Pony Tales: Aspirations of Harmony
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fever Enigmatic [PBP Mystery Campaign - Full]

+3
AProcrastinatingWriter
Crystalite
ZamuelNow
7 posters

Page 10 of 18 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 14 ... 18  Next

Go down

Fever Enigmatic [PBP Mystery Campaign - Full] - Page 10 Empty Re: Fever Enigmatic [PBP Mystery Campaign - Full]

Post  sunbeam Tue May 20, 2014 6:06 pm

Crystalite wrote:If nothing else, a mini-skip between "Takibg the wagon back" and "Stalking hanging with Fairy Charmer" would he terribly conveient.

Taking the wagon back is a means to get you away from Fairy Charmer for private converstion. I'd prefer we not skip over it in its entirety.
sunbeam
sunbeam
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Fever Enigmatic [PBP Mystery Campaign - Full] - Page 10 Empty Re: Fever Enigmatic [PBP Mystery Campaign - Full]

Post  Crystalite Tue May 20, 2014 7:23 pm

sunbeam wrote:
Crystalite wrote:If nothing else, a mini-skip between "Takibg the wagon back" and "Stalking hanging with Fairy Charmer" would he terribly conveient.

Taking the wagon back is a means to get you away from Fairy Charmer for private converstion. I'd prefer we not skip over it in its entirety.

Ah. Gotcha. I'll get after it, then.

Also:

TheCavalry wrote:Pony education seems...flexible.

That's going in the Out Of Context thread.

EDIT: A question for the GM. Hex is supposed to make Dirty Look last for an hour... Could I deliberately choose to use the default version that only affects the next check?
Crystalite
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

Back to top Go down

Post  mjh6 Tue May 20, 2014 7:41 pm

TheCavalry wrote:
Alternatively...well, Cheerilee doesn't exactly keep to a great school schedule. She basically cancelled class and let the kids have a parade outside to let Applebloom show off her cutie mark(s). Pony education seems...flexible.

Even if it wasn't, half days exist. If there was some holiday, or school thing right after school, they might be able to get out earlier.
mjh6
mjh6
Newbie Designer
Newbie Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  ZamuelNow Tue May 20, 2014 11:39 pm

Crystalite wrote:A question for the GM. Hex is supposed to make Dirty Look last for an hour... Could I deliberately choose to use the default version that only affects the next check?

You may but you only get one use for the whole day regardless. Also remember that it's not an interrupt.
ZamuelNow
ZamuelNow
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Back to top Go down

Post  Crystalite Wed May 21, 2014 9:02 pm

Both of those are fine. The critical part is making it momentary (Which would go largely unnoticed) instead of for an hour (which might raise an eyebrow.)
Crystalite
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

Back to top Go down

Post  TheCavalry Fri May 23, 2014 4:53 am

Even if it wasn't, half days exist. If there was some holiday, or school thing right after school, they might be able to get out earlier.[/quote]

What are these half days thou speaketh of? :maud: 

Anyway, I was just going to leave off posting until the meeting Marvellous, unless there was something anyone in particular wanted. Figure walking off a headache/getting the lies straight is best done 'off-screen'.
TheCavalry
TheCavalry
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  ZamuelNow Sat May 24, 2014 8:28 pm

TheCavalry wrote:Figure walking off a headache/getting the lies straight is best done 'off-screen'.

Oh?
ZamuelNow
ZamuelNow

Back to top Go down

Post  mjh6 Sun Jun 01, 2014 11:43 pm

So, it looks like everybody except Summer and Sunset is heading to the Party. Wondering what kind of situation they are going to run into. An oven monster, maybe?
mjh6
mjh6
Newbie Designer
Newbie Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  ZamuelNow Mon Jun 02, 2014 12:10 am

Bear with me. Multitasking while also playing catchup for not having computer access most of the day.
ZamuelNow
ZamuelNow

Back to top Go down

Post  ZamuelNow Fri Jun 06, 2014 12:11 pm

mjh6 wrote:So, it looks like everybody except Summer and Sunset is heading to the Party.

Reiterating this. Everyone except Summer Wishes and Sunset Stroll is at The Party.
ZamuelNow
ZamuelNow

Back to top Go down

Post  mjh6 Sun Jun 08, 2014 12:52 am

I just noticed, but I don't think Bitter Medicin responded to Sunset's explanation.
mjh6
mjh6
Newbie Designer
Newbie Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  TheCavalry Sun Jun 08, 2014 7:23 pm

You know...

After all the effort you put into getting us in one place, I'm very tempted to deliberately try break up the Party.

Heck, Crystalites got the breaking part started. Let's renovate this bakery!

...oh right, serious time.
You say the locals recognise Sun Rush. What's the local knowledge/gossip about he, and would that require a roll to access?

Last edited by TheCavalry on Sun Jun 08, 2014 7:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
TheCavalry
TheCavalry
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Crystalite Sun Jun 08, 2014 7:28 pm

TheCavalry wrote:You know...

After all the effort you put into getting us in one place, I'm very tempted to deliberately try break up the Party.

Now Cavalry...

Don'cha know, you never split the party
Clerics in the back, keep those fighters hale and hearty!
Wizards in the middle, where they can shed some light
And you never let that bucking rogue out of sight!
Crystalite
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

Back to top Go down

Post  sunbeam Sun Jun 08, 2014 8:23 pm

I solemnly hope that it becomes a Fever Enigmatic tradition that everything important or momentous happens at The Party while Sunset Stroll is back at the clinic.
sunbeam
sunbeam
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Crystalite Sun Jun 08, 2014 8:33 pm

So all we have to do to keep the town safe is keep Sunset at the Party?

Hmmm....
Crystalite
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

Back to top Go down

Post  ZamuelNow Sun Jun 08, 2014 11:06 pm

TheCavalry wrote:You say the locals recognise Sun Rush. What's the local knowledge/gossip about he, and would that require a roll to access?

Fairy would know who she is since she's the mayor and Midnight Clover's wife. Wouldn't know much since she would have left shortly after Charmer arrived. Guess you could roll History.

mjh6 wrote:I just noticed, but I don't think Bitter Medicin responded to Sunset's explanation.

Initially it was a delay but got busy this weekend. Will get to it though.
ZamuelNow
ZamuelNow

Back to top Go down

Post  sunbeam Wed Jun 11, 2014 5:35 pm

TheCavalry wrote:
Spoiler:

Do you not do one-pony shows? If not, who do you work with? There's no theater company in this town.
sunbeam
sunbeam
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  TheCavalry Wed Jun 11, 2014 5:38 pm

Oh, right. I thought it might be that, just... got a little confused by the context. Thought it was a reference to her not being a unicorn or something.

Sorry.
TheCavalry
TheCavalry
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  ZamuelNow Fri Jun 13, 2014 6:20 pm

Crystalite wrote:I think now is a good time to start it.

What Marvel and I want to do is Take 20 on a Perception check to realize that Fairy Charmer is a changeling. I am willing to spend a Magic Point if that alone isn't enough.

Can I do this? If so, do I need the Magic Point? And could the GM let me know when Marvel starts to realize what the rest of us already know?

While the discovery is a numeric possibility, I can't condone the attempt. It feels like too much of an in-character jump from "that's odd" to assuming someone is a changeling. It's arguably why that particular plot point should have been secret since what a player knows isn't the same as what the character does. On the side of game mechanics, Marvel can't really do a Take 20 since it involves uninterrupted time that she doesn't automatically have considering she's new to the town.

I will acknowledge that the main mystery has started up slowly. Part of me thinks things started wrong while part of me doesn't. While we didn't dive right in, there was a need to get used to the characters and setting. Want things to feel more organic than only existing for the plot. A lot of quirks and reveals so far have been subtle but will hopefully build to more. The one blindside was the school age characters, thus the shift in time.
ZamuelNow
ZamuelNow

Back to top Go down

Post  TheCavalry Tue Jun 17, 2014 5:15 pm

Huh. So, Crystalites.

You really weren't kidding when your background said we can't stop Marvel from staying in the town, were you?
That might be my favourite roll of the game so far.
TheCavalry
TheCavalry
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  ZamuelNow Tue Jun 17, 2014 5:17 pm

Worth pointing out that it's an opposed roll.  Cool 
ZamuelNow
ZamuelNow

Back to top Go down

Post  sunbeam Sat Jun 21, 2014 1:45 am

TheCavalry wrote:Yes, reasons. Marvellous seemed like the sort of pony who wouldn't do anything without a good reason behind it. That was the problem, wasn't it?
So far, every interaction she'd had with Fairy had seemed awfully...convenient.
Misfortune arrives in town and the first pony she meets? Fairy Charmer.
Fairy gets herself hurt, and the first pony to respond? Marvellous Misfortune.
And then there was how insistent she was about inspecting the unicorn after her accident.

Watch out everyone, I'm about to try to collapse the meta in on itself.

*ahem*

This post is so meta it's commenting on the meta nature of the potential to comment on the meta nature of a meta post commenting on the nature of previous metagame-influenced actions.

...It's so meta even this acronym.
sunbeam
sunbeam
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  ZamuelNow Sun Jun 22, 2014 11:43 am

TheCavalry wrote:Well, if I wasn't considering getting Fracture the Fourth Wall already...

It's actually permanently banned across all of my campaigns.
ZamuelNow
ZamuelNow

Back to top Go down

Post  TheCavalry Sun Jun 22, 2014 8:00 pm

Eh, it was mostly a joke.

And... Should I post us arriving there, or will you cover that in one of your GM posts? Sorry... Not entirely sure...how to work that...
TheCavalry
TheCavalry
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  ZamuelNow Sun Jun 22, 2014 9:13 pm

Crystalite wrote:((I'll let the GM decide how much Fairy Charmer sees. I guess. Or should I make an opposing roll?))

??? Elaborate please.

Crystalite wrote:((Also, can we be getting there soon?))

You can be there now if you so choose. Pending on where you go, you may see Summer Wishes, though only Fairy Charmer would know who she is of course.
ZamuelNow
ZamuelNow

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 18 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 14 ... 18  Next