My Little Warehouse

Page 5 of 15 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10 ... 15  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: My Little Warehouse

Post  Elacular on Fri Jan 24, 2014 8:08 pm

Sunspot followed Nurse Softhooves and the two doctors to the other room. "I'm very sorry your associate got in trouble. Do you, um, want me to inform my captain? Or is there anything else I can do to, uh, help you?"
avatar
Elacular
Best Pony
Best Pony

Gender : Male
Posts : 1157
Join date : 2014-01-14
Age : 23

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: My Little Warehouse

Post  Zarhon on Fri Jan 24, 2014 9:36 pm

Busker hurries a floor down, over to the window he entered the hospital through, avoiding the hospital employees along the way. He makes a note to not inhale the cleaning solvents this time, entering the room, climbing out the window, and quickly scaling down to reunite with the other agents.

Streetwise:
I'm assuming situation is unchanged from 5 minutes ago, so shouldn't be any issues going back the way I came.

Whilst I'm scaling down/reuniting with others, I'm gonna look if I can see the hotel Farnsworth mentioned in the letter, using the vantage point of the hospital.

avatar
Zarhon
Smile Smile Smile
Smile Smile Smile

Gender : Male
Posts : 3531
Join date : 2012-07-19
Age : 27

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: My Little Warehouse

Post  Crystalite on Sat Jan 25, 2014 9:03 am

Zarhon wrote:Busker hurries a floor down, over to the window he entered the hospital through, avoiding the hospital employees along the way. He makes a note to not inhale the cleaning solvents this time, entering the room, climbing out the window, and quickly scaling down to reunite with the other agents.

Streetwise:
I'm assuming situation is unchanged from 5 minutes ago, so shouldn't be any issues going back the way I came.

Whilst I'm scaling down/reuniting with others, I'm gonna look if I can see the hotel Farnsworth mentioned in the letter, using the vantage point of the hospital.

Busker manages to make it down the wall with no issues. He can see several likely looking buildings amongst the eastern sky scrapers; but, they're too far away to properly read the signs on them.
avatar
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

Posts : 2898
Join date : 2013-10-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: My Little Warehouse

Post  Zarhon on Sat Jan 25, 2014 11:14 am

Busker reunites with his fellow agents. "Came as fast as I could. Doc and Wraith are staying at the hospital for now, but I've got my ear on them, in case they learn anything. Let's find our short friend in the meantime. Any leads?"
avatar
Zarhon
Smile Smile Smile
Smile Smile Smile

Gender : Male
Posts : 3531
Join date : 2012-07-19
Age : 27

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: My Little Warehouse

Post  Quietkal on Sat Jan 25, 2014 1:58 pm

Wrangler pauses for a moment and swings a hoof, pointing from the nice side of the city over to the seedier side. "Scent leads across this way." He then continues following the scent into the seedier area of Manehattan.
Meta:
Making the assumption that Farnsworth found the hotel before he was kidnapped, and that the hotel is in the nicer part of town. I feel like those are fair assumptions, but I'm gonna Vibe check just in case.
Vibe: 28 = 20 (roll) +5 (half Perception) +3 (half Arcana, rounded up)

Oh good, that's what I wanted to crit on. Awesome.
avatar
Quietkal
Element of Harmony

Gender : Male
Posts : 2059
Join date : 2012-07-25
Location : Occasionally

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: My Little Warehouse

Post  Lapis-Lazily on Sat Jan 25, 2014 2:08 pm

Elacular wrote:Sunspot followed Nurse Softhooves and the two doctors to the other room. "I'm very sorry your associate got in trouble. Do you, um, want me to inform my captain? Or is there anything else I can do to, uh, help you?"
"Well, I'm fairly certain that the rest of my team has called the police and is making sure the situation is handled. I guess we're lucky they haven't been caught in the quarantine like we are. If you really want to help though, we could use some supplies. I believe Bones kept a list of what we need, or at least memorized it."

