P:AE Group 2, Team Z83

Page 7 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: P:AE Group 2, Team Z83

Post  Copper Rose on Tue Jun 10, 2014 7:30 pm

Coral makes a running leap for the deep end of the pool, changing back into her normal form mid-air. "YEEEEEEAAAAAAAA- *SPLOOSH*
Copper Rose
Epic Pwny

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ZamuelNow on Wed Jun 11, 2014 2:40 pm

No denying that Coral's enthusiasm was at least a little infectious. Flairvoyant jumped in and paddled about. It was a nice stretch for the muscles.
ZamuelNow
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Crystalite on Wed Jun 11, 2014 5:05 pm

Appearance: Attentive

Lakaida didn't jump in yet. Instead, sh perched at the edge, giving Coral Wrench and her normal form all of her attention. Some interesting changes would need to occur, particularly to her hind quarters. Everything would have to be just so. The bone structure, the musculature, the aligning of blood vessels... Nothing esvaped Lakaida as she worked a unique part of Changeling magic, the eye for detail that let them flawlessly impersonate other races and individuals, the eidetic memory for appearance that ranged from overall size to arrangement of iris muscles.

After several minutes, Lakaida felt she had enough information. She wouldn't be able to make her own, unique form the first few times; Coral would just have to put up with it.

"Here we go!" she announced, taking a step back. She launched into the air, assisted by wing power, making a graceful arc as her green magic engulfed her, ending as the pink merpony...

She broke the surface of the water shortly after, almost ready to sing. Where had this been all her life!? "Wonderful! It's just wonderful!" she cheered.
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Copper Rose on Wed Jun 11, 2014 8:35 pm

"See now why I don't like having to have back legs?" Coral says, spurting some water at Flairvoyant and Lakaida.
Copper Rose
Epic Pwny

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ZamuelNow on Thu Jun 12, 2014 1:34 am

Flair blocked the water with her foreleg, "I dunno, something just seems sturdy and substantial about being a quadruped.  But I guess we all prefer what we're used to."
ZamuelNow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest on Fri Jun 13, 2014 7:43 am

"Any other means of assistance?" Gearick sent back a reply, not wanting to just stand around and do nothing when he knows there is an issue on the ship that needs to be investigated.
Fury of the Tempest

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Crystalite on Sat Jun 14, 2014 11:11 am

Appearance: Coral Wrench

Lakaida giggled as Coral splashed at her. "Oh really! Two can play that game!" she said as she started splashing back.

Meanwhile, Ruby watched quietly from above. She didn't mind staying back; she was a robot after all, only able to mimic emotions, not feel them. But, she did have something akin to "curiosity"; anything that might threaten or hinder Miss Tattersoul was of critical importance, and therefore must be investigated. Ruby couldn't help but wonder: Was Doctor Salve right? Was a new Hive forming? How was this affecting Lakaida mentally? How could Ruby tell with something she apparently had no means to detect? How could this impact the newly forming civilization; and, by extension, Miss Tattersoul? The new Hive would become a strong political force; relations between changelings on the ship and others was already strained. A binding between them, even if they couldn't help it, might be viewed as an uprising. War could break out... Ruby stopped to crunch numbers. The ship's population had accounted for some casualties, but not enough to permit warfare and still insure a genetically varied civilization...

Ruby decided, for now, she needed to be able to moniter the Hive more proficiently. She started processing; how could she detect something even her default scanners couldn't see?

Tech:
Can Ruby design, or at least find out how to design a scanner that can pick up on the forming of the Hive?

Result: 1d20 [4] + Technology [13] = 17
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Curunir on Fri Jun 20, 2014 12:18 am

Gearick recieves no reply- while a brilliant unicorn, Spellbind has been known to be single-minded at times, blocking out anything that does not directly pertain to the task at hand. He probably didn't even notice your latest message, and hasn't thought of anything more for you to do. If any thing, he's probably more focused than ever given the importance and unusual nature of the anomalies.

The cargo bay is silent, but for the whirring of fans somewhere to keep air circulated throughout the ship.

-----

Ruby recalls that Doctor Salve's specialized equipment was able to detect some unusual patterns in Lakaida's brainwaves- perhaps if Ruby could acquire and alter such equipment and incorporate it into her systems, she would be able to monitor Lakaida more closely.

With the right modifications, if indeed a hive was forming, Ruby might be also able to track it's development, and perhaps trace the links to locate other changelings, should the need arise.

Of course, looking after Lakaida the old-fashioned way might be helpful too- keeping watch with camera and sensors to be alert for any subtle changes. It should be easier to notice if Lakaida's about to have another episode.

Between working on designs, and considering the implications of a hive formation, it was a lot to think about.

But a robot like Ruby can get plenty of thinking done, and still not miss anything going on around her. Lakaida seems to not be having any problems right now, and seems to be enjoying her time in the water with her new friends.
Curunir
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

View user profile http://turtlgandalf.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest on Mon Jun 30, 2014 7:15 pm

Gearick sighed at the lack of reply. Not entirely surprised by this turn of events, but hardly thrilled by them. With unicorn having nothing else to do, he moved away from the cargo bay, deciding to check when it was expected for the ship to make planetfall. First, he had to return his magic scanner.
Fury of the Tempest

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ZamuelNow on Fri Jul 04, 2014 10:17 pm

After some time passed in getting acquainted, Flairvoyant asked, "Perhaps we should go see how your friend is doing?"
ZamuelNow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Copper Rose on Sat Jul 05, 2014 4:29 pm

"That is a thing we could do. After all, there really isn't much to do in this pool."
Copper Rose
Epic Pwny

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Crystalite on Sat Jul 05, 2014 7:06 pm

Appearance: Coral Wrench

"Agreed," Lakaida said as she clambered out of the pool, morphing into a more normal, pony shaped version of Coral.

During her time in the pool, Lakaida had established several things about her newest form. For one thing, while this form was vastly superior for marine environs, it was harder to maintain. Likely a result of a lifetime of primarily quadrupedic shapes. Practice makes perfect. For another, while Coral could apparently breath underwater, Lakaida could not. She would have to do some research on merpony biology to perfect this aspect; for now, she resolved to acquire a re-breather until she could morph that way (assuming she could.)

((Translation: May be swapping some talents around soonish. Unless we level up before then.))

((Also, I feel no compulsion to roll anything to get to Lithitus' place. At all.))
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Curunir on Tue Jul 15, 2014 3:19 pm

Gearick returns the scanner to where he found it, in the level X lab, where Spellbind happens to be working with the information you supplied him- constantly shifting his attention between numerous tabs filled with graphs and charts and computer simulations.  He gives you a distracted nod of acknowledgement as you enter, though his eyes are still focused on his task.  

And then the lights go out, and there is silence but for breathing- the omnipresent electric hum of local electronics and the vibrations of the ship's engine have stilled.

"Oh no.  No no no no no no." Spellbind whines.  He stomps one of his hooves in frustration at the interruption of his work.

Then there is light again, but only enough to see by.  Nothing else seems to have started up again, save for the air circulation.  

-----
The others make their way to Lithitis' level, and draw near his quarters.

Ruby, watching for it this time, notices the warning signs of another episode and manages to keep Lakaida from falling over.  Again Lakaida feels the rush of sensation, though much more concentrated.  (Perception for more info, Lakaida)

And then the power goes out.  When the emergency lights come back on, the odd sensations are gone again, quite thoroughly: no lingering aftereffects like last time.  

"Th' Tartarus was that?" Lithitis is sitting nearby, having apparently run into you all in the dark.  His eyes closed as he rubs a presumably aching head with one hoof.  As he opens his eyes, he immediately ignores his own pain as he spots Lakaida "You alright?  What just happened?"  

You can't tell if he's asking about the power outage or whatever Lakaida experienced.
Curunir
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  ZamuelNow on Tue Jul 15, 2014 7:53 pm

Flairvoyant calmly lit the hall with her horn, "Pretty sure we're fine but I'm a little worried about the ship."
ZamuelNow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Crystalite on Wed Jul 16, 2014 1:28 am

Appearance: Unwell

Lakaida had dropped her guise of Coral Wrench. But, thanks to Ruby's quick reaction, she still stood, rubbing her forehead beneath the base of her horn.

"I'm fine, really. But that," she said in not quite a moan, "Is what I wanted to talk to you about. I had wanted to just visit a while first, but I think we're having a power issue... Which just happens to coincide with what Doctor Salve thinks is a changeling issue... Which Commander Twisty Pants is going to think is a security issue... I don't know, maybe it is. I hoped you could tell us more about the changeling part... Doctor Salve thinks a new Hive is forming. I know it's kind of a touchy subject, but you were in a Hive once and you could help us figure it out although it's a pretty painful subject and we're having a power outage I'm sorry maybe we should come back later Meep..."

Checks:
Perception, to find out whatever it is the GM wants to tell me. Persusion, to help Lithitus not feel irate about what is in fact a pretty touchy subject.

Result 1: 1d20 [15] + Perception [11] = 26

Result 2: 1d20 [20] = CUTIE CRIT! SCREENCAP INCOMING!

Last edited by Crystalite on Wed Jul 16, 2014 11:17 am; edited 1 time in total
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest on Wed Jul 16, 2014 11:01 am

Gearick was honestly a little surprised to find Spellbind in the exact lab that he had retrieved the the scanner from. As it was a bit of a coincidence. Still, it didn’t really matter, and he might be able to get a look at what exactly Spellbind was doing. At least, that was what he had planned.

Then the power went out, making the unicorn frown, the power going out like this was troubling. Deeply troubling. Especially with the magical anomalies like they were. With this in mind he stepped up to Spellbind, asking. “Is it possible to do a magical scan of the ship without power?”
Fury of the Tempest

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Curunir on Wed Aug 13, 2014 1:18 pm

"Hm?  Oh yes, of course!  With the right planning, and enough magic, it could be done manually.  Be easier with a few more uncorns, but in theory we could do it."  Spellbind replied.  

-----

Lakaida manages to pick out a few things this time- the images and odd perspectives seem to have been less scattered that time.  She saw one of the colony landing ships, number 5 judging by the large number emblazoned on it and along the hangar walls.  And changelings- a large number of changelings.  

You also find that you feel like you knew where Lithitus was- in fact, when you come to, you're facing directly at him, ready to say your questions.

Lithitus begins to scowl as you mention the Hive, but sighs and shifts to a more concerned expression as you continue. "Now now, don't fret yourself dear... yes, it's a ... sensitive subject, but you deserve to know.  Not like you'd find out from anypony else.  

A new Hive you say?  Well, it's certainly possible.  There wasn't always the one and only 'eternal' Hive, no matter what Queen Chrysalis"
the name comes out as a whisper "Wanted everypony to believe.  While generally longer-lived than average, a Queen is hardly as immortal as, say, an Alicorn- so our race would likely have died out a long time ago if it were impossible to make a new Hive- or a new Queen, if the royal line died out.  According to legend there were multiple hives, once, just as before Equestria was formed there were the different tribes of ponies- some even say that there were different kinds of changelings, as with the ponies- winged changelings, horned changelings, and 'earth' changelings- then again, some ponies believe that changelings were ponies once.  Utter rubbish if you ask me, but it's not like I can confirm or deny any of it, I'm not that old."

Lithitus chuckled.  He liked to joke about his age, but if he was as old as he made himself out to be sometimes, he probably wouldn't have been permitted to go on this journey.

"Yes... though we weren't conscious... for most of it, anyways... we have been in close quarters for what... 40 years?  50?  It would make sense for a hive bond to begin to develop.  Heck, it might explain the difficulties we've been having staying in stasis.  Though I'm still sticking with a conspiracy by changeling-hating engineers."

He stops ranting for a moment, something you said clearly giving him some thoughts.  

"Though- there could be a connection with the power outage.  I hate to admit it, but'Commander Twisty Pants'." he chuckles momentarily at the nickname Lakaida had given the overzealous security chief.  "Could have a point- sure, all of us who signed up openly are good, law-abiding citizens, but who's to say the Hive didn't infiltrate the mission?  'Chryssi' " he says the name a little more boldly this time  "certainly wouldn't pass up the opportunity.  If anything, the Hive's presence would exacerbate the formation of a new hive, by us independents, particularly old-timers like me who know the old Hive, and will never willingly return to it.  Our subconscious desire to avoid falling back in with the original Hive would spur the creation of a new Hive to resist bonding with the old."  He's practically muttering to himself at this point.

