You're welcome! ^_^
Flutterknight
Background Pony
Background Pony

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Flutterknight's Pony Tales Art Thread

Post  Flutterknight on Sat Jul 28, 2012 1:19 pm

I'm planning on doing a group image next, but I was wondering if there's a link around to the character sheets or something else I could use as a reference for what each party member wears/uses on a regular basis that might be appropriate for an image like that.
Flutterknight
Background Pony
Background Pony

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Masterweaver on Sat Jul 28, 2012 1:21 pm

Is that my request you're working on?
Masterweaver
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Flutterknight on Sat Jul 28, 2012 1:39 pm

Masterweaver wrote:Is that my request you're working on?

Not yet, I want to get a group image of the party done first, now that I've actually gotten the individual images done, but I'm going to start on yours soon. I've never done an actual group image before, so starting with something I already have some experience with and references for sounded like a good idea before trying to do one where I have nothing but some text description to work from. ^_^
Flutterknight
Background Pony
Background Pony

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Stairc -Dan Felder on Sun Jul 29, 2012 5:33 am

Great to hear Flutterknight, and I think all their character sheets are in the Player's Handbook sample characters. Let me know if any are missing. If you want to get some more campaign-focused work done too, before tackling the huge list of as-yet-unpolished Rod of Wonder effects, let me know. There's been some amazing scenes in the party's campaign that we'd love to see you bring to life.
Stairc -Dan Felder
Lead Designer
Lead Designer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Flutterknight on Sun Jul 29, 2012 2:51 pm

Stairc -Dan Felder wrote:Great to hear Flutterknight, and I think all their character sheets are in the Player's Handbook sample characters. Let me know if any are missing. If you want to get some more campaign-focused work done too, before tackling the huge list of as-yet-unpolished Rod of Wonder effects, let me know. There's been some amazing scenes in the party's campaign that we'd love to see you bring to life.

I'll have to look for those. If you want to send me some scenes (with as much detail as possible, ideally, vague is hard to work with), go for it, I'll see what I can do. ^_^
Flutterknight
Background Pony
Background Pony

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Stairc -Dan Felder on Sun Jul 29, 2012 5:04 pm

Flutterknight wrote:
Stairc -Dan Felder wrote:Great to hear Flutterknight, and I think all their character sheets are in the Player's Handbook sample characters. Let me know if any are missing. If you want to get some more campaign-focused work done too, before tackling the huge list of as-yet-unpolished Rod of Wonder effects, let me know. There's been some amazing scenes in the party's campaign that we'd love to see you bring to life.

I'll have to look for those. If you want to send me some scenes (with as much detail as possible, ideally, vague is hard to work with), go for it, I'll see what I can do. ^_^

Excellent, I'd be happy to. Busy atm but I'll get you some prompts soon - probably mention it to my players too. Cool
Stairc -Dan Felder
Lead Designer
Lead Designer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Flutterknight on Sun Jul 29, 2012 5:45 pm

Stairc -Dan Felder wrote:
Flutterknight wrote:

Excellent, I'd be happy to. Busy atm but I'll get you some prompts soon - probably mention it to my players too. Cool

^_^

Edit: Speaking of scenes, is there a convenient location I can find the write ups for your campaign at?
Flutterknight
Background Pony
Background Pony

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Oblivious on Mon Jul 30, 2012 1:44 am

Not quite. We have session summaries, but there's not a spot where they are all posted conveniently, unless you're on our Google Docs group for the link to the folder. We should remedy that.
Oblivious

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Flutterknight on Mon Jul 30, 2012 1:51 am

Oblivious wrote:Not quite. We have session summaries, but there's not a spot where they are all posted conveniently, unless you're on our Google Docs group for the link to the folder. We should remedy that.

That would be nice. I really enjoy reading those, but I doubt the old post from a few weeks ago on FiD is getting updated, and it stopped right before the session where something important apparently happens to Heat Wave. ^_^
Flutterknight
Background Pony
Background Pony

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Oblivious on Mon Jul 30, 2012 2:06 am

Didn't remedy that yet, but for the time being, I sent you the links to the sessions via PM. Gotta learn how to do stuff on this forum so I can be a proper mod. In any case, we'll get the summary thing sorted out.
Oblivious

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Flutterknight on Mon Jul 30, 2012 2:09 am

Oblivious wrote:Didn't remedy that yet, but for the time being, I sent you the links to the sessions via PM. Gotta learn how to do stuff on this forum so I can be a proper mod. In any case, we'll get the summary thing sorted out.

Thank you! ^_^

(It occurs to me that we really need some pony emoticons up in here. =3)
Flutterknight
Background Pony
Background Pony

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Oblivious on Mon Jul 30, 2012 2:18 am

You're probably right, but one thing at a time. Also, I do have a suggestion for the group pic; however, I can't make it until after you read the session summaries. You probably won't be able to do it, but it's still a great idea for art.
Oblivious

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Flutterknight on Mon Jul 30, 2012 2:52 am

Oblivious wrote:You're probably right, but one thing at a time. Also, I do have a suggestion for the group pic; however, I can't make it until after you read the session summaries. You probably won't be able to do it, but it's still a great idea for art.

I just read them, so fire away. ^_^
Flutterknight
Background Pony
Background Pony

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Oblivious on Mon Jul 30, 2012 4:46 am

Gotta quote Karilyn directly on this one, straight from the FiD comment section...
"So we're all in agreement right? Inky and her partner Stylus are going to be the mothers for their Nightmare foal, and love her and hug her. Soaring Song is going to sing her lullabies every night, after Uncle Alcazar has scared away all the monsters from under her bed* and Auntie Starlight has told her a bedtime story.

And Uncle Scrapper's going to handcraft all her toys for her, and Pristine Page will bandage any of her boo-boos she gets at playtime. And we'll all shoo Heat Wave away when she tries to teach our foal how to set things on fire, because Auntie Heat Wave is a bad influence, but she's still part of the family.

Vote for Inky Quills for Queen of the Nightmares! This advertisement has been sponsored by Team Reprobate; busy saving the world in a morally questionable way!"

*"Alcaaaazar... Alcaaaazar... I'm haunting you!" "Not now Ghost Charming Waltz, you're going to scare our foal."

There are other ideas we have for group pictures, but I can't think of anything more completely involving the group than this.
Oblivious

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Flutterknight on Mon Jul 30, 2012 12:19 pm

Oblivious wrote:Gotta quote Karilyn directly on this one, straight from the FiD comment section...
"So we're all in agreement right? Inky and her partner Stylus are going to be the mothers for their Nightmare foal, and love her and hug her. Soaring Song is going to sing her lullabies every night, after Uncle Alcazar has scared away all the monsters from under her bed* and Auntie Starlight has told her a bedtime story.

And Uncle Scrapper's going to handcraft all her toys for her, and Pristine Page will bandage any of her boo-boos she gets at playtime. And we'll all shoo Heat Wave away when she tries to teach our foal how to set things on fire, because Auntie Heat Wave is a bad influence, but she's still part of the family.

Vote for Inky Quills for Queen of the Nightmares! This advertisement has been sponsored by Team Reprobate; busy saving the world in a morally questionable way!"

*"Alcaaaazar... Alcaaaazar... I'm haunting you!" "Not now Ghost Charming Waltz, you're going to scare our foal."

There are other ideas we have for group pictures, but I can't think of anything more completely involving the group than this.

I'm not sure how well I'll be able to do that, but I have to try. It's just too good. XD
Flutterknight
Background Pony
Background Pony

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Oblivious on Mon Jul 30, 2012 1:55 pm

Glad we agree. Anything I can do to help you with this suggestion or any that we actually decide on, let me know. You've only to ask.
Oblivious

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Stairc -Dan Felder on Tue Jul 31, 2012 3:23 pm

I heartily endorse this idea. It sounds adorable. I love how the group is planning to handle having the child of the lord of nightmares by sharing the magic of friendship and harmony.

Also, if you want an 'easier' group scene - Scrapper running into an arena where Soaring Song and Inky Quills are fighting against a Pony in guard armor, two similarly attired pegasai and a black donkey and a tan donkey with roman helmets on... All looking rather shocked at the pink elephant that has suddenly crashed down on top of them. The enemies have the elephant of course. Scrapper's "Tons of Fun" effect. Wink
Stairc -Dan Felder
Lead Designer
Lead Designer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Flutterknight on Wed Aug 01, 2012 2:15 am

The first thing I'm working on is a very basic desktop background with busts of the original 4 party members and some nice fancy title text or something while I try to come up with scenery for the other various group image ideas, because scenery is one of the absolute hardest things for me to do so far. Once I come up with a basic sketch for any of the other group shots, I'll be starting on them too. I've done almost no art with more than one pony at a time before, so I'm definitely trying to work my way up to a serious group illustration. ^_^

Edit: Here's a little preview of the group background: http://sta.sh/024lo8db3rpo
Flutterknight
Background Pony
Background Pony

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Stairc -Dan Felder on Wed Aug 01, 2012 2:51 pm

Very cool. I look forward to seeing the completed work.
Stairc -Dan Felder
Lead Designer
Lead Designer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Oblivious on Sat Aug 04, 2012 3:03 am

Am liking the preview. Can't wait to see the finished product.
Oblivious

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum