Web Warriors: Assault on Neckbeard's Keep IC

Page 4 of 28 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 16 ... 28  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Web Warriors: Assault on Neckbeard's Keep IC

Post  Linear Analysis on Mon Oct 14, 2013 9:36 pm

maswoon wrote:Sarah cocks her head. "What's a reboot?" she asks.
"Huh? Oh, Reboot was a show in the 90s that used the then pretty much cutting edge 3d modelling software to make a take on the 'inner life of a computer'. It was kind of cool, although after you get more experience with computers a lot of the things make less sense. Others are handled remarkably well. Heh, DAEMON, the 'word', a 6 hex digit value." He shook his head with a nostalgic smile.

maswoon wrote:"A-and I'm sorry about getting on your nerves but... I honestly can't remember much about... well, anything aside from my name. Sorry," she says, bowing deeply.
"...Did you hit your head over there or something? Do you mind if I take a look and see what I can do?"

Meta:
If allowed, going to try a Heal check on her to undo the Amnesia... Not sure if it would count as Arcana instead, but either way I can use 1 of the X/day +10 bonuses to dispel/fix. Dice roll.... 9. Eep. Plus whatever bonus is appropriate.

Linear Analysis
Very Important Pony
Very Important Pony

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  maswoon on Mon Oct 14, 2013 9:48 pm

"That reminds me of something, but I'm not entirely sure of what..." she says regarding Reboot.

"And I don't know about hitting my head, but..." another cock of the head. "I really don't remember what happened while I was over there. Do you mean take a look inside my head or something? Can you do that?"

meta:
please fix amnesia. this is implied consent
maswoon
Very Important Pony
Very Important Pony

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Lapis-Lazily on Mon Oct 14, 2013 9:57 pm

Spoiler:
Would anyone like to magic point this heal attempt?

Overworked Designer
Overworked Designer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  maswoon on Mon Oct 14, 2013 10:08 pm

meta:
I would LOVE to magic point this attempt.
maswoon
Very Important Pony
Very Important Pony

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Lapis-Lazily on Mon Oct 14, 2013 10:22 pm

Check:
Heal total: 13+9+10+10+10, assuming Maswoon and Linear use MP, for 52 total.
The fog over Sarah's brain lifts and she remembers everything.

Overworked Designer
Overworked Designer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  AProcrastinatingWriter on Mon Oct 14, 2013 10:22 pm

Linear Analysis wrote:
maswoon wrote:Sarah cocks her head. "What's a reboot?" she asks.
"Huh? Oh, Reboot was a show in the 90s that used the then pretty much cutting edge 3d modelling software to make a take on the 'inner life of a computer'. It was kind of cool, although after you get more experience with computers a lot of the things make less sense. Others are handled remarkably well. Heh, DAEMON, the 'word', a 6 hex digit value." He shook his head with a nostalgic smile.
"Oh, DUDE!" Woolie practically shouted, turning around and wearing the biggest grin on his face, the first one any of them had seen. "Reboot was the sickest show, dude! That's my childhood right there! Look," he pointed to his hat, revealing a tiny detail - a Guardian Icon pin near its wide brim. "Guardians for life, man!" he turned to Sarah. " You've never heard of this? Come on, what kind of childhood did you have?"

maswoon wrote:"A-and I'm sorry about getting on your nerves but... I honestly can't remember much about... well, anything aside from my name. Sorry," she says, bowing deeply.
...then he actually processed what Sarah had said. "What. you...you too? You've lost your memory too? What is it, like..." he slapped his forehead, leaving a red welt there and not particularly caring that he had. "No. No, this is...it was cliche enough the first time, even only a partial memory loss, but this time around...no! We're not doing it!"

Woolie then lunged towards Sarah and gripped her by the shoulders, shaking her back and forth like he was trying to get a bottle of Mountain Dew out of a particularly thieving vending machine. "We are not, do you hear me?! Before this stupid amnesia virus molests us all with its overly-used plot tentacles I order you to remember everything!"

Spoiler:
Can we retcon this and say I Spent the magic point instead? Sarah or Coder, keep your magic point. Sarah's Laughter, at least at this early stage, is likely to be about three times more useful than my Honesty, and that's including in the numerous negative and neutral effects on your table. Coder's +15 as opposed to a +10 should be saved if a +10 will get us through, actually. So Sarah and I?

Besides, this methodology of spending magic points is much funnier. Razz
AProcrastinatingWriter
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  maswoon on Mon Oct 14, 2013 10:35 pm

Woolie's shaking Sarah caused the spark in her eye to return, and Sarah snaps right back to. "A-acknowledged, Woolie! Y-you can stop shaking me now!" she objects, gathering herself back together and looking down and immediately re-collecting her robes with flushed skin, hoping nobody recognized the uniform as Senketsu (and, by extension, Sarah as a terrible weeaboo).

AProcrastinatingWriter wrote:"Guardians for life, man!" he turned to Sarah. " You've never heard of this? Come on, what kind of childhood did you have?"
"And to answer your question, I'm 15! How am I supposed to know about something from the 90s? I was barely even alive during the 90s!" she sighs and folds her arms. "At the very least I know to never press the green button on this thing," she says, referencing her sheath. "Apparently it just fires amnesia. I guess that might be useful somewhere down the line?"

meta:
I'll take the magic point, thank you!

Last edited by maswoon on Mon Oct 14, 2013 10:37 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : dear god in heaven code fail)
maswoon
Very Important Pony
Very Important Pony

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Copper Rose on Mon Oct 14, 2013 11:39 pm

Thalia continues in the same direction, ignoring the fact that a few members of the group are being left behind.
Copper Rose
Epic Pwny

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Draco12387 on Tue Oct 15, 2013 12:06 am

DerouX quickly catches up to Thalia. "So, uh, do you want to talk a little? It seems like we're going to be stuck on the internet for a while together, maybe we should get to know each other?"
Draco12387
Background Pony
Background Pony

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Copper Rose on Tue Oct 15, 2013 12:14 am

Thalia shoves her half-empty beer bottle at DerouX. "I'd rather you get to know the bottom of this beer bottle. Hope you make some pretty babies with her."
Copper Rose
Epic Pwny

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Draco12387 on Tue Oct 15, 2013 12:16 am

Deroux takes the bottle of beer, drinks it, then mopes, holding onto the empty bottle. Then, feeling the alcohol effect him again, and not wanting to seem like a sloppy drunk in front of Thalia, he tries to dispel his drunkeness again.

Spoiler:
Roll of 29 to arcana to dispel drunkeness with 3.5 drinks in system, roll reduces number of drinks in system to 1.

After he tries that, his head clears, and he resolves to wait a bit until Thalia seems more approachable before pursuing her again.
Draco12387
Background Pony
Background Pony

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Copper Rose on Tue Oct 15, 2013 1:44 am

"Wow, Loverboy, you may be a lightweight, but you sober up fast. Teach me your trick sometime, would you?"
Copper Rose
Epic Pwny

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Linear Analysis on Tue Oct 15, 2013 1:45 am

Jonny just lets out a sigh of relief.

"Well, looks like you managed to handle it, Mister Woolie. Well done!"

AProcrastinatingWriter wrote:"Oh, DUDE!" Woolie practically shouted, turning around and wearing the biggest grin on his face, the first one any of them had seen. "Reboot was the sickest show, dude! That's my childhood right there! Look," he pointed to his hat, revealing a tiny detail - a Guardian Icon pin near its wide brim. "Guardians for life, man!"
Jonny can't help but grin a bit

"Okay, that's an incredibly awesome pin, and I need to give the Guardians credit, but at the same time, I think the Renegades might've been more useful in general. Bob always seemed to work on the borderline of things, so it's hard to credit him either way. And Hexadecimal, being the whole 'registered system program but still a virus' thing... the plot got a little weird by the end there. I still need to get around to watching all the movies, though."

maswoon wrote:"And to answer your question, I'm 15! How am I supposed to know about something from the 90s? I was barely even alive during the 90s!" she sighs and folds her arms. "At the very least I know to never press the green button on this thing," she says, referencing her sheath. "Apparently it just fires amnesia. I guess that might be useful somewhere down the line?"
"To be fair, they only recently released the DVD set. I got lucky enough to get one of the pre-order ones with a screwed up second disc. I am never destroying that disc."

He just gives her a curious look.

"Okay, I guess that makes sense. So what do the OTHER buttons do?"

Linear Analysis
Very Important Pony
Very Important Pony

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  maswoon on Tue Oct 15, 2013 2:26 am

Linear Analysis wrote:"To be fair, they only recently released the DVD set. I got lucky enough to get one of the pre-order ones with a screwed up second disc. I am never destroying that disc."
She'd call him obsessive but she was totally the same way about a lot of anime.

Linear Analysis wrote:"Okay, I guess that makes sense. So what do the OTHER buttons do?"
"UH," Sarah stammers. She flushed, then responded, "Things. I forgot what was going on after I pushed the green button, a-and I pushed it first."

Meeeeeetaaaaaa:
1d20- 9 + 10 Persuasion = 19 Persuasion vs. whatever Jonny's perception will be.
maswoon
Very Important Pony
Very Important Pony

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Linear Analysis on Tue Oct 15, 2013 2:37 am

Meta of the Tronic:
Perception base of 7. Geez, I'm hurting for a 12 or higher. Let's see the video bonus question! Or just poke Random.org. ...a 3.

Jonny ponders that for a moment and just shrugs it off.

"Whatever Miss Sarah. So, should we get going following Miss Thalia and Mister Gus and... umm... That fellow with the frenchy cooking name? Something about a roux. At this point sticking together is probably our best form of security. Heaven Help Us."

He really doesn't manage to keep his exasperation out of that last comment.

Linear Analysis
Very Important Pony
Very Important Pony

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  maswoon on Tue Oct 15, 2013 2:45 am

She sighs, but nods. "I trust them about as far as I can throw them," Sarah says, echoing the exasperation in his voice.

She motions him to follow, and begins trailing the group a good distance behind. Didn't want anything to do with the catgirl.

"So, what's your story? We probably ought to know each other if we're going to be stuck in here for so long!" she asks, trying to maintain her chipper attitude in the stress of being placed in such a jarringly new situation and then suddenly developing amnesia. That sheath might be more trouble than it's worth if the other buttons were time bombs. Who's to say the green one was the only one with potentially adverse effects? What if the black button didn't always summon Oblivion and could instead summon... a missile or something? I probably should have tested that, Sarah admits to herself.
maswoon
Very Important Pony
Very Important Pony

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  AProcrastinatingWriter on Tue Oct 15, 2013 3:00 am

The resident man in green scoffed as Sarah's proclamation of age, turning to catch up with the rest of the group.

Linear Analysis wrote:
"Okay, that's an incredibly awesome pin, and I need to give the Guardians credit, but at the same time, I think the Renegades might've been more useful in general. Bob always seemed to work on the borderline of things, so it's hard to credit him either way. And Hexadecimal, being the whole 'registered system program but still a virus' thing... the plot got a little weird by the end there. I still need to get around to watching all the movies, though."
"What, are you kidding me?" Woolie asked, walking along with the rest of the group."The renegades were hype, don't get me wrong, but the thing is..." he trailed off. "The thing is..."

He paused in his step for a few moments.

"...I can't remember,"
he said. "I've...forgotten almost all about it. I know that I like it, I know that it's awesome, but..." he put a hand to his head. "Alright, this is actually kind of starting to get to me. I have to get to that town, fast."
AProcrastinatingWriter

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Linear Analysis on Tue Oct 15, 2013 3:37 am

maswoon wrote:She motions him to follow, and begins trailing the group a good distance behind. Didn't want anything to do with the catgirl.
"So, what's your story? We probably ought to know each other if we're going to be stuck in here for so long!"
"Honestly I'm still on the fence about trusting ANY of you, but at this point the simple answer is that we don't have much of a choice."

Jonny shrugs, falling into step behind Sarah and Woolie. He gives Woolie a nod at his distress.

"Yeah.. Sorry. Not much I can suggest there. My story is pretty boring. I'm an IT helpdesk geek and I want to make videogames. But if I had the necessary skills I'd already have something done rather than a dozen or so pieces of half formed code that keep throwing errors at me. Since we're 'in' the internet, maybe that means I have more skill with security checks and fixing stuff? Of course it looks like Mister Woolie managed to knock the amnesia out of you, so at this point my skills might be exactly as low as they are in reality."

He shrugs.

"I really hope things stay kind of quiet. If we are trapped in Facebook of all places it's amazing we haven't run into any Bots, Worms, or Data Scrapers. Don't know how well armed we are. At least you have your amnesia cannon, and have learned the vital lesson about which end to point at the enemy."

He scratches his neck distractedly.

"Of course a forgetful enemy may not be less inclined to kill us."

Linear Analysis
Very Important Pony
Very Important Pony

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  maswoon on Tue Oct 15, 2013 3:50 am

Sarah bit her lower lip. That was probably why she had appeared with the capacity to make weapons. But why, oh why do they all have to be references! Someone will get at least one of them and then it'll get on the internet and aaaaah I can't think about that right now

"Y-you think we'll run into hostility? On Faceboo- now that I say it, I sound ridiculous. Of course we're going to run into hostility on Facebook. It's Facebook. I mean, come on," Sarah says with a light chortle.

"Well, as for me, I'm a B-average high school freshman in the swim team. I don't really use the internet much outside of Facebook-" liar "-so I'm not entirely sure what we could do to help our problems," she pauses slightly, and jokes, "hope it doesn't just fire amnesia. That wouldn't be too useful."
maswoon
Very Important Pony
Very Important Pony

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  AProcrastinatingWriter on Tue Oct 15, 2013 3:56 am

"I do remember I grew up in Grenada gathering coconuts," Woolie said after a brief shake of his head, rejoining the conversation at large. "Made a decent living that way. gathering them up. Then I went to, uh, college in America for art, met some good people, got out of college, got a..." he closed his eyes and sighed, "Really, really crappy job...ugh...then one of my friends hit it big on Youtube! And he and this other dude eventually let me come along for the ride after a couple season's worth of videos, so I quit that crappy job and now I'm generally happier and more financially, you know, financially secure when, of course, dark lords of pain aren't being summoned in Matt's basement. Again." He thought for a moment. "There's probably more to it than that, but I, I, I just can't remember, so that's all you're getting for now." He shrugged.

