Pony Tales: Aspirations of Harmony
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fever Enigmatic [PBP Mystery Campaign - Full]

+3
AProcrastinatingWriter
Crystalite
ZamuelNow
7 posters

Page 2 of 18 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10 ... 18  Next

Go down

Fever Enigmatic [PBP Mystery Campaign - Full] - Page 2 Empty Re: Fever Enigmatic [PBP Mystery Campaign - Full]

Post  Fury of the Tempest Thu Feb 20, 2014 4:44 pm

Suppose you have a point there...
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Back to top Go down

Fever Enigmatic [PBP Mystery Campaign - Full] - Page 2 Empty Re: Fever Enigmatic [PBP Mystery Campaign - Full]

Post  mjh6 Fri Feb 21, 2014 2:53 am

Yeah, thinking it over, I'd like to switch Summer's virtue over from tenacity to magic. Just thinks it suites her better. ( the upgrade doesn't  hurt either Wink )
mjh6
mjh6
Newbie Designer
Newbie Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  ZamuelNow Sat Feb 22, 2014 4:08 am

While this game would still be pbp, something I'd love to try would be for the game to use tabletop combat rules. What's everyone's opinion on this?
ZamuelNow
ZamuelNow

Back to top Go down

Post  mjh6 Sat Feb 22, 2014 4:27 am

I'm a bit mixed on it. On the one hand, it would open up some more options. On the other, I would have to give up Blood weapon, and I'm not sure I want to do that.
mjh6
mjh6
Newbie Designer
Newbie Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  sunbeam Sat Feb 22, 2014 1:23 pm

I love tabletop combat and would be totally open to this.
sunbeam
sunbeam
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  ZamuelNow Sat Feb 22, 2014 11:24 pm

mjh6 wrote:On the other, I would have to give up Blood weapon, and I'm not sure I want to do that.
Out of curiosity, what are your main interests with Blood Weapon?
ZamuelNow
ZamuelNow

Back to top Go down

Post  mjh6 Sat Feb 22, 2014 11:38 pm

Couple of different things actually.Mechanically, its a conjured weapon but it's cost is in life points instead of PiPs, which means that it fills a different niche than Form of the Reaper and Staff of Stars, and Eviscerate is pretty cool (5d8 when bloodied)

Conceptually, I figure that Blood Weapon was one of the spells that Summer found in the Life and Death book, along with form of the Reaper, All or nothing, implant Parasite, and Staff of Stars. I like the inherently slightly creepy nature of the spell requiring pain to be summoned and function, and how uncomfortable that could make Summer.
mjh6
mjh6
Newbie Designer
Newbie Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  sunbeam Sun Feb 23, 2014 12:18 am

Um...Blood Weapon definitely exists in Tabletop. I'm looking at it right now. Here's what it has listed as the tabletop version.

[0] Blood Weapon - Minor Utility [Inspired by Chris Pauly]
Pay 10 hp. If you do, you conjure a Blood Weapon in your hands. You can dismiss the Blood Weapon as a free action. While you are wielding a Blood Weapon, you cannot use your normal combat talents. Instead you may use the combat talents below.
[+2] Crow Claw - Standard Attack
Range: Melee
Deal 1d12 damage to target creature.
[+1] Douse in Blood - Minor Utility
You lose 5 hp.
[-1] Sanguine Cyclone - Standard Utility
Range: Burst 1
Deal 1d12 to all enemies in burst
[-4] Eviscerate - Standard Attack
Range: Melee
Deal 3d8 damage to target creature. If you are bloodied, deal 5d8 damage to that creature instead.
sunbeam
sunbeam
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  mjh6 Sun Feb 23, 2014 12:19 am

huh, must have missed it. well in that case, let's switch
mjh6
mjh6
Newbie Designer
Newbie Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  AProcrastinatingWriter Mon Feb 24, 2014 7:13 am

Aaaaaand finally done!

That took even longer than I though it would.

Meet Birthday Cake, a baker with a bit of a temper, though never an unjustifiable one. She owns a bakery called "The Party" that's more popular with the tourists instead of the townsfolk - though popular enough with them too - and tends to trade in her baked goods for others goods and services around town. In case the bit at the beginning and the combat talents aren't clear, her food is so good she can actually heal you, although she'll always deny that's the case if asked directly.

Version linked is a PDF, but I do have an actually-editable version that I'll post when we get to level 2. PDF keeps the formatting and text choice better, though.
AProcrastinatingWriter
AProcrastinatingWriter

Back to top Go down

Post  mjh6 Mon Feb 24, 2014 9:11 pm

Nice, APW

One thing that occured to me, Birthday Cake is a unicorn, her name used to include "Wish" and its a very small town. You think she and Summer could be related?
mjh6
mjh6
Newbie Designer
Newbie Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  ZamuelNow Tue Feb 25, 2014 1:43 am

You'll have to work things out among yourselves on whether or not you're related. However, there's another thing about Birthday Cake that will some interesting plot quirks and possible reveals. Adding to that, you may have given me an excuse to reuse a NPC that wasn't going to show up in this campaign.

Spellbook won't be needed since I'll be allowing all 8 combat talents by default.
ZamuelNow
ZamuelNow

Back to top Go down

Post  AProcrastinatingWriter Tue Feb 25, 2014 10:30 am

^I'll do some basic editing then, thank you.

@mjh6, that sounds completely logical to me. I'm thinking Summer Wish is Birthday's niece, then?
AProcrastinatingWriter
AProcrastinatingWriter

Back to top Go down

Post  ZamuelNow Tue Mar 04, 2014 1:34 am

I haven't forgot about this, just been drained from work. Hope to give Fury and any others interested a chance to join but I'm fine with running a small dedicated group. It's interesting that I'm likely to make a large number of changes to plot structure though I don't see it as a bad thing. Hope to sit down and post the NPC list tomorrow.
ZamuelNow
ZamuelNow

Back to top Go down

Post  sunbeam Tue Mar 04, 2014 2:37 am

Unfortunately, I'm not going to have internet access from about 4 am on Thursday, March 6, to 11:59 pm on Sunday, March 16. Hopefully the campaign isn't ready to start before that.
sunbeam
sunbeam
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  ZamuelNow Wed Mar 05, 2014 8:37 pm

I think I'll officially designate March 17 as the start date. I like giving people a chance to get signed up and for things to be fleshed out.
ZamuelNow
ZamuelNow

Back to top Go down

Post  mjh6 Thu Mar 06, 2014 1:36 pm

Hey! I finally got off my but and switched all my combat over into tabletop!
Also I switched out Parasite for Barter in Blood.

Looking forward to starting!
mjh6
mjh6
Newbie Designer
Newbie Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Tue Mar 11, 2014 4:44 pm

Just gonna post Storm, WIP.

Tabletop combat to be done.
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  mjh6 Tue Mar 11, 2014 5:50 pm

Fury, did you remember to change permissions?
mjh6
mjh6
Newbie Designer
Newbie Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Tue Mar 11, 2014 5:51 pm

Of course I did. Why wouldn't I do that?
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  mjh6 Tue Mar 11, 2014 6:05 pm

wasn't letting me look before. weird
mjh6
mjh6
Newbie Designer
Newbie Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  ZamuelNow Thu Mar 13, 2014 1:50 pm

Fury of the Tempest wrote:Of course I did. Why wouldn't I do that?

The default setting keeps it private. Many people accidentally forget to revert it when posting, myself included. Storm needs his bio info so I can follow up with the secondary questions. However, I'll go ahead and add him to the first post.
ZamuelNow
ZamuelNow

Back to top Go down

Post  mjh6 Thu Mar 13, 2014 2:41 pm

Okay, something has been at the back of my mind since I decided to have a companion. How exactly are we going to work with him? Am I going to be the one controlling him, or are we going to treat him like an NPC that the PH controls? I've seen it work differently depending on the PH...
mjh6
mjh6
Newbie Designer
Newbie Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  ZamuelNow Thu Mar 13, 2014 2:45 pm

95% of the time he will be under your control. I tend to leave companions mostly under player control, mooks as a sort of 50/50, and regular NPCs (including things like relatives) up to the GM.
ZamuelNow
ZamuelNow

Back to top Go down

Post  ZamuelNow Fri Mar 14, 2014 3:03 am

More characters will come in over time and you'll get more details as things progress.  However, I needed to stop procrastinating on this.  Vague to allow things to be open for plot hooks from players but I'm willing to elaborate on most questions.  Going to push the start date to Tuesday so sunbeam can get time to ask questions when he gets back.

Lustrous Ivy:

Light Burst:

Sun Rush:

Midnight Clover:

Glorious Morning:

Dulce Baya:

Burning Intuition:

Fluffy Crust:

Bitter Medicin:

Glow Triplets:
ZamuelNow
ZamuelNow

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 18 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10 ... 18  Next