_________________
It's a teenage dragon hipster with daddy issues. Eeyup.
avatar
Lapis-Lazily
Overworked Designer
Overworked Designer

Gender : Male
Posts : 979
Join date : 2012-07-20
Age : 23
Location : Canterlot

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: My Little Warehouse

Post  Zarhon on Sat Jan 25, 2014 3:56 pm

Busker follows along, but opts to stick to the oft-unwatched higher ground offered by rooftops, watching the duo from above as a precaution.
avatar
Zarhon
Smile Smile Smile
Smile Smile Smile

Gender : Male
Posts : 3531
Join date : 2012-07-19
Age : 27

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: My Little Warehouse

Post  Crystalite on Tue Jan 28, 2014 3:24 pm

Quietkal wrote:Wrangler pauses for a moment and swings a hoof, pointing from the nice side of the city over to the seedier side. "Scent leads across this way." He then continues following the scent into the seedier area of Manehattan.
Meta:
Making the assumption that Farnsworth found the hotel before he was kidnapped, and that the hotel is in the nicer part of town. I feel like those are fair assumptions, but I'm gonna Vibe check just in case.
Vibe: 28 = 20 (roll) +5 (half Perception) +3 (half Arcana, rounded up)

Oh good, that's what I wanted to crit on. Awesome.

Wrangler and company follow the trail for some time until they hear what sounds like a sizable explosion in the distance.

Not long after, you can see Farnsworth running towards you. "HEEEEEEELLP!"

Chasing after him is a trio of rough looking ponies shouting various threats and obscenities...
avatar
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

Posts : 2898
Join date : 2013-10-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: My Little Warehouse

Post  Quietkal on Tue Jan 28, 2014 5:00 pm

Wrangler snarls a bit and begins a flat out sprint to intercept the threatening ponies.
Meta:
Athletics to go fast I guess, unless that'll be determined by initiative.
27 = 17 (roll) +10 (skill)
I'm just gonna go ahead and initiative as well, Wrangler'll be trying to hit them as soon as he's close. If it turns out they're helping somehow...eh, Wrangler's not gonna KO them in 1 round.
Initiative: 15
Dang, I'm rolling pretty well today.
avatar
Quietkal
Element of Harmony

Gender : Male
Posts : 2059
Join date : 2012-07-25
Location : Occasionally

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: My Little Warehouse

Post  Zarhon on Tue Jan 28, 2014 9:59 pm

Busker gets a galloping start before leaping from a rooftop, directly on top of one of the charging ponies, hoping to disable and/or inconvenience them with his weight and downwards momentum, and element of surprise.

Acrobatics:
Leaping directly on top of one of the trio from the rooftops. Got Feline Grace and/or stealth mode (is that still on?), so the fall shouldn't hurt me. Also have haste on "standby" if we need it and combat isn't happening.

Acrobatics
nat1 -> rerolled & +5 with "Reliability" -> 4 + 18 + 5 = 27

Initiative
4

"Cripes Farns, what did you just do to piss them off? And what was that bang?"
avatar
Zarhon
Smile Smile Smile
Smile Smile Smile

Gender : Male
Posts : 3531
Join date : 2012-07-19
Age : 27

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: My Little Warehouse

Post  Crystalite on Mon Feb 10, 2014 6:29 pm

Post

Farnsworth doesn't answer. Seeing that Busker and Wrangler are taking over, he ducks into a nearby alleyway...

The three ponies chasing him turn out to consist of an Earth Pony, a Pegasus, and a Unicorn...

Combat Initiatives:
Wrangler - 15
Pegasus Thug - 14
Unicorn Thug - 13
Earth Pony Thug - 5
Busker - 4

Wrangler goes first!
avatar
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

Posts : 2898
Join date : 2013-10-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: My Little Warehouse

Post  Quietkal on Mon Feb 10, 2014 7:06 pm

Wrangler snarls and bares his wooden fang, prepared to defend the dragon.
Combat:
For 5 talents, taking:
Hoof Swipe (Arcing Bolt)
Hunter's Fury (Crazy Concoction)
Bum Rush (Monkey's Backfist)
Flailing Limb (Drain Blood)
Buck Wildly (Splash it in Their Eyes)

Standard Action, [+2] Hunter's Fury
Wrangler is now suffering Vuln 2, -5 to saving throws, and deals +2 damage on attacks (save ends all)

End of turn save throws: (roll twice and take lower due to Demonscale)
Hunter's Fury: 9 4 -5 = -1 (Failed)
30 hp, 6 energy
Regen 3
Resist 2
Vuln 2, -5 to (save ends), deal +2 damage on attacks (save ends all)
avatar
Quietkal
Element of Harmony

Gender : Male
Posts : 2059
Join date : 2012-07-25
Location : Occasionally

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: My Little Warehouse

Post  Crystalite on Mon Feb 10, 2014 8:50 pm

The Pegasus suddenly swoops up into the air - but not very far. She then produces a crossbow from a sling on her back, which she fires at Busker!

The Unicorn and Earth Pony, seeing this, nod to each other without breaking stride. The Unicorn skids to a halt about ten feet away, letting off a magical bolt towards Wrangler. With impeccable timing, the Earth Pony slams into Wrangler a split second after this in a flying tackle...

Translation:
Busker suffers 7 damage, and is Dazed until the end of his next turn. (That's before Resistance or anything else, if you have some such that I didn't notice.)

Wrangler suffers 4 damage from the Unicorn's attack, and 6 more from the Earth Pony's. (Also before Resistance/Vulnerability.) Wrangler also loses 1 Energy. (Sorry!)

Busker's turn!


Last edited by Crystalite on Tue Feb 11, 2014 11:45 am; edited 1 time in total
avatar
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

Posts : 2898
Join date : 2013-10-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: My Little Warehouse

Post  Zarhon on Tue Feb 11, 2014 1:17 am

"Ouch! Alright then, time to practice my aim!", Busker shouts, throwing a single dagger at the unicorn.

Combat:
[+1] Warm-up Throw ( Armor Pierce ) - Standard Attack
Deal 1d6 damage to target creature, and that creature suffers vulnerability 1 (save ends).

Targeting Unicorn Thug:
1d6 = 5 damage

Summary: Unicorn Thug takes 5 damage and gets vuln 1 (save ends).

HP: 23
Pips: 5
avatar
Zarhon
Smile Smile Smile
Smile Smile Smile

Gender : Male
Posts : 3531
Join date : 2012-07-19
Age : 27

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: My Little Warehouse

Post  Curunir on Tue Feb 11, 2014 2:00 am

"Wait for me!"  Jade fell momentarily behind her two fellow agents- not surprised at being outrun by Wrangler, but a bit peeved at herself for being outpaced by Busker as well.  "Definitely going to try and stay in better shape if we ever have such a long break from missions again."


Before she knew it she was in the fray too- having literally run into one of her enemies- the unicorn- spinning around after the impact.

Combat Preparation:
Initiative:  19 (I'll go at the top of next round, seeing as Jade didn't make the same athletics/acrobatics attempts to enter into combat, and combat's already started)

Actually I guess that happens now (I'll move the combat part of the post if you want me to delay another round or anything like that, GM)

Moveset:
[+X] (Daredevil's Rush) - Standard Utility
You suffer Xd8 damage and are dazed until the end of your next turn. X cannot be more than 5.

[+3] Monkey’s Paw (Critfisher) – Standard Utility
Choose one;
A) Roll two dice of your choice from amongst d8s, d10s and d12s (you could choose to roll both dice from one of these types, or a mix from amongst these types).
B) Pay 2 energy. If you do, roll five dice of your choice from amongst d8s, d10s and d12s (you could choose to roll all five from one of these types, or a mix from amongst these types).

[+1] Drunken Monkey Stance (Redirect Focus) - Minor Utility
You are dazed until the end of your next turn.

[-2] (Chain Lightning) - Standard Attack
Deal 1d10 to target creature. If you roll a 6 or higher you may make this attack again without pay its energy cost, except you must choose a new target.

[-3] Stumbling Strike (Blood Cleave) - Standard Attack
Deal 3d10 damage to target creature. You lose 1d10 hp.

Combat:
[+3] Monkey’s Paw (Critfisher) – Standard Utility
Choose one;
A) Roll two dice of your choice from amongst d8s, d10s and d12s (you could choose to roll both dice from one of these types, or a mix from amongst these types).
B) Pay 2 energy. If you do, roll five dice of your choice from amongst d8s, d10s and d12s (you could choose to roll all five from one of these types, or a mix from amongst these types).

rolling 5 d8:  2,2,1,2,1

Drunken Monkey Style (King Of Fools)
Once per round, whenever you roll a 1 on a d8, d10 or d12; you may activate one of your Special Moves at random.

random Special Move is:  d8 special!
8: Deal 1d10 damage to target creature.

2 damage to Unicorn Thug

[+1] Drunken Monkey Stance (Redirect Focus) - Minor Utility
You are dazed until the end of your next turn.

Status:
HP 30
PIPS 8
Status: Dazed(until end next turn)
avatar
Curunir
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Gender : Male
Posts : 870
Join date : 2013-01-18
Age : 26
Location : Virginia

View user profile http://turtlgandalf.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: My Little Warehouse

Post  Quietkal on Tue Feb 11, 2014 2:08 am

Wrangler grunts and holds the earth pony against him as he's slidden back, striking the earth pony on the snout to daze him, before bucking him into the Pegasus and knocking all three of them into a pile.
Combat:
Okay, so I know those say they're hitting the earth pony, but meta is actually hitting the unicorn so maximum effect occurs, but Earth pony made for good and easy flavor.

Regen 3 at start of turn.

Minor Action: [-1] Flailing Limb
1+2 (3) damage to the unicorn before Resist/Vuln
I'll send the 3 healing to Busker.

Standard Action: [-2] Buck Wildly
5+2 (7) damage to Unicorn and creatures adjacent to it before Resist/Vuln (Earth pony and Pegasus)
Those creatures suffer a -3 damage penalty (save ends)

End of turn save throws:
Hunter's Fury: 20 14 -5 = 9 (failed...barely. Hooray!)

23 health
2 energy
Regen 3
Resist 2
Vuln 2, -5 to save throws, +2 damage on attacks (save ends)

Summary:
Wrangler regained 3 health.
Busker regained 3 health.
Unicorn took 3 damage, then 7 damage, both before Resist/Vuln. Suffers -3 penalty to damage (save ends)
Earth pony took 7 damage before R/V. Suffers -3 penalty to damage (save ends)
Pegasus took 7 damage before R/V. Suffers -3 penalty to damage (save ends)
avatar
Quietkal
Element of Harmony

Gender : Male
Posts : 2059
Join date : 2012-07-25
Location : Occasionally

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: My Little Warehouse

Post  Crystalite on Tue Feb 11, 2014 12:04 pm

The Pegasus manages to dodge the flying Earth pony, and fires another arrow at Jade; it grazes across her back, and while the cut itself isn't bad Jade can feel a painful burning sensation...

The Unicorn doesn't react well to suddenly being underneath his buddy. They roll around briefly, and the Unicorn fires another mgaic bolt at Wrangler. The Earth pony throws a small bottle at Busker: it shatters against his face, and a bright flash leaves all three of the Agents a little disoriented.

Translation:
Jade suffers 3 ongoing damage (save ends).

Wrangler suffers 8 damage from the Unicorn.

Busker suffers another 4 damage. All three of you are blinded until the end of your next turn.

The Unicorn is Bloodied.

Busker's turn! Followed by Jade, and then Wrangler.
avatar
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

Posts : 2898
Join date : 2013-10-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: My Little Warehouse

Post  Zarhon on Tue Feb 11, 2014 4:44 pm

"Blinding me won't help you much - I do this blindfolded!", Busker barks, and focuses intently on his unseen opponents.

Combat:
[+3] Performer’s Focus (Critfisher) – Standard Utility
Choose one;
A) Roll two dice of your choice from amongst d8s, d10s and d12s (you could choose to roll both dice from one of these types, or a mix from amongst these types).
B) Pay 2 energy. If you do, roll five dice of your choice from amongst d8s, d10s and d12s (you could choose to roll all five from one of these types, or a mix from amongst these types).

Using option A), rolling 2d8:
2d8 = 7, 8

Crit triggered:

Special Move  - Dazzling Performance
8: You may use one of target enemy’s combat talents at random without paying its energy cost.
10: For each enemy, flip a coin. If you win that flip, stun that enemy until the end of its next turn.
12: You and target ally each gain 2 energy.

Copying... Let's say, earth pony.

Summary: I trigger my d8 crit, and I copy/perform a randomly chosen ability of the earth pony. Gonna need some info on what I get before I target further.

HP: 22
Pips: 8
avatar
Zarhon
Smile Smile Smile
Smile Smile Smile

Gender : Male
Posts : 3531
Join date : 2012-07-19
Age : 27

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: My Little Warehouse

Post  Curunir on Tue Feb 11, 2014 6:32 pm

"...And I can hardly be more disoriented" the still-dizzy and temporarily blinded Jade added to Busker's comment, as she stumbled into the unicorn and flung him away. As her vision cleared, she saw that Busker had already taken him out- but she had managed to fling her unconscious foe into another one of the thugs!

Combat:
[-3] Stumbling Strike (Blood Cleave) - Standard Attack
Deal 3d10 damage to target creature. You lose 1d10 hp.

rolling all dice twice because of being daze (Amulet of the Monkey King (Chain of the Drunken Master))

Possible damage to Unicorn (if hits) Earth Pony
4,10
3,5
8,2

23

Damage to self:  9,4

coin flip:  heads

D10 critical 10: Target creature gains 2d12 hp.  Targeting... Wrangler
3,2
10,4
13 health for Wrangler

Status:
HP 26
PIPS 5
Status: Fine


Last edited by Curunir on Tue Feb 11, 2014 7:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
avatar
Curunir
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Gender : Male
Posts : 870
Join date : 2013-01-18
Age : 26
Location : Virginia

View user profile http://turtlgandalf.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: My Little Warehouse

Post  Zarhon on Tue Feb 11, 2014 7:00 pm

Busker aims carefully and throws a knife, blind. Though at first it seems like it would miss, as it flies besides the chest of the Earth Pony, the dagger does strike true - hitting another one of the bottles he used not a moment ago.

Dazzling Performance:
[0] Dazzling Performance - Free Attack
Deal 1d10 damage to target creature. That creature and all enemies adjacent to it are blinded until the end of your next turn.

Blindness
1d2 = 1, hits

Targeting Unicorn (ignore flavor text saying Earth Pony):
1d10 = 6 damage

Summary: Unicorn takes 6 damage, all three are blinded. This happens before Cur's 23 damage thing.
avatar
Zarhon
Smile Smile Smile
Smile Smile Smile

Gender : Male
Posts : 3531
Join date : 2012-07-19
Age : 27

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: My Little Warehouse

Post  Quietkal on Tue Feb 11, 2014 8:48 pm

Wrangler leaps up and wraps a hoof around one of the pegasus thug's dangling legs, and drags them down before throwing them towards their collapsed allies. He snarls at them, "Try flying off; see how far you get before I snap your wings off."
Combat:
C'mon blind, don't get me now.
Regen 3

Standard Action: [+1] Bum Rush
Blind check: Heads! Hooray! Blind doesn't hate my flavor this time!
4+2 (6) damage to Pegasus thug, and they now count as adjacent to Earth pony thug until the end of combat. Which I'm understanding is soon.

Save throws:
Hunter's Fury: 12 10 -5 = 5 (failed)

30 health
3 energy
Regen 3
Resist 2
Vuln 2, -5 to save throws, +2 damage on attacks (save ends)
((Persuasion to intimidate into not fleeing: 24 = 9 (roll) +15 (skill) ))
((If that's not a thing I can do in the same round of combat, I can forfeit my next turn to do it now?))
avatar
Quietkal
Element of Harmony

Gender : Male
Posts : 2059
Join date : 2012-07-25
Location : Occasionally

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: My Little Warehouse

Post  Crystalite on Tue Feb 11, 2014 9:17 pm

The Unicorn collides again with the Earth Pony; the tumble again, and this time seem to stay down.

The Pegasus, being grabbed by Wrangler, gives a short shriek; she does an ungraceful looking twist in an attempt to escape Wrangler's grasp...

((Valiant attempt, but nope. Intimidating was the wrong way to go here.))

((Roll Athletics to try and keep her down - DC 20.))


The other two thugs turn out to both be stallions; the unicorn is purple coated with a gray mane; he looks middle aged, and his cutie mark is a tied off sack. The Earth Pony is blue coated with a purple mane, and his cutie mark is an empty beaker. They are both unconscious, but they should rouse with minimal effort.
avatar
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

Posts : 2898
Join date : 2013-10-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: My Little Warehouse

Post  Zarhon on Tue Feb 11, 2014 10:58 pm

"Oh no you dont!", Busker yells, quickly leaping onto the pegasus, hoping to cause her to crash from his tackling maneuver and weight, or to keep her wings "folded".

Acrobatics/Haste:
Using my Spiderclimb/Feline Grace in a "Prince of Persia" manner if required, and giving Wrangler (or myself, if his current situation doesn't apply for it) "Haste":

Acrobatic Agility (Haste) - 3/Day
Preparation Time: Instantaneous
For the next 5 minutes, you or an ally you can see gains a +5 bonus to athletics or acrobatics checks made to move quickly (such as chasing down a thief or trying to outrun a boulder). This effect ends if you engage in combat.

Acrobatics
17 + 18 = 35 (40 if "Haste" doesn't apply to Wrangler)
avatar
Zarhon
Smile Smile Smile
Smile Smile Smile

Gender : Male
Posts : 3531
Join date : 2012-07-19
Age : 27

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: My Little Warehouse

Post  Crystalite on Wed Feb 12, 2014 1:25 pm

The Pegasus fell under Busker's weight as they collapsed into a pile on the ground. She turned out to be a black coated made with a gold mane. Her mark was, unsurprisingly, a bow and arrow.

"Let me GO!" she shouted indignantly, trying to wriggle away; but, between Busker and Wrangler she is quite unable to escape. "I'm not telling you ANYTHING! Buck off!"

At this moment, Farnsworth sticks his head around the corner of the alleyway he had hidden in. "I take it you won?"




Meanwhile...

As Wraith and Trotson discussed experiments ((Which I would just love to hear about if you could send me a PM)) a commotion could be heard in the hallway as various people start dashing about...
avatar
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

Posts : 2898
Join date : 2013-10-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: My Little Warehouse

Post  Quietkal on Wed Feb 12, 2014 2:17 pm

Wrangler struggles somewhat to keep a hold on the pegasus. Over the pegasus's objections, he says to Farnsworth, "Looks like. Send a letter to the others lettin' them know it's alright. What happened?"
Meta:
Athletics: 16 = 6 (roll) +10 (skill)
Well that's disappointing.
avatar
Quietkal
Element of Harmony

Gender : Male
Posts : 2059
Join date : 2012-07-25
Location : Occasionally

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: My Little Warehouse

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 15 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10 ... 15  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum