My Little Warehouse

Page 1 of 15 1, 2, 3 ... 8 ... 15  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

My Little Warehouse

Post  Crystalite on Wed Jan 08, 2014 9:22 am

EPISODE 1

((For my own convenience, The OOC Thread.))

It is a beautiful winter day all across Equestria! A fresh blanket of snow greets the dawn, promising delight for ponies of all ages, a day of fun and restfulness.

Regrettably, the denizens of the Warehouse have no such luxury. The Artifacts kept within are always trying to cause mischief; someone must always be on the watch, leaving little time for relaxation. Those not on duty attempt to find some, in spite of the busy hours maintaining the massive house of weirdness.

But alas! You realize relaxation and maintenance both will have to wait when an all-too-familiar voice booms out over the intercom.

"Warehouse Agents, please come up to my office, I think we have a live one," Artesian Maverick states in a slightly excitable tone; understandably so, as those who have been here long enough now it's been several weeks since something came up. Quite unusual. "Sorry Sudsy, you'll have to finish on your own."

A second voice booms out. "I told you Maverick, this is MY job!" Farnsworth's voice echoes out indignantly.
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: My Little Warehouse

Post  tygerburningbright on Wed Jan 08, 2014 10:18 am

Doctor Trotson snaps up the from the nap that he had just started by a fireplace. For a few moments he rather futilely attempts to speak back through the intercom thinking that it actually does go both ways. After a short while he realizes his folly and immediately begins running to Artesian's office.
tygerburningbright
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Lapis-Lazily on Wed Jan 08, 2014 11:51 am

A cloud of ash seeps into the room from the doorway before swirling in front of Maverick as Wraith materializes. "Hello boss!" she says with her characteristic youthful enthusiasm. Her excitement is clear. It has been very boring around the warehouse in the weeks since the last mission. There was only so much to do around there for a little filly, and she wasn't allowed to leave except for missions. So when she heard that something finally came up, she was thrilled. "What's the job today? Is it a haunted one? Oooh, maybe it's a gem of unusual powers! Evil dark Artifact maybe? I'm just so excited! Please, tell me. What is it? I'm dying over here!"

Her last sentence is accompanied by her falling over on purpose and crumbling into a pile of ash. Almost immediately she forms back up laughing.

Overworked Designer
Overworked Designer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Zarhon on Wed Jan 08, 2014 11:58 am

"Finally!", Busker exclaims, relieved. "Any longer shut in here and I'll have forgotten what the sun looks like."

He retrieves his trusty daggers from the extremely perforated metal girder, and dons his busking coat. He then sees Trotson zoom away from the burning fireplace. "Hey, what's the rush, doc? It's not like we'll get grounded if we're late.", he asked, following after him to the boss's office.

At the office, he gives an extremely informal wave to the "boss". "Kid, you are waaaay too enthusiastic about doomsday devices.", he comments at Wraith, chuckling at her pitch-black visual pun.

Then, a thought occurred to him, followed by an amusing realization. "Say, doc, quick question: Don't suppose you recall seeing a chimney outside the Warehouse?"

Last edited by Zarhon on Wed Jan 08, 2014 6:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
Zarhon
Smile Smile Smile
Smile Smile Smile

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  tygerburningbright on Wed Jan 08, 2014 6:10 pm

Trotson blinks a few times and puts his hoof up to his jaw. "No... Please don't make me think too much about it."
tygerburningbright

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Quietkal on Wed Jan 08, 2014 6:51 pm

Wrangles mutters "Bout time," and finishes gently stirring a large iron pot filled with a bubbling stew...despite the fact that there's no fire beneath it. He pulls out the ladle and gives the brew a sniff, taking a small sip before spitting the stuff disgustedly into the drain beneath the pot. "Too salty. Make it again."
He flips a plastic switch over the pot marked "Pinchy's Pot, Most recent request" from "Not salty enough" to "Too salty," as the pot empties the stew into the drain, before starting to slowly fill again. Wrangler smiles and starts toward the main office.
Maintenance wasn't all bad; some of the artifacts were fairly interesting and it's something to do during a slow patch like this, but being out on the hunt makes much better use of Wrangler's skill set.
Too much?:
If that's going too far by creating an artifact, I can cut it out/down. I promise I'm not setting up for something, just thought it'd be neat.
After a bit of traveling the stacks, Wrangler quietly enters Arty's office with a curt nod at those already assembled.
Quietkal
Element of Harmony

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Lapis-Lazily on Wed Jan 08, 2014 7:12 pm

Wraith looks at Busker still smiling. "When you've been stuck here as long as I have there's little else to get excited about. I mean pranks and games are fun and all, but there isn't one that I haven't tried at least a hundred times already. But when Artifacts turn up they're always new and exciting. They never let me keep them as toys, even the ones that actually are toys, but at least I get to see what they do once. Except for the actual doomsday ones. Those I don't get to see even once because then there'd be nothing left. I guess they don't scare me as much as everypony else, but then I'm already dead. I'm undead, sort of, but I'm not mean. I'm fundead! Haven't said that one in a while. The previous director always hated it when I said that one. But then of course he just..." Wraith continues to ramble on energetically.

