Psychoneights

Page 5 of 23 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 14 ... 23  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Psychoneights

Post  GamerGoddessDin on Sun Mar 30, 2014 6:55 pm

<<Wow, this place looks like a playschool playground got multiplied in area by a factor of ten before a rainbow puked all over it...>>*Grey begins to float around aimlessly taking in the scenery from an altitude of roughly 3 feet.*

Perception:
d20+7=18

Arcana:
Searching for "magic" items d20+17=21

OOC:
How do you use the Dices Roll thing on the reply posting page?

My RP Formatting Methods:
'...' denotes a whisper
*...* denotes actions
<...> denotes private telepathy
<<...>> denotes public telepathy with range similar to normal speech
avatar
GamerGoddessDin
Very Important Pony
Very Important Pony

Posts : 153
Join date : 2014-03-26

View user profile http://gameplayersdream.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Psychoneights

Post  Elacular on Sun Mar 30, 2014 8:24 pm

OOC:
Pyro:
I was actually just trying to see what everyone would look for TBH, and I'm basing my replies on that. For example, you see that quite a few of the repeat campers are already hauling ass across the mental landscape for the finish line. You also notice a few older earth ponies talking to Garret and Pointer. A couple of younger unicorns seem to have gotten into a fight, though since they're foals they're not very good at it. A few of the more mechanically inclined foals are examining the train, though you're pretty sure they're going to be disappointed. The last thing you see is a slightly older zebra mare helping a green unicorn colt wearing an aluminum foil hat onto the train. You recognize this foal as Miracle and believe that the pegasus mare is another "Special Case" who was known to be a precog and completely non-verbal. More importantly, you notice a tiny grey mare who you're damn certain was not there before, and you hear an unfamiliar voice in your head that you're pretty sure is coming from her.

Cloud:
As you fly up, before going too terribly far, you reach the ceiling, which is padded with a white, cushy material. From this vantage point, you can see that the mental landscape actually stretches on quite a ways. The entire place seems to have been made to railroad you from point A to B with very little method of escape, the path you're meant to follow denoted by regular signs, arrows and CCTVs. You can see the path of the literal railroad is pretty straight, though it seems to surreptitiously avoid three places. One is a large farm with a bunch of two dimensional animals moving around as well as some strangely 3D green pigs. One is a dark spot with something luminescent and purple just barely visible. And one is a walled off community with...something moving about inside.

Dart:
Through your aching eyes, you're able to see that a bunch of other campers have already got a move on, while some are just standing around groaning or getting on the train. You're lower to the ground than some of the other students, so you can see that the "felt" carpet has a strange material on it that's sort of sticky and seems designed to slow you down. You can also see that there are noisy, bright CCTVs literally everywhere, each of them with Featherbow's face.

Marsh:
You notice sweet FA beyond the fact that this place smells like a very weird combination of an oversanitized hospital room and a candy factory.

Grey:
With your perception you don't notice much beyond oh god rainbows ow. Your Arcana is another story. You don't notice anything "magic", but literally everything around you is psychic. Also, since you've got arcana out the ass, you can tell that this mental landscape isn't in its "natural" state and has been very deliberately put together. You can make a history check if you want to.
OOC:
I never use that function. Just use Invisible Castle or the wizards dice roller.

Everypony is able to notice Grey's voice in their heads and may react to it as they want.
avatar
Elacular
Best Pony
Best Pony

Gender : Male
Posts : 1157
Join date : 2014-01-14
Age : 22

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Psychoneights

Post  GamerGoddessDin on Sun Mar 30, 2014 8:30 pm

History:
d20+7=23

OOC:
Grey's basically a psionic mage built for a Controller/Leader role. So yeah, Arcana is her Expert Skill. I think I may even actually write a backstory for her.
avatar
GamerGoddessDin
Very Important Pony
Very Important Pony

Posts : 153
Join date : 2014-03-26

View user profile http://gameplayersdream.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Psychoneights

Post  Crystalite on Sun Mar 30, 2014 8:57 pm

Pyro glanced around, taking in everything, thought and notes flashing through his head instantly. This was nothing new. He hadn't done a crowd this big in a while, but no matter. Everything seemed fine until he noticed a newcomer of unusual size.

Spotting her, he sized her up instantly. An intruder was no laughing matter, even here, and he treated her as a threat. And threatening she could be; her potential energy was enormous, and she seemed exceptionally skilled with TK already. More so than himself, in fact; he could not reasonably expect to overpower that way. Her size, he decided, would be his first advantage; he would have to get physical. No problem; except she could still probably lift him off the ground as soon as blink. Luckily, surprise was his second advantage; he would have to move quickly to capitalize on it.

He didn't mull over this; it flashed through his mind instantly. He continued walking around, dropping an occasional tip or reprimand as appropriate while he subtly prepared a special technique, until she was near by; and then he pounced, planning to pin her to the ground; if he succeeded, he could slap his Ring Of Fire on her, leaving her immobilized...

The Plan:
Step one: Prep Howling Chains. Step two: Athletics to render Grey Matter helpless long enough to slap it on. Step Three: Trigger Howling Chains.

Resul: 1d20 [17] + Athletics [10] = 27
avatar
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

Posts : 2898
Join date : 2013-10-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Psychoneights

Post  GamerGoddessDin on Sun Mar 30, 2014 9:41 pm

OOC:
Updated Grey Matter's character sheet with a back-story. She's a legit camper not an intruder by the way, she'd just been a background character before I joined.

Streetsmarts:
Does Grey notice Pyro's approach: d20+10=21


Last edited by GamerGoddessDin on Sun Mar 30, 2014 9:46 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Added Streetsmarts check to notice danger.)
avatar
GamerGoddessDin
Very Important Pony
Very Important Pony

Posts : 153
Join date : 2014-03-26

View user profile http://gameplayersdream.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Psychoneights

Post  Cardbo on Sun Mar 30, 2014 11:48 pm

Dart examines the "ground" and the immediate area.  

Streetsmarts:

What are the most immediate exits from this area.  There's the train..and what else?  Also is the city on the carpet supposed to be a particular city, or just a generic "city".
Roll(1d20)+8:
18,+8
Total:26

He's blindsided as something flies past him.  He whirls around.  "Seargent Pyro?  Grey Matter?"
avatar
Cardbo
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Gender : Male
Posts : 3111
Join date : 2012-07-29

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Psychoneights

Post  ZamuelNow on Mon Mar 31, 2014 1:29 am

The hospital-like smell seemed a little odd to Marsh.  It's not what she would consider welcoming to a group looking around.  Though it might be part of how Featherbow's mind worked, like an idea of keeping clean.  While Dart was probably taking things too lightly, there might be a point in the suggestion that an experienced psychic was probably rather resilient to beginners.  And there was the simple fact that she couldn't learn about this by doing nothing.  

Cleanliness...

Taking out one of her vials of algae, she opened it and spilled some on the "floor".  She then began to gently stir the puddle with her hoof.

OOC:
Using Green Hooves/Nature's Touch on the algae.
avatar
ZamuelNow
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Gender : Male
Posts : 3283
Join date : 2013-03-19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Psychoneights

Post  Quietkal on Mon Mar 31, 2014 12:07 pm

Cloud glides back down toward Marsh, stating, "There's a lot of signs and it's pretty straightforward, so it shouldn't take us long to get out of here." She glances at the puddle of algae, but doesn't ask about it.
avatar
Quietkal
Element of Harmony

Gender : Male
Posts : 2059
Join date : 2012-07-25
Location : Occasionally

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Psychoneights

Post  Fury of the Tempest on Sun Apr 06, 2014 10:47 pm

Paladin was a little late, so he missed the entire ‘Psychoportal being called Psychoportal’ thing, but he didn’t miss any of the important details. Like how it was used to entire a ponies head... actually entering their head. And that there was normally a limit to how many could enter at once, but they seemed to have made a device to get around that.

If Paladin was honest, the exchange between the counsellor’s was by far the most interesting happenstance that occurred during the breakfast. Seemed the ‘Sergeant’ Pyro was having to take on the duties of a previous counsellor, and the others were trying to help him by not burdening him with all the duties at once.

Once breakfast was done, Paladin prepared himself for his first trip into a pony’s mind. As he felt the pull drawing him in, he was a little surprised to hear some of the campers groaning, the older ones by the looks of things. The dragon took an odd position, whilst Pyro lay down. Deciding that it might be a good idea to do the same, Paladin lay down on the floor and closed his eyes, allowing his mind to slip away.

The transition was... unique, neither good or bad. Just a new experience that Paladin knew many wouldn’t ever had, if these psychic abilities really were rare as they seemed to be. However, the location that they landed in, was absolutely something else. The earth pony had to wonder how much of this was constructed, and how much of it was natural. Either way, seeing such a childish place in a grown-up’s head was... off.

Still, Paladin didn’t wait for long as he started observing his surroundings, attempting to get a general feel of the place, and if there was any shortcuts for this little race that was on... some were already booking it, but for Paladin, getting a feel for the place... and more importantly, finding a group to work with, was much, much more important. A leader couldn’t lead without comrades after all.
avatar
Fury of the Tempest
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Gender : Male
Posts : 4116
Join date : 2012-09-22
Age : 23
Location : ENGLAND!!!!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Psychoneights

Post  Elacular on Sun Apr 13, 2014 2:17 am

Grey Matter is aware of the counsellor's approach, but not nearly soon enough for her to stop him from checking her. Before Pyro can activate his Ring of Fire, however, a massive light pink psychic hoof comes out of seemingly nowhere and gently pulls Pyro away from her. "Now now, Foalies!" The face on the CCTV smiled happily and the voice was sickeningly sweet. "Fighting isn't nice, so nobody does it in Featherbow's funland."

OOC 1:
Everypony can make a perception, vibe or arcana check to hear the following, but the DC would be quite high. Pyro can hear it automatically. You could also make a similar check to understand just what the hell that giant hoof was.

In Pyro's head:
You're psychically aware of Featherbow yelling at you in your head."Pyro! I know that she's not on the records, but she's a camper! She was an early late arrival and she's very very disturbed! The last thing she needs is this! I'll take full blame for what happened and you can punch me in the face when we're alone, but this filly needs help very badly."

As Marsh spills her algae and begins to help it grow, a similar psychic hoof very gently pushes you away from it and cleans up the mess. "Foalies! Remember not to litter! Somepony could slip on the things you drop and die! Plus, if you don't give a hoot, whoooo will?"

OOC 2:
Dart:
The ground is basically this, and from where you stand you can tell that this place was pretty much designed to be as straight a line as possible. There are very few actual escape routes besides the obvious, though you could assume (if you wanna) that the counsellors and/or older students would have an alternate way out. After all, there has to be a way to escape even if you fail.

Paladin:
I'm really glad to have you posting again. Anyway, in character, if you wanna see whether or not Featherbow's mental landscape is false or constructed, you can roll arcana for that, or maybe knowledge history. Whichever you feel like. Beyond this, the "feel" that this place has is that it makes you want to puke rainbows in the worst possible way. It also seems to have been put together very deliberately for the purpose of herding you through the landscape with as little opportunity for divergence as possible. Beyond that, you can see that two of the female campers, an earth pony filly and a pegasus just-barely-a-filly seem to have teamed up. There seems to be some sort of din happening between Pyro and some tiny earth pony you hadn't noticed before and the baby dragon that showed up last night seems keenly aware of the whole affair.
avatar
Elacular
Best Pony
Best Pony

Gender : Male
Posts : 1157
Join date : 2014-01-14
Age : 22

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Psychoneights

Post  GamerGoddessDin on Sun Apr 13, 2014 3:20 am

||This place is getting to be almost creepy... I like it though.|| <<I suppose you didn't notice me on the caravan. I was a bit hidden behind all the larger campers. Sorry about the mix up Sergeant.>>

OOC:
Going on assumptions of intentions there. Pretty sure she's more than smart enough to recognize Pyro's intentions.

Arcana:
1d20 + 17 = 30

Not adding the Grandeur buff because I'm not sure Grey and Dart really count as allies yet.


Last edited by GamerGoddessDin on Sun Apr 13, 2014 3:21 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : BBCode programming error)
avatar
GamerGoddessDin
Very Important Pony
Very Important Pony

Posts : 153
Join date : 2014-03-26

View user profile http://gameplayersdream.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Psychoneights

Post  Cardbo on Sun Apr 13, 2014 3:37 am

Hear what Sarg Pyro heard:

Perception
Roll(1d20)+11:
11,+11
Total:22

What that giant hoof was.:

Roll(1d20)+11:
12,+11
Total:23

Dart, had a plan, a dirty, dirty plan.  Using Mind Trick he creates the sound of foals crying from several random places around the area.  He then tries to burrow through the carpet and hopefully beyond, striking the earth with his claws.

Mind Trick:

Mind Trick (Audiomancy) (2) – At Will
Preparation Time: Instantaneous
Do one of the following things:
- Cause a sound to emanate from any object or space within fifty feet of you that you can see. The sound can be as loud as a shout or as quiet as a whisper
- Alter a sound within fifty feet of you to another of similar volume. For example, you could make a shout of warning sound like a round of applause. This effect lasts until the sound naturally dies away.


Can you dig?:

Burrower (2) – At Will [Created by ZamuelNow]
You may travel underground through dirt, sand and similar loose materials at normal walking speeds. This leaves behind a tunnel, and you can tell approximately the direction and distance since you went underground (so you don’t get completely disoriented).  Additional skill checks may be needed to move faster or travel through denser soil.
avatar
Cardbo
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Gender : Male
Posts : 3111
Join date : 2012-07-29

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Psychoneights

Post  Crystalite on Sun Apr 13, 2014 8:46 am

Pyro couldn't help but notice several nearby foals staring uncomfortably. "STOP STANDING THERE GAWKING! Like you've never seen the Hoof of God! Off with you!"

Intimidate:
Shooing away the gawkers.

Result: 1d20 [17] + Persuasion [12] + Freaky Knowledge [5] + Grandeur + [2] = 36

"Not you!" He snapped at this "Grey Matter". "Just what are you doing, sneaking around a camp full of Psychics!? Did you really think nobody would mind if you just waltzed in like you own the place!"

And you! Featherbow! Why does nobody want to let me in on things!? You all know I don't have Telepathy down yet, someone has to tell me these things!
avatar
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

Posts : 2898
Join date : 2013-10-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Psychoneights

Post  ZamuelNow on Sun Apr 13, 2014 4:30 pm

So Featherbow seemed to be constantly watching them or at least ready to react to certain things.  'Slip and die' seemed to be an odd choice of words.  Marsh absentmindedly licked the algae off her hoof as she thought.  Pyro's command snapped her out of it and she motioned for Cloud to follow her.  "Come on, I want to try to talk to Mr. Featherbow before we start exploring."  Walking over to one of the CCTVs, Marsh waved a hoof in the air.  "Mr. Featherbow, why does your brain smell weird?  I guess it's supposed to make everything seem clean but...it's not helping.  Something more natural would help everypony feel a bit more comfortable."
avatar
ZamuelNow
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Gender : Male
Posts : 3283
Join date : 2013-03-19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Psychoneights

Post  GamerGoddessDin on Sun Apr 13, 2014 5:52 pm

<<I suppose I'll have to actually use my voice...>> "I wasn't exactly sneaking, I'm just really small so I tend to disappear in crowds pretty easily."

OOC::
If Dart or anyone else who had "heard" Grey's telepathy "voice" is within earshot they will notice that her real voice sounds a good bit higher pitched (almost painfully so) than the psychic version.

avatar
GamerGoddessDin
Very Important Pony
Very Important Pony

Posts : 153
Join date : 2014-03-26

View user profile http://gameplayersdream.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Psychoneights

Post  Quietkal on Sun Apr 13, 2014 8:56 pm

Meta:
Arcana for the giant psychic hoof: 26 = 16 (roll) +10 (skill)
Cloud trots after Marsh without a word, and watches the CCTV to see if Featherbow responds directly or if these are just generic/prerecorded messages.
avatar
Quietkal
Element of Harmony

Gender : Male
Posts : 2059
Join date : 2012-07-25
Location : Occasionally

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Psychoneights

Post  Elacular on Thu Apr 17, 2014 5:07 pm

Meta:
Only Grey Matter rolled high enough to hear the message in Pyro's head. The rest of you didn't.

Grey+Pyro:
As such, you both hear this.
"Look, I'm sorry. We're all still sort of figuring out how to operate without Closure. Q.K. is trying to get us another counsellor to help, but she's tied up in litigation. I do most of the paperwork for the camp, and I can tell you, it's a nightmare. Everything's going wrong this year and...we just need to try and survive, okay?"

Dart+Cloud:
Dart and Cloud are both aware that the hoof isn't "real" per-say, but is a psychic projection of Featherbow's mind. Due to his training with the Monks, Dart is aware that that's not a typical part of a psychic landscape and is probably something Featherbow constructed specifically for his own usage. Cloud, because of her higher roll and what she was specifically trying to find out, can tell that the hoof is specifically being controlled by Featherbow and probably takes a good amount of focus to maintain control over. In other words, on at least some level, Featherbow is watching you and is aware of what you're doing.

At the sound of Pyro's yelling, all the campers who were still around very quickly dispersed, save for a few younger ones who began crying. Featherbow's face on the CCTV flipped back and forth, looking at the actual sobbing foals and searching for the source of Dart's Mind Trick. "Um, um, it's okay! It's okay Foalies, don't cry! I'm not god-PYRO! Um, you can look if you want to!"

Meanwhile, Dart tore very easily into the ground, quickly getting past the carpet and into a strange white pillowy substance full of fluff, foam and feathers. Placed at semi-random intervals on the plush floor beneath the carpet were crayon drawings as well as a few odd, colorful, two dimensional flowers that were slightly translucent and looked strikingly similar to the one Featherbow keeps in his mane. At any rate, you could tear through this floor pretty easily, but you'd have to come up semi-regularly to breathe and be careful not to get fluff down your throat.

Dart:
You can roll Arcana or History to see if you recognize what the 2D flower things are. You can also roll history or heal to see if the floor underneath the rug rings any bells.

As Marsh and Cloud walk over, the Featherbows on the CCTVs seem quite preoccupied, so Marsh doesn't get an answer right away. After a moment, the image on the screen switches to a very obviously pre-recorded animated short of a bunch of foals and a buffalo singing happily with the words "PLEASE WAIT A MOMENT" in red at the top. This seems to be a sort of "Screen Saver" for when too many things are going on at once. From what Cloud can tell, there are pre-recorded messages that play at regular intervals at every area, but Featherbow can also communicate directly and is keeping an eye on you. After a moment of this, an equally obviously pre-recorded message appears on the screen. "Sometime's minds can smell a little funny, since that's one of the toughest things about them to change. This is good though, because smell is one of your most important senses. After this, you'll be given a lecture on Smelling Salts and their proper usage by Jewel as well as given maps of the camp in your Campers Beginner Kit! Yay!"


Last edited by Elacular on Thu Apr 17, 2014 7:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
avatar
Elacular
Best Pony
Best Pony

Gender : Male
Posts : 1157
Join date : 2014-01-14
Age : 22

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Psychoneights

Post  ZamuelNow on Thu Apr 17, 2014 5:26 pm

Marsh waved her hoof again.  "Mr. Featherbow, you said 'slip and die'. Can we actually die in here?"
avatar
ZamuelNow
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Gender : Male
Posts : 3283
Join date : 2013-03-19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Psychoneights

Post  Elacular on Thu Apr 17, 2014 5:31 pm

The screen fizzled for a moment at Marsh's question and the real Featherbow's face appeared. "Um...c-crap. Uhhh...well, no, you can't die in here because I've made it super safe and fun, but other minds can be a lot more dangerous. That's why you're training here first, so you'll be nice and prepared before you go in other minds. Um...yay..."
avatar
Elacular
Best Pony
Best Pony

Gender : Male
Posts : 1157
Join date : 2014-01-14
Age : 22

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Psychoneights

Post  ZamuelNow on Thu Apr 17, 2014 5:46 pm

Marsh thinks for a moment and then nods.  "Thank you Mr. Featherbow. Cloud, did you have any questions to ask or should we go?"
avatar
ZamuelNow
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Gender : Male
Posts : 3283
Join date : 2013-03-19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Psychoneights

Post  Cardbo on Thu Apr 17, 2014 6:59 pm

2D Flower things:

History Check
Roll(1d20)+6:
15,+6
Total:21

Floor Beneath the Rug:

History Check
Roll(1d20)+6:
1,+6
Total:7
Sad.

OOC:Has the tunnel closed up behind Dart?  Also, can he poke holes in the ceiling for air without anypony noticing? Lastly, what was that hoof? Did anyone meet the check to identify that?

Dart telepathically sends to Grey Matter.  'I'm beneath the floor.  Its prety stange.  There are pillows everywhere and these strange 2 Dimensional crayon drawings.'
avatar
Cardbo
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Gender : Male
Posts : 3111
Join date : 2012-07-29

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Psychoneights

Post  GamerGoddessDin on Thu Apr 17, 2014 7:17 pm

<(Dart)Is that so... Let me see some of this stuff.> *Carefully removes a small piece of the carpet and lifts a small amount of the poofy stuff out with TK before inspecting the stuff.* <(Dart)Feels kind of like a cloud... Bring me one of those flower things why don't you?>

Knowledge/History::
d20+12(Untrained Knowledge-based Skill)+1(Dart's Grandeur)=26

OOC::
<(name)...> denotes private telepathy.
avatar
GamerGoddessDin
Very Important Pony
Very Important Pony

Posts : 153
Join date : 2014-03-26

View user profile http://gameplayersdream.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Psychoneights

Post  Cardbo on Thu Apr 17, 2014 7:29 pm

<(Grey) I'm not sure if I can take them.  They're Figments, they're not quite real.  Let me try>  Dart tries to pick up one of the 2-Dimensional Flower things.
avatar
Cardbo
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Gender : Male
Posts : 3111
Join date : 2012-07-29

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Psychoneights

Post  Elacular on Thu Apr 17, 2014 7:31 pm

The figment is very easy to pick up and seems somewhat weightless. It feels like a combination of paper and fabric and you could probably fold it up small enough to put in your hat without damaging it. You can see the tiny bud of a new figment below your feet.
avatar
Elacular
Best Pony
Best Pony

Gender : Male
Posts : 1157
Join date : 2014-01-14
Age : 22

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Psychoneights

Post  Cardbo on Thu Apr 17, 2014 7:39 pm

Dart brings it back to the mouth of the tunnel and passes it up to Gray.
avatar
Cardbo
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Gender : Male
Posts : 3111
Join date : 2012-07-29

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Psychoneights

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 23 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 14 ... 23  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum