Pony Tales: Aspirations of Harmony
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My Little Wuxia: A Canter-Kong Wedding

+3
Curunir
LoganAura
Pingcode
7 posters

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

My Little Wuxia: A Canter-Kong Wedding - Page 3 Empty Re: My Little Wuxia: A Canter-Kong Wedding

Post  conantheghost Sat Nov 02, 2013 3:41 am

"Oh, please be okay! I have no idea where those rocks came from, I swear!" Marshal leans in to hear what she says, putting his neck out, and ear near her muzzle.
conantheghost
conantheghost
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Back to top Go down

My Little Wuxia: A Canter-Kong Wedding - Page 3 Empty Re: My Little Wuxia: A Canter-Kong Wedding

Post  Lapis-Lazily Sat Nov 02, 2013 3:44 am

"You're really gullible," she whispers as she punches him in the gut lightly and stands up. "Next time, don't put rocks in your pie!" she yells as she heads off into the city, following the others. "Time to beat some creeps."
Lapis-Lazily
Lapis-Lazily
Overworked Designer
Overworked Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  conantheghost Sat Nov 02, 2013 3:47 am

Marhsal shakes off the punch and gallps after her. "Alright, but I swear I didn' put that there... Let's show these things what Equestrians are made of! My stock is full, and so's my stomach, let's get ready to cake!"
conantheghost
conantheghost
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Back to top Go down

Post  Pingcode Thu Nov 14, 2013 1:15 am

Crack! The third changeling goes flying, spinning head over hooves through the air and crashing into a cabbage cart. The cart creaks and collapses gratifyingly a moment later.

"Plowclaw! What are you doing here?" "Did Old Mrs. Foghorn finally find a reason to have you evicted?" ask Rocker and Snowpea, the relief obvious in their voices as they take the breather.

Elsewhere in the market targets abound - a quick headcount leaves at least two dozen to go. The fight is running high right now, you still have the initiative.

Spoiler:
Pingcode
Pingcode
Technical Administrator
Technical Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Lapis-Lazily Thu Nov 14, 2013 1:27 am

When Whisper sees the devastation outside, she leaps into action.
This is a nightmare. I'm going to have to think big, try something particularly clever. Maybe I can amplify my... aha! That's it. Hope Changelings like sonic blasts!
Whisper turns back to Marshall.
"You might want to plug your ears, pal."
Before the pony can respond, Whisper stops running, braces herself, and with horn aglow unleashes a devastating shriek amplified to intense volume which creates a sonic wave blasting right for a group of changelings.
Spoiler:
Lapis-Lazily
Lapis-Lazily
Overworked Designer
Overworked Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  LoganAura Thu Nov 14, 2013 1:30 am

The unicorn blinked, looking at the multiple changelings outside of the store with a heavy sigh, tossing the cups and other assorted things he had brought out into the air with his magic and pulling out his fan. Uncle jumped up against the wall of the store and hopped into the air in a quick spiral. With careful leaps he dive kicked right into the head of one of the changelings, slamming them into the ground before firing a burst of magic towards another, sending the changling crashing into an apple cart before he jumped back up onto another carriage with a smile.

Rolls:
LoganAura
LoganAura
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Linear Analysis Thu Nov 14, 2013 2:11 am

Pingcode wrote:Crack! The third changeling goes flying, spinning head over hooves through the air and crashing into a cabbage cart. The cart creaks and collapses gratifyingly a moment later.

"Plowclaw! What are you doing here?" "Did Old Mrs. Foghorn finally find a reason to have you evicted?" ask Rocker and Snowpea, the relief obvious in their voices as they take the breather.

Elsewhere in the market targets abound - a quick headcount leaves at least two dozen to go. The fight is running high right now, you still have the initiative.

Spoiler:
Plow can't hold a laugh back at that comment.

"Not yet, but I don't think she'll be too happy with me if I don't stop by to help out. And what do you think I'm doing? I'm kicking jerk plot and feeling good about it! Great way to burn some time before the next Fight Club meeting, right?"

His smile falters for a moment as he remembers-

"Right. Nevermind, I didn't say that. Rule One."

He coughs and his grin resumes.

"Hang on a sec."

He heads for a nearby abandoned cart, moving around it, and applies a little brute force to the load bearer.

