Psychoneights

Page 23 of 23 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 21, 22, 23

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Psychoneights

Post  Quietkal on Mon Oct 13, 2014 1:43 pm

Cloud blushes and winces slightly, and shifts on her seat so only one side is facing the Sergeant with a wing spread back in an attempt to cover her blank sides. "O-oh...um...well, uh...my...my mom says that I just...haven't found the thing I'm meant to do yet."
Quietkal
Element of Harmony

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Crystalite on Mon Oct 13, 2014 5:18 pm

"And how much have you considered that?" the counselor replied, making a point of looking at Cloud's face. "What do you think you're 'meant to do'?"
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Elacular on Mon Oct 13, 2014 5:42 pm

ZamuelNow wrote:With the urgent pull in the back of her mind, Marsh rushed over to the camper cabins to try to hurriedly search for Levia and Miracle.

Marsh finds Miracle and Levia sitting outside of one of the girl cabins, Levia awkwardly petting a not-quite-crying Miracle on the head. Her ears perk up and she looks at Marsh before nervously looking back at Miracle. The little unicorn looks up and hiccups slightly before speaking. "My daddy. He's here, isn't he? I could hear him."

Quietkal wrote:Cloud nods and smiles in relief, setting her front hooves back on the ground again in a much more relaxed position. She thinks for a moment, before shaking her head and saying, "Not unless you haven't heard what happened already..." She waits a moment, before hesitantly adding, "Are you...uh...do you plan to open your class again?"

Crystalite wrote:Pyro chose that moment to approach. "Excuse me, Cloud Hopper, I would like to talk with you in my office for a moment," he said, trying his best not to sound intimidating.

As Cloud and Pyro leave, Featherbow shouts after them "My class will be open again tomorrow afternoon!" before retreating back into his cabin.
Elacular
Best Pony
Best Pony

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Quietkal on Mon Oct 13, 2014 5:59 pm

Quickly breaking eye contact, Cloud turns her head slightly and starts glancing about the room, trying to look at anything that isn't the sergeant. She quietly says, "I uh...I don't know...something...I guess..."
She meets the sergeant's eyes accidentally a few times more, and quickly breaks eye contact those times as well.
Quietkal
Element of Harmony

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Crystalite on Mon Oct 13, 2014 7:42 pm

"Mmm, okay. Let's try a different approach: what do you think my special talent?"
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ZamuelNow on Mon Oct 13, 2014 8:02 pm

Marsh initially felt puzzled by what Miracle said until it dawned on her, "Was your dad the one with the sign outside the camp?"
ZamuelNow
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Quietkal on Mon Oct 13, 2014 8:13 pm

Cloud immediately starts to reply, but catches herself and just ends up muttering, "Ye...mnh...military stuff...I guess..."
Quietkal
Element of Harmony

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Crystalite on Mon Oct 13, 2014 8:21 pm

"Mmm, close. Closer than most: most ponies assume it has something to do with fire. But I digress. A common misconception: your special talent isn't what you're 'meant to do', per se. Yes, fire is a talent I have, but that doesn't make it my special talent. You could even say I have a talent for military functions - although that comes more from training and experience. Your special talent is what you're passionate about. My special talent is, quite simply, leadership. I'll admit; I didn't quite realize this until I left the guard. But I'm talking about me again... I've been watching you, y'know. I watch everybody, and you tend to stick out a little. My guess is you don't have a Cutie Mark because you lack passion; you go here and there, doing whatever catches your fancy. I feel like you need a little more motivation behind your actions. So, I'm going to give you some."
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Quietkal on Mon Oct 13, 2014 8:40 pm

Cloud faces the sergeant, somewhat worried. "...I...don't want to ask how...?"
Quietkal
Element of Harmony

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Crystalite on Tue Oct 14, 2014 12:34 am

"...Hmm. Let's try and kill two birds with one stone, shall we? Let me show you something," He got up and stepped over to the writing desk, pulling out a small wooden box. "I'm going to give you something terrifyingly dangerous. Many ponies with far more age than you have misused and been destroyed by it. I received it when I was promoted to Sergeant. It has a lot of value; but moreover, the other counselors know it's mine, and that I wouldn't give it up willingly. They'll back you up," he explained, opening the box.

Inside was a red leg band, with a replica of the Sergeant's Cutie Mark embroidered on the face.

"I am giving you a small measure of authority, and with it responsibility. Will you accept?"
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Quietkal on Tue Oct 14, 2014 12:42 am

Cloud had become increasingly worried, and almost seems disappointed when sergeant shows it's only a cloth band. "You want to make me a hall monitor?"
Quietkal
Element of Harmony

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Crystalite on Tue Oct 14, 2014 1:27 am

"You've been here some twenty hours now. How many halls are there?" Pyrp responded with a fair degree of sarcasm. "No. I know your new rank as 'adjutant': you can pick a different term if it makes you feel better. What it means is your job is to help me do my job, by doing the things that I can't do personally, but can't delegate to just anybody either. Your job is also to make me aware of issues you can't handle yourself, and to let me know about the ones you did. You are my eyes, ears, and flying hoof. You are a weapon, and I am the only one who can use it. If it works, my issue of trying to be everywhere at once is resolved; and whether or not it gives you a Cutie Mark directly, it should equip you better to find one, and you will be a happier pony for it. But," he paused to take a breath.

"If it doesn't turn out, then you could get sent home and I could get... At best transferred to other tasks. At worst, ejected from the agency. It depends on how badly you screw up: because if you do, then it was your fault for doing it, of course. But my judgement will be brought into question as a result, because I put you in a position to abuse the authority I have extended to you. Or, I'll see it coming, and simply take my leg-band back. Finally, you can simply choose to say no, and try to find your own way; in which case I hope I have given you adequate direction. So, I ask again: will you accept?"
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Quietkal on Tue Oct 14, 2014 2:09 am

Cloud pauses for a few moments in thought.
Thoughts:
((I know I don't have to write this out, especially if no one else actually knows any of this, but I'm legitimately having a hard time deciding if Cloud would accept or not, so I'm gonna do this.))

I don't want to do this. Right? It sounds like doing a lot of stuff, and making sure everything goes smoothly, and ponies would look at me weird because I've got the thing.
But also, I might've already done what he's asking me to do. Stopping those bullies with Miracle, trying to motivate that protestor away from the camp...subduing the protestor when he started shooting out fire. If I keep doing things like those anyway, then having the thing would just be a gain, right? For the...whatever benefit having it is. Authority I guess. I'm older than most of these kids anyway, and the band would be like a mark showing that I'm better than them.
But also, I've only seen like, 4 places here. I don't want to promise to be keeping my eyes and ears out for trouble if I have no clue where trouble might be, and then get blamed when it happens and I couldn't even...
"Could I...have the afternoon to think about it...and get back to you...after dinner?"
Quietkal
Element of Harmony

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Crystalite on Tue Oct 14, 2014 10:12 am

"Of course. But don't tell the other campers, please?" Pyro responded, turning to put the box back on the desk. "It would cause a lot of trouble if word got around before you even accepted. Enough to probably fall under 'screwing up'. If you want to talk to the other counselors though, that shouldn't be a problem. You can go now; but, be sure to tell Magimind that Featherbow's alright," he continued, sitting back down at the table.
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Quietkal on Tue Oct 14, 2014 12:38 pm

"Yes Sergeant. Thank you." Cloud quickly makes her way out of the cabin, before realizing she doesn't know where...oh that's right he went to meet the guards at the front of the camp.
With her new destination, Cloud flies toward the entrance, only high enough to pass over walking ponies with a decent amount of space, looking for Magimind as she goes
Quietkal
Element of Harmony

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Crystalite on Tue Oct 14, 2014 4:00 pm

Sergeant Pyro calculated as he watched her go. Usually the recipient was all too eager, regardless of all warnings; this was a good thing. It showed discretion and caution in the young Cloud Hopper.

He decided not to worry about it for now; she would either accept, or not. He looked at the nearby bed, and the box under the table; it had been a rough day, and both of them looked rather tantalizing. He decided the box could wait: he mainly needed a nap, an he would want his full mind when he awoke. He stepped over and practically fell on it, out in an instant the way only a soldier knows how...
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  GamerGoddessDin on Wed Oct 22, 2014 1:44 am

<<Really? What is it with everypony around here hating on Jewel's artistic representation of the camp? I don't recall seeing any junk yards or the like on the map anyways. Let's stow the cart here in the shed and then go look for Jewel. She ought to have some idea of where we can find the last few parts we need.>> *Grey shuts the engine down as she parks it in a corner of the shed* <<Ladies first>> *Grey stands aside and motions for Dart to exit the shed first.*
GamerGoddessDin
Very Important Pony
Very Important Pony

View user profile http://gameplayersdream.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Cardbo on Wed Oct 22, 2014 2:32 am

GamerGoddessDin wrote: <<Ladies first>> *Grey stands aside and motions for Dart to exit the shed first.*

