Psychoneights

Page 6 of 23 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 14 ... 23  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Psychoneights

Post  GamerGoddessDin on Thu Apr 17, 2014 7:55 pm

<(Dart)Thanks.> *Starts studying the flower.* <The stuff under the carpet reminds me a bit of a type of facility I read about when I was younger. It was called an 'insane asylum' if I remember correctly. They would cushion the walls, floors, and ceilings with the stuff to prevent the patients hurting themselves. I wonder if our friendly Mr. Featherbow was in one of those facilities for a long period of time as a patient... Or does he just think that we belong in one...>

Knowledge/History::
d20+12(Untrained Knowledge-based Skill)+1(Dart's Grandeur)=31
avatar
GamerGoddessDin
Very Important Pony
Very Important Pony

Posts : 153
Join date : 2014-03-26

View user profile http://gameplayersdream.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Psychoneights

Post  Cardbo on Thu Apr 17, 2014 8:20 pm

GamerGoddessDin wrote:<(Dart)Thanks.> *Starts studying the flower.* <The stuff under the carpet reminds me a bit of a type of facility I read about when I was younger. It was called an 'insane asylum' if I remember correctly. They would cushion the walls, floors, and ceilings with the stuff to prevent the patients hurting themselves. I wonder if our friendly Mr. Featherbow was in one of those facilities for a long period of time as a patient... Or does he just think that we belong in one...>


You can just 'hear' the enthusiasm in Dart's 'voice' <(Gray)Cool! I knew I found an awesome place!>
avatar
Cardbo
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Gender : Male
Posts : 3111
Join date : 2012-07-29

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Psychoneights

Post  Quietkal on Thu Apr 17, 2014 8:32 pm

Cloud stares at the CCTV for a moment, before trotting away. "Nah. Let's just get out of here."
avatar
Quietkal
Element of Harmony

Gender : Male
Posts : 2059
Join date : 2012-07-25
Location : Occasionally

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Psychoneights

Post  GamerGoddessDin on Thu Apr 17, 2014 8:48 pm

<(Dart)It seems to be a simple Stargazer Lilly. I hear Featherbow's got a track record for being nice to campers, though I also heard he once hurt one who attempted to set fire to one of his flowers. Anywho, let's get a move on. Don't want to be the last ones out of here do we? How about we fly the opposite direction of where the paths go?> *TKs the materials back to their original location before taking off herself.*

OOC:
Cardbo, "Grey Matter" is spelled with an 'e' in "Grey" not an 'a'.
avatar
GamerGoddessDin
Very Important Pony
Very Important Pony

Posts : 153
Join date : 2014-03-26

View user profile http://gameplayersdream.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Psychoneights

Post  ZamuelNow on Thu Apr 17, 2014 8:55 pm

Addressing Cloud, Marsh asks "So, you said it's a straight shot? Do we just walk forward?"
avatar
ZamuelNow
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Gender : Male
Posts : 3283
Join date : 2013-03-19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Psychoneights

Post  Crystalite on Thu Apr 17, 2014 9:11 pm

The Sergeant rubbed his forehead below his horn. Grey matter simply left; well, let her, now he knew what she was. He addressed the foals who hadn't simply fled. "I'm sorry... Calm down a second! Let me explain, before Featherbow has a fit. 'The Hoof of God' is our term for the big, pink hoof you saw; many mental landscapes feature one. You didn't do anything wrong, really.... Now! As the ones still sticking around, it's time to go marching up and down the Square! Unless, of course, any of you have anything better to do? DO YOU!?"

Persuasion:
Continuing a gag Calming/occupying the remaining foals.

Result: 1d20 [11] + Persuasion [12] = 23

To Featherbow:
Okay, okay. But can you please, please try and keep me in the loop? I can't function here if I don't know what's going on!
avatar
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

Posts : 2898
Join date : 2013-10-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Psychoneights

Post  Elacular on Thu Apr 17, 2014 9:21 pm

Pyro, you feel something tickle the back of your mind, as though Featherbow's going to speak again, but suddenly there's a piercing "noise." Everypony (and dragon) can "hear" a loud psychic screech inside their heads. It's apparently affecting everyone, if the yelling and groaning is any indication, and it seems to be coming from inside the slow moving train. All the CCTVs suddenly shut off and go to static and the whole world around you seems to shift a bit.

Meta:
Everyone roll endurance not to vomit. You can also roll perception, arcana or vibe to try and figure out what the hell is happening.
avatar
Elacular
Best Pony
Best Pony

Gender : Male
Posts : 1157
Join date : 2014-01-14
Age : 22

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Psychoneights

Post  Crystalite on Thu Apr 17, 2014 9:32 pm

Just as some foal started to raise a hoof, everything went static. Pyro twisted his head in pain as he tried to work aroundnit, letting it become a part of himself. He looked around; the train. He made himself move towards it to try and find and neutralise the source; if something like this was in Featherbow's mind, then they really were bucked. No, this had to be a foreign element. A student? His mind flashed back to the two foals he had seen earlier. It had to be Miracle. He urged himself onward...

Rolls:
Endurance: 1d20 [15] + Stat [10] = 25
Perception: 1d20 [17] + Stat [10] = 27
Athletics: 1d20 [19] + Stat [10] = 29

...I swear those are real.
avatar
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

Posts : 2898
Join date : 2013-10-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Psychoneights

Post  GamerGoddessDin on Thu Apr 17, 2014 9:42 pm

Endurance::
d20+3(Untrained Brawn-based Skill)+1(Dart's Grandeur)=15
add another 3 if I can use acrobatics to roll with the "wind" (I was in the sky)

Arcana::
d20+17(Cutie Mark Arcana Skill)+1(Dart's Grandeur)=26 (not my best roll ever...)
avatar
GamerGoddessDin
Very Important Pony
Very Important Pony

Posts : 153
Join date : 2014-03-26

View user profile http://gameplayersdream.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Psychoneights

Post  Quietkal on Thu Apr 17, 2014 9:48 pm

"Basically. There's tons of signs to follow and..." Cloud drops the sentence and grips her head at the psychic sound, in a mostly futile attempt to try and relieve some of the pain of it. This didn't seem right, especially in the otherwise foal-proofed world that they were in.
Meta:
Endurance: 16 = 10 (roll) +6 (skill)
Arcana: 27 = 17 (roll) +10 (skill)
avatar
Quietkal
Element of Harmony

Gender : Male
Posts : 2059
Join date : 2012-07-25
Location : Occasionally

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Psychoneights

Post  ZamuelNow on Thu Apr 17, 2014 11:02 pm

Marsh feels taken aback by the horrible psionic wail coursing through her mind. Dizzy and staggered, she tries to get a feeling for what exactly is going on but feels utterly lost.

OOC:
Endurance: 1d20+10=16
Vibe: 1d20+7=9 Well, still out of the loop it seems.
avatar
ZamuelNow
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Gender : Male
Posts : 3283
Join date : 2013-03-19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Psychoneights

Post  Cardbo on Fri Apr 18, 2014 1:24 am

Dart was going to walk on over to where the other Figments were, when it hit...

Endurance:

Trained.
4,+9
Total:13
Perception:

Roll(1d20)+11:
10,+11
Total:21

Dart doubled over, gasping in pain.
avatar
Cardbo
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Gender : Male
Posts : 3111
Join date : 2012-07-29

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Psychoneights

Post  Elacular on Fri Apr 18, 2014 1:37 am

Meta:
Nobody actually throws up, but Dart does dry heave a bit before getting up. Everyone but Pyro (EDIT: And Marsh due to forgotten power) must take -2 to all ability checks until the noise ends. Dart must take -3.

Pyro:
You're able to tough out the psychic noise and can tell right away that it's coming from an immensely powerful and foreign source in the train. When you run over to it, which you do in absolutely no time, you find that your supposition was entirely justified. Miracle is sitting in the middle of one of the cars, his foil hat having been removed. He's curled up into a ball and seems to be crying, and you can remember that he wore the hat for his own protection as well as everypony else's. The Zebra who helped him in is on the floor clutching her head, as are all the other students in the cart save for four: Two large, older earth ponies with dark grey fur, Pointer and Garret. One of the Earth ponies seems to have given them each personal psychic shields around their heads to protect them, though you can't tell which. The older ponies look thoroughly pleased with themselves while Pointer looks horrified and Garret looks like he's about to cry.

Grey:
With your Arcana, you can tell that whoever's making this noise isn't Featherbow, but is instead a powerful psychic from the outside. You're also fairly certain they're not doing it on purpose.

Cloud:
You can feel a sort of fear in the psychic scream, as if whoever's doing it is afraid and hurt. You also have a feeling that something is trying to hold the noise back, but failing abysmally.

Marsh:
You don't notice anything, but for some reason, the vision you had earlier is scratching at the back of your mind.

Dart:
Whatever's making that mental cacophony is definitely in the train and is definitely very psychically powerful. However, it feels like an untrained and undirected psychic wave, not anything deliberately malicious.


Last edited by Elacular on Fri Apr 18, 2014 1:53 am; edited 1 time in total
avatar
Elacular
Best Pony
Best Pony

Gender : Male
Posts : 1157
Join date : 2014-01-14
Age : 22

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Psychoneights

Post  Cardbo on Fri Apr 18, 2014 1:41 am

Dart got back woozily to feat. He tried a few meditation exercises to clear his head, and they helped some, but he still had a pounding headache. He staggered back to the entrance of the hole and climbed up and in the direction of the train.

"Did anypony get the license number of that wagon?" He said as he held his head.
avatar
Cardbo
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Gender : Male
Posts : 3111
Join date : 2012-07-29

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Psychoneights

Post  Cardbo on Fri Apr 18, 2014 2:09 am

As bad as he was feeling, the monk's had always taught him to act from a position of knowledge.  Right now, he knew that something bad was happening on the train, and it pretty much began and ended with that.  There had to be a way to find out more.  He reached out with his senses towards the train, extending his claw and closing his eyes to focus.


Empathetic (2) – At Will
Preparation Time: 10 seconds
You can feel the emotions of creatures around you, even when they show no physical signs of their true feelings. Make a perception check with a +5 bonus to sense the emotional state of target creature.

Perception + 5 -3:

Roll(1d20)+13:
15,+13
Total:28
avatar
Cardbo
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Gender : Male
Posts : 3111
Join date : 2012-07-29

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Psychoneights

Post  Cardbo on Fri Apr 18, 2014 2:28 am

He turns back to the rest. "There's somepony in trouble in there. I think they're also the source of the noise. I'm feeling sadness, pain, fear and guilt from them. We've got to help them."
avatar
Cardbo
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Gender : Male
Posts : 3111
Join date : 2012-07-29

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Psychoneights

Post  Crystalite on Fri Apr 18, 2014 9:02 am

Pyro's horn lit up as he gently replaced the tin hat, expecting the noise to stop; but braced for the very frightening possibility that someone had removed it in the Waking world...

Meta:
Do I need to make a skill check for that?

Also, is it conceivable that Pyro would own a set of smelling salts or some equivalent?
avatar
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

Posts : 2898
Join date : 2013-10-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Psychoneights

Post  Elacular on Fri Apr 18, 2014 2:30 pm

OOC:
Yes, Pyro would definitely have smelling salts. You don't have to make a check, but I'll tell you what happens after everyone else has posted.
avatar
Elacular
Best Pony
Best Pony

Gender : Male
Posts : 1157
Join date : 2014-01-14
Age : 22

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Psychoneights

Post  Quietkal on Fri Apr 18, 2014 3:26 pm

Cloud breaks her usually uncaring expression for a frown as she lifts off the ground and hovers for a moment, commenting to Marsh. "I'm gonna see what's going on. This is probably just a weird lesson or something lame like that."
avatar
Quietkal
Element of Harmony

Gender : Male
Posts : 2059
Join date : 2012-07-25
Location : Occasionally

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Psychoneights

Post  ZamuelNow on Fri Apr 18, 2014 6:23 pm

Trying to get used to the sound, something about the situation was quietly bothering Marsh.  "I don't think Featherbow would do that.  Not with how this place is.  Something must be wrong. I'm gonna follow you."
avatar
ZamuelNow
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Gender : Male
Posts : 3283
Join date : 2013-03-19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Psychoneights

Post  Quietkal on Fri Apr 18, 2014 7:47 pm

"Suit yourself." With that, she flies over to the train car, trying to get a better look at what's going on there.
avatar
Quietkal
Element of Harmony

Gender : Male
Posts : 2059
Join date : 2012-07-25
Location : Occasionally

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Psychoneights

Post  Cardbo on Fri Apr 18, 2014 9:40 pm

Dart staggers over to the train.
avatar
Cardbo
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Gender : Male
Posts : 3111
Join date : 2012-07-29

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Psychoneights

Post  ZamuelNow on Fri Apr 18, 2014 9:48 pm

Looking at the train, Marsh tries to figure out what exactly is going on inside.

OOC:
Perception: 1d20+7=11 This is a trend...
avatar
ZamuelNow
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Gender : Male
Posts : 3283
Join date : 2013-03-19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Psychoneights

Post  GamerGoddessDin on Sat Apr 19, 2014 2:31 am

||I suppose I might as well check out the train too, wouldn't be good to run into trouble without a more combat oriented ally with me...|| *having recovered from the initial shock of the 'psychic scream' she takes off once more (Luckily she hadn't been flying too high when the scream hit, that could have hurt.) this time towards the train*

OOC:
Sheet's updated to the new special moves, link in signature should still work to get the most recent version.
avatar
GamerGoddessDin
Very Important Pony
Very Important Pony

Posts : 153
Join date : 2014-03-26

View user profile http://gameplayersdream.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Psychoneights

Post  Elacular on Sat Apr 19, 2014 3:06 am

Pyro:
The tin-foil hat seems to have been ripped into a thousand pieces, though you're able to crumple it together enough to cover Miracle's horn, which seems to calm him quite a bit and makes the ringing decrease substantially. Before you can do much more though, one of the earth-pony campers, a teenaged clydesdale who's already a good deal taller than you, gets in your face: "I am not staying in this bucking camp for one more year, and neither is Hauler. You're gonna tell the bureaucratic big-wigs that I'm ready to be a full-fledged Psychoneight, or I'll use this kid to break this entire year's crop of students, dig?" At the end of his sentence, he lifts one massive hoof and jabs it into Pyro's chest.

You recognize this pony as Tall Tale, or Taller. His father is a very important Psychoneight and the only reason he and his crony Haulton (Hauler) haven't been dishonorably discharged from the camp and sent to juvenile hall is because of pure nepotism. His mother is an extremely high-ranking psychoneight, yet somehow can't bear the fact that her son needs therapy badly. Massive superiority complex, spoiled rotten, built like a brick house and fairly psychically gifted, this kid is an absolute piece of work. Usually his schemes aren't this well thought out, though.

As you all make your way over to the train car and look in, you all see Pyro gently forming a ball of tin-foil around the horn of a young, green unicorn. It's pretty clear that that's who the psychic disturbance is coming from. Marsh and Cloud recognize the unicorn as the one who was curled up in a ball on the cart on the way here. As the foil covers the unicorn's horn, the psychic noise quiets to a much more bearable level, though it isn't gone.

Inside the cart, most of the other campers seem to have been knocked out, though four of them are still up. Two large earth ponies, Pointer and Garret. All four seem to be wearing some sort of psychic shields around their heads, and the larger earth pony gets up in Pyro's face and seems to be speaking very angrily to him. You could get into the cart with no trouble if you wanted to.

Meta:
Due to the reduction in psychic interference, all your skill checks are back to normal, save for Dart who's still at -1.
avatar
Elacular
Best Pony
Best Pony

Gender : Male
Posts : 1157
Join date : 2014-01-14
Age : 22

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Psychoneights

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 23 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 14 ... 23  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum