Psychoneights (Begun) (PbP)

Page 5 of 19 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 12 ... 19  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Psychoneights (Begun) (PbP)

Post  Cardbo on Sun Mar 16, 2014 11:40 pm

I have no idea what Vibe is.  Can someone point me in the right direction?

EDIT:DERP! Missed the text in spoilers.
Cardbo
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Quietkal on Sun Mar 16, 2014 11:42 pm

Cardbo wrote:I have no idea what Vibe is.  Can someone point me in the right direction?
Crystallite created it as an additional 'skill' for the Warehouse campaign, which Elacular and myself are participating in.
Its bonus is half the combination of your Arcana and your Perception.
ex. Cloud Hopper has Arcana 10 and Perception 7. Combined, that's 17. Halved that makes it 8.5, which I round up to 9 because most numbers get rounded up in the system.
Quietkal
Element of Harmony

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest on Mon Mar 17, 2014 1:27 pm

Can anyone think of any reason why Paladin might off been so quiet until now? Because honestly. Having his sarcastic clapping ignored, and having been denied the ability to reply before the RP moved on, crushed my motivation to post in the RP.

Paladin is a loud, bold and emotional pony. Yet currently, it feels like nopony even knew he was on the wagon!
Fury of the Tempest

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Quietkal on Mon Mar 17, 2014 1:38 pm

Overslept? I think that's what Cardbo's character was trying to set up for you since you hadn't made any actions recently. Also sorta starts tying the party together.
Quietkal
Element of Harmony

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Elacular on Mon Mar 17, 2014 1:41 pm

I made a mistake. That's my fault and I'm sorry. But we would all be glad to have that change, but you have to have him do things. If you don't want to post in the RP anymore, than I'd rather have you just leave than wait every time for you to post before deciding to move on at the risk of you exploding on me again. And beyond that, he is your character. It's up to you to understand why things happen to him. But if you really need a reason, it's simple: All the PCs that are campers are first time students and are experiencing an entirely new, scary, confusing world. And beyond that, Pyro is just as loud, boisterous and emotional as you, as well as one of the counselors. It makes sense that he'd sort of steal the spotlight. And, like Quietkal said, Cardbo expressly tried to set up an excuse for you for at least this morning in oversleeping. We want you to be a part of this RP, but you have to actually be a part of it.

tl;dr, I'm sorry I messed up with GMing. It won't happen again. But please, find the motivation to post or leave.
Elacular
Best Pony
Best Pony

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Cardbo on Mon Mar 17, 2014 1:43 pm

Fury of the Tempest wrote:Can anyone think of any reason why Paladin might off been so quiet until now? Because honestly. Having his sarcastic clapping ignored, and having been denied the ability to reply before the RP moved on, crushed my motivation to post in the RP.

Paladin is a loud, bold and emotional pony. Yet currently, it feels like nopony even knew he was on the wagon!

Quietkal wrote:Overslept? I think that's what Cardbo's character was trying to set up for you since you hadn't made any actions recently. Also sorta starts tying the party together.

Thats pretty much it.  

On a related note. I'm not complaining, but I was kinda expecting a bit of a reaction to Dart falling off his bunk,   I'd been happy with at least an eye roll. or something.
Cardbo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest on Mon Mar 17, 2014 1:52 pm

Hmmmm... overslept? You know, that could work. Plus, as loud as Paladin is, he does have a reflective side to him... so he might of gone off by himself to think before going to sleep....
Fury of the Tempest

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ZamuelNow on Mon Mar 17, 2014 4:58 pm

Elacular wrote:tl;dr, I'm sorry I messed up with GMing. It won't happen again.

Bah, it's not like your players didn't know they were riding on the back of a flying apocalyptic dragon robot or something. GMing mistakes happen. Just try to keep in mind plot hooks for the players. Paladin has a sarcastic streak that some characters will react to. Marsh is precognitive which allows you to do all sorts of things as a GM. And more. Ponder something interesting each player could do or interact with.
ZamuelNow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Elacular on Mon Mar 17, 2014 6:37 pm

ZamuelNow wrote:Bah, it's not like your players didn't know they were riding on the back of a flying apocalyptic dragon robot or something.

Well, there's that plot thread down the drain. Also, everyone make a will save to keep from booing Featherbow.[/sarcasm]
Elacular
Best Pony
Best Pony

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Crystalite on Mon Mar 17, 2014 7:52 pm

I rolled a 4, is that sufficient?
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Elacular on Mon Mar 17, 2014 8:17 pm

Nope. Pyro now feels an irrepressable urge to heckle and abuse Featherbow.
Elacular
Best Pony
Best Pony

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Cardbo on Thu Mar 20, 2014 5:04 pm

Elacular wrote:

At Pyro's shout to the campers, one older colt with thick glasses yelled back "Well, I can't speak for the others, but..."