Another pause.

"I like video games."
AProcrastinatingWriter

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Zarhon on Tue Oct 15, 2013 6:01 am

"I'm retired and too old to be dealing with any of this kid tomfoolery. That, and me and technology don't see eye-to-eye very well, if all of this is any indication. That about covers the relevant details I think, unless you want my life story too. I didn't even start with all this internet stuff till about a week ago. Speaking of which, I'm hungry, and my tea's running out. Let's go find something to eat. Those villages would be a good start.", Gus says, walking towards the nearer of the villages at a energy-conserving pace. "And what's with those things up there? Can one of you flying teenagers bring one of those over so we can get a good look? Huh, flying teenagers. Not a word you'd expect to say as part of a conversation."

Perception:
Inspecting the village(s), when we get to it, or from here. Also checking out the "Facebook comments" for any that might belong to Gus's family members.

Perception
10 + 10 = 20
Zarhon
Smile Smile Smile
Smile Smile Smile

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  kajisora on Tue Oct 15, 2013 6:10 am

Kaji lands and joins the rest of the group.
"Sweet! This body actually comes with riftstalker abilities!"
She sighs
"That almost makes the gender change worth it....
Introductions! Right! University student in my 20s. Did AI for a while, then moved over to Engineering.
As for internet knowledge... I've done a bit of gaming, watched some anime. Not all...that familiar with Facebook to be honest.
This body was my avatar in the last MMO I played. I quit when I left high school. Abilities should be something in the neighborhood of teleportation and general survivability. I've only tried the teleport so far, and luckily I seem to be resistant to fall damage. I'm not an expert fighter, but I hope my avatar will know what to do if we do run into trouble."
"So, we're investigating that village? Might as well trust each other for now. Not like we have a lot of choice."
kajisora
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Linear Analysis on Tue Oct 15, 2013 10:20 am

AProcrastinatingWriter wrote: "Really, really crappy job...ugh...then one of my friends hit it big on Youtube!..."I like video games."
"You guys let's play? Or do you do skits or something? Either way, it's great when you manage to start making money doing something you enjoy. Especially when it gives you a greater degree of freedom."

kajisora wrote:"So, we're investigating that village? Might as well trust each other for now. Not like we have a lot of choice."
"That about sums up the logic about approaching an unknown town. If we knew more, we might be avoiding the places."

He shakes his head with a bitter smile.

"Eh, enough whining from me. Doom and gloom has its place, but aware paranoia keeps you alive."

Zarhon wrote:"And what's with those things up there? Can one of you flying teenagers bring one of those over so we can get a good look? Huh, flying teenagers. Not a word you'd expect to say as part of a conversation."
"I don't think any of us were actually planning to be airborne. I... can give it a try. Can't say I really like flying. I hate heights."

Jonny sighs a bit, looking up... At least it's not like he has to dodge through any trees or anything. He kicks off the ground and resolutely makes a point to not look down as he approaches the Comment Clouds.

Meta:
Pretty sure there's nothing to roll just yet, but I'll make a Precision check to, you know, not rocket into a solid comment. 19 and 3 for rolls, obviously taking the 19, yay aerial ace!

Linear Analysis
Very Important Pony
Very Important Pony

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Lapis-Lazily on Tue Oct 15, 2013 12:12 pm

Gus is unable to read any comments from here, but he does manage to get a look at the town. It looks like a suburban area, but something is off about it. It doesn't look like any people are around, at least they're not visible from here, though he can't see the whole town.

Jonny, from his vantage point in the air, is able to read some of the comments. Largely, they're inconsequential, a witty remark here, a poignant complaint there, but they all seem to have a lot of likes.

Overworked Designer
Overworked Designer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Zarhon on Tue Oct 15, 2013 12:24 pm

"Huh, looks like an ordinary creepy ghost town. Might be for the best, considering I left my wallet in my other pants. Do any of you have any money with you? I don't think there are any edible things to forage for around here, and since there ain't no such thing as a free lunch, we may have to loot something. Or rely on some form social. Not that I expect any to be offered.", Gus rants, continuing to the town.
Zarhon
Smile Smile Smile
Smile Smile Smile

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 28 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 16 ... 28  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top