He notices himself ranting again, and stops.

"All pure speculation, of course, dear.  In any case, I don't think a new Hive forming would be an issue- we're all too indepenent-minded, not all hives have to be ruled as a despotic dicatorship.  But if the old Hive is here... we have some problems."
Curunir
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest on Wed Aug 13, 2014 1:23 pm

“I would like to request that we perform one right now.” Gearick said seriously, addressing the more talented magician than him. “I may just be paranoid, but I want to check to see if the force behind the anomalies isn’t the cause of this blackout... or taking advantage of it.”
Fury of the Tempest

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Crystalite on Wed Aug 13, 2014 5:49 pm

((When you say "large amounts of changelings", do you mean just lots of individuals, or a crowd?))

Appearance: Better

The changeling tried to absorb the information. "If the old Hive has a presence here - or if the Commander even assumes it does - he's not going to differentiate between 'Old Hive' versus 'New Hive'. We could all be in a lot of trouble... Could we go inside your apartment now? I suddenly don't want to be caught in the halls."

Last edited by Crystalite on Wed Aug 13, 2014 10:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ZamuelNow on Wed Aug 13, 2014 7:56 pm

OOC:
Curunir wrote:You also find that you feel like you knew where Lithitus was- in fact, when you come to, you're facing directly at him, ready to say your questions.

Technically, Flair lit her horn on the previous page so visuals should be fine.

Flairvoyant listened and took in the information. She then calmly replied with a surprisingly even tone, "I've had to travel with a number of different equine and one thing remains the same--we all have to work together if we're going to make it in one piece. If needed, I'm willing to vouch for you. I'm not famous but I do have a record I'd hope they'd listen to. Besides, it would be in their favor to establish relations with a hive that has positive intentions."
ZamuelNow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Copper Rose on Thu Aug 14, 2014 1:31 am

"Woo! Conspiracy theory time!"
Copper Rose
Epic Pwny

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Crystalite on Thu Aug 14, 2014 2:31 pm

Lakaida frowned at her companions. "In. Side. NOW."
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Curunir on Fri Aug 15, 2014 5:58 pm

"Paranoid?  Perhaps, but an overactive mind is better than an underactive one.  Better safe than sorry!  Not like we have anything better to do.  Idle hooves and idle minds are Discord's workshop!  Spellbind mutters as he levitates a pen to a nearby tablet to take some notes and do some calculations.  He seems quite happy that you've given him something to do.

"Alright... you stand right here... he nudges you slightly into position, and moves to stand across from you, about a pony's length away.   ... And I... here!  Alright, just release as much magic as you can into the spell, I'll do the same, and provide the magic's structure- which will take most of my attention, so you will be the one actually conducting the scan and receiving its input..

(Arcana roll (surprise) please.)

--------

Spoiler:
Yes, good point, I had managed to forget that.  Though some emergency lights have come on by now (though they're not very bright- Flairvoyant's light is still helping.  I meant that when Lakaida became aware of her surroundings again (instead of whatever else she was seeing) she happened to be facing Lithitus.  

By "A large number of changelings", I mean a crowd of them, fairly closely packed in the hangar bay, apparently boarding the landing ship.  
"Thank you, it's always nice to meet a pony who's willing to give a changeling a chance.  Though I suppose it's not nearly as uncommon an occurrence as it used to be."  Lithitus responds to Flairvoyant.  "Still, I'm glad that Lakaida has found such good friends already."

Lithitis nods.  "Come along in, then." and he ushers you into his room, sliding the no-longer-automated door shut with some effort.  The room is identical to yours, with possibly a slight variation in coloring (probably color-coded to the floor).  You are alone with Lithitus- none of his teammates are present.

Lithitus tilts his head and looks at Lakaida.

"You know- if it is possible that a New Hive is forming, you would actually be a likely candidate to be a Queen: assuming that a hive indeed can be formed by the collective consciousness of a group of changelings.  Think about it- you are probably about the most public Changeling figure aboard the ship.  Most ponies even know who you are, if that has any bearing, whether they consciously know of you as an