Pony Tales: Aspirations of Harmony
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My Little Warehouse

+3
Lapis-Lazily
tygerburningbright
Crystalite
7 posters

Page 2 of 15 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8 ... 15  Next

Go down

My Little Warehouse - Page 2 Empty Re: My Little Warehouse

Post  Crystalite Fri Jan 10, 2014 9:39 am

Zarhon wrote:"Don't worry, honey, I'll curb the dog and buy Wraith her choice of cursed, evil dolls and/or cutlery with her allowance. Will I still have to sleep on the couch afterwards?", Busker jokingly asks, checking the pouch.

OOC:

There's enough for a moderate shopping trip; but no gems or anything else. ((I'm still not sure how much a Bit is worth. That part is less important, anyways.))

Sudsy smirks at Busker. "If it settles her down a little? Not by yourself," she says with a wink, turning back out the door.

Quietkal wrote:He turns to Farnsworth and, looking at the held magitech says, "Some 'a that for us?"

The dragon shrugs at the question. "Depends. Right now it's not. If I can get it to work, it still won't be. If I can get it to work more than once or twice, then yeah, it might be for you."
Crystalite
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

Back to top Go down

Post  Zarhon Fri Jan 10, 2014 5:07 pm

"I feel this sudden urge to find the artifact and go shopping. Quickly."

Last edited by Zarhon on Sat Jan 11, 2014 1:52 am; edited 1 time in total
Zarhon
Zarhon
Smile Smile Smile
Smile Smile Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  Curunir Sat Jan 11, 2014 12:50 am

Jade gasped slightly, cheeks reddening a bit again- and not from the cold this time.  "Sudsy!... don't encourage him..."

Jade sent a quick glare Busker's way before shrugging it off.

"Alright, lets get to work!"
Curunir
Curunir
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

http://turtlgandalf.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Lapis-Lazily Sat Jan 11, 2014 3:21 am

Wraith whispers into Jade's ear. "It's ok, it's mostly just talk. They never actually act on it," then so everypony can hear, and not into Jade's ear, "Let's get going. Somewhere in Manehattan is a toy with my name on it!"
Lapis-Lazily
Lapis-Lazily
Overworked Designer
Overworked Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  Curunir Sat Jan 11, 2014 3:56 am

Jade blinked.  She hadn't even thought to tell Busker to cut it out in front of the young filly- though apparently there was no need.  Childlike or not, Wraith was actually older than all of them.  She nodded almost imperceptibly at Wraith's whispered words, glancing at the ghost child. She knew (or at least thought) it was just words (at least most of the time)- that didn't stop it from bothering her, but perhaps it should.

She lightened up a little and smiled, replying to Wraith's public announcement.

"Now now, whatever Sudsy may say, our actual priority is to figure out what's going on in the hospital and whether there's an Artifact at work. 'Sides, haven't you been waiting for a mission- aren't you excited for that too?"
Curunir
Curunir
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Lapis-Lazily Sat Jan 11, 2014 4:50 am

"A new toy exceeds the excitement for all else. Lat's hurry up and go!"
Lapis-Lazily
Lapis-Lazily
Overworked Designer
Overworked Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  Crystalite Sat Jan 11, 2014 8:55 am

The Next Morning...

The party gets off the train in Manehattan without incident, just in time to greet the dawn. The train itself is fairly well populated (but, surprisingly not with ponies getting off with you.) The town seems to be fairly quiet beyond the noise of the train; between the hour of the day and the snow still being shoveled away by a daring few, it seems not too many care to be out and about yet. The buildings seem shorter here than the rest of Manehattan; you can see skyscrapers looming on the skyline against the rising sun to the east. To the south, however, one building alone looms over the rest like a guardian spirit; The Saint Crosspatch Hospital of Manehattan.

Almost immediately a flashy billboard catches Busker's eye; The Rockafilly Plaza is (conveniently) having an after-holiday SALE! Starting several days ago, ending later tonight.

Farnsworth steps off the train after you with a yawn (having slept most of the way.) "I'm gonna go see about a hotel. I'll send a letter when I find one," he states wearily, tugging at the cart graciously loaned by the train-station carrying your luggage. ((I'm assuming that your respective Artifacts are in your pockets or equivalent. If there's anything else particularly, now would be a good time to get it.))
Crystalite
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

Back to top Go down

Post  Lapis-Lazily Sat Jan 11, 2014 4:27 pm

"Yay! There's a sale going on! I hope they have the toys I want on sale. Then I might be able to buy more than one, and if I can buy more than one then I can get even more entertainment out of it. Then I'll be less bored around the warehouse for a while. But what if they don't have what I want on sale? Then I can't buy as much, and I'll be sad because I can't be entertained for as long. Still, new toys! I really want some new toys. Oh, but we have a mission to do. I should probably look the part. I doubt little fillies involved in whatever our cover is will make any sense," Wraith says. Her body scatters into a cloud of ash and begins to swirl around until it solidifies in the form of one of the more business-like mares on the train. "I saw this mare on the train. She looked businessy enough, so I memorized what she looked like for a disguise. How do I look?"
Lapis-Lazily
Lapis-Lazily
Overworked Designer
Overworked Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  tygerburningbright Sat Jan 11, 2014 5:57 pm

"You look good enough. But what exactly is our cover story this time?" Trotson asks after checking his needles are still secure within his vest.
tygerburningbright
tygerburningbright
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Back to top Go down

Post  Quietkal Sat Jan 11, 2014 6:55 pm

Wrangler gives a quick sniff and looks at the train station briefly, before responding "Pers'nally I like to say I'm a member of, uh, the 'Canterlot Library Investigative Unit: We find history before it's written down.' There's some weird looks, sure, but generally not too many questions get asked 'bout it. Library nuts cen get annoying though."
Sniff Test?:
Quietkal
Quietkal
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  Lapis-Lazily Sat Jan 11, 2014 7:01 pm

"Yeah, well what are we waiting for then? We should get going to this hospital. The sooner we do that, the sooner we can go shopping for toys! Oh.. wait. I need to sound more dignified and adult. Ahem... Let us be off. Time is money. Wait... that doesn't make sense here. Eh whatever. I'll get it."
Lapis-Lazily
Lapis-Lazily
Overworked Designer
Overworked Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  Zarhon Sat Jan 11, 2014 11:23 pm

"Well, "library nuts" aren't likely to be welcome in the middle of a medical circus they're likely to have from that artifact. We might want to be somepony more official, or somepony expected to be there during their outbreak."

"Maybe act like we're all with our own doc here, interns, or scrubs of his? Or that the doc is collecting info on this outbreak in case it spreads outta town? Could get us some 'behind closed doors' access. If that don't work, could also act the part of a surprise sanitary inspection, or some other intimidating official folks, assumin' they don't ask for papers."

"And if all else fails, could go the route of dressing up as the low-profile staff, like the janitors, or those guys that dump all those icky needles and whatnot. Although if you ask me, I'm fairly certain I could pass as a surgeon of sorts. I am handsome and have a steady hoof, after all."

"By the way, Wood-wolf! Try to get the scents of the pox patients. Might lead us straight to the cause, or connecting factor. Oh, and doc, got any medical stuff we could use for a disguise or disease prevention?"
Zarhon
Zarhon
Smile Smile Smile
Smile Smile Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  Quietkal Sat Jan 11, 2014 11:44 pm

Wrangler leers at Busker and gives quick sniff, before wiping his nose with a hoof. "I'm a pony; not a wolf. Already planned to sniff out their paths, but we gotta get to 'em first." he looks toward the doctor and says, "I'll trust your choice on the cover, given where we're going."

Last edited by Quietkal on Mon Jan 13, 2014 6:53 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Busker is not Trotson)
Quietkal
Quietkal
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  tygerburningbright Sun Jan 12, 2014 12:53 pm

"That first cover of yours Busker is better than the standby of being slightly glorified reporters. Though I do see an issue with it a single doctor with assistants that is not a big shot in the medical world wouldn't have that much credibility hm could make something up like The Special Research Center or perhaps use the name of a university the old alma mater of Pferdberg may work. Now about protection hazmat suits would be best but Busker, Waith, and Wrangler would be impeded to a great degree by them so then face masks will have to do... now did I remember to pack them..." Trotson goes over to his luggage and starts searching.

Roll:
tygerburningbright
tygerburningbright
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Back to top Go down

Post  Crystalite Mon Jan 13, 2014 8:51 am

tygerburningbright wrote:"That first cover of yours Busker is better than the standby of being slightly glorified reporters. Though I do see an issue with it a single doctor with assistants that is not a big shot in the medical world wouldn't have that much credibility hm could make something up like The Special Research Center or perhaps use the name of a university the old alma mater of Pferdberg may work. Now about protection hazmat suits would be best but Busker, Waith, and Wrangler would be impeded to a great degree by them so then face masks will have to do... now did I remember to pack them..." Trotson goes over to his luggage and starts searching.

