Pony Tales: Aspirations of Harmony
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Newbiespud's Fallout: Equestria Podcast Game (Fallout is Dragons)

+14
Eainix
Dusk Raven
WovenTales
Crystalite
deonte9109
Oblivious
Hayatecooper
City Strider
Z2
Zarhon
LoganAura
Lapis-Lazily
Xel Unknown
Newbiespud
18 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Newbiespud's Fallout: Equestria Podcast Game (Fallout is Dragons) Empty Newbiespud's Fallout: Equestria Podcast Game (Fallout is Dragons)

Post  Newbiespud Tue Jan 14, 2014 7:12 pm

As announced this morning on FiD, I'm planning on running a Skype game set in the Fallout: Equestria universe.

FALLOUT IS DRAGONS

War... War never changes.

In the southern reaches of the magical land of Equestria, there was a place known as the Badlands. It was a region devoid of life and civilization, where only the toughest monsters lived. And the most feared and most powerful of all these monsters were the mighty dragons. Technically at peace with Equestria, yet fiercely territorial, the dragons called the volcanoes and canyons of the Badlands their home.

Yet when the ponies and zebras rained spellfire down on each other, even the dragons were not spared from total destruction. Those who were not decimated by the balefire blasts were torn apart by necrotic magic, and those who were not torn apart by necrotic magic were fatally poisoned by intense radiation. After a single generation, the last of the Badlands dragons perished, and the region fell quiet for two centuries.

When ponies left their underground Stables and began to colonize the Equestrian Wasteland, the Badlands was one of the last places to be rediscovered. Of course, that is not what they called the region. With the skeletons of dragons dotting the landscape, and the great cracks in the earth forming fang-like spires around the entire region, there was only one name for this transformed territory:

Dragon's Maw.

Dragon's Maw quickly gained a reputation for being one of the harshest environments in the wasteland. Out of all the rumors it spawned, the Gunsmith's Curse stands out the most. It's said that the precious guns and ammo of the Equestrian Wasteland simply fail in the Maw. They jam and break down more easily the moment they enter. "Always bring a knife to the Maw," it is said. "When your guns break and your friends fall, at least the blade won't fail you."

Despite all this, Dragon's Maw is somewhat settled, drawing in travelers from across the wasteland, seduced by its promise of unguarded dragon riches and ancient artifacts. Those who come to Dragon's Maw in search of gold or power are known as Prospectors. Those who stay, whether because they've given up hope of finding treasure or because they have nowhere else to go (or both), are known as Outcasts.

You are part of a caravan of new Prospectors, each coming to Dragon's Maw for your own reasons. Behind you, the Equestrian Wasteland is changing, perhaps for the better. You might have heard the name Littlepip in your travels. But none of that affects the journey you are about to take. It takes a long time for change to reach remote places like Dragon's Maw, where a wasteland is still a wasteland, and war... war never changes.

Recruiting is over! Out of 19 applicants, these 6 will be playing:
Lapis-Lazily - Powder Keg - Unicorn raider-slayer.
Dally - Flotsam - Pegasus filly demolitionist.
Space Jawa - Tempered Steel - Minotaur champion of JUSTICE!
AK Codeman - Firelight - Follower of the Apocalypse.
Masterweaver - Dr. Javolt - Donkey purveyor of SCIENCE!
Cuteless - Xencarn - Zebra novice Necromancer.

The game takes place on Sundays at 6PM PST. The game will be recorded, edited, and then put up on the YouTube channel. People can listen in on the game live by spectating on the Skype call (though I think there's a maximum limit on that).

There's a running Consolidation Doc for character sheets, session notes, and FAQs here.

EPISODES
Session 0 - Flametongue

Last edited by Newbiespud on Wed Jan 22, 2014 12:34 am; edited 16 times in total
Newbiespud
Newbiespud
Friendship is Dragons Author

Back to top Go down

Newbiespud's Fallout: Equestria Podcast Game (Fallout is Dragons) Empty Re: Newbiespud's Fallout: Equestria Podcast Game (Fallout is Dragons)

Post  Xel Unknown Tue Jan 14, 2014 7:49 pm

OH BOY, fallout equestria... If I wasn't already mid-way building characters for other campaigns I'd totally be building something for this one.
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

http://us3.herozerogame.com/?resource_request=23219_2_1

Back to top Go down

Newbiespud's Fallout: Equestria Podcast Game (Fallout is Dragons) Empty Re: Newbiespud's Fallout: Equestria Podcast Game (Fallout is Dragons)

Post  Lapis-Lazily Tue Jan 14, 2014 7:49 pm

Oh man, that sounds really awesome. I absolutely love Fallout Equestria. I must ensure to make a character as awesome as possible so I can get in on this.
Lapis-Lazily
Lapis-Lazily
Overworked Designer
Overworked Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  LoganAura Tue Jan 14, 2014 8:03 pm

I'd liek to watch time permitting.
LoganAura
LoganAura
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Zarhon Tue Jan 14, 2014 8:25 pm

Oooh, interested. Though I haven't really read much of FO:E fics, I did play a bunch of Fallout. Hopefully that's enough?

Would it be using the 'revamped' abilities rules (30 points), the old utility/genetics (8 racials + 5 utilities), or fixed races? Any banned utilities? Any special rules regarding combat (as is expected from a Fallout-based setting), or character mortality (e.g. PC dies - what then for that player)?

Character wise, I think I'd be going with a scientist, focusing on history/heal.

Last edited by Zarhon on Tue Jan 14, 2014 8:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
Zarhon
Zarhon
Smile Smile Smile
Smile Smile Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  Z2 Tue Jan 14, 2014 8:26 pm

WHERE in the Fallout: Equestria canon is this? After the story end but before the epilogue? After the epilogue? Parallel universe where we're taking part in essentially the same thing Littlepip did? I need to know to make my character properly.
Z2
Z2
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  City Strider Tue Jan 14, 2014 8:47 pm

Similar questions to above, really. Setting info would be nice before making a character. Usually like to make those before I even look at stats, if possible. But otherwise, I have read FO:E and Project Horizons, and will be interested if this pans out. I'm in the AoH Skype group named Morgan if you need to find me.

Oh, another question: skype combat rules or board combat rules? If you prefer board, I'd suggest this site:
roll20.net

It takes a little playing around to learn all the shortcuts, but I've found it worth it, and am currently using it to run Pathfinder fairly smoothly. If I can use that site to run Pathfinder, I'm fairly sure it'll lend itself well to tabletop LL.
City Strider
City Strider
Cutie Mark Crusader
Cutie Mark Crusader

Back to top Go down

Post  Newbiespud Tue Jan 14, 2014 9:04 pm

Adding this note:

• If you ARE familiar with FOE, then this takes place shortly after the story ends, but far enough away from the action that the ripple effects from Littlepip's adventures haven't quite reached them yet. There are rumors and stories and travelers, but the wasteland is still the wasteland.

Also added a freaking huge campaign intro to set the scene.
Newbiespud
Newbiespud

Back to top Go down

Post  Hayatecooper Tue Jan 14, 2014 9:54 pm

Are you inclduing things from other side stories?
For example Project Horizons, Heroes and Pink Eyes? So would a blackjack style cyborg-esq character work or a naive child?
Hayatecooper
Hayatecooper
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Zarhon Tue Jan 14, 2014 10:08 pm

Posted the character's initial concepts via email. I'll probably do the actual character sheet later tomorrow / in a few days.
Zarhon
Zarhon
Smile Smile Smile
Smile Smile Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  City Strider Tue Jan 14, 2014 10:18 pm

What are skill equivalencies? Ergo, what's gonna be things like Science or Security in the games? Might want to be careful about putting it all under mechanics, especially since I'm tempted to play either a restorationist (travels around trying to bring back the old world, collecting keepsakes and notes when he can't) or a monk traveling to find enlightenment.
City Strider
City Strider
Cutie Mark Crusader
Cutie Mark Crusader

Back to top Go down

Post  Oblivious Tue Jan 14, 2014 10:20 pm

I suppose I'll throw my hat into the ring as well, once I get around to answering the stuff in the questionnaire.
Oblivious
Oblivious

Back to top Go down

Post  Newbiespud Tue Jan 14, 2014 10:26 pm

• Using the Skype rules.
  • Not using the Abilities overhaul.
  • I've read some of the Side Stories, but much like the main story, I'm taking as little direct influence as possible from them.
  • As for Fallout-specific skills like Lockpicking, Repair, and Science, let's say Stealth, Mechanics, and Arcana are the equivalents.
Newbiespud
Newbiespud

Back to top Go down

Post  Z2 Tue Jan 14, 2014 10:40 pm

I take it we're not using the talent specialization supplement?
Z2
Z2
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  LoganAura Tue Jan 14, 2014 10:44 pm

That's not official though, and is being incorperated into the new ability doc, isn't it?
LoganAura
LoganAura
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Newbiespud Tue Jan 14, 2014 10:52 pm

Z2 wrote:I take it we're not using the talent specialization supplement?
  • Nope.
Newbiespud
Newbiespud

Back to top Go down

Post  Z2 Tue Jan 14, 2014 10:55 pm

Nnnot really, Logan, I mean, the philosophy of upgrading utilities you have for a cheaper cost is being included, but many of the actual upgrades and the general depth of tinkering is rather left out.
Z2
Z2
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  deonte9109 Wed Jan 15, 2014 2:05 am

Got most of the grunt work done I'll take my psych eval later.
deonte9109
deonte9109
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Crystalite Wed Jan 15, 2014 8:41 am

Wow, I wish I could do this. Sadly, Skype is a bad idea for me right now...
Crystalite
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

Back to top Go down

Post  Zarhon Wed Jan 15, 2014 6:23 pm

Character sheet done, and sent to email. Should I post it here as well for the others? She's pretty much a fully-specialized griffon healer.
Zarhon
Zarhon
Smile Smile Smile
Smile Smile Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  Z2 Wed Jan 15, 2014 11:16 pm

Right, I haven't picked the combat items, and I fully expect I might have to alter the attribute distribution depending on what everybody else has, but meet Starlight Celebration.

Z2
Z2
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Hayatecooper Thu Jan 16, 2014 2:16 am

Done and Done, won't post the questionnaire up on the forum but here is the character sheet!
Introducing!
Xencarn, the Apprentice Zebra Necromancer
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1GofOUUagiRyH1iwazQL98ze33FQUxlw2qdq97Fla_B0/edit
Hayatecooper
Hayatecooper
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  WovenTales Thu Jan 16, 2014 1:57 pm

I figure that I should say now that I'm interested, and should have the questionnaire filled out soon. There certainly seems to be a lot of people wanting to be a part of this.

WovenTales
Cutie Mark Crusader
Cutie Mark Crusader

Back to top Go down

Post  Zarhon Thu Jan 16, 2014 2:49 pm

Might as well post my sheet here if others are: Meet Ivy!
Zarhon
Zarhon
Smile Smile Smile
Smile Smile Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  Dusk Raven Thu Jan 16, 2014 7:54 pm

I'd like to spectate if possible, as I haven't read FO:E and am not sure I'm going to, but this seems like it'll be an interesting campaign to watch.
Dusk Raven
Dusk Raven
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next