HEAVE:

HMPH! Alright, one more shot. HEAVE!

Stupid! Heavy! MOVE!:

He manages to flip the cart up onto its side, and braces his shoulder against it, pushing it up to where Snowpea and Rocker are.

"Phew. I'm just having all kindsa trouble getting things done today. You guys take whatever break you think you need, I-"

He looks back at the cafe smiling as he sees the other ponies throwing themselves into the fighting.

"WE, are going to try to ease up some pressure. We cleared out the Cafe over there, but the ponies in there could probably use the morale boost of some real guards showing up when you have the chance."

With that, the griffon flaps his way into the air, engaging the nearest skybound changling with a surprise attack from Lucy.

Blindsides attack:

It's almost funny when the changeling goes into a crash spiral into another fruit stand. Isn't it a bit early in the season for watermelons?

Plow has to ponder that for a moment.

"Hey! Guys!"

He addresses the guards with his usual formality.

"If I wanted to pick up some fruits and veggies, should I leave the bits on the stand, or, like, pay you guys? It's kinda hard to tell who was running which stall right now."

Last edited by Linear Analysis on Thu Nov 14, 2013 4:55 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : maaath)

Linear Analysis
Very Important Pony
Very Important Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Curunir Thu Nov 14, 2013 2:34 am

"Yep... definitely looks like some sort of full-scale invasion."

Cast Dice skidded to a halt as Whisper rushed past her and unleashed some sort of deafening sonic attack.

"Ah well"  she muttered as she lost momentum.  "If I'm going to participate in a Glorious Charge I might as well do it properly."

She grabbed the remains of the cabbage cart, and quickly fashioned a wooden suit of armour emblazoned with a crowned eagle.  Taking two of the remaining planks and fashioning some feathers (from a nearby... pillow stall?), fashioning a pair of vertical "wings" to the outfit.  A final plank she strapped horizontally, creating a lance.  

She nodded in approval at her creation.

"Alright now we're talking"

"Dla Przyjaźni, Królowa, i Kraj! For Friendship, Princess, and Country!"

And she dashed forward once again, chasing down any foes in her path- if her lance missed, she would trample them underhoof.  The feathered planks rattled and whooshed frightfully as she ran- if anypony was left who wasn't deafened by Whisper's noise.

Rolls:
Curunir
Curunir
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

http://turtlgandalf.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  conantheghost Fri Nov 15, 2013 7:56 pm

Marshal spies several changelings in the air, ready to descend on innocent ponies and combatants alike, and decides to meet them up there. He leaps onto one of the many flagpoles displaying the standards that so often dot the city, and on the day of the wedding positivly cover it, and uses it to swing high into the air. His hoof contacts with a changeling midair, and he uses its mass to bounce back to the building he came from.

Grabbing onto another horizontal pole, he starts spinning around to gain momentum. A single changeling charges at him, but with a subtle shift towards his center of rotation the earth pony speeds of considerably and the bug misses him on the upswing.

On the downswing, Marhsal unfurls himelf and he collides full-body with the stunned bug, sending it hurling to the ground and cracking the stone of the street.

"I don't usually like using my body as a weapon," he says after he dismounts, "but you guys need to be taken down a notch. Now lets see if there are any bakeries nearby, I need some ammo..."

Wushu:
conantheghost
conantheghost
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Back to top Go down

Post  Kenzamaka Sat Nov 16, 2013 8:10 pm

As he sees the mass of changelings, La Viento falters for a second. However, he quickly shakes his head, rearing up and crunching his forehooves together. "So, you all want to play? Well this is no game! La Viento will not hold back on you, so run while you can!"

The pegasus leaps forward, grabbing the nearest changeling by the midsection and flying up into the air. He grins over to Custard as his opponent squirms in his grasp. "Hey, amigo! Instead of tossing your pies, try this!"

He flies towards the group of flying changelings, tucking into an aileron roll after he builds up speed. He releases the changeling in his hooves, sending it slamming into another. Both of them fall to the ground.

Mashu Rolls:
Kenzamaka
Kenzamaka
Cutie Mark Crusader
Cutie Mark Crusader

Back to top Go down

Post  conantheghost Sat Nov 16, 2013 9:27 pm

"Did you see a single pie in that, big pony? No? Thought not. With all respects, you couldn't take one of my pies, good sir," Marshal says calmly as he pies a passing changeling in the face. "Some may or may not also be laced with sedatives, so i doubt you would want to."
conantheghost
conantheghost
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Back to top Go down

Post  Pingcode Tue Nov 19, 2013 6:23 am

Wham! Crack! Pow! Changelings go flying as our heroes lay into them - hoof, piledriver, lance, claw... tiny black forms fly everywhere, up, down, back, forwards, into windows, into carts. Their day only gets worse as Whispersong belts out a shriek the likes of which would later be banned by city ordinance.

Changelings scream noiselessly as they're swept away by the blast, nearby guards covering their ears as the wave passes them. Their ranks are rapidly thinning, and even trying to leverage numbers in detail the guardsponies are quickly rallying, seeing the changelings founder against the newcomers' combination of armour, reflexes, and simply not being there when they kicked.

Rocker grins. "With a performance like that, I'm sure they'll forgive you." "Ye- Whooph!"

All of a sudden, a jet black blur goes past, far faster than any pony could go, vaulting over carts, and making a line for the scaffolds, leaping three floors on gossamer wings and scrambling up the decks. For the slightest moment, Plowclaw catches a glimpse of something golden, clutched tightly in its teeth. It takes only a split second for Uncle to retrace the blur's steps - it came from the direction of the palace. Realisation dawns for many of the others soon afterwards.

Pingcode
Pingcode
Technical Administrator
Technical Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  LoganAura Tue Nov 19, 2013 1:37 pm

Uncle's eyes dart around, calling out. "Everyone with wings, go after that blur! It came from the Palace so it might've gotten something from there!" The unicorn grabbed a couple of fruit from the stand, smashing a watermelon carefully and creating a slippery spot as a sort of trap for his opponents. Uncle then tossed a durian in his magic hard into another changeling's face, and hid a hard, small fruit to counter one of the Changeling's next attacks.

Rolls:
LoganAura
LoganAura
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Lapis-Lazily Tue Nov 19, 2013 1:52 pm

Whisper looks around desperately. Ugh, that's not going to work more than once. I've got to find something, quick. Maybe if I... yes, the fruit cart!

Whisper dashes over to a fruit cart and pushes it into changeling, running as fast as she can. She keeps going, barreling through another changeling before jumping away from the cart as it keeps going and ducking behind a fruit stand, eyes watchful for any threats.

Spoiler:
Lapis-Lazily
Lapis-Lazily
Overworked Designer
Overworked Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  Curunir Tue Nov 19, 2013 3:35 pm

Cast dice continued to try to run her foes down, sending them flying, bouncing off of her lance and armour ash she plowed through them.

"Hussah" she shouted as strongly as she could.

Having lost momentum again, she took her "lance"-plank and began wielding it as a quarterstaff, spinning and striking at the still numerous enemies.  

"wings" still rattling from her maneuvers (though some of the feathers were already flying off around her), she reared up, then struck the ground again and pawed at it as she circled in place, looking around as though threatening to charge the first changeling that came at her next.  

Spoiler:
Curunir
Curunir
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

http://turtlgandalf.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  conantheghost Tue Nov 19, 2013 7:57 pm

Seeing the blur up high, Marshal at least decides to get a better look, even if he can't catch whatever it was. He hitches a ride on a nearby changeling to do so.

And by that the author means jumping into the air to grab a large changeling buzzing overhead and landing on its back, then directing it upward to get to the top of the building. He jumps off as soon as it starts stalling to land on the roof, sending his ride careening into another bug, taking them both out in the process and landing him safe atop the building, away from the fight.

And then, for good measure, he tosses a pie at the one changeling that decides to follow him up, which explodes in horrifying deliciousness on contact. Turning from that, he tries to spot where the blur is going.

Wushu:
conantheghost
conantheghost
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Back to top Go down

Post  Linear Analysis Wed Nov 20, 2013 3:17 am

Plow manages a surprised blink at the blur before getting spurred on.

LoganAura wrote:Uncle's eyes dart around, calling out. "Everyone with wings, go after that blur! It came from the Palace so it might've gotten something from there!"
"Okay, I was gonna go anyway. You're always supposed to go after messengers in raids."

Plow moves into a calculated dive, trying to get ahead of the Mysterious Changeling(?) to cut him...her... them off.

Athletic airtime:

"'Scuse me!"

Plowclaw drops into an entirely out of practice kata his eagle claws extended along the ground towards the charger and back arched in a cat-like stretch.
The Lion Greets The Day.

Does he remember this right...?:

"Gonna need to ask you to STOP."

Lucy is swung inwards to get grabbed by the other claw, and brought up in a vertical clothesline (Hammer-handle-line?) against the changeling with a flap of Plow's wings.
The Emperor Ascends. Minus the claws and the bleeding.

KABONG:

Linear Analysis
Very Important Pony
Very Important Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Kenzamaka Wed Nov 20, 2013 9:51 pm

Viento doesn't even hear Uncle's call. All he hears is the ringside announcer in his head.

"A Flying Clothesline! Viento hits the mark, down goes The Bug! Wait what's he doing?! OH NO, NOT THE TABLE! He just sent that poor guy RIGHT through that table! That's gonna hurt in the morning! But he's not done yet! It looks like he's not gonna stop until he's the last pony standing!"

Of course, nopony else can hear this as Viento stands in the wreckage of the wooden table. He's got a few scrapes on him, but nothing serious. He rears up, pounding his chest with a hoof. "COME ON! Who else wants to face the Wind of Destruction?!"

Mashu:
Kenzamaka
Kenzamaka
Cutie Mark Crusader
Cutie Mark Crusader

Back to top Go down

Post  Pingcode Mon Nov 25, 2013 11:47 am

"Hiss-wuph!" gasps the changeling as Viento lifts it and smashes it into a table. It creaks for a moment and collapses. Not far away, the changelings are starting to give Cast Dice a healthy gap, circling around to wait for an opportunity - only for a speeding fruit cart collect them all and crush them into a wagonload of watermelons. One pops its head up out of the pile and lowers its head to blast, only to discover a new kind of juicy green-with-red-flesh fruit helmet on its head.

Plowclaw soars like the wind, very nearly outpacing the streak of black and gold that is the changeling, swinging around onto the scaffold and cutting off the changeling. It skids to a halt, and as he brings up his hammer he can clearly see the creature, a sleek black pony clad in polished chitin, a segmented golden peytral studded with a single large gem in the shape of a lightning bolt. It's obvious looking at this one that it seems a lot better fed than Arthropos before - its carapace is glossy, its fangs gleaming, its monochrome eyes bright and alert. Any suspicions are confirmed when he swings, the creature deftly ducking under his attack and pressing both hooves against his chest. "And I'm going to have to ask you to GO!" It shoves hard, sending Plowclaw stumbling backwards and almost off the platform, where a length of thick wood breaks itself in half over his head, courtesy of a grinning changeling behind him.

"I'd love to stay and chat but duty calls!"

Custard lands in time to watch the Loyalty-toting changeling push off with the room, and scramble up a nearby ladder to dive into an open window.

Pingcode
Pingcode
Technical Administrator
Technical Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  LoganAura Mon Nov 25, 2013 1:39 pm

Brushing himself off and coughing, Uncle looks up and catches sight of the porcelain dishes and platter he had tossed into the air earlier, he smirks, carefully manuvering himself so a changeling walks right under it trying to attack him, watching with a laugh as the platter drops first, then the sugar bowl, tea cups- all easily shattering over the changeling's head, before Uncle grabs the teapot and takes a sip. "Heh, you really should watch more than me." Uncle goes to toss the pot at the back of a changeling's head, but it seems to have heard him and turns to dodge it beforehoof. "Shoot." Uncle's horn flashes as he grabs his fan again, spinning it around him to deflect any blows from the changelings that come his way.

Spoiler:
LoganAura
LoganAura
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Linear Analysis Mon Nov 25, 2013 3:25 pm

"Whoa!"

Plow is surprised at the quick moving changeling, and almost laughs, right before taking a board across the head. He pauses for a moment as the Loyalty Changeling heads up the ladder.

Well groomed, fast, duty bound. ♫Important♪

He favors the changeling behind him with a mildly annoyed look. Right before the entire world seems to swim. Ooog.

Okay, that hurt worse than I thought.

Endurance:

He grunts and pulls himself up, sprinting after the Loyalty Changeling. Time to go hunting! Plow races up the ladder and through the window, not trying to stop, just to keep up with the changeling and follow. Which is probably going to be harder than it sounds.

HUNT:

Linear Analysis
Very Important Pony
Very Important Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Pingcode Mon Nov 25, 2013 7:56 pm

The first thing Plowclaw notices when he dives into the studio apartment is a strange ozone smell. The second thing he notices is the changeling swinging around with an enormous cannon - almost like a party cannon, but shaped for chitin and far less enjoyable for many involved - and a pressing need to be anywhere but here right this instant. The creature's glee is palpable as its horn glows, and the cannon's depths hum ominously green.

Time seems to slow down...

Pingcode
Pingcode
Technical Administrator
Technical Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Linear Analysis Mon Nov 25, 2013 8:18 pm

Pingcode wrote:The first thing Plowclaw notices when he dives into the studio apartment is a strange ozone smell. The second thing he notices is the changeling swinging around with an enormous cannon - almost like a party cannon, but shaped for chitin and far less enjoyable for many involved - and a pressing need to be anywhere but here right this instant. The creature's glee is palpable as its horn glows, and the cannon's depths hum ominously green.

Time seems to slow down...
Thump

Plowclaw's mind doesn't go frenetic in fear. If anything, it brings up old instincts and training from days long past, ones that he thought he'd never need again.

Thump

In a raid, you hit the targets hard. If you don't have a target, make a mess. If you get hurt, get out of the way. Messengers are always targets. Leaders are always targets. Anything short range gets hit in quick shots. Anything long range gets mauled at close range.

His wings flare.

Thump

Cannon = Long Range. Close the gap.

His adrenaline surges into a vicious pounce into the changeling... and probably through the wall as he puts on a burst of speed he hasn't made much use of in recent years. His wings are probably going to be sore after this. And the scaffolding might not be standing. But there's not going to be much either the changeling or he will be able to do to control this.

The sound barrier breaks.

The griffon strikes.

Lucy is left behind.

Guile's Theme goes with everything:

Linear Analysis
Very Important Pony
Very Important Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Lapis-Lazily Mon Nov 25, 2013 10:43 pm

Whisper stands up on a street cart and speaks to the remaining changelings, amplifying her voice slightly with audiomancy. "Alright you little creeps, listen up. We've got you beat. You don't have many options left. Now, there are a few things you can do though. You can try to run, and we'll catch you. You can try to fight, and we'll beat you. Or, you can give up, lay down, and let us tie you up. I for one, prefer the last option. A lot less effort on our part, and a whole lot less pain on yours. But, if you continue to resist, I might have to yell again, and if your friends are any indication, things aren't pretty when I yell. So, let's just make this easy, shall we?"
Lapis-Lazily
Lapis-Lazily
Overworked Designer
Overworked Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  Pingcode Mon Nov 25, 2013 10:59 pm

The changeling's smug expression holds for just an instant, as it fires the cannon. A brilliant beam of green energy flies past the griffon's shoulder, and it promptly vanishes. There's a deafening roar, and the building shudders as Plowclaw smashes a changeling through it at four times escape velocity, leaving behind a neat tunnel and a long streak through several blocks before coming to a halt in a sizeable crater.

For a moment, it seems like the changeling is dead, its once-polished carapace scuffed and cracked from the impact, before it coughs a little, trying in futility to hold on to the element of loyalty in one fore-pastern as it slips out and falls beside it. "Curse... you... griffon..." it groans, obviously having difficulty speaking.

The buildings behind them shudder, and slowly come to pieces, towers and rooms breaking apart as ponies scramble to adjacent rooms and jump to other buildings. At least one pony opts to jump out a window and gets an unimpressed look from a nearby pegasus guard when he's caught. The scaffolding creaks, and falls forwards onto the marketplace, shattering into pieces right around Whispersong.

The changelings take one look at the city blocks levelled, another at the guards gradually surrounding them, and promptly opt to surrender.
Pingcode
Pingcode
Technical Administrator
Technical Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next