Mystery Ahoof

Page 2 of 30 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16 ... 30  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Mystery Ahoof

Post  Lapis-Lazily on Tue Dec 31, 2013 8:27 pm

Stacked Deck carefully makes notes as River speaks. He pays attention to the details and thinks for a moment. "Well, your story seems odd, but I don't think you're lying. Gotta be honest, I was expecting to wait till we got back to the station before we talked about it. I'm still going to have to take you to the station, for your own safety. Whoever killed that stallion may have also tried to kill you. Until we sort this out, I'm putting you under police protection," he says as they near the station.

Suddenly Deck's eyes widen. The note said don't trust anyone who knew her name. That stallion at the bar said he heard her speaking, but River was sure she hadn't been. It was loose, but for now it was the only clue he had without investigating the crime scene. If he let that stallion slip away, it could mean not solving the case. He had to act fast and make sure that he covered every base. "Poe, take River inside. I just realized there's still a lead on this case in that bar, and I'll be damned if I let it slip away. River, stay with Poe. He'll make sure you're safe. I've got to get back to that bar now."

Stacked Deck runs back to the bar at full sprint. When he gets to the door he stops to catch his breath. Once he's ready, he walks into the door and heads to the stallions table. There is an odd crystal mare talking to him, but he ignores her as he approaches the stallion, badge levitating before him. "Hello sir. I'm detective Stacked Deck," hehe, detective. The title still amused him. "Right now, you're the only lead I've got on a case. I need you to come with me to the police station, at once."

Overworked Designer
Overworked Designer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Crystalite on Tue Dec 31, 2013 9:08 pm

River stared as he ran away. "O-okay," she whispered. She felt nervous again. She had come to trust Stacked Deck (although she really didn't know why) and was frightened to see him go. She looked at Poe for reassurance. He looked back, and continued walking. She followed him, unsure of what else to do...
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  sunbeam on Tue Dec 31, 2013 9:29 pm

"They would separate, wouldn't they." Wanderlust said, sighing quietly as the officer dashed past him. He turned around and quickly followed as best he could through the openings in the crowd the harried Unicorn was making. He got back in just in time to slink into the other side of his old booth, where he could watch the bar as Stacked Deck stowed his detective's badge.

OOC:

I at least missed Brass Wing's response to Stacked Deck, I'd say.

Last edited by sunbeam on Sun Jan 26, 2014 4:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
sunbeam
Epic Pwny

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  conantheghost on Tue Dec 31, 2013 11:23 pm

"WOHOHAHA!!!" Brass is almost startled into spilling his drink as the crystal mare almsot glomps him.

"Is this the one, only, and singular Sheerclop Homes???  I'm astounded, shocked, and amazed! And my name is Beams Brightly.  I've read all of the books, I have all of the books.  To see you here before me.  Wow."

She thinks I'm...But wouldn't she know that he's fictional? I mean su- His thoughts stop in their tracks when he sees the police-pony walk in.

"I think you have the wrong pony, Miss. I'm just another bar patron trying to enjoy his day off. No connection to famous fectional detectives, nope, Not me. Oh, hello Officer, what can i do for you?"

Or does he?:
 Daring Do 

"Hello sir. I'm detective Stacked Deck." The introduction seemed a bit smug, but Brass just smiled and nodded. "Right now, you're the only lead I've got on a case. I need you to come with me to the police station, at once."

Turning his hat down a little, Brass frowned at the old shtick. "Sure thing. Glad to halp  any investigation. Sorry my dear, but the good Detective Deck awaits," he says to Beam. "Shall we?"
conantheghost
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Copper Rose on Tue Dec 31, 2013 11:35 pm

Suddenly a stallion at the bar pipes up, probably yelling at the bar tender, and slurring drunkenly. "What'dya mean I can't put an'more on m'tab?" "We only allow a total of 100 Bits to be on any pony's tab at any given time, and you just not only hit your limit, but went over it. I cannot give you any more drinks, or allow you to leave, until you pay for at least half of that." "Well, fine then. I'll ju'have t'pay fer it now..." The stallion reaches for his wallet, then, finding it missing, looks frantically around, but ends up falling off his bar stool. "WHERE THE HAY IS M'WALLET!?!"
Copper Rose
Epic Pwny

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  tygerburningbright on Tue Dec 31, 2013 11:44 pm

Crow pauses in his tracks a short distance outside the bar weighing the individual benefits and problems between looting a corpse or asking for a reward. In a moment he turns around quickly heading back into the bar. "Would there be a reward for finding it?" he blankly asks from just within the door-frame.
tygerburningbright
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Copper Rose on Tue Dec 31, 2013 11:46 pm

"Yeah, sure, y'can have whatever's left in it after I pay what I hav'ta here." The drunk stallion says, still on his back after falling off his stool.
Copper Rose
Epic Pwny

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ZamuelNow on Wed Jan 01, 2014 12:09 am

Realizing what she had done, Beams felt a wave of embarrassment.  While glad she wasn't home, she felt like a fool. "You look just like one of the actors who played Homes.  Sorry to bother, though you might want to try out for a movie role sometime." Quietly slinking back to Silver Lining, she attempted to divert the subject.  "So...do you have any particular job, labor, or employment you engage in?"
ZamuelNow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Paper Shadow on Wed Jan 01, 2014 5:29 am

"I grow plants," answers Silver. "And you?"

Based Emotion Chart:
Paper Shadow
Smile Like You Mean It
Smile Like You Mean It

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ZamuelNow on Wed Jan 01, 2014 12:07 pm

After sipping some of her tomato juice, "I'm a teacher. Wonderful to have a job I'm good at and really enjoy."
ZamuelNow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Paper Shadow on Wed Jan 01, 2014 12:56 pm

"Wow, brains and looks? You're really are something, Beams."

Based Emotion Chart:
Paper Shadow
Smile Like You Mean It
Smile Like You Mean It

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest on Wed Jan 01, 2014 3:33 pm

In a corner of the bar, that was a sky blue pegasus, clad in a white jacket and white cowboy hat. His eyes scanned the area curious, paying attention to all the activities around him with a mild interest. Sipping the glass of water he had as a drink, he wondered what he should do, as he looked for anything... out of place.

Perception:
6+17 = 23
Fury of the Tempest

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Lapis-Lazily on Wed Jan 01, 2014 5:09 pm

Oh great. Some drunk has lost his wallet, but he thinks it's stolen. Well, Stacked Deck had to investigate it a bit. Today was turning from normal to strange incredibly fast. It was all he could do to try and keep up. He turned back to Brass Wing. "You wait right here while I see what's up with this lost wallet. I'll be back in a second."

Deck walks over to the drunk. "Sir, are you absolutely sure you didn't just misplace your wallet? Also, could you give a description of this wallet?"

Overworked Designer
Overworked Designer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  tygerburningbright on Wed Jan 01, 2014 5:48 pm

Crow also heads over to the drunken pony and listens in.
tygerburningbright

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Copper Rose on Wed Jan 01, 2014 6:43 pm

The drunk stallion grunts and stands up, leaning against the bar stool he fell off of. "M'wallet's green with white polkadots, m'niece made it fer me, the cute little thing. She just loves that little mane bow of hers, won't leave it nowhere that she ain't." He blinks, then shakes his head. "Right, m'wallet... I distinctly remember putting it int'm'bag b'fore leaving home, an'obviously m'bag's right here, an'there ain't no wallet, an'I didn't stop anywhere b'fore com'n here, so it must've been stolen!"
Copper Rose
Epic Pwny

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Lapis-Lazily on Wed Jan 01, 2014 7:19 pm

Stacked Deck sighs. At least it's just petty thievery and not something worse. Then again, if Stacked Deck had been in that position... hmm. When he did things like that, he didn't just take one wallet. One wallet isn't worth it. He'd need something of bigger value. There were multiple possibilities. Drunk lost his wallet, that was case 1. Case 2, maybe the drunk's wallet was stolen. Case 3, there was more than one theft in here this afternoon. Case 4, the wallet is but a distraction for a larger crime. In fact... in the distraction caused by this, a pony could easily steal more while the rest of the bar had their eyes elsewhere. It's a classic bait and switch. This could be really bad.

"Alright, listen up. I want you all to check your belongings and make sure nothing was stolen from you. A thief like this rarely steals just one thing. From this point on do not let your belonging out of your sight. Is anyone else missing something?"

Overworked Designer
Overworked Designer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Copper Rose on Wed Jan 01, 2014 9:45 pm

All the ponies in the bar search their belongings, but in general find nothing missing, except for one unicorn mare sitting near Brass Wing. "My wedding ring! It's gone!"

(OOC: congrats, you just double-plotted yourself.)
Copper Rose
Epic Pwny

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Lapis-Lazily on Thu Jan 02, 2014 2:22 am

While being right certainly tickles Stacked Deck's pride, the is joy understandably muted by just what he was right about. First murder, now multiple thefts. Today is definitely not a good day. The next part is what he really doesn't like. A smart thief would be gone by now, but, just in case, protocol demanded he ensure they weren't still here. "Alright everypony. Listen well. We have a thief on the loose. I hate to do this, but from this moment on, this bar is on lock-down. Nopony leaves, nopony enters except police. It will remain this way until either the thief is caught, or we can determine that nopony here is the culprit. I apologize for the inconvenience. If anypony has any information of strange activities or the possible whereabouts of our thief, this will go a whole lot faster. Please remain calm and cooperate so we can eventually send you all home."

Stacked Deck sighs and opens the channel with Poe. "Poe we have a situation back at the bar. Multiple thefts, thief still at large. I'm putting the building on lock-down. Send me some backup in case things get ugly."

Overworked Designer
Overworked Designer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  sunbeam on Thu Jan 02, 2014 2:33 am

Wanderlust shifts in his seat so that he can watch the door.
sunbeam
Epic Pwny

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Copper Rose on Thu Jan 02, 2014 2:55 am

"You sure you're not the thief? Just kidding, I'm on my way. Don't get into too much trouble before I get there."

The ponies in the pub shift restlessly, uncomfortable at the prospect of a thief in their midst. The colts in the corner start crying, as if they've been sent into time-out and don't know why.
Copper Rose
Epic Pwny

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  tygerburningbright on Thu Jan 02, 2014 12:49 pm

Crow shoots the detective a mostly blank glare before looking for anypony that appeared to be less effected than most by the lock down.

roll:
Perception Roll(1d20)+8:
12,+8
Total:20
tygerburningbright

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest on Thu Jan 02, 2014 1:18 pm

Sky Wolf simply raised an eye-ridge when the detective said he was locking down the premise. Sipping his water, the pegasus mulled over the situation carefully. With his sharp eye-sight, he was confident that he would of seen the thief at work.... unless they where very, very good... though at the same time, why would a thief remain around when their is a detective in the house?

"What makes you think that the thief is still here officer?" Sky Wolf said loudly, making sure his voice was heard over the sound of the other ponies. "They could be long-gone by now."
Fury of the Tempest

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Copper Rose on Thu Jan 02, 2014 2:21 pm

Other than the two ponies who already have missing items, nopony seems to be acting out of the ordinary, unless they're drunk and obviously so.
Copper Rose
Epic Pwny

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Lapis-Lazily on Thu Jan 02, 2014 3:34 pm

"This isn't a matter of what I think. A smart thief would be long gone by now, but not every thief is a smart thief. No possibility can be ruled out unless proven wrong. Since I do not know that the thief isn't here, I must act as though they are here while also ensuring that other officers are on the lookout for them. If I don't, and the thief is here, then I'll have let them get away."

Overworked Designer
Overworked Designer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Crystalite on Thu Jan 02, 2014 6:13 pm

((Clearly we are not getting to the police station any time soon. Luckily River is pretty easy to manipulate from my end.))

River continued to follow the police pony down the street. Every so often, she would get another peculiar spasm; her ear would flop over, her tail would twitch, or a joint would shudder; and once again, the little voice would tell her to MOVE! And she would narrowly avoid some minor disaster.

It was starting to grate on her nerves; until she finally resolved NOT to move the next time, just so that Poe would stop wondering how she could react so quickly.

She felt an ache in her shoulder, not unlike when Stacked Deck had walked up behind her. She firmly rooted herself to the spot...

...But nothing happened. Her shoulder continued to ache. She looked around until she looked eyes with a nearby Pegasus, fiddling with a toothpick. He had been watching her! He waved politely with the free hoof.

She panicked. She didn't want to be looked at. She didn't want the attention she was getting! No matter if it was positive (like this Pegasus) or suspicious (as Poe was growing, she felt.)

She waited until Poe turned a corner. She quietly walked a few steps back, and broke into a gallop in the opposite direction.

She ran and ran, not heeding where she was going (but, amazingly, not causing any great disturbance beyond a few stares) until she somehow found herself back at the Juice And Gin. She was in a small yard with a garden, and a wide window allowed patrons in the appropriate corner to look at the flowers. She pressed her nose up to the glass, staring inside at Stacked Deck announcing something she couldn't quite hear. Some pony glanced towards her. She didn't move, despite her shoulder aching once more. The pony started to point at her...
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 30 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16 ... 30  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top