fail)
maswoon
Very Important Pony
Very Important Pony

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Linear Analysis on Thu Oct 17, 2013 3:42 am

"I"

NOPE. I am declaring Nope. I am enforcing Nope. Nope.avi deployed. This entire sketch has gotten entirely too silly. Stop the planet, I want to get off. WHATTHEFUUUUUUUUargo North Dakota is GOING ON.

"...S-sarah? I.. um. Is... is this some kind of bizarre female way of making me regret my comment? Because it's pretty much making me regret that comment. And worry for my sanity."

Did she mindwipe me? Is this what happened when she lost her mind? She was acting... Sort of like this before.

Jonny just facepalms. And grinds his knuckles into his eyesockets.

owowoFOCUSwowowowow

"Um. Yes, we're.. we're pretty sure we're stuck in the internet now. It's a bit weird, but we're working on getting out again. But hey, good news so far, we have yet to run into anything really dangerous. Those things up there? They're like.. floating billboards, giant comments that are kinda pointless, but well liked. Um... Why... Why are you so little?"

Because obviously if she's suddenly wiped your mind her response is going to make sense, right?

Shut up brain.

Linear Analysis
Very Important Pony
Very Important Pony

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  maswoon on Thu Oct 17, 2013 4:03 am

"Mom says I'm gonna get taller when I hit my..." she cocks her head to one side and bites her nails. "My growf spurn!" she says, and then grins. "But how are we stuck in the internet? Mom won't let me go on the internet. Do you like the internet?"

Her eyes wander in bewilderment, eventually resting on Namae Randamu Koka.

"Ooh, buttons!" she says, eagerly grabbing it. She rapidly pushed the red button, and marvels in awe as the mecha Lagann appears in a little blue flash of light, in the middle of the street. "OH MY GOSH OH MY GOSH DO YOU SEE THAT THAT'S SO COOL"

Looking at the mecha of about twice her height, she hops up and attempts to climb its arm.

meta:
Taking 10. 10 + 17 = 37. There is no way I could fail this.

She succeeds and gasps in excitement at the controls. "Mister, mister, how do I control this!?" she exclaims, grabbing the handles to control it with, her Core Drill flashing about her neck.
maswoon
Very Important Pony
Very Important Pony

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Linear Analysis on Thu Oct 17, 2013 4:27 am

maswoon wrote:"Ooh, buttons!" she says, eagerly grabbing it. She rapidly pushed the red button, and marvels in awe as the mecha Lagann appears in a little blue flash of light, in the middle of the street. "OH MY GOSH OH MY GOSH DO YOU SEE THAT THAT'S SO COOL"
"Well, so far the internet is an incredibly silly... SARAH DON'T-"

Poorly timed reflexes the whole way down. He's never going to manage to actually react in time is he? At least it didn't make anything explode. Or mindwipe anything. Geebus. Giant Japanese Robot thing? It's like Megas XLR.

"Sarah, that's incredibly cool, yes, but I really think you should-"

maswoon wrote:
Looking at the mecha of about twice her height, she hops up and attempts to climb its arm.

meta:
Taking 10. 10 + 17 = 37. There is no way I could fail this.

She succeeds and gasps in excitement at the controls. "Mister, mister, how do I control this!?"
She's already in control. Of course.

"With a long enough lever and a gallon jug of axle grease. Just please, PLEASE don't push any buttons right now. Umm.. Look, are.. are you feeling sick? Or something?"

I'm rather sure they never covered 'Age Restoration' in first aid. Are we even sure that her other age is the right age?

I'm also sure that Brain Restoration never worked in first aid, but Woolie seemed to pull it off!

With a sigh Jonny waited for a Response from Sarah... maybe.. maybe there would be something he could do to fix this? Maybe? This couldn't be... permanent... could it?

Meta:
Totally going to try to Dispel this if Maswoon approves, I'm pretty sure this falls outside a Heal Check, so Arcana Check + Dispel down to 1/for the day. 10+15 + roll of 4.. of course. I could use a hand over here anybody! Magic Points or just Skill Assists.

Linear Analysis
Very Important Pony
Very Important Pony

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 28 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 17 ... 28  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top