Overworked Designer
Overworked Designer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Zarhon on Wed Jan 08, 2014 10:12 pm

"What did happen with the 'previous' director? Don't think I was around when he/she was. Or am I better off not knowing?"
Zarhon
Smile Smile Smile
Smile Smile Smile

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Crystalite on Wed Jan 08, 2014 10:36 pm

"Say, doc, quick question: Don't suppose you recall seeing a chimney outside the Warehouse?"

The brown unicorn raised an eyebrow. "Took you long enough to think of it. That's one of Princess Cadence's fireplaces from the Royal Castle. Several of them continued burning normally in spite of clogged chimneys; we replaced them while she was at the Grand Galloping Gala. Luckily she doesn't seem to have noticed."

Maverick watches amused at the filly's excitement as he waits for the remaining agents to file in.

"What did happen with the 'previous' director? Don't think I was around when he/she was. Or am I better off not knowing?"

"Warehouse tradition dictates that you aren't told," he interrupts before Wraith has a chance to answer. "I do believe everyone is here? No? Still need Farnsworth, and the new agent. What's her name again? Gem?"

"Jade. Her name is Terracotta Jade," the dragon pipes up as he comes through the door, an armful of miscellaneous Magitech pieces in tow. He dumps them down on a convenient table and begins to fiddle with them.

((Soon as Curunir posts I'll give you some exposition.))
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Lapis-Lazily on Thu Jan 09, 2014 1:15 am

Wraith makes a slight pout. "I hate that rule. I have so many great stories to tell, and half of them are labeled classified. Though I guess what happened to the last wasn't very great just kind of distur..." she stops as she notices Farnsworth entering the room. Her face alights with glee. She bounds up and hugs him, likely causing him to spill tech on the floor. "Farnsworth! What have you got with you today? Is it something that I can in any way use a toy? I've been so bored lately."

Overworked Designer
Overworked Designer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Curunir on Thu Jan 09, 2014 2:08 am

Terracotta Jade had been outside, putting the finishing touches on the pair of snow sculptures she was making on either side of the Warehouse entrance (A replica of Chineighse Fu Dog statues), when she heard the announcement.  Finally, an assignment!  She chiseled one last piece of snow away before scurrying back inside to find out what was going on.

Still wearing her coat and face still reddened by the chill outdoors, she rushed into the office, almost running into Farnsworth as Wraith held him up near the entrance.  Her excitment fell slightly as she saw everypony else seemed to be waiting on her- she hoped not for too long.  

"Alright, I'm here.  What've we got?"
Curunir
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

View user profile http://turtlgandalf.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Crystalite on Thu Jan 09, 2014 7:38 am

Maverick puts a hoof to his face as the two ponies collide with the dragon. Farnsworth starts picking spilled pieces back up as he starts the briefing...

"I just managed to nab a report from the Manehattan Hospital," he announces, indicating a folder on his desk. "It's on the verge of being news worthy; which, incidentally, I would rather not happen. But there's several dozen cases of pony-pox they're dealing with. Now, that in and of itself isn't unusual. But, half of those cases are ponies who have already had it. And while there's been times like this where there's been a burst of it going around, the comments indicate it's highly unusual for this time of year; pony pox likes the fall season better, it seems. I think it's probably an Artifact! You need to try and figure out what's making it happen, and retrieve it. Again, preferably without making the news; they're watching pretty carefully."

"Any questions?"

((The Warehouse, incidentally, is located in that convenient little spot directly beneath Canterlot, where nobody would ever think to look for it.))
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Zarhon on Thu Jan 09, 2014 12:07 pm

"Yeah: Is it contagious, or just somewhere localized? What if we catch the pox ourselves, or if Wraith and Wrangler somehow get it? We got anything to keep that from happening, or is it just sick leave times ahead? Speaking of which, how does the pox 'normally' work, doc?"
Zarhon
Smile Smile Smile
Smile Smile Smile

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Lapis-Lazily on Thu Jan 09, 2014 1:03 pm

"I don't get sick. To get sick I'd have to have living cells that the disease could attack. I don't exactly have those," she says as she holds out her hoof. It dissipates into ash before reforming shortly afterward. "I still hate hospitals though. I spent enough time there sick and dying to not feel like going back to one ever again. Doesn't mean I won't though. A mission is a mission. I just don't have to be happy about the location."

Overworked Designer
Overworked Designer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Zarhon on Thu Jan 09, 2014 5:31 pm

"Well if there is a contagion, you probably should refrain from ash-ifying yourself till we figure out what we're dealing with, lest your ash-trick makes any disease-causing-artifact-thingies to suddenly turn airborne with you. Or something, cause artifacts. And speaking of terrible ailments that will make us miserable with no sick leave, don't we have any preventive equipment for these kinds of situation?"
Zarhon
Smile Smile Smile
Smile Smile Smile

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  tygerburningbright on Thu Jan 09, 2014 6:36 pm

"The thing is if it is some sort of mutant super pathogen it would already be airborne because the normal virus is already spread through the air. Now normally pony pox when found in youths is mostly harmless some inflammation, feelings of weakness and blistering can interact in a bad way with a few other diseases but in adults the inflammation can effect the heart, brain, liver, and kidneys becoming potentially lethal. The thing that bothers me the most is that it is ignoring existing immunity normally one can only contract the disease a single time with a much mild variation manifesting later in life."
tygerburningbright

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Crystalite on Thu Jan 09, 2014 6:42 pm

Maverick nods his head in agreement. "You understand the seriousness of it then. I don't think Wraith will have to worry though. Think of it this way," he says, turning to the small Pegasus. "You're not going to the hospital; you're just visiting! Gonna help them feel better."
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Quietkal on Thu Jan 09, 2014 7:09 pm

"Alrigh'. We got transport there, or we just gotta hoof it?"
Quietkal
Element of Harmony

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Zarhon on Thu Jan 09, 2014 7:39 pm

"Of course there's transport, it's called an ambulance wagon. Costs a hoof and a leg though! Hmmm, Jade, those, uhm, whatchamacallits you make, how medically accurate or convincing are they?"
Zarhon
Smile Smile Smile
Smile Smile Smile

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Lapis-Lazily on Thu Jan 09, 2014 8:26 pm

"Oh puh-lease. Why let Jade handle this when you have me?" Wraith says as one of her legs dissipates into ash and reforms as a mangled mess with bone sticking out. Though the area looks wounded and red, there is a lack of actual blood flowing out. "Just give me a few packets of fake blood and I'm good to go!"

Overworked Designer
Overworked Designer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Crystalite on Thu Jan 09, 2014 8:28 pm

Farnsworth has finally picked up everything he dropped. "Maybe a train would be better. Considering that the place is Manehattan, and we're closer to Canterlot?"

At that moment, Sudsy calmly walks in with a smug look on her face. Maverick looks up at her. "What's up?"

"I heard it all on the intercom," she answers with a smile.

"Oh. Remind me to take a look at it," he says as he absent-mindedly flips the switch back to off. "As long as you're here, any last-minute advice before they go pack their bags?"

The pegasus looks over you with that piercing gaze of hers. "One of you should accompany Wraith. The rest of you should get on and off the train in singles; it'll draw less attention to yourselves. You're going to a hospital? Keep. It. CLEAN," she states vehemently, pointing an accusing hoof at Wrangler. She reaches into a pocket in her apron and tosses a small pouch to Busker Nick. "And for Celestia's sake, take Wraith to the toy store or something while you're out! Maybe while the rest of you investigate the hospital. She's driving me to drink with her antsy-ness!"

Farnsworth nods sagely in agreement. "If alcohol did me any good I'd join you," he sighs, glancing back at the parts he had clearly intended to work with while they were being briefed.
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Zarhon on Thu Jan 09, 2014 9:18 pm

"Don't worry, honey, I'll curb the dog and buy Wraith her choice of cursed, evil dolls and/or cutlery with her allowance. Will I still have to sleep on the couch afterwards?", Busker jokingly asks, checking the pouch.

OOC:
Anything apart from money in the pouch? How many bits/gems?
Zarhon
Smile Smile Smile
Smile Smile Smile

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Curunir on Thu Jan 09, 2014 10:01 pm

Terracotta was about to respond to Busker's suggestion, shaking her head as Wraith interrupted.  

"Naw, they're little more than clay figures.  Wraith's idea is better- though do we really need a ruse to enter the hospital anyways?  If we're going to be looking around, we can't be pretending to be injured or ill, or even just visiting somepony at the same time."

"Good idea, Sudsy... ...  If we have time to shop as you suggest - though surely after we've finished our business - is there anything you want from Manehattan?"
Curunir
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

View user profile http://turtlgandalf.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Quietkal on Thu Jan 09, 2014 11:53 pm

Wrangler chuckles lowly at Sudsy's comment, quipping back, "I'll shake m'self off first." He turns to Farnsworth and, looking at the held magitech says, "Some 'a that for us?"
Quietkal
Element of Harmony

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Lapis-Lazily on Fri Jan 10, 2014 5:31 am

"Ooh! If we getting toys from Manehattan, I hear there's this huge toy store Rockefilly plaza! Can we go when we finish the mission? Please? I promise I'll be good. They have so many great toys there! They've got cabbage patch fillies, Barley dolls, and even the newest line of My Little Human dolls. I got Farnsworth to hook up some cable a few months back. Been watching the show. It's really good, nothing like the older versions I used to watch. Higher quality. I hear it has a large following of grown Stallions and Mares. They're weird. It's a show for little fillies, even if it is an excellent one. But anyway the toy store in Manehattan is really great and I really want to go. It'll make the trip to the hospital worth it!"

Overworked Designer
Overworked Designer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 15 1, 2, 3 ... 8 ... 15  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top