My Little Warehouse

Page 6 of 15 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 10 ... 15  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: My Little Warehouse

Post  Elacular on Wed Feb 12, 2014 3:10 pm

Sunspot heard the noise from outside. Her eyes widened slightly and she debated briefly with herself about what to do. "Uh, you two stay put. I need to figure out what's going on out there."

The soldier pony bolts outside and looks around, trying to discern something about the crowd.

Rolls:
Roll to try and understand the commotion. Percep=6+roll=14=20.
avatar
Elacular
Best Pony
Best Pony

Gender : Male
Posts : 1157
Join date : 2014-01-14
Age : 23

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: My Little Warehouse

Post  Crystalite on Wed Feb 12, 2014 3:43 pm

In The Street:

The dragon sighs as he scribbles a note for Wraith. "It was a mission I went on with Maverick a long time ago; the local thief's guild was using an Artifact to fence their stolen goods. I can give you the report when we get back."

The Pegasus pipes up again. "We want our magic coin back!"

((Zarhon knows what I'm talking about. Whether or not Busker knows, and how, is up to him, really.))

In The Hospital:

Sunspot concludes, based on the fact that most of the commoting is being done by doctors and nurses, that it's probably a medical situation.

Meanwhile, Wraith recieves another letter:

All to the good now. Ran into some old enemies, Wrangler and co. took care of them. I think. Sorry to hear you're quarantined.
avatar
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

Posts : 2898
Join date : 2013-10-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: My Little Warehouse

Post  Zarhon on Wed Feb 12, 2014 4:36 pm

Farnsworth wrote:"It was a mission I went on with Maverick a long time ago; the local thief's guild was using an Artifact to fence their stolen goods. I can give you the report when we get back."
"Ah. That. And the loud, audible noise best described as a 'bang', from a minute ago? Tragically unpreventable property damage, I presume?  Very Happy  Let's get this trio restrained, by the way. Anypony got some rope?"
Pegasus thug wrote:The Pegasus pipes up again. "We want our magic coin back!"
"Well why didn't you just say so?", Busker mocks, employing a simple sleight of hoof trick to pull an ordinary coin/bit out of the ear of the grounded pegasus, seemingly out of nowhere. "Ta dah! Don't spend it all in one place, miss."

Stealth/Clever Tail:
Whilst I'm distracting/annoying her with my "magic trick", using Clever Tail to sift through the pegasus prisoner's belongings (if any, apart from the crossbow) without her noticing.

No Hooves, No Problem (Clever Tail) (1)
Your race’s tail can function much like another hand. You can use it to stealthily manipulate objects and make mechanics checks. When you do this, you gain a +5 bonus to stealth checks made to conceal this action, but suffer a -5 penalty to the actual manipulation. For example, if you try to surreptitiously pick a lock with your tail without attracting attention, you’d gain a +5 bonus to the stealth check to avoid attracting attention but suffer a -5 penalty to the actual act of lockpicking.

Stealth
7 + 10 + 5 (Clever Tail) = 22
avatar
Zarhon
Smile Smile Smile
Smile Smile Smile

Gender : Male
Posts : 3531
Join date : 2012-07-19
Age : 27

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: My Little Warehouse

Post  Crystalite on Wed Feb 12, 2014 6:12 pm

Zarhon wrote:
Farnsworth wrote:"It was a mission I went on with Maverick a long time ago; the local thief's guild was using an Artifact to fence their stolen goods. I can give you the report when we get back."
"Ah. That. And the loud, audible noise best described as a 'bang', from a minute ago? Tragically unpreventable property damage, I presume?  Very Happy  Let's get this trio restrained, by the way. Anypony got some rope?"

"I know at least a dozen different ways to improvise an explosion; it comes with the job. I think there was some rope in the wagon, though," he replies, running back to check his claim.

Zarhon wrote:
Pegasus thug wrote:"We want our magic coin back!"
"Well why didn't you just say so?", Busker mocks, employing a simple sleight of hoof trick to pull an ordinary coin/bit out of the ear of the grounded pegasus, seemingly out of nowhere. "Ta dah! Don't spend it all in one place, miss."

Zarhon wrote:
Stealth/Clever Tail:
Whilst I'm distracting/annoying her with my "magic trick", using Clever Tail to sift through the pegasus prisoner's belongings (if any, apart from the crossbow) without her noticing.

No Hooves, No Problem (Clever Tail) (1)
Your race’s tail can function much like another hand. You can use it to stealthily manipulate objects and make mechanics checks. When you do this, you gain a +5 bonus to stealth checks made to conceal this action, but suffer a -5 penalty to the actual manipulation. For example, if you try to surreptitiously pick a lock with your tail without attracting attention, you’d gain a +5 bonus to the stealth check to avoid attracting attention but suffer a -5 penalty to the actual act of lockpicking.

Stealth
7 + 10 + 5 (Clever Tail) = 22

There's some pocket change, an extra bowstring, and two very small, dubious looking bottles. One has a dark, brown liquid. The other is a clear liquid.
avatar
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

Posts : 2898
Join date : 2013-10-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: My Little Warehouse

Post  Quietkal on Wed Feb 12, 2014 6:51 pm

Wrangler strengthens his hold on the pegasus. "Hold on, don't leave. I got some here, though I don't see the end of tying them up. Got nothing to do with our business."
Meta:
Athletics to restrain the Pegasus, since Wrangler failed the other one: 26 = 16 (roll) +10 (skill)
I mentioned a ways back that Wrangler's got saddlebags, and a length of rope was a that he only thing I specified being there.
avatar
Quietkal
Element of Harmony

Gender : Male
Posts : 2059
Join date : 2012-07-25
Location : Occasionally

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: My Little Warehouse

Post  Lapis-Lazily on Wed Feb 12, 2014 7:05 pm

"Ah, perfect!" Wraith says as she shifts down to her usual filly form. "While the guard's are away, the filly shall play. We can sneak out of here now. Let's search that nurse's house. Just need to get this window open."

Wraith pushes the window open and turns to Trotson. "You going to be okay getting down on your own?"

_________________
It's a teenage dragon hipster with daddy issues. Eeyup.
avatar
Lapis-Lazily
Overworked Designer
Overworked Designer

Gender : Male
Posts : 979
Join date : 2012-07-20
Age : 23
Location : Canterlot

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: My Little Warehouse

Post  Elacular on Wed Feb 12, 2014 7:32 pm

Sunspot comes to the conclusion that in an emergency situation like this, she would just be underhoof and moves back towards the room where Trotson and Wraith are. When she's outside the door, she speaks into the room: "There seems to be a medical emergency occurring. Would either of you like to follow the crowd and see what's happening?"

Rolls:
Two rolls here.
One athletics roll to get back to the room in question in spite of the current chaos. Athl=7+roll=20=27
Proof:

One perception roll to notice that Wraith is a filly and exactly what she's doing. Percep=6+roll=4=10
avatar
Elacular
Best Pony
Best Pony

Gender : Male
Posts : 1157
Join date : 2014-01-14
Age : 23

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: My Little Warehouse

Post  Crystalite on Wed Feb 12, 2014 7:50 pm

Sunspot is quite able to get back, where she realises that Doctor Open Heart is gone - replaced by a pegasus filly!?
avatar
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

Posts : 2898
Join date : 2013-10-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: My Little Warehouse

Post  Elacular on Wed Feb 12, 2014 8:11 pm

Sunspot's jaw goes slack and she stamps her hoof on the tile floor, making a loud crack. "Alright, who are you two and what the hell is going on here?" She tries to sound angry and intimidating, but mostly just comes off as confused.
avatar
Elacular
Best Pony
Best Pony

Gender : Male
Posts : 1157
Join date : 2014-01-14
Age : 23

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: My Little Warehouse

Post  Zarhon on Wed Feb 12, 2014 8:57 pm

"Well, unless I'm missing some context, it sounds like our pals just got caught red-hooved, so we might want to hurry back. Better gag and blindfold these thugs as well, so they don't harass us anytime soon.", Busker informs his comrades, then turns to the baby dragons. "Hey Farns, found these two vials on the flighty mare. Any ideas what they are?", he whispers, away from sight or hearing of the bound pegasus."

