Pony Tales: Aspirations of Harmony
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fever Enigmatic [PBP Mystery Campaign - Full]

+3
AProcrastinatingWriter
Crystalite
ZamuelNow
7 posters

Page 6 of 18 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 12 ... 18  Next

Go down

Fever Enigmatic [PBP Mystery Campaign - Full] - Page 6 Empty Re: Fever Enigmatic [PBP Mystery Campaign - Full]

Post  mjh6 Sun Mar 30, 2014 12:46 pm

You don't have anything to apologize for, TheCavalry, everyone is a newbie at some point. And you haven't done anything wrong,with S+E so don't worry.

Looking forward to playing with you. Very Happy
mjh6
mjh6
Newbie Designer
Newbie Designer

Back to top Go down

Fever Enigmatic [PBP Mystery Campaign - Full] - Page 6 Empty Re: Fever Enigmatic [PBP Mystery Campaign - Full]

Post  Crystalite Sun Mar 30, 2014 1:09 pm

M finally found the NPCs list. Fair warning: Marvelous isn't going to have a lot of pity for Fluffy Crust's "unluckiness". Which you may have gathered, of course. Just sayin'.
Crystalite
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

Back to top Go down

Post  ZamuelNow Sun Mar 30, 2014 9:18 pm

Crystalite wrote:Fair warning: Marvelous isn't going to have a lot of pity for Fluffy Crust's "unluckiness". Which you may have gathered, of course.

Oh?

TheCavalry wrote:I'm getting to the point where I feel like I'm spamming this thread.

And for your transgressions, we shall smash you on the rocks to feast upon your marrow and your soooooouuuul!!!

Fever Enigmatic [PBP Mystery Campaign - Full] - Page 6 Luna-17

*ten minute guitar solo*

We're glad to have you.  Everyone's gotta start somewhere and this seems to be a pretty laid back group.  You'll do fine, don't worry.  Besides, I sometimes make the most hilarious of mistakes as some of these players can attest to.  Just learn to go with the flow.

ZamuelNow wrote:Curious about the choice of Sweet and Elite.
Crystallite suggested it a few pages back, and again, it seemed like something that fit the flavour I was going for- some pony who has made a conscious effort to be known and liked. If it seems superfluous/complicated for a newbie though, I'm fine with removing it.

I think Sweet and Elite might be slightly "incorrect" for the campaign.  A lot ponies in town liking you simply comes from plot and backstory.  S+E is more of "big" notoriety.  Ponies from outside the town know about you.  You're a rock star.  You're mayor of the town.  You're the literal princess of the campaign setting. that sort of thing.  I think the stuff you've mentioned for your character don't need S+E here.  If you want her to be well known then you should keep it.  However, some of the benefits may be muted by who your character is.

Will your character use Memory to Mist?
MtM is mostly a backup. Again... I'm new. Not just to Pony Tales, but table top RPGs in general. Memory to Mist seemed like a handy way to 'reload' if I got outted; an, given how I'm building with some stealth abilities in mind, I thought waiting nine minutes then mind wiping would be an easy way to escape. Again though- if I'm misinterpreting, or it's inappropriate, I'll change it.

It's perfectly acceptable, just noting two things.  First is the ripple effect such a move causes when used.  Second is the simple question of "would she pull the trigger?"
ZamuelNow
ZamuelNow
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Back to top Go down

Post  Crystalite Sun Mar 30, 2014 10:22 pm

ZamuelNow wrote:
Crystalite wrote:Fair warning: Marvelous isn't going to have a lot of pity for Fluffy Crust's "unluckiness". Which you may have gathered, of course.

Oh?

Yes. Unless she turns out to be another Bad Luck Talent (doubtful) Marvel is simply going to feel like Fluffy hasn't seen *anything* yet. And even if she does turn out that way she's still going to feel that way at first; and then suspicious when she starts to catch on, and then finally a little more compassionate when she somehow confirms it.

EDIT: How about starting soon?
Crystalite
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

Back to top Go down

Post  ZamuelNow Mon Mar 31, 2014 12:46 am

Attempted to add all of the new arrivals to the plot, including Fairy Charmer. The last bits of the build can be updated as we go.
ZamuelNow
ZamuelNow

Back to top Go down

Post  AProcrastinatingWriter Tue Apr 01, 2014 1:14 am

Spoiler about lack of brain-power still applies, as evidenced by the fact I did not originally notice Marvelous was speaking to me.

I will have my latest post edited by 11:30...central time...to reflect this new information.
AProcrastinatingWriter
AProcrastinatingWriter

Back to top Go down

Post  ZamuelNow Tue Apr 01, 2014 11:31 am

Now that I sit and think about it, I'm going to specifically state that Fairy Charmer shouldn't have Sweet and Elite. Her usage of it doesn't actually apply to the campaign. Plus, that'll give points for other things.

As far as the order Fairy Charmer was sent to pick up, I'll allow TheCalvary to come up with the specifics.
ZamuelNow
ZamuelNow

Back to top Go down

Post  mjh6 Tue Apr 01, 2014 12:39 pm

Fairy Charmer should probably be added to the cast list on the front page now, right?
mjh6
mjh6
Newbie Designer
Newbie Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  ZamuelNow Tue Apr 01, 2014 12:47 pm

Eeyup.  Minor procrastination since I intended to get more NPC pictures completed.  Bare minimum, Fairy Charmer should be added by the end of the day even if the NPCs aren't created/uploaded.

Across all of my campaigns I will be adding a free default attack for all characters regardless of their build:

[0] Basic Blow - Standard Attack
Deal 1d6 damage to target creature.

For campaigns with tabletop rules, this will be Melee range.  While this can not crit and is relatively unimpressive, it is a option for characters to use regardless of role since they should theoretically have some way to defend themselves.

Last edited by ZamuelNow on Tue Apr 01, 2014 1:10 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Made an edit)
ZamuelNow
ZamuelNow

Back to top Go down

Post  TheCavalry Tue Apr 01, 2014 2:17 pm

ZamuelNow wrote:Now that I sit and think about it, I'm going to specifically state that Fairy Charmer shouldn't have Sweet and Elite.  Her usage of it doesn't actually apply to the campaign.  Plus, that'll give points for other things.

Huh. Coulda sworn I'd already deleted it. Well, it's gone now anyway, so...yeah.

And... I've found the pony creator, but can't get the image saved for some reason. I just placed the creation box code on the sheet instead as a compromise for the moment.
TheCavalry
TheCavalry
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  sunbeam Tue Apr 01, 2014 2:21 pm

TheCavalry wrote:And... I've found the pony creator, but can't get the image saved for some reason. I just placed the creation box code on the sheet instead as a compromise for the moment.

https://i.imgur.com/2GykcGf.png

Um...am I supposed to be able to see her eyes?
sunbeam
sunbeam
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  ZamuelNow Tue Apr 01, 2014 2:37 pm

It's using the previous editor build.

TheCavalry wrote:And... I've found the pony creator, but can't get the image saved for some reason. I just placed the creation box code on the sheet instead as a compromise for the moment.

Fever Enigmatic [PBP Mystery Campaign - Full] - Page 6 CFtNwVn

Save to your hard drive, open your sheet and Insert -> Image
ZamuelNow
ZamuelNow

Back to top Go down

Post  sunbeam Tue Apr 01, 2014 5:15 pm

AProcrastinatingWriter wrote:"Oh, Bitter? If I recall correctly, he's just up the street

Crystalite wrote:"I'm supposed to talk to Bitter Medicine today, could one of you tell me where to find him?

My flatmate is a mare, FYI.
sunbeam
sunbeam
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  ZamuelNow Tue Apr 01, 2014 6:09 pm

-Fairy Charmer has been added to the first post.
-The Glow Triplets and Apple Bright now have images
-Setting info: The players (and NPCs) that are native to the town would have some knowledge of the concept of natural bad luck due to Fluffy Crust. That said, Marvel's sheer amount of it might catch them off guard.
ZamuelNow
ZamuelNow

Back to top Go down

Post  AProcrastinatingWriter Tue Apr 01, 2014 9:22 pm

sunbeam wrote:
AProcrastinatingWriter wrote:"Oh, Bitter? If I recall correctly, he's just up the street

Crystalite wrote:"I'm supposed to talk to Bitter Medicine today, could one of you tell me where to find him?

My flatmate is a mare, FYI.

well boo
AProcrastinatingWriter
AProcrastinatingWriter

Back to top Go down

Post  AProcrastinatingWriter Wed Apr 02, 2014 12:42 am

DOUB<LE PO>ST

I have come to the realization that speaking with Birthday Cake is a bit like being slowly overwhelmed by a sweet old lady's insistence that you keep having "just one more slice of cake, dearie".
AProcrastinatingWriter
AProcrastinatingWriter

Back to top Go down

Post  ZamuelNow Wed Apr 02, 2014 1:20 am

Trying to give Fury a chance to post but I'll probably update tomorrow.
ZamuelNow
ZamuelNow

Back to top Go down

Post  mjh6 Wed Apr 02, 2014 9:14 pm

What kind of check could I do to remember if there are any jobs available? Is there a check I can make?
mjh6
mjh6
Newbie Designer
Newbie Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  ZamuelNow Thu Apr 03, 2014 12:02 am

I'll let you freelance a bit of worldbuilding based off of what you know about the town and what you know about the character asking.
ZamuelNow
ZamuelNow

Back to top Go down

Post  ZamuelNow Fri Apr 04, 2014 11:18 pm

Since we're still pretty early on in the campaign, I want to know everyone's opinion on this skill setup: https://ponytales.forumotion.com/t858p30-a-brand-new-system-official-announcement#77990
ZamuelNow
ZamuelNow

Back to top Go down

Post  Crystalite Sat Apr 05, 2014 1:31 am

I have no opinion.
Crystalite
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

Back to top Go down

Post  ZamuelNow Sat Apr 05, 2014 1:52 am

-I r dumb. Ignore-

Last edited by ZamuelNow on Sat Apr 05, 2014 4:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
ZamuelNow
ZamuelNow

Back to top Go down

Post  sunbeam Sat Apr 05, 2014 1:55 am

I like your skill system, and I'm not certain if the new system could hinge on it's different number system or not, so I'm a little hesitant to use it just yet.
sunbeam
sunbeam
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  ZamuelNow Sat Apr 05, 2014 9:04 pm

AProcrastinatingWriter wrote:If I were to use Whip Something Up (Fabricate) on this cart - possibly more than once - what skill check would I (probably) need in order to fix it up?

Mechanics. While technically using magic to do so, it's a feat of coordination and dexterity. DC 20 for something serviceable but may want to replace eventually. DC 25 for "good as new, if not better".
ZamuelNow
ZamuelNow

Back to top Go down

Post  ZamuelNow Sat Apr 05, 2014 9:35 pm

Triplets.

Though on that note, while they're keeping the same text color (they do sound the same), I probably will give them different fonts since they look different so telling them apart isn't hard in-universe.
ZamuelNow
ZamuelNow

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 18 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 12 ... 18  Next