Roll:

((Didn't need to roll for that, but whatever.))

Trotson finds that he did, in fact, pack five facial masks; while Wrangler and Wraith need them for appearances, Trotson must have figured that putting one on Farnsworth was just silly.
Crystalite
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

Back to top Go down

Post  Zarhon Mon Jan 13, 2014 6:52 pm

Busker tries on one of the masks. "If we need to do a doctor act, my cover name is Dr. Heart Fireflank. Lets roll, I say. Our plans will probably self-destruct once we see what's going on inside, anyway. Maybe we're lucky and its right in the lobby."
Zarhon
Zarhon
Smile Smile Smile
Smile Smile Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  Lapis-Lazily Mon Jan 13, 2014 7:07 pm

Wraith puts on one of the masks gleefully. "Just call me nurse Open Heart! Oh, sorry. Gotta act adult. My name is nurse Open Heart, pleased to make your acquaintance," Wraith says with a slight bow.
Lapis-Lazily
Lapis-Lazily
Overworked Designer
Overworked Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  Quietkal Tue Jan 14, 2014 3:02 am

Wrangler grabs a mask and gives it a sniff, before pulling out a dirty brown bandana and tying it on instead, much more comfortable with the familiar fabric than the (slightly) plastic scented mask. "Manehattan's a big place. All these important doctors're gonna need a bodyguard."
Meta:
Quietkal
Quietkal
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  Lapis-Lazily Tue Jan 14, 2014 6:47 pm

Wraith suddenly enters a posture as austere as she looks as though some kind of switch has been flipped. "Well team, we have ponies to save and source of disease to find. It is of utmost importance that we hasten on our way the hospital. Ponies our counting on our expertise," she says as she begins walking forward to the hospital. "I will not wait while ponies suffer in sickness. Hurry up."
Lapis-Lazily
Lapis-Lazily
Overworked Designer
Overworked Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  Crystalite Wed Jan 15, 2014 5:52 pm

An hour later...

You find your way at the hospital with no particular incident. ((I hope.)) It looks far bigger now than it did from a distance; you have to crane your neck to see the top! A bronze statue of Saint Crosspatch stands in a small yard in front. She looks rather caring, but stern, and you get the strange feeling that she might be watching you, somehow.

Reporters are milling around the doorway, talking to various ponies and others who look like they belong to the hospital. There are also two Royal Guards posted on either side of the wide, double doors.
Crystalite
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

Back to top Go down

Post  Quietkal Wed Jan 15, 2014 6:12 pm

Wrangler glances periodically at the statue, somewhat worried by its stare. "So this is the place then?"
Quietkal
Quietkal
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  Zarhon Wed Jan 15, 2014 11:05 pm

"Isn't the giant bronze statue a dead giveaway? In any case, unless our artifact happens to be her bronze holiness, we probably should go inside. It looks like the press is nosing in on the act already, and those guards look like the annoying sort, so we may need to find an alternate entrance. Or, you know, we can lie through our teeth.", Busker muses.

Perception:
Zarhon
Zarhon
Smile Smile Smile
Smile Smile Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  Lapis-Lazily Wed Jan 15, 2014 11:28 pm

"Jade, could you forge some doctor's ID cards for us? Make mine out as Dr. Open Heart, and connect us to Canterlot University. It's hard to get more prestigious than that one. When we've got the ID's, stand back, let me talk, and act like you're meant to be here."
Lapis-Lazily
Lapis-Lazily
Overworked Designer
Overworked Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  Crystalite Wed Jan 15, 2014 11:39 pm

Zarhon wrote:
Perception:

There are no windows on the ground floor, and the lowest open windows are at least three stories up by Busker's estimation.

((Translation: Unless you find some way to assist the climb, you're looking at about a DC 35 Acrobatics to climb the wall, followed (probably) by a Stealth Check to not be noticed once you climb in the window.))

((EDIT: Unless, of course, you have Spider Climb like Busker does >_< ))
Crystalite
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

Back to top Go down

Post  Curunir Sun Jan 19, 2014 3:21 am

Jade, who was staring at the bronze statue, turned to respond to Whisper.

"Hm?  Sure thing!  Not the most glamorous thing I've recreated, but since it serves the job at hoof...hmm, Canterlot University... got it..."

She pulls out some materials from her bag, takes some quick photos, and puts together some official-looking ID cards for everypony in the group.

"There!  Should do the trick Whisp...er... 'Dr. Heart'.  Alright, lead on!"

She hands (hoofs?) out an ID card to everypony

Spoiler:
Curunir
Curunir
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content