Stuff:
Restraining/blindfolding/gagging the trio, and checking the belongings of the other two as well. Any of the vials look like the stuff that blinded us?

To clarify how Busker knows things in hospital - he's still listening in on Trotson with his audiomancy.
avatar
Zarhon
Smile Smile Smile
Smile Smile Smile

Gender : Male
Posts : 3531
Join date : 2012-07-19
Age : 27

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: My Little Warehouse

Post  tygerburningbright on Wed Feb 12, 2014 9:13 pm

"I should be able although I am more likely to be spotted but I've been in worse situations." Trotson conjures up a set of stepping stones acting as a rudimentary way down from the window.

Talent:
Stepping Stones - Enchantment [Created by Kajisora]
Preparation time: 5 seconds
You may summon up to eight magical stone discs anywhere within 100 feet of you that you can see. The discs can between 3 cm to 1 meter in diameter, and are 1 cm thick. You can keep them suspended in place so that they cannot be moved (including by gravity) except by 2000 lbs or more of force. You may end or resume the suspension effect at will. These disks vanish after 1 hour.
jumping between stones.
Roll(1d20)+7:
10,+7
Total:17
avatar
tygerburningbright
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Gender : Male
Posts : 3141
Join date : 2012-07-19
Location : USA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: My Little Warehouse

Post  Crystalite on Wed Feb 12, 2014 10:04 pm

Zarhon wrote:"Well, unless I'm missing some context, it sounds like our pals just got caught red-hooved, so we might want to hurry back. Better gag and blindfold these thugs as well, so they don't harass us anytime soon.", Busker informs his comrades, then turns to the baby dragon. "Hey Farns, found these two vials on the flighty mare. Any ideas what they are?", he whispers, away from sight or hearing of the bound pegasus.

Stuff:
Restraining/blindfolding/gagging the trio, and checking the belongings of the other two as well. Any of the vials look like the stuff that blinded us?

To clarify how Busker knows things in hospital - he's still listening in on Trotson with his audiomancy.

Checking the bottles in the Earth Pony's bandolier, the stuff that produces the flash turns out to be a milky white.

Farnsworth takes each one and sniffs them lightly. The clear one makes him sneeze; luckily, he is able to direct the resulting puff of flame in a safe direction. "The brown one is probably a poison. I don't know about the clear one. I can analyse them when we get back to the hotel."
avatar
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

Posts : 2898
Join date : 2013-10-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: My Little Warehouse

Post  Elacular on Thu Feb 13, 2014 1:04 am

When Trotson jumps out the window, a deep frown creases Sunspot's face. "No you do not!" she yells before leaping out the window and onto Trotson. She tries to wrestle him to the disk, forcing his face down on the steppig stone. "Now, you are going to tell me exactly what's going on, or I'm going to fly us into the air and drop you onto the concrete from 500 feet. Which. Will. It. Be?"

Rolls:
Roll one of three: acrobatics roll to jump on Trotson. Acro=16+roll=14=30
Roll two of three: athletics roll to force Trotson to the disk. Athl=7+Roll=18=25
Roll three of three: persuade (Intimidate/bluff) roll to make Trotson talk. Pers=6+roll=3=9
avatar
Elacular
Best Pony
Best Pony

Gender : Male
Posts : 1157
Join date : 2014-01-14
Age : 23

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: My Little Warehouse

Post  Lapis-Lazily on Thu Feb 13, 2014 2:29 am

Wraith pops her head out the window excitedly. "OOOH! That looks fun! Are we playing doggy pile? Oh wait, that's quite a drop. You might die doing that. Please don't die! It's not very fun."

_________________
It's a teenage dragon hipster with daddy issues. Eeyup.
avatar
Lapis-Lazily
Overworked Designer
Overworked Designer

Gender : Male
Posts : 979
Join date : 2012-07-20
Age : 23
Location : Canterlot

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: My Little Warehouse

Post  Zarhon on Thu Feb 13, 2014 2:18 pm

"And now we have a hostage/interrogation situation, involving a flyer, the doc, and a 500 foot drop. And the kid being... herself. I think we should hurry.", Busker notes, heading back to the hospital.
avatar
Zarhon
Smile Smile Smile
Smile Smile Smile

Gender : Male
Posts : 3531
Join date : 2012-07-19
Age : 27

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: My Little Warehouse

Post  tygerburningbright on Fri Feb 14, 2014 10:18 pm

Trotson is quite staggered by the guard jumping onto him by manages to break free from the grapple and continue his escape Although just before leaving the first platform he does speak up."Never will I divulge onto you the our plan to stop this unnatural outbreak of disease emanating from an artifact most likely located in one of the locations patient zero was at immediately before infection....... Oh bloody hell..."

Rolls:
vs jump
Roll(1d20)+10:
8,+10
Total:18
never had a chance...

grapple roll
Roll(1d20)+7:
19,+7
Total:26

Roll(1d20)+5:
2,+5
Total:6
dang...

runaway!
Roll(1d20)+10:
15,+10
Total:25
avatar
tygerburningbright
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Gender : Male
Posts : 3141
Join date : 2012-07-19
Location : USA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: My Little Warehouse

Post  Elacular on Fri Feb 14, 2014 11:03 pm

At the lunatic Unicorn's ravings, something itched at the back of Sunspot's mind. So, rather than trying to body check the doctor again, as soon as his back was turned she flew into the clouds and moved them to dim the sky before using her training to hide among them and follow him.

Rolls:
Roll one: History check to see if Trotson's ravings piqued her knowlege of the Warehouse.
Hist=7+roll=6=13

Roll two: acrobatics roll and 10 seconds flat to create a thick stormy sky.
Acro=16+roll=16=32

Roll three: Stealth roll+geurilla training bonus to hide in the clouds and stalk Trotson.
Stel=8+roll=8+GT=10=36
avatar
Elacular
Best Pony
Best Pony

Gender : Male
Posts : 1157
Join date : 2014-01-14
Age : 23

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: My Little Warehouse

Post  Crystalite on Fri Feb 14, 2014 11:15 pm

As Trotson (and I presume Wraith) head down the side of the building, Sunspot is quite able to create a nice cloudy sky to hide behind.

OOC:
History: Nooope.

Weather + Stealth: I know you already got a pretty high roll, but you cleverly used another talent to create a situational bonus as well, which I want to try and reward. I will round the check up to a straight 40.

If Trotson can make a Perception roll that high (Doubtful) then great. If not, then act IC please.

Incidentally, the group still on the street has about 25 minutes to go to get to the hospital at a normal pace. Roll me some Athletics (Again!) to try and shorten it a little please.
avatar
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

Posts : 2898
Join date : 2013-10-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: My Little Warehouse

Post  Lapis-Lazily on Sat Feb 15, 2014 12:15 am

After Trotson finishes jumping down, Wraith backs up from the window. "Wheeeeeeeeeee!" she yells as she rushes at the window and jumps out. She lands with a sickening thump on the ground in front of the window and collapses into a mangled mess before forming back up fine and bouncing excitedly over to Trotson. "That looked like a fun game. We should play it together sometime. Ready to go find our team?"

_________________
It's a teenage dragon hipster with daddy issues. Eeyup.
avatar
Lapis-Lazily
Overworked Designer
Overworked Designer

Gender : Male
Posts : 979
Join date : 2012-07-20
Age : 23
Location : Canterlot

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: My Little Warehouse

Post  Zarhon on Sat Feb 15, 2014 2:01 am

Busker hurries to the hospital. Slowly. Tired from the excitement of combat and the wounds from the bolts, he quickly abandons his slow run to sit on Wrangler's back. "Onwards, faithful Wrangler!", he goes.

Athletics:
Athletics
4 + 6 = 10

Nope! Unless I can hitch a ride on Wrangler.
avatar
Zarhon
Smile Smile Smile
Smile Smile Smile

Gender : Male
Posts : 3531
Join date : 2012-07-19
Age : 27

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: My Little Warehouse

Post  Quietkal on Sat Feb 15, 2014 2:23 am

Wrangler tugs experimentally on the binding ropes before commenting to Farnsworth "If you're goin' too, send me a message an' let me know what happens. I'll keep an eye on your friends here." He then calmly looks about for a Guard to report the thieves to.
Meta:
Sorry, been in a bit of a funk lately.
Don't need to do any rolls to tie up the thieves I guess? Since we've asked multiple times and gotten no response from Crystal?
If we do end up needing a roll, I'd suggest Jade or Busker does the knot-tying, as Wrangler only has a 6 in Mechanics. He's a tackler, not a tier.
Perception/Streetwise for spotting a Guard/knowing who the pony to report these petty criminals to if that's not the correct authority?
avatar
Quietkal
Element of Harmony

Gender : Male
Posts : 2059
Join date : 2012-07-25
Location : Occasionally

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: My Little Warehouse

Post  tygerburningbright on Sat Feb 15, 2014 8:13 pm

Trotson looks up at the sudden layer of clouds not truly seeing anything. "Yes, yes however that cloud cover is likely going to covertly follow us. Hm we should meet up with the others."

Roll:
never had a chance...
Roll(1d20)+8:
4,+8
Total:12

avatar
tygerburningbright
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Gender : Male
Posts : 3141
Join date : 2012-07-19
Location : USA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: My Little Warehouse

Post  Lapis-Lazily on Mon Feb 17, 2014 7:06 pm

"Alrighty! That sounds fun. Where do you think they ran off to? I hope Farnsworth isn't too shaken up. Then again, this is hardly the first time he's gotten in a tough spot. Ooh! Do you think we could get ice cream later? I know I'm not supposed to eat because my digestive system is nonfunctional, but I can still taste and it just isn't fair. I want some ice cream. Can we get it when we meet up with the others? Can we please?"

_________________
It's a teenage dragon hipster with daddy issues. Eeyup.
avatar
Lapis-Lazily
Overworked Designer
Overworked Designer

Gender : Male
Posts : 979
Join date : 2012-07-20
Age : 23
Location : Canterlot

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: My Little Warehouse

Post  Crystalite on Tue Feb 18, 2014 8:37 pm

((Let's try to get things rolling again, shall we?))

15 minutes later...

Wraith and Trotson manage to find Busker, Farnsworth, and (I presume) Jade in the streets, well away from the seedy parts.

"Oh hai. I see you got out, more or less okay. Did anybody see you?"

OOC:
...Besides Sunny, that is. Of course she saw.

Wraith and Trotson, please roll another Perception check (DC 25) for me to see if any one else saw you. (Alternatively you can all roll Vibe, DC 20, but you won't know who saw you.) (Don't worry; whoever it was hasn't decided to do anything... yet...)

Meanwhile...

Sunspot manages to follow the pair below her for a while; but, her guerrilla training is starting to wear on her a little...

OOC:
Stealth has officially worn off. Your check (And the DC for spotting you) is now down to 30. You could expend another use, but they only last 5 minutes, and it's a fair amount of walking yet to the hotel...




Meanwhile...

Wrangler, on the other hoof, has elected to stay with the prisoners. The black coated Pegasus hasn't spoken, but she does appear to have calmed down a little. (You can roll Perception to try and pinpoint her mood if you like. Or not.)
avatar
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

Posts : 2898
Join date : 2013-10-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: My Little Warehouse

Post  Elacular on Tue Feb 18, 2014 8:52 pm

Sunspot realizes that she'll be easier to see now, but stays well inside the clouds she's created. She realizes that it's incredibly obvious she's tailing them, but she forms a plan for when they seem to be nearing their destination.
avatar
Elacular
Best Pony
Best Pony

Gender : Male
Posts : 1157
Join date : 2014-01-14
Age : 23

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: My Little Warehouse

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 15 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 10 ... 15  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum