Pony Tales: Aspirations of Harmony
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Adventures in Saint-Trotez - Backstage (OOC 2: OOC Harder)

+4
Quietkal
Colter Bolt
LoganAura
Paper Shadow
8 posters

Page 9 of 15 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 15  Next

Go down

Adventures in Saint-Trotez - Backstage (OOC 2: OOC Harder) - Page 9 Empty Re: Adventures in Saint-Trotez - Backstage (OOC 2: OOC Harder)

Post  Paper Shadow Fri Dec 13, 2013 11:55 am

I didn't send anything to Logan. If you want me to say things, I will, but frankly IC dragon knowledge is lacking in the pony world, so the stuff you read might be fictional...
Paper Shadow
Paper Shadow
Smile Like You Mean It
Smile Like You Mean It

Back to top Go down

Adventures in Saint-Trotez - Backstage (OOC 2: OOC Harder) - Page 9 Empty Re: Adventures in Saint-Trotez - Backstage (OOC 2: OOC Harder)

Post  LoganAura Fri Dec 13, 2013 12:08 pm

So it's either a lack of information, or possibly false stuff.
I'd prefer a lack so we don't have misinformation.
LoganAura
LoganAura
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Fri Dec 13, 2013 1:37 pm

LoganAura wrote:I don't think that, just that Snarl's a nerd.

Sure, which is why he kept referencing the book while talking to us, especially in regard to dragon behavior.

Paper Shadow wrote:but frankly IC dragon knowledge is lacking in the pony world, so the stuff you read might be fictional...

EXACTLY. That's why he's acting like a stereotypical dragon! (To some extent) Because his source was written by ponies for an image of a stereotypical dragon.
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Back to top Go down

Post  LoganAura Fri Dec 13, 2013 1:50 pm

I tend to read books while talking to people, especially if they interrupt me while I was reading it. Snarl doesn't quite seem like he's trying-too-hard. Especially since he's had notes in the entirety of the O&O manual.
LoganAura
LoganAura
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Fri Dec 13, 2013 2:24 pm

A few notes in the manual maybe, but a lot of notes and musings on the dragons. Besides, you can't exactly read an RPG manual like a book.

Look, this argument is going nowhere. Does anyone else get the feeling, or am I just completely off the mark?
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  LoganAura Fri Dec 13, 2013 3:13 pm

Fury wrote:Besides, you can't exactly read an RPG manual like a book.

You kind of can.

Fury wrote: Does anyone else get the feeling, or am I just completely off the mark?

Thing is he's shown enough dragon-ness compared to, say, Dragonshy and Dragonquest, that he seems reasonably normal for MLP's sake. I don't really see what you're seeing.
LoganAura
LoganAura
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Fri Dec 13, 2013 3:32 pm

LoganAura wrote:Thing is he's shown enough dragon-ness compared to, say, Dragonshy and Dragonquest, that he seems reasonably normal for MLP's sake.  I don't really see what you're seeing.

THE FACT THAT HE KEPT REFERING TO THE BOOK BEFORE MAKING ANSWERS!

I'VE ALREADY SAID WHAT I'M SEEING!
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  LoganAura Fri Dec 13, 2013 3:39 pm

And I'm saying it looked to me more like he was just reading.

Edit: All right, I'm sorry that you seem to be getting annoyed. I'm trying to explain my own reasoning.
LoganAura
LoganAura
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Fri Dec 13, 2013 3:59 pm

Yes well. I understand your reasoning, and I DISAGREE.

And I also know that the argument is GOING NOWHERE as I said SEVERAL posts back.

Now lets just drop it until others add input, okay?
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  Paper Shadow Thu Dec 19, 2013 10:36 am

Is Colta Bolta on Christmas Birthday Vacation?
Paper Shadow
Paper Shadow
Smile Like You Mean It
Smile Like You Mean It

Back to top Go down

Post  tygerburningbright Thu Dec 19, 2013 4:56 pm

likely
tygerburningbright
tygerburningbright

Back to top Go down

Post  Paper Shadow Thu Dec 19, 2013 6:19 pm

tygerburningbright wrote:likely
Bugger. I wanted to do a roleplay thing with him. I guess I can do it when he comes back...

I shall update when I wake up...
Paper Shadow
Paper Shadow
Smile Like You Mean It
Smile Like You Mean It

Back to top Go down

Post  Paper Shadow Wed Jan 01, 2014 7:26 am

Fury of the Tempest wrote:(Wonder where and if Storm Blade's suggestion will come into play)
Suggestion? Could you jog my memory please?
Paper Shadow
Paper Shadow
Smile Like You Mean It
Smile Like You Mean It

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Wed Jan 01, 2014 12:18 pm

He made a suggestion to Golden Wall, that Necar and Aces High can be hired as stand in/unofficial guards for big events like the Halloween museum thing. Which Necar at least, has accepted.
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  Paper Shadow Sat Jan 04, 2014 9:02 am

Okay, episode over, pretty much. Before I start the next one, I will like you guys to pick up your new items. You all gain 1000 Gold, so your Gold Total is 5500...
Paper Shadow
Paper Shadow
Smile Like You Mean It
Smile Like You Mean It

