Pony Tales: Aspirations of Harmony
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Adventures in Saint-Trotez - On Set (Episode 6)

+3
tygerburningbright
Paper Shadow
Colter Bolt
7 posters

Page 5 of 19 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 12 ... 19  Next

Go down

Adventures in Saint-Trotez - On Set (Episode 6) - Page 5 Empty Re: Adventures in Saint-Trotez - On Set (Episode 6)

Post  Paper Shadow Sat Nov 16, 2013 2:57 am

Colter Bolt wrote:
Spoiler:
"At the end of the day, a pony is just a pony and I am a dragon." Snarl grins a self-indulgent grin. "But your offer still interests me. Tell me, why should I accept this offer when I can get the nearby town to just give me all they have?"
Paper Shadow
Paper Shadow
Smile Like You Mean It
Smile Like You Mean It

Back to top Go down

Adventures in Saint-Trotez - On Set (Episode 6) - Page 5 Empty Re: Adventures in Saint-Trotez - On Set (Episode 6)

Post  Fury of the Tempest Sat Nov 16, 2013 10:30 am

'Its not Snarl I'm worried about. Its the ponies of the town... and Highwind. Storm Blade said, resisting the temptation to roll his eyes at Snarl's response, somehow muttering across the mental channel. 'Last I checked ponies beat dragons in that game... Anyway. Necar, I think its best to go with my suggestion. We need to show him the potential power of ponies, and with him being as small as he is, I believe we'll be able to give him quite a fight'
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Back to top Go down

Post  LoganAura Sat Nov 16, 2013 11:11 am

Snipe decides to speak up himself this time. "Er, pardon me for interrupting, but there's a lot of ponies in the town, and a lot of soldiers. And well, unlike us the pony who muted him-" Snipe flaps his wings and points over to Storm Blade. "Well... He wants to chop down half of the forest and replace your cave with a statue for himself with the wood after beating all the kobloids and you, not that I expect, or even freaking want, him to succeed or anything." Snipe coughs, a bit put out visibly at the thought of Highland. "But he's got this massive ego and a drive to match."

"Then again, that might mean Highland won't swerve from his plans unless the dragon is 'beaten.'... "
LoganAura
LoganAura
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Colter Bolt Sat Nov 16, 2013 3:47 pm

"And if you try to force the town to give you the gems, because they won't do it willingly, then that pony will gather all he can to fight you. While you are a dragon, you are a small, young dragon, and the army the pony raises will beat you. If you join, then the battle is won before it is even fought." If he continues to refuse, then I will challenge him to a duel. For now, I will attempt to 'beat' his resolve that he must fight the town.
Colter Bolt
Colter Bolt
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Paper Shadow Sat Nov 16, 2013 5:12 pm

"And you think don't think that me and the kobolds will win this battle, do you?"
Paper Shadow
Paper Shadow
Smile Like You Mean It
Smile Like You Mean It

Back to top Go down

Post  Colter Bolt Sat Nov 16, 2013 5:29 pm

"No, unfortunately I am sure you will lose. If you want to continue down this path, then I must ask, and I really hoped to avoid this, for a little duel. You and four of your best fighters against me and mine. If we win, then you will exist peacefully here. If you win, then I will let you walk down this path."
Colter Bolt
Colter Bolt
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Paper Shadow Sat Nov 16, 2013 5:51 pm

(You and your four? Aren't you forgetting about a certain kobold?)

Snarl merely breaks into laughter...
Paper Shadow
Paper Shadow
Smile Like You Mean It
Smile Like You Mean It

Back to top Go down

Post  LoganAura Sat Nov 16, 2013 5:59 pm

Snipe glares at Snarl softly, before looking at the others. "Sorry."

"I thought you were a dragon, not a chicken."
LoganAura
LoganAura
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Paper Shadow Sat Nov 16, 2013 6:06 pm

The dragon stops laughing and begins to gradually crawl over his hoard to the party, grabbing magical trinkets as he goes. "I am a dragon," Snarl, well, snarls, "And you are out of your depth."

(You guys may want to start rolling initiative and what things you are taking into combat now...)
Paper Shadow
Paper Shadow
Smile Like You Mean It
Smile Like You Mean It

Back to top Go down

Post  LoganAura Sat Nov 16, 2013 6:16 pm

"I'm hearing a lot of talking coming from you, draggy." Snipe flaps his wings, visibly nervous now. "And no real action. Reading an "Oubliettes and Ogres" monster manual? I wouldn't be surprised if you're all talk and you're here because you got booted away for being a 'geek' or something." Snipe fidgets back and forth, ducking beside Necrar for a moment in worry and summoning a hooffull of shadows again.

Combat stuff!:
LoganAura
LoganAura
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Colter Bolt Sat Nov 16, 2013 6:59 pm

((Necrar has no reason to believe Undergrowth will side with him.)

Necrar places a bright green rune shaped like an arrow on the ground to his left, and a pile of spike chains to his right. The shadow of a pegasus mare grows from the rune, covered in smaller versions of the rune, while the shadow of a earth pony stallion fills out the chains. "I really didn't want to do this, but you left me no choice."
Spoiler:

Last edited by Colter Bolt on Sun Nov 17, 2013 12:48 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Fleshing out the shadows)
Colter Bolt
Colter Bolt
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  tygerburningbright Sat Nov 16, 2013 11:36 pm

"This one's still young right? Looks like everyone was worked up for nothing." Sparks readies himself and his swords.

combat:
tygerburningbright
tygerburningbright

Back to top Go down

Post  Paper Shadow Sun Nov 17, 2013 3:15 am

Colter Bolt wrote:((Necrar has no reason to believe Undergrowth will side with him.)
Well, I'll suggest someone finds some reason that Undergrowth sides with the party, before the dragon considers drafting the kobold for his. Or the kobold does his own thing and stabs you guys in the back anyway...

P.S. Thanks for changing the name post-thread split...
Paper Shadow
Paper Shadow
Smile Like You Mean It
Smile Like You Mean It

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Sun Nov 17, 2013 10:42 am

'Personally, I don't even think he was raised with dragons' Storm Blade said, as he activated the newest addition to his armour. The enchantment allowing him to summon forth his new and improved storm shield out right at the battle. The pegasus sure that he would be able to face the dragon head on and take the attacks meant for others. 'Snipe may think of him as a geek or something. But I think he's using the book to reassure himself on what dragon's actually do. When we win this, I think we should question him further on this'

Init & Moves:
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  AProcrastinatingWriter Mon Nov 18, 2013 4:28 am

"Guess it's time to add 'fighting a dragon' to my resume," Aces quips as his arm begins whirring. "Here's hopign tha' the Styx River's looking for some new ferrymen."

Spoiler:
AProcrastinatingWriter
AProcrastinatingWriter

Back to top Go down

Post  Quietkal Mon Nov 18, 2013 4:48 pm

Undergrowth quickly scampers away from the party, as snakes slither out from his pack and move towards the party, hidden by the hoard.
Stuff:
Quietkal
Quietkal
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  Paper Shadow Mon Nov 18, 2013 4:53 pm

"Just as I expected from ponies," comments Snarl. "Calls for an equal battle, and then summons minions so you have the number advantage. No matter, I'll take you all down."

Initiative Order:
Undergrowth
Snipe, Aces High, Necrar
Snarl
Sparks, Storm Blade
Snarl

(Undergrowth's turn...)
Paper Shadow
Paper Shadow
Smile Like You Mean It
Smile Like You Mean It

Back to top Go down

Post  Quietkal Mon Nov 18, 2013 4:59 pm

Undergrowth puts a scaly knee to the floor and starts muttering to himself. Wisps of light green magic spark off him periodically.
Stuff:
Quietkal
Quietkal
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  LoganAura Mon Nov 18, 2013 5:11 pm

Snipe glances over to undergrowth and flies between the kobloid and the dragon just in case, the black shadows surrounding his hoof spiralling up it as he points at the dragon the shadows scatter from his hoof, forming the shape of a single barrel sniper rifle with scope, and all the fixings. The sniper holds the gun in his hoof for a moment, before quickly taking aim at the dragon and firing straight at Snarl's claws.

Combat Stuff:
Status.:
LoganAura
LoganAura
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Paper Shadow Mon Nov 18, 2013 5:26 pm

LoganAura wrote:
Combat Stuff:
Status.:
(Snake Trap Interrupt)

Before you manage to get your shot off, the snakes the kobold secretly released manage to leap at you, impressively reaching you and biting you for the second time today. The jolt of pain causes your shot to miss while the venom causes you to suffer. Once they land on the ground again, they slither back into Undergrowth's barrel...

(Shadowbolt Single Shot cancelled (you keep the pips))
(Snipe suffers Enhanced Poison until the end of his next turn (You can not gain HP, and when you would normally gain HP, you lose that much HP instead))
(Undergrowth's Snake Trap is gone)

(Also, you can, but I don't think you can identify what the magical items do with Perception. That'll require Arcana...)
Paper Shadow
Paper Shadow
Smile Like You Mean It
Smile Like You Mean It

Back to top Go down

Post  AProcrastinatingWriter Mon Nov 18, 2013 6:41 pm

Aces whistled, a high-pitched noise designed to get the dragon's attention. "Hey, Mr. Snarl, you migh' wan' to take a look a' this..."

This said, Aces raised his eyepatch, revealing once more the gem in his eye. "Treasure. You wan' i'?" The gem began glowing, motes of magical energy floating off of it. "I wonder wha' you really wan'..."

Spoiler:
AProcrastinatingWriter
AProcrastinatingWriter

Back to top Go down

Post  Colter Bolt Mon Nov 18, 2013 9:10 pm

"Have you forgotten already, you arrogant whelp? I am no pony. Why, in other places, I was a god." Necrar says, taking his wand out from his cloak. "And you are below me." Two bolts of darkness shoot out from the wand, hitting Snarl and Undergrowth. The Abysmal Mare stretches a hoof out, runes glowing and surrounding Necrar, while the Abysmal Stallion unleashes all his chains on the kobold.
Actions:
Colter Bolt
Colter Bolt
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Quietkal Mon Nov 18, 2013 10:07 pm

Undergrowth manages to continue his muttered chant, and surprisingly doesn't look too damaged by the bolt of darkness or the searing chains.
Stuff:
Quietkal
Quietkal
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  Paper Shadow Tue Nov 19, 2013 1:54 am

Snarl shakes his head as Aces confuses him, but manages to shrug it off. The dragon resists part of the shadow bolt and heals off most of whatever damage it managed to do as he chucks some sort of red gem onto the ground. The gem begins to radiate immense heat which causes the party to sweat...

(Snarl is no long confused)
(Snarl creates a Fire Ruby)
(As long as the Fire Ruby remains in combat, enemies of the Fire Ruby roll twice on Saving Throws and take the lowest result)

Initiative Order:
Undergrowth
Snipe, Aces High, Necrar
Snarl, Fire Ruby
Sparks, Storm Blade
Snarl

(Sparks' and Storm's turn...)
Paper Shadow
Paper Shadow
Smile Like You Mean It
Smile Like You Mean It

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Tue Nov 19, 2013 2:19 am

Storm Blade frowned at how the moves and abilities of his comrades where shrugged off by the dragon. Admittedly it was only the opening moves of combat, and the attacks thusfar had been rather minor. It was still a little disheartening to see everything thrown off. Deciding to test Snarl's defenses, the pegasus guard threw his shield at the dragon's head. It was only a glancing blow though, and was unlikely to do much damage. Then again, the main purpose was to disorient and weaken him, as well as gain more information about their enemy. As the shield returned to him, a small bolt of lighting zipped out and tapped Necar, marking him. Not only was he their healer, but he was also the leader in this little act, so it made sense to make sure he was most protected

Turn + Status:
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 19 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 12 ... 19  Next