Pony Tales: Aspirations of Harmony
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My Little Inferno: Evil is Magic - [Session 12 played!]

+6
PossiblyInsane
Doc pseudopolis
Crystalite
Lapis-Lazily
deonte9109
Zarhon
10 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

My Little Inferno: Evil is Magic - [Session 12 played!] Empty My Little Inferno: Evil is Magic - [Session 12 played!]

Post  Zarhon Wed Feb 12, 2014 12:24 am

In the depths of Dimension H, trouble is brewing. Which is understandable, as trouble happens to be one of the finest (in other words, worst) beverages one can acquire in such a hellish dimension of existence - often when you don't want any. In other words, infernal business as usual.

But there is still big news that all the demons, villains, fiends, scoundrels and former politicians are all scheming and spreading misleading tales about: rumor has it that a brand new dimension, as of yet untouched by the ever-spreading influence of dimension H's agents (with their trickery and contracts), has acquired a link to lovely Dimension H.

Now, the tortured and torturous fiends of Dimension H are no fools: they don't go mucking about portals they don't know about, especially not after their finest seers entered a maniacal laughing mania after a mere cursory glance on this mysterious new dimension. Luckily, there are plenty of aspiring bottom-rank fiends to serve as the canary pioneers...

Are you tired of eternal bureaucratic tortures? Are you looking for a promotion? Are you willing to laugh at others misfortune? Dimension H needs the lowest of the low, such as yourself! Just find a few equally motivated f(r)iends, and head on down to the summoning contract offices for an 'eviluation' test, for a chance to dig your talons/tentacles/feet/hooves/claws/tendrils into a brand new dimension!

About the setting:
My Little Inferno - Evil is Magic is set in "dimension H", a bureaucracy-driven hell dimension, where evil of many different dimensions is drawn to (usually against their will). The PCs are all former/defeated/banished villains, scoundrels, demons, or other form of 'evil' character from a variety of worlds, sent on missions (contracts) to Equestria, either due to being summoned by its inhabitants, or other causes.

The campaign itself, however, will mostly focus on events in Equestria, where the PCs shapes and forms will change to better fit with its locals. Time-wise, this Equestria happens somewhere prior to Discord's appearance/imprisonment - Princess Luna and Celestia are currently rulers.

For more info (lore, session summaries, NPCs...) check out the consolidation doc:
My Little Inferno: Evil Is Magic - Consolidation doc

Game details:
This is a Skype game, so a microphone (due to difficulties handling a text-only player) and working/audible/stable call connection is required. Modules used are the updated abilities docs, though I would allow some of the 'cut' talents from the old docs, and am open to allowing some "custom" utility talents/abilities for characters, with proper balancing, of course. Updated rulebooks can be found here. Legacy/old/outdated rulebooks are here.

Players/Characters:
Disloyal Subject -/- Dark Chuckle, the Fiendish Brute
Deonte -/- Shark, the Loan Shark, and his companions, Butch & Stacy
Possibly Insane -/- Weasel, the Uncanny Mustelidae
Doc Pseudopolis -/- Intern, the Mimiga

Former Player(s):
Tygerburningbright -/- Wain Meister, the Psychic Master
Crystalite -/-Panic Attack, the Chaotic Knight
Elacular -/- Cinnamon, the Classy Temptress

Session Summaries:
Session 1 - The 'eviluation' exam
Session 2 - A new world?
Session 3 - The first contract
Session 4 - Evil is in bloom
Session 5 - Pushing daisies
Session 6 - Lab shenanigans
Session 7 - Lab shenanigans, pt2
Session 8 - Manor shenanigans
Session 9 - Manor shenanigans, pt2
Session 10 - Manor shenanigans, pt3
Session 11 - Manor shenanigans, pt4
Session 12 - Manor shenanigans, pt5
Session 13 - Insert title here

Last edited by Zarhon on Sun Jun 15, 2014 12:33 pm; edited 41 times in total
Zarhon
Zarhon
Smile Smile Smile
Smile Smile Smile

Back to top Go down

My Little Inferno: Evil is Magic - [Session 12 played!] Empty Re: My Little Inferno: Evil is Magic - [Session 12 played!]

Post  deonte9109 Wed Feb 12, 2014 12:33 am

....Yes.
deonte9109
deonte9109
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

My Little Inferno: Evil is Magic - [Session 12 played!] Empty Re: My Little Inferno: Evil is Magic - [Session 12 played!]

Post  Lapis-Lazily Wed Feb 12, 2014 12:50 am

I must join. Being evil is so damn fun.
Lapis-Lazily
Lapis-Lazily
Overworked Designer
Overworked Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  Crystalite Wed Feb 12, 2014 1:21 am

This is an awesome idea. But I'm in enough campaigns as it is...
Crystalite
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

Back to top Go down

Post  Doc pseudopolis Wed Feb 12, 2014 9:37 am

I'm interested, now that I know what sort of evil is needed.

Doc pseudopolis
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Zarhon Wed Feb 12, 2014 10:15 am

That's three people so far. I'll be aiming for 4-5. Asked in the FiD comments as well now.

Those of you interested: Could you post/PM what kind of "evil" acts your characters would be likely to commit, or what kind of villain they'd best compare to? It should let me set the general "degree" of evil in the campaign.

You can also try making sheets. Use whichever modules you need for now (point out which ones you're using), though assume abilities docs / borrowing abilities from old docs / custom abilities will be a thing.

Regarding character design, you technically have two appearances: One is the "true form", which can be humanoid, mythic monsters, demons/devils, eldritch abominations, or some other strangeness/chaotic design. The other (which you'll be using 90% of the game) will be your "pony form", which has minor traits like color/hairstyle/appropriate cutie marks - essentially your true forms, ponified to look "normal".
Zarhon
Zarhon
Smile Smile Smile
Smile Smile Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  Zarhon Thu Feb 13, 2014 2:36 pm

To those who are interested from FiD: Post here, rather than the FiD comments, so we all see who might be playing / what they're playing.

Also, so we can get a skype group to discuss things: My skype info/name is "zarhonling". Contact me there and I'll add you.
Zarhon
Zarhon
Smile Smile Smile
Smile Smile Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  PossiblyInsane Thu Feb 13, 2014 3:22 pm

I would be interested in this. A villainous equestrian adventure is not to be sniffed at.

PossiblyInsane
Cutie Mark Crusader
Cutie Mark Crusader

Back to top Go down

Post  tygerburningbright Thu Feb 13, 2014 5:06 pm

notice of interest
tygerburningbright
tygerburningbright
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Back to top Go down

Post  Elacular Thu Feb 13, 2014 5:18 pm

I'm posting interest. I'll have a character up before days end for your review.
Elacular
Elacular
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Zarhon Thu Feb 13, 2014 6:35 pm

All who are interested, and those who wish to spectate, provide your skype info.  Very Happy 
Zarhon
Zarhon
Smile Smile Smile
Smile Smile Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  Elacular Thu Feb 13, 2014 8:53 pm

Alrighty then, I've put together someone I think should work. Ladies and gents, the lovely Cinnamon.
Elacular
Elacular
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Senshuken Fri Feb 14, 2014 6:00 am

Well, I've Pm'ed a character concept and I've sent a request to join your skype group.
Senshuken
Senshuken
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Zarhon Fri Feb 14, 2014 4:31 pm

Replied. So far it's 7 people in the skype chat / interested, and am planning 4 or 5, maybe even 6 people playing.

Got two character concepts and one more-or-less completed character from Elacular so far.

I'm currently waiting to see what characters you've all come up with. To make things easier for me (and yourselves, if there's issues with making characters), I suggest you go check out this questionaire and privately post the answers to me. Lets me 'know' your characters a lot better (particularly motivations) and clear up any RP "blanks".

An agreement on the schedule of sessions needs to be made as well.

So far, I'm thinking Fridays/Saturdays, somewhere in late afternoon: between 8pm-11pm start time, GMT+1.

Can also maybe go Sunday evenings (3pm-8pm start?), but those might get interrupted or canceled.

Mid week sessions are also a possibility, but would depend on how my next semester is scheduled and as such could be subject to change. But that's at least a month away.
Zarhon
Zarhon
Smile Smile Smile
Smile Smile Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  Zarhon Sat Feb 15, 2014 9:00 pm

To clarify some things regarding the setting and expected "start" for your characters, I've set up a doc of public knowledge/lore of Dimension H.

Link is here. Added it to main post as well, along with other details mentioned on Skype/here.

Also added PossiblyInsane's character sheet to first post. That's two so far.
Zarhon
Zarhon
Smile Smile Smile
Smile Smile Smile

Back to top Go down

My Little Inferno: Evil is Magic - [Session 12 played!] Empty I'm here!

Post  Disloyal Subject Sun Feb 16, 2014 2:09 am

Alright, finally made an account here... one thing off the to-do list. Now I just need to wrangle with Google Docs & figure out how to post my characters.
In the time being, I've drafted 5 characters for this: There's
Skitter Loom, Spawn of Ungoliant (to those who don't know/recall, Ungoliant is basically the Echidna of Tolkien's Middle Earth - giant spider eldritch abomination, and the start of all their giant/evil spiders' bloodlines);
A fallen paladin motivated mainly by cowardice who has, since his Fall, recognized his cowardice and been less of a bully (but more of a [literal and figurative] backstabber) - not that that saved him from dying and landing in Dimension H;
A formerly D&D-ish half-orc (he'll start off as an earth pony in Equestria) Knight of Hextor motivated by conquest and evangelism, both in very mild forms for a servant of the God of Tyranny, whose greatest (and minor, IMO) act of evil is eating kittens (he carries a sackful around as a reflavor of Villainous Laughter in case he wants a snack - only minor evil because he treats them well);
A surfer-dude who spent a great deal of effort on ascending to minor fiendhood, and went to Dimension H voluntarily (based on a D&D character of mine; the others are all-new);
Aaand a smooth-talking, duplicitous archfiend stripped of most of his power and bound to a "weak" pony form as the end result of a natural 1 in a poker game (unless we come up with something funnier.)
I'll have to convert them to the new system as I transcribe them - they're made with the old 8 racial points & 5 utility talents build - but that shouldn't be hard. If the game coincides with any of my free time and everyone's willing to suffer through my introduction to Skype, I'll pick one to play!
Disloyal Subject
Disloyal Subject
Cutie Mark Crusader
Cutie Mark Crusader

Back to top Go down

Post  Zarhon Mon Feb 17, 2014 12:18 am

Added more sheets! Four working sheets so far, a minimum to play achieved! There's two more people interested/considered, Sensh and Disloyal (Eight/Lapis sort of dropped out due to time issues). Post those sheets so I can make my final decisions and we can start talking session times.  Very Happy

Ideally, we could have our first session (or at the very least, a test session) this friday. So gimme those last few sheets. Very Happy 
Zarhon
Zarhon
Smile Smile Smile
Smile Smile Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  Senshuken Mon Feb 17, 2014 9:00 am

Sorry, but I'm going to have to pull out. The times you want to run this starts early morning on days that I need to go to work.
Senshuken
Senshuken
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Zarhon Mon Feb 17, 2014 3:11 pm

Sorry to hear that, Sensh.

Since nobody else is interested, I'll go with the four that posted their sheets, and Disloyal's character (once he finishes his sheet and contacts me on Skype).

If everyone is on the board with it, first session will be this friday, starting somewhere between 9pm-11pmish, GMT +1. Confirm if that's okay or not, for rescheduling, etc...

Edit: Actually, that might need to be changed to Sunday, 5pm GMT+1.
Zarhon
Zarhon
Smile Smile Smile
Smile Smile Smile

Back to top Go down

My Little Inferno: Evil is Magic - [Session 12 played!] Empty Characters! Time?

Post  Disloyal Subject Sat Feb 22, 2014 6:26 am

So we're playing Sunday, 6PM GMT?

Got the characters I'm actually likely to play built:

Skitter Loom, Spawn of Ungoliant
Dark Chuckle, Fiendish Brute
Aaand an as-yet in need of a witty name Knight of Hextor.

...I may have abused my newfound discovery of link-y power. Oh well.
I'll polish these and edit on the other 2 - more our of a sense of organization than anything else, really - in the morning. Right now, I require sleep before I melt.
Disloyal Subject
Disloyal Subject
Cutie Mark Crusader
Cutie Mark Crusader

Back to top Go down

Post  Zarhon Sat Feb 22, 2014 1:10 pm

Uh, you need to alter the sharing options for those docs - we can't read those without "permission".
Zarhon
Zarhon
Smile Smile Smile
Smile Smile Smile

Back to top Go down

My Little Inferno: Evil is Magic - [Session 12 played!] Empty Er...

Post  Disloyal Subject Sat Feb 22, 2014 5:07 pm

Whoops. Forgot about that... long night.
Fixed, I think.
Hmm... looking over them, it looks like I made some customs as adaptations of legacy and/or tabletop stuff. Can you approve and/or veto them?
And... we are playing Sunday, GMT 6PM, right?
Disloyal Subject
Disloyal Subject
Cutie Mark Crusader
Cutie Mark Crusader

Back to top Go down

Post  Zarhon Sat Feb 22, 2014 6:46 pm

GMT+1, give or take an hour. We'll probably end up waiting an hour due to timezone confusions or lateness or something. I'll be there extra early just in case.

Edit: For reference, RIGHT NOW (as this edit/post is made), it is 22:47pm, saturday for me. Meaning the session will be 19-20 hours from this post.
Zarhon
Zarhon
Smile Smile Smile
Smile Smile Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  Zarhon Sun Feb 23, 2014 8:46 pm

Session 1 happened, and was a complete and utter success!  Very Happy 

Also, I made a consolidation doc!
Zarhon
Zarhon
Smile Smile Smile
Smile Smile Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  Elacular Mon Feb 24, 2014 9:28 pm

I've made some fairly significant changes to Cinnamon. I'd like you to check 'em out.

...also, could you re-send me her questionnaire? I kinda lost mine... Embarassed

Edit: Also, is it okay if Cinnamon now keeps a flask of brandy down her dress?
Elacular
Elacular
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next