Back to top Go down

Post  LoganAura Tue Jan 07, 2014 4:56 pm

What's the updated prep time for my shadow thing?
LoganAura
LoganAura
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Tue Jan 07, 2014 4:58 pm

Middle of the day... but people would be asleep? Shouldn't that be middle of the night?
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  Paper Shadow Tue Jan 07, 2014 5:00 pm

Fury of the Tempest wrote:Middle of the day... but people would be asleep? Shouldn't that be middle of the night?
Paper Shadow wrote:The city of Saint-Trotez is an unusual one. While it might not appear to be special on face value, the ponies within the city, be they residents or tourists, choose to sleep during the day, and live during the night, with the streets illuminated with thousands of lights. The reason for this is that Saint-Trotez's night-life is highly regarded as one of the best in the world, with festivities and events happening almost every night, celebrities coming from all over the land visiting the city to preform, and an atmosphere like no other.
Paper Shadow
Paper Shadow
Smile Like You Mean It
Smile Like You Mean It

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Tue Jan 07, 2014 5:05 pm

Oooooooh.

beat

hmmm... I can't say I like the idea of Storm being fully nocturnal, but at the same time, that seems to be the best sleeping pattern for a guard... though I suppose guards are needed even when the streets are empty... and they'll probably be less guards so perhaps Storm prefers to guard in the day, confident the increased number of guards during the night will keep ponies safe...
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  LoganAura Tue Jan 07, 2014 9:37 pm

So, what's the prep time for my shadow thing again? It'll help me decide how my post'll go.
LoganAura
LoganAura
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Paper Shadow Wed Jan 08, 2014 3:47 am

LoganAura wrote:So, what's the prep time for my shadow thing again? It'll help me decide how my post'll go.
I can't remember exactly since you gained a bit more drained magic now, but it's either an extended rest or an hour now...
Paper Shadow
Paper Shadow
Smile Like You Mean It
Smile Like You Mean It

Back to top Go down

Post  LoganAura Wed Jan 08, 2014 2:11 pm

It was an extended rest last time, so an hour seems like what it'd end up being. Sweet!
LoganAura
LoganAura
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Paper Shadow Wed Jan 08, 2014 2:29 pm

Fury of the Tempest wrote:Oooooooh.

beat

hmmm... I can't say I like the idea of Storm being fully nocturnal, but at the same time, that seems to be the best sleeping pattern for a guard... though I suppose guards are needed even when the streets are empty... and they'll probably be less guards so perhaps Storm prefers to guard in the day, confident the increased number of guards during the night will keep ponies safe...
Problem is, in that case, you will be asleep during a huge amount of future episodes, so that's a bad idea...

LoganAura wrote:It was an extended rest last time, so an hour seems like what it'd end up being. Sweet!
The cost of "Magic Drained" (which is my abstracted number to know how much magic you've stolen and high arcane rolls you've made) to shorten the prep time increases. So your first roll (which resulted was good enough to get three points, which both unlocked the ability to turn it off (but taking a whole day to do that) for 10 points and then decrease the prep time to an Extended Rest with a total of 30 points. To decrease it to an hour, you'll need 60 points overall, so I need to compare the first roll to the last one (and even then, I'll need to consider that you only drained for 6 seconds because you were in combat and that's how long a round is). I think it's still an extended rest, but I will make up so maths to check...

For future reference*, your next milestone after that is 100 points, which reduces it to 30 minutes. Then the following:
150 Points - 15 Minutes
210 Points - 10 Minutes
280 Points - 5 Minutes
360 Points - 1 Minute
450 Points - At-Will

* Subject to change...

Colter Bolt wrote:Not expecting anypony to come during the day, Necrar was meditating in his skeletal form. At the sound of the knock, he lit his eyes and summoned his disguise. "Who is it?" He shouted out.
Your disguise takes 5 minutes to summon. It's not immediate. Are you sure you wish to continue with this action?
Paper Shadow
Paper Shadow
Smile Like You Mean It
Smile Like You Mean It

Back to top Go down

Post  LoganAura Wed Jan 08, 2014 3:48 pm

Can I say that those numbers seem extremely random since you say I gained three points, but then you say I gained ten, then 30 points?
LoganAura
LoganAura
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Paper Shadow Wed Jan 08, 2014 4:20 pm

LoganAura wrote:Can I say that those numbers seem extremely random since you say I gained three points, but then you say I gained ten, then 30 points?
Oh, right. Let me explain. Before I decided to tell you how many points you had, you had 3 points. The first milestone (Day Long Prep Time) was 1 point, while the second (Extended Rest Prep Time) was 3 points as well. When I decided to allow you to have a tally of points you have so I know where to find it for quick reference, I multiplied the number and all the milestones by 10 to make it look more meaningful, so you had a total of 30 points, the first milestone was 10 points, and the second milestone was 30 points...
Paper Shadow
Paper Shadow
Smile Like You Mean It
Smile Like You Mean It

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 15 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 15  Next