Pony Tales: Aspirations of Harmony
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fever Enigmatic [PBP Mystery Campaign - Full]

+3
AProcrastinatingWriter
Crystalite
ZamuelNow
7 posters

Page 14 of 18 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18  Next

Go down

Fever Enigmatic [PBP Mystery Campaign - Full] - Page 14 Empty Re: Fever Enigmatic [PBP Mystery Campaign - Full]

Post  Crystalite Mon Aug 18, 2014 11:09 pm

AProcrastinatingWriter wrote:Only if the anvils start falling

Give me enough Chaos rolls, I could probably arrange that.
Crystalite
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

Back to top Go down

Fever Enigmatic [PBP Mystery Campaign - Full] - Page 14 Empty Re: Fever Enigmatic [PBP Mystery Campaign - Full]

Post  mjh6 Tue Aug 19, 2014 2:18 pm

so, is fury still here?
mjh6
mjh6
Newbie Designer
Newbie Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  ZamuelNow Wed Aug 20, 2014 7:09 pm

I gave him a heads up a while back and it very much seems like the answer is no.
ZamuelNow
ZamuelNow
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Back to top Go down

Post  sunbeam Sun Aug 24, 2014 4:33 pm

mj, care to raise the stepping stone so I can deposit our drunk friend?
sunbeam
sunbeam
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  sunbeam Tue Aug 26, 2014 8:57 am

ZamuelNow wrote:
Light Burst:

Here's what she looks like. I'll let her introduce herself.
sunbeam
sunbeam
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Crystalite Tue Aug 26, 2014 3:39 pm

... Me damn it, Twi

I somehow, miraculously, forgot Zamuel was GMing. I had it in my head we had a new PC...
Crystalite
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

Back to top Go down

Post  ZamuelNow Sat Aug 30, 2014 9:28 pm

Didn't realize everyone was waiting for a reply. Figured the OOC clarification was enough but my bad on that.
ZamuelNow
ZamuelNow

Back to top Go down

Post  sunbeam Tue Sep 02, 2014 5:59 pm

As much as I love the direction you're trying to pull the story, Cavalry, I carried you out of the sinkhole.

If you like you could slide back down.
sunbeam
sunbeam
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  TheCavalry Tue Sep 02, 2014 6:10 pm

Rory! I misread stuff...fixed. Kind of.

Is it obvious I have no experience being drunk? Lol
TheCavalry
TheCavalry
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Crystalite Tue Sep 02, 2014 8:09 pm

A few tips, then, as someone who has played the drunk a lot and been drunk once or twice. A drunk person has exactly the same thoughts as a sober one; they just don't care as much about the consequences of those thoughts, and therefore tend to do things they ordinarily would realize are really pretty dumb. In terms of just, say, talking, they tend to be quite a bit more blunt than normal, and generally say the first things that pop into their head. Action-wise, you generally end up doing things without really thinking about them much. And often failing, because your body also tends to rebel against the brain as your liver tries to de-toxify (Imagine the floor and everything else is trying to actively knock you down or trip you up. The more you've had, the harder it tries.)
Crystalite
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

Back to top Go down

Post  sunbeam Wed Sep 03, 2014 12:44 am

...I didn't mean to play Grease as drunk that one time, just sleep-deprived. I guess they're kinda similar.
sunbeam
sunbeam
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  TheCavalry Wed Sep 03, 2014 5:34 pm

...uh...

Fairy vomiting is totally a clue that she's a Changeling, since real life horses can't throw up. It's certainly not evidence of my own real life critical research failings. Nope.
TheCavalry
TheCavalry
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  ZamuelNow Wed Sep 03, 2014 5:39 pm

Not really. Horses can't in real life but ponies in the MLP franchise can throw up.
ZamuelNow
ZamuelNow

Back to top Go down

Post  TheCavalry Wed Sep 03, 2014 5:43 pm

Yeah, that was why I thought they could. Of course, the main one who does that is Pinkie Pie,mso whether that is emblematic if the rest of pony kind is in the air I think.

TheCavalry
TheCavalry
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  sunbeam Wed Sep 03, 2014 6:30 pm

Crystalite wrote:  
She felt a familiar rage building at the frustrations of the day. She had been made to start work before having any chance to settle in a bit,
Because you were late.

Crystalite wrote:
responded to an emergency, marched around town with Fairy Charmer in a pointless attempt to determine why she apparently didn't need it,
Your fault.

Crystalite wrote:
and then had foolishly bared her soul to the pony;
Definitely your fault.

I'm starting to think the angle you're taking her is that Marvelous Misfortune uses her bad luck as an excuse to be bad-natured. I wouldn't have dreamed of it from reading the bio, but it's interesting.
sunbeam
sunbeam
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Crystalite Wed Sep 03, 2014 11:34 pm

The funny part? You don't know the half of it.
Crystalite
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

Back to top Go down

Post  sunbeam Thu Sep 04, 2014 9:05 pm

Crystalite wrote:"Sunlit suggested I take the night shift."

I forgot to mention how much I was laughing at this statement.
sunbeam
sunbeam
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  sunbeam Sun Sep 07, 2014 8:44 pm

*pokes mj*
sunbeam
sunbeam
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  ZamuelNow Tue Sep 09, 2014 11:07 pm

*poke*
ZamuelNow
ZamuelNow

Back to top Go down

Post  sunbeam Wed Sep 10, 2014 5:13 pm

Say, does Fairy Charmer want to wake up, or should I roll some sort of check to make certain she's 100% okay?

Speaking of, do sparkleberries make you hungover too? I could see it going either way.
sunbeam
sunbeam
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  ZamuelNow Wed Sep 10, 2014 6:00 pm

Sparkleberries themselves do not automatically make you drunk. These are heavily fermented and the intoxication is pretty strong. Considering you're out of the area and there's been a passage of time, I think a DC 10 Heal check will suffice. Hangover should be limited to nonexistent since they weren't ingested.
ZamuelNow
ZamuelNow

Back to top Go down

Post  TheCavalry Wed Sep 10, 2014 6:02 pm

Er...so, should I roll the heal check, or Sunbeam?

Sorry for the lack of posting...
TheCavalry
TheCavalry
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  ZamuelNow Wed Sep 10, 2014 6:03 pm

Sunbeam.
ZamuelNow
ZamuelNow

Back to top Go down

Post  sunbeam Thu Sep 11, 2014 8:50 pm

So I was wondering...

Fairy Charmer is explicitly acting, instead of, I don't know, impersonating somepony or something else. In particular she all but defines it as acting herself.
Sunset Stroll's special talent is acting. Could he make some sort of opposed check to realize that Fairy Charmer was covering something up? In most situations he would have no reason to be looking for it, but right now he's scrutinizing her, and this seems like a barely controlled situation on her part, so it makes more sense that he would see her falling into character as she woke up.

Thoughts, both from Cavalry and Zamuel?

Also, did I miss something? Because it seems like Fairy Charmer thinks she's in her changeling form right now, but I could swear she hasn't switched.
sunbeam
sunbeam
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  ZamuelNow Fri Sep 12, 2014 2:31 am

I got the impression that she was resisting the urge to switch into changeling form and dash on reflex.

Still contemplating allowing the read of her actions but not sure. Leaning towards yes.
ZamuelNow
ZamuelNow

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 14 of 18 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18  Next