Pony Tales: Aspirations of Harmony
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fever Enigmatic [PBP Mystery Campaign - Full]

+3
AProcrastinatingWriter
Crystalite
ZamuelNow
7 posters

Page 7 of 18 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 12 ... 18  Next

Go down

Fever Enigmatic [PBP Mystery Campaign - Full] - Page 7 Empty Re: Fever Enigmatic [PBP Mystery Campaign - Full]

Post  sunbeam Sat Apr 05, 2014 9:43 pm

I love how all hell is on the verge of breaking loose at the Party, and Sunset Stroll is just having a polite conversation with the deputy mayor, utterly oblivious.
sunbeam
sunbeam
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Fever Enigmatic [PBP Mystery Campaign - Full] - Page 7 Empty Re: Fever Enigmatic [PBP Mystery Campaign - Full]

Post  ZamuelNow Sat Apr 05, 2014 10:31 pm

AProcrastinatingWriter wrote:It may or may not actually be good as new - it depends on whether Careful Chef(Nimble Hooves) would allow for a bonus. It specifically mentions working on all mechanics checks, but I think saying that is supposed to be with the understanding that you're using your hooves...
...anywho. One use of Whip Something Up plus a Mechanics check: 12 + 11(Bonus) + 5?(Careful Chef?) equals either 23 or 28.

It's a daily with limited uses as opposed to a passive so I'm fine with Nimble Hooves being used. You may edit the post to reflect that if you want to use it.
ZamuelNow
ZamuelNow
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Back to top Go down

Post  AProcrastinatingWriter Sat Apr 05, 2014 10:53 pm

Eh, I'll keep it - like I said, Birthday's being overly-critical of her own work.
AProcrastinatingWriter
AProcrastinatingWriter

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Sun Apr 06, 2014 10:51 pm

So... I'm pretty sure my character is ready, flavour of talents aside... so... is there anything else that needs to be discussed in getting him into the RP?
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  sunbeam Sun Apr 06, 2014 10:55 pm

ZamuelNow wrote:
The school day so far had been mostly uneventful. Storm could see that the teacher had an absentminded streak, setting her glasses down and then utterly forgetting about them. But otherwise it was a pretty normal school day. In fact, they seemed to be a lesson behind where he was at his old school. He was admitted to class with no fanfare but as they were let out for a brief stretch break, the other foals crowded Storm in curiosity about the new kid.

You're already in the RP, mate.
sunbeam
sunbeam
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Sun Apr 06, 2014 10:57 pm

sunbeam wrote:
ZamuelNow wrote:
The school day so far had been mostly uneventful.  Storm could see that the teacher had an absentminded streak, setting her glasses down and then utterly forgetting about them.  But otherwise it was a pretty normal school day.  In fact, they seemed to be a lesson behind where he was at his old school.  He was admitted to class with no fanfare but as they were let out for a brief stretch break, the other foals crowded Storm in curiosity about the new kid.

You're already in the RP, mate.

... I wish Zamueal had PM'd me about that.
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  sunbeam Mon Apr 07, 2014 12:34 am

You could've just read the backlog. It's only about 2 and 1/2 pages. It's very entertaining. A cart gets obliterated by an oven.
sunbeam
sunbeam
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Mon Apr 07, 2014 12:35 am

I did read that actually. But I wasn't following the RP, nor did I get anything like 'Storm is good for the RP', so I didn't know what was going on.
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  ZamuelNow Mon Apr 07, 2014 6:47 pm

I think this is a sort of backfire of giving benefit of the doubt. With me GMing multiple campaigns Fury is in and also playing alongside him in others, the across the board absense in all of them I chalked up to being out for spring break or being busy with course work. I try to be careful about nagging. That said, the post here could have been more obvious and for that I apologize. I think there might have been a few questionnaire questions left but Storm's viable to play.
ZamuelNow
ZamuelNow

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Mon Apr 07, 2014 6:49 pm

I do admit, nearing the end of my education has been getting to me.
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  ZamuelNow Wed Apr 09, 2014 8:00 pm

-Bitter Medicin's image is now in the first post
-Added a direct link to my personal GM quirks to the first post. Also updated the document due to some recent changes here and there. I need to add the direct link to my other campaigns. Arguably, a few of them simply need early posts cleaned up.
ZamuelNow
ZamuelNow

Back to top Go down

Post  mjh6 Tue Apr 15, 2014 1:22 pm

So, could Summer use Traveler's Mantle to help with the endurance checks? Probably not, but I figure I should ask just in case.
mjh6
mjh6
Newbie Designer
Newbie Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  ZamuelNow Tue Apr 15, 2014 1:36 pm

Depends on how you would be role playing such a thing.
ZamuelNow
ZamuelNow

Back to top Go down

Post  mjh6 Tue Apr 15, 2014 1:39 pm

I figure it would be a conjuration of some sort, since that's what she specializes in. Gonna try something else in the IC thread first instead.

If I try to use Macgyver on the dryer, would I have to roll a skill check of some sort?
mjh6
mjh6
Newbie Designer
Newbie Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  sunbeam Tue Apr 15, 2014 3:06 pm

AProcrastinatingWriter wrote: "Pardon me for the intrusion, but don't you think that was a bit much?"
Um...both PCs and the Glow triplets have left, I believe. Who are you talking to?
sunbeam
sunbeam
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  ZamuelNow Tue Apr 15, 2014 3:49 pm

mjh6 wrote:If I try to use Macgyver on the dryer, would I have to roll a skill check of some sort?

No. The very thing that makes it useful (and potentially devalues the Mechanics skill) is that you go "and then I fixed it". The mechanical failure is causing problems with the magical portion but the magical part isn't directly damaged, thus this is feasible.

sunbeam wrote:
AProcrastinatingWriter wrote: "Pardon me for the intrusion, but don't you think that was a bit much?"
Um...both PCs and the Glow triplets have left, I believe. Who are you talking to?

My assumption is that Birthday Cake was talking to Marvelous Misfortune. If so, they've left but aren't hard to reach if she opted to give chase. The Glow Triplets are moving at an even pace--not too slow since they aren't going to delay but not too fast since they don't want to break anything else. Birthday can follow with ease. Just role play since this shouldn't be a hard roll.
ZamuelNow
ZamuelNow

Back to top Go down

Post  AProcrastinatingWriter Wed Apr 16, 2014 6:19 am

I was indeed (much belatedly) talking to Marvelous.
AProcrastinatingWriter
AProcrastinatingWriter

Back to top Go down

Post  ZamuelNow Wed Apr 16, 2014 5:22 pm

You should probably edit that in, at least acknowledging the need to catch up to them.
ZamuelNow
ZamuelNow

Back to top Go down

Post  mjh6 Wed Apr 16, 2014 6:04 pm

for the record, switched over from old Dazzling Performance to new Dazzling Performance.
mjh6
mjh6
Newbie Designer
Newbie Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  sunbeam Wed Apr 16, 2014 6:23 pm

I feel so loved.
sunbeam
sunbeam
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  ZamuelNow Wed Apr 16, 2014 6:51 pm

They're good revamps. Barring a few specific specials, the new ones just feel better. Main point of interest for the old set would be Assassin's Gambit.
ZamuelNow
ZamuelNow

Back to top Go down

Post  AProcrastinatingWriter Thu Apr 17, 2014 9:40 am

ZamuelNow wrote:You should probably edit that in, at least acknowledging the need to catch up to them.

Hmm...? Oh, I see now. I'll do that, yeah. In the meantime, I think it can be assumed that I have caught up without any difficulty? I doubt they're running full tilt after all.
AProcrastinatingWriter
AProcrastinatingWriter

Back to top Go down

Post  ZamuelNow Sat Apr 19, 2014 10:57 pm

Crystalite wrote:((...I actually have no idea what to expect here. I would think Bad Luck would've told her before she left. And I heard some talk among other characters about a "new arrival" renting out a chunk of mansion!? I'm surprised more ponies around here don't already know him fairly personally. I bet Bitter Medicine does, though; I sincerely hope she makes a reference to his color scheme...))

For numerous reasons, Marvel does not have space rented at the mansion. It would be at a house or warehouse converted to a duplex. That said, renting mansion space is actually not odd in the town. It is the way of the mayor being a good host to a newcomer they think can be trusted. But that notes the other thing, Midnight Clover is not home so he'd have to meet you first.

In theory...
ZamuelNow
ZamuelNow

Back to top Go down

Post  Crystalite Sat Apr 19, 2014 11:02 pm

...Whhyyy...?

Also, having taken another look at your NPC images, why do some of them have cloven hooves?
Crystalite
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

Back to top Go down

Post  ZamuelNow Sat Apr 19, 2014 11:18 pm

"Marvel has space in the mansion" simply never crossed my mind in planning.  In fact, the danger she presents would make me figure she'd be away from other members of the town as far as living space is concerned.  Convince me and I may redact.

As far as the hooves, most of the town residents are based off of ponies from MLP's second generation.  In G2, they had more overt hooves.  I was trying to mimic that without using the option similar to Big Mac but Pony Creator has limitations that you can't always hide.  All of them are supposed to have cutie marks too.  Bitter Medicin actually should have overt hooves but I can tweak a few backstory aspects.  Adding onto all that, the town's ponies are slightly taller than most.
ZamuelNow
ZamuelNow

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 18 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 12 ... 18  Next