Dart arches his left eyebrow at Grey and just looks at her.
Cardbo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  GamerGoddessDin on Wed Oct 22, 2014 3:58 am

<<Go on Mr. Sissy-Stomach. We don't have all day and I don't want you puking all over me when you notice a bug on the ground.>> 'I didn't realize he was THAT slow... Maybe I ought to find a more intelligent minion...'
GamerGoddessDin
Very Important Pony
Very Important Pony

View user profile http://gameplayersdream.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Cardbo on Wed Oct 22, 2014 1:23 pm

"Yesh! Fine. Fine."
Cardbo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Elacular on Wed Oct 29, 2014 12:02 am

ZamuelNow wrote:Marsh initially felt puzzled by what Miracle said until it dawned on her, "Was your dad the one with the sign outside the camp?"

Miracle nods, but oddly, he seems to smile at you, despite still sobbing. "Tha-that's a good thing! Daddy doesn't think so, but he needs help. I can see the holes inside of him, and I can hear the screams and see all the things. He doesn't think I do, but I do. But now he's here! And now other ponies can help him!"

Quietkal wrote:With her new destination, Cloud flies toward the entrance, only high enough to pass over walking ponies with a decent amount of space, looking for Magimind as she goes

You fly easily through the camp and find, surprisingly, that most of the students have dispersed from the catastrophe area. Magimind seems to be the main pony there, staring wearily at the scorched sens-dep chambers and tutting.

GamerGoddessDin wrote:<<Go on Mr. Sissy-Stomach. We don't have all day and I don't want you puking all over me when you notice a bug on the ground.>> 'I didn't realize he was THAT slow... Maybe I ought to find a more intelligent minion...'

Cardbo wrote:"Yesh!  Fine.  Fine."

Meta:
Do you two go searching for Jewel? No roll needed, just need clarification.
Elacular
Best Pony
Best Pony

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Quietkal on Wed Oct 29, 2014 1:51 pm

Elacular wrote:You fly easily through the camp and find, surprisingly, that most of the students have dispersed from the catastrophe area. Magimind seems to be the main pony there, staring wearily at the scorched sens-dep chambers and tutting.
Cloud glides to a landing, stumbling a little this time as her hooves touch the ground. She snorts slightly, disappointed with the landing, before addressing the councilor. "Excuse me...Mr Magimind? Sarge wanted me to tell you that Featherbow is alright...though, you guys can thought speak each other, can't you?"

Last edited by Quietkal on Wed Oct 29, 2014 6:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
Quietkal
Element of Harmony

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Cardbo on Wed Oct 29, 2014 3:41 pm

Elacular wrote:Alright then, you guys come across Jewel flying fairly high overhead towards the Kiddy Cabins.

Dart hops and waves his arms "Jewel! Jewel! Hey Jewel!"
Cardbo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Crystalite on Wed Oct 29, 2014 5:52 pm

As Cloud Hopper was talking to Magimind, the Sargeant was power napping.

Was.

He awoke with a start. He had been dreaming, and his first reaction was to pull out his Dream Book and write down the details before he forgot them. The symbols and words he used were nonsense to anyone else, but that was okay: Pyro didn't need other ponies to read it, and if he did he could always make another version in plain Equestrian.

Once the disturbing dream had been recorded, he took a few minutes to contemplate it. Clearly his subconscious - or perhaps someone else's - was trying to tell him something. He considered doing a mind-dive on himself: but decided now wasn't a good time to hook up to the gear needed to do so. He settled for meditation instead; and after several minutes, decided that all was well with his own mind, as much as it could be at least. However, he still felt unnerved by the whole affair; a bad state to be in for what was coming next. But then, it didn't feel like he'd been napping for long - his internal clock said it had been only minutes, and the sun was still in about the right place. He looked down at the box under the table. He pulled it out, took the lid off, and put a glass on the table. He looked down at the several bottles inside, and eventually selected a light sparkleberry wine, which he opened and poured into the glass. He wanted to take the time to enjoy it without getting too much alcohol in his system, and this was perfectly suited for the purpose. He took a sip as he looked out the window...

Perception:
What does he see?

Result: 1d20 [7] + Perception [10] = 17
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ZamuelNow on Thu Oct 30, 2014 12:07 pm

Marsh sighed, "From the things he was saying, it sounded like he didn't want any help the camp could offer." She pointed at herself, "I want to be a doctor.  I think learning more about my powers will help but...I don't know what to do for those who don't want the help.  A doctor shouldn't ignore ponies who need them but I'm still new to all this psychic stuff."
ZamuelNow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 23 of 23 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 21, 22, 23

View previous topic View next topic Back to top