Pony Tales: Aspirations of Harmony
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Dream Team - Backstage (OOC)

+7
Crystalite
mjh6
Zarhon
Xel Unknown
Lapis-Lazily
Brony 7 of 9
Paper Shadow
11 posters

Page 2 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

The Dream Team - Backstage (OOC) - Page 2 Empty Re: The Dream Team - Backstage (OOC)

Post  Crystalite Sat Dec 07, 2013 4:25 pm

Good sir! You appear to be short a combat talent.

Also wondering. How shall 6 semi GMs agree on Smarty Pants' personality? Or should I solely be responsible for him?
Crystalite
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

Back to top Go down

The Dream Team - Backstage (OOC) - Page 2 Empty Re: The Dream Team - Backstage (OOC)

Post  Fury of the Tempest Sat Dec 07, 2013 4:31 pm

Ah, I don't need any more combat talents
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Back to top Go down

Post  Paper Shadow Sat Dec 07, 2013 5:26 pm

Zarhon wrote:Hm... I've got a (very, very goofy) character that might fit this campaign: Quartz Brittlebane.

Note: His sheet is months old and was originally meant for a campaign that never took off - it needs updating or a number of reworks, so I will probably change some of his stuff - consider the above link just an idea of what the character would be like. He might be a bit 'too much' for some people. How goofy/rule-of-fun-abusing can our characters be?

My only reservations on joining is the DMing aspect, namely, the expectation of making something out of scratch and it not sucking (I tend to have a sort of 'tunnel vision' when it comes to creativity sometimes). I'd probably have to see how the setting 'looks' first, and how it's expected to be played, before I could safely make a mini-campaign.

I do have a rather unhinged, semi-goofy, semi-dark crossover (something likely nobody will recognize/know as it's VERY obscure) in mind though, which could fit for a dream-scapade (or more accurately, a 'scary nightmare'), but it needs to be fleshed out in details and such.

On the subject of the campaigns: How far on the "PC threat/risk" and "insane/chaotic/pinkie pie" can we make the campaigns/dreams? Anything goes, or...?
Big post, okay dokey. Character is character, yes. The game isn't too serious, but since others will be your GM and Players, anything you do could come back to you. That goes for anyone else, although it's all in good fun and not spite...

Personally, I feel episodes should be low or low/mid lethality, depending on the dream (read: not non-leathal). Basically, if you wish to tell a story, low, but if you are going for big fights, low/mid. That said, dying in this campaign doesn't mean the character is gone. Dying in your deams doesn't mean dying in reality (well, for this campaign at least), so if you do kick the bucket for whatever reason, don't feel too bad for it. As for insanity of the dream, well, it's a dream, but I will say that it should have some ground, enough so that the creature dreaming the dream doesn't realise it's dreaming. Unless you want lucid dream madness, but that will never end well. Not sure about darkness, but done right it should be fine...

Fury of the Tempest wrote:Well, here's Storm Blade. Bio isn't that important, is it?
I'm pretty sure it is the most important part, obviously. Nah, it's all good, but it's always nice to get some maybe...

Crystalite wrote:Also wondering. How shall 6 semi GMs agree on Smarty Pants' personality? Or should I solely be responsible for him?
Hadn't thought of that. You can give a small bio on he's personality and the GMs will act as that. Alternatively, his personality could change from dream to dream. That'd be funny. Ultimately, it's your choice...

At the end of the day for all questions, as long as the group is happy with what you do or plan on doing, I'm happy...
Paper Shadow
Paper Shadow
Smile Like You Mean It
Smile Like You Mean It

Back to top Go down

Post  Crystalite Sat Dec 07, 2013 11:54 pm

Paper Shadow wrote:
Crystalite wrote:Also wondering. How shall 6 semi GMs agree on Smarty Pants' personality? Or should I solely be responsible for him?
Hadn't thought of that. You can give a small bio on he's personality and the GMs will act as that. Alternatively, his personality could change from dream to dream. That'd be funny. Ultimately, it's your choice...

At the end of the day for all questions, as long as the group is happy with what you do or plan on doing, I'm happy...
I shall add something to my character sheet. But much like Honey Smiles, he's fairly simple in most respects... I would probably try to leave room for interpretation.

EDIT: Done. Not much, but enough, I hope. Text copied here for your convenience:

Spoiler:

Zarhon: Took a closer look at your combat build. Might I suggest fitting in Wild Abandon? I've played it before, and while it is risky it's also very high return with Taunting Strike. Here's how I would build it, personally:

Build:

Tactics:
Crystalite
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

Back to top Go down

Post  Zarhon Sun Dec 08, 2013 10:45 pm

I'll consider the combat stuff. Altering my sheet to be more athletics focused, still got a bunch to do. Gonna put it all up on a entirely new doc later.

A few questions:

1) How would Honey Stick's Element of Laughter be realized? It could get cumbersome to make a laughter table per person. Shall there be a "joint" table to use? Or just limit the options to say 10-20 random things?

2) Are we using any additional rules, like the Grapple Rules (by Hayate), or the Talent Specialization (by Philadelphus)?

3) Can we have any "starting" common or personal items/belongings/heirlooms, considering it's a dream world adventure?

Last edited by Zarhon on Sun Dec 08, 2013 10:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
Zarhon
Zarhon
Smile Smile Smile
Smile Smile Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Sun Dec 08, 2013 10:57 pm

Wait, are we using the old elements?
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  Zarhon Sun Dec 08, 2013 11:01 pm

Fury of the Tempest wrote:Wait, are we using the old elements?
We're to assume the old rules until we make an agreement (check the previous posts). That probably includes Laughter too, unless we transfer, or if the DMs don't mind it in its non-altered state?
Zarhon
Zarhon
Smile Smile Smile
Smile Smile Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Sun Dec 08, 2013 11:06 pm

Old rules was just the old utility talents system, I swore the element change was universal.
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  Crystalite Sun Dec 08, 2013 11:51 pm

Here's my proposal on Laughter. Why don't we each make up 20-25 results, and send them in to Paper Shadow. He'll pick and choose which ones he thinks are best, maybe add a few of his own, and conglomerate them into one pile. This way, everybody gets to have some degree of personal choice in what I get to suffer through, but everybody will still be using the same universal table.

Everyone EXCEPT me will see this table. I'll still contribute to it, of course; but, I don't wish to see what else is on it until it happens. And since nobody else uses Laughter, it won't matter when it comes around to my turn.

Alternatively, I could pick a different Element; I'm not dead set on Laughter, would merely prefer it.

</2bits>
Crystalite
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Mon Dec 09, 2013 12:05 am

Hell you could try out the newer version of Laughter from the Abilities update thingie: (also the updated versions for Loyalty and Kindness are straight better than the old ones.)

Laughter
You always know when a mind-altering effect is about to happen to you or one of your allies you can see. You also gain the following ability:

Giggle at the Ghostly – Magic
You and up to six visible allies become immune to all mind-affecting effects for the next 10 minutes (this also ends any such effects currently in place). All affected creatures also gain a +2 morale bonus to all skill checks for the duration of this effect.
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

http://us3.herozerogame.com/?resource_request=23219_2_1

Back to top Go down

Post  Zarhon Mon Dec 09, 2013 12:19 am

Finished reworking my character. Introducing the new and improved (?) Quartz Brittlebane.

Any issues with him?
Zarhon
Zarhon
Smile Smile Smile
Smile Smile Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  Doppler Effect Mon Dec 09, 2013 1:54 pm

Zarhon wrote:2) Are we using any additional rules, like the Grapple Rules (by Hayate), or the Talent Specialization (by Philadelphus)?
For a low lethality campaign with two characters having the Derp trait (and a 15% chance of critically failing every skill check), some of the stuff in the Heal Expansion would give us a very useful way to have an appropriate significant negative effect that wouldn't be game-wrecking happen on critical fails.

Doppler Effect
Cutie Mark Crusader
Cutie Mark Crusader

Back to top Go down

Post  Crystalite Tue Dec 10, 2013 1:03 pm

Xel: Less the "attitude" I'm wanting (Generosity or Kindness would work equally well) as much as the inherent, easily justified chaos.
Crystalite
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

Back to top Go down

Post  deonte9109 Tue Dec 10, 2013 1:59 pm

I am still interested in this but am having super writers block on what kind of OC. I would like to say that i can have a sheet soon but I have no idea if it would be today tonight or next month. So in the unlikely chance that you was waiting on me it would probably be best if the game started anyways.
deonte9109
deonte9109
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Paper Shadow Tue Dec 10, 2013 2:30 pm

Zarhon wrote:Finished reworking my character. Introducing the new and improved (?) Quartz Brittlebane.

Any issues with him?
None that I can see with my weary eyes...

Zarhon wrote:1) How would Honey Stick's Element of Laughter be realized? It could get cumbersome to make a laughter table per person. Shall there be a "joint" table to use? Or just limit the options to say 10-20 random things?

2) Are we using any additional rules, like the Grapple Rules (by Hayate), or the Talent Specialization (by Philadelphus)?

3) Can we have any "starting" common or personal items/belongings/heirlooms, considering it's a dream world adventure?
Noooo, not questions...

1). Limit, 100 things is too hard. I've got an idea. I'll have every player submit X suggestions, and craft a table with that. That'll allow randomness but also equality. Or something. Oh, Crystalite had the same idea, okay. I'll start asking when I know a final player count...

2). Group Vote as normal, but for the starter episode I won't be...

3). I'm not sure what you mean by that...

Fury of the Tempest wrote:Old rules was just the old utility talents system, I swore the element change was universal.
The new system is essentially Pony Tales 2nd Edition. All the new rules are their own thing, and the devs won't be updating the current rules. The old elements will remain the same. To be fair, most of the new elements are basically the old elements rearranged anyway. The only one removed is Family, due to the merge of Racial and Utility Talents making it too much like Magic...

Doppler Effect wrote:
Zarhon wrote:2) Are we using any additional rules, like the Grapple Rules (by Hayate), or the Talent Specialization (by Philadelphus)?
For a low lethality campaign with two characters having the Derp trait (and a 15% chance of critically failing every skill check), some of the stuff in the Heal Expansion would give us a very useful way to have an appropriate significant negative effect that wouldn't be game-wrecking happen on critical fails.
Read above response. Generally my Derps are more hilarious than fatal, but some DMs bring the pain on low rolls, so to each their own...

deonte9109 wrote:I am still interested in this but am having super writers block on what kind of OC. I would like to say that i can have a sheet soon but I have no idea if it would be today tonight or next month. So in the unlikely chance that you was waiting on me it would probably be best if the game started anyways.
Okay Dokey. I need to reply to a PM someone sent me a while back, check how many people we have, figure out the groups if I need to, so we won't start soon, but we will start soon-ish. Hopefully by the end of the week, depending on how lazy I am...
Paper Shadow
Paper Shadow
Smile Like You Mean It
Smile Like You Mean It

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Tue Dec 10, 2013 2:39 pm

The only one removed is Family, due to the merge of Racial and Utility Talents making it too much like Magic...

Wait, what? Since when?
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  Paper Shadow Tue Dec 10, 2013 2:51 pm

Fury of the Tempest wrote:
The only one removed is Family, due to the merge of Racial and Utility Talents making it too much like Magic...

Wait, what? Since when?
I could have sworn that happened. I'm sure I heard it. I guess I was wrong. OBVIOUSLY THE INSANITY IS SETTING IN NOW!
Paper Shadow
Paper Shadow
Smile Like You Mean It
Smile Like You Mean It

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Tue Dec 10, 2013 2:53 pm

Paper Shadow wrote:I could have sworn that happened. I'm sure I heard it. I guess I was wrong. OBVIOUSLY THE INSANITY IS SETTING IN NOW!

... How much sleep have you had Paper?
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  Paper Shadow Tue Dec 10, 2013 3:20 pm

Fury of the Tempest wrote:... How much sleep have you had Paper?
I can tell you how much sleep I haven't had...
Paper Shadow
Paper Shadow
Smile Like You Mean It
Smile Like You Mean It

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Tue Dec 10, 2013 3:24 pm

Paper Shadow wrote:

Get some sleep Paper.
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  Paper Shadow Tue Dec 10, 2013 5:08 pm

Fury of the Tempest wrote:
Paper Shadow wrote:

Get some sleep Paper.
BUT I STILL NEED TO REPLY TO MESSAGES!
Paper Shadow
Paper Shadow
Smile Like You Mean It
Smile Like You Mean It

Back to top Go down

Post  Paper Shadow Sat Dec 14, 2013 5:47 pm

The Dream Team currently stands as:
Starsprinkle - Arcane Unicorn with 3 Jinxes
Frost - Mechanics Pegasus with Ice Talents
Sunny Spells - Arcane Unicorn with Weather Crafter
Honey Stick - All-Rounder Earth Pony with Knowledge Companion
Quartz Brittlebane - Athletics Minotaur with Super Brawn!
Storm Blade - All-Rounder Pegasus with Animal Magnetism

Currently, you will be in one party together. If two more people join in the next day or so, then I will split you guys in two in an equal way (so, for example, the two arcane characters are in different groups)...

There is two things I noticed while going over to find sheets though:
Starsprinkle currently has Magecraft, but doesn't have the prerequisite Magical Tricks. You will need to fix that...
Quartz has Imposing. Just to make sure you know, Imposing replaces your Horse-Sense score with Brawn score when you make an intimidation check. It does not allow you to make an Athletics check instead of a Persuasion check when intimidating. You still use Persuasion, using any training and bonuses to it. So at your current build, the benefit you get with Imposing is just +2. Trust me, when I realised that when looking at things I want for my very intimidating dragon character, I was very unimpressed with the talent which I thought would be awesome...

There are a couple of minor things as well mainly caused by the shifting of systems (such as Form of the Avatar being removed as a utility talent and made into a destiny), but those are little things which I don't feel need to be addressed, or can be sorted out between the group...
Paper Shadow
Paper Shadow
Smile Like You Mean It
Smile Like You Mean It

Back to top Go down

Post  Crystalite Sat Dec 14, 2013 8:12 pm

Aaaw, I was really looking forward to using Form of the Avatar...

Pwease let me keep it...
Crystalite
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

Back to top Go down

Post  Zarhon Sat Dec 14, 2013 9:45 pm

Actually, imposing does provide a substantial benefit - it allows me to combo it with "Yee-Haw" (which affects brawn checks, which would include intimidation checks that use brawn) for a whopping +20 bonus.

Although that does seem a bit limiting / wasteful for the nature of that talent... Hm, perhaps "villainous laughter" would be more effective. Terrify would work too, but that version seems plain terrible...

Edit: Actually, I think I'll just take "Illusionary Mask". It fits for a "masked hero" character, and is a much better bonus / benefit / usage in general.
Zarhon
Zarhon
Smile Smile Smile
Smile Smile Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  mjh6 Sat Dec 14, 2013 10:22 pm

Great! I'm excited to get started. Now a bunch of random thoughts:
1.I think I'm dropping the ring of resilience. It was mostly a filler purchase, and I just found a great weapon to save up for down the line, so every bit counts.
2. I'm curious about having epic pwny on a character without a cutie mark. Does it apply to attack the day too, or is Honey sticks going to take it later on?
3. I am completely in favor of having a laughter user on the team, and collaboratively building a chart.  Very Happy Also, I was hoping someone would take dream stride and make an inception reference

so yeah, lets do this bounce
mjh6
mjh6
Newbie Designer
Newbie Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next