Is this Paladin speaking here? Its the same font color and from what I know of his character so far sounds like him.
Cardbo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Elacular on Thu Mar 20, 2014 8:04 pm

Cardbo wrote:
Elacular wrote:

At Pyro's shout to the campers, one older colt with thick glasses yelled back "Well, I can't speak for the others, but..."

Is this Paladin speaking here?  Its the same font color and from what I know of his character so far sounds like him.

No no, The matchy thing was accidental. I would never hijack someone's character and I don't think Paladin has glasses.
Elacular
Best Pony
Best Pony

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Cardbo on Thu Mar 20, 2014 9:17 pm

Elacular wrote:
Cardbo wrote:
Elacular wrote:

Is this Paladin speaking here?  Its the same font color and from what I know of his character so far sounds like him.

No no, The matchy thing was accidental. I would never hijack someone's character and I don't think Paladin has glasses.

Well, I didn't think you hijacked his character. I was more hoping you'd worked something with Fury in advance.

@Fury

How's it look? Should we start posting? Or is there something in particular you had in mind?
Cardbo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Elacular on Fri Mar 21, 2014 4:15 pm

Shall I just hop forward to when everybody gets pulled into Featherbow's mind? I'm worried my pacing might be too crazy.
Elacular
Best Pony
Best Pony

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Cardbo on Fri Mar 21, 2014 4:30 pm

I'm enjoying the pacing so far. In fact, I do have plans for a post, just don't want to step on anyone's toes. If no one objects, I'll put it up in a bit.

I don't want to rush anything. The current characters don't really know who everybody in the party is. They've barely interacted, except with Sargent Pyro. I don't think fast forwarding would help.
Cardbo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ZamuelNow on Fri Mar 21, 2014 9:54 pm

Cardbo wrote:The current characters don't really know who everybody in the party is.

That's interesting since I wasn't sure if we were actually supposed to form a more traditional party.
ZamuelNow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Cardbo on Fri Mar 21, 2014 10:08 pm

ZamuelNow wrote:
Cardbo wrote:The current characters don't really know who everybody in the party is.

That's interesting since I wasn't sure if we were actually supposed to form a more traditional party.

Well if we don't we're going to need to split up. Thats usually an additional headache for the PH, but it might be what Elacular was planning on.

If so, than I shall bow to the will of the PH.
Cardbo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Elacular on Fri Mar 21, 2014 10:18 pm

Well, I was hoping we'd do the traditional party thing, but I understand it can't happen right away. I was thinking that Featherbow would assign teams for the first mind dive and Pyro would just sort of end up a part of yours by circumstance.
Elacular
Best Pony
Best Pony

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Cardbo on Sat Mar 22, 2014 12:33 am

What might have thrown people off a bit. Its mentioned IC that there are perks for finding arrowheads or doing jobs that count as arrowheads. It somewhat implies that some point the party members will go off on their own to take care of these. If its not too much of a hassle, and it seems like a good idea, specify that parties are only for when using the Psychoportal. In other words, you work through a Psychoportal in s party, but when you exit, you can split up and do what you want.

Thoughts?
Cardbo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ZamuelNow on Sat Mar 22, 2014 12:59 am

Well...there's some things that feel somewhat competitive and antagonistic. Probably mildly amplified by one of the players being one of the counselors. Merely noting things as opposed to complaining.
ZamuelNow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Elacular on Sat Mar 22, 2014 1:35 am

Hrrrm...Well, I was figuring that you guys could decide which side quests to take as a group when you're more organized. I intended the competition to be more with the other campers (thus the "first group through" getting the reward), but I'm not going to railroad you guys into being happy funtime friends. I guess we'll see what happens. I'm not against you guys forming a party or not forming a party. It's up to you.
Elacular
Best Pony
Best Pony

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Cardbo on Sat Mar 22, 2014 3:10 am

Maybe we should discuss it IC? If it seems like a good idea to form a party, we form a party. If not, then we don't.

Cardbo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Cardbo on Sun Mar 23, 2014 1:16 am

Fury of the Tempest wrote:
Paladin had no desire to become a weapon, or a killer... he was a leader, he was sure of that. Even before his telekinesis was unleashed, it was discovered that his psychic powers were inspiring others alongside his words. That is what he wanted to do. To inspire, push ponies to do their best... not to destroy and disrupt. But to lead and heal...

A humble suggestion.  Use this.  If Paladin wants to lead, he should be looking for followers.  I may be a bit biased here regarding my suggestion of forming a party, but I think here would be a perfect opportunity to RP this..

Again, its just a suggestion.  Take or leave as you will.
Cardbo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Cardbo on Mon Mar 24, 2014 3:40 pm

Hoping I'm not being too pushy, but there doesn't seem to be a response from either Marsham or Cloud to Dart's question.

Are Marsham and Cloud sitting together at breakfast? I'm assuming so, but I didn't see anything to indicate either way.
Cardbo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 19 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 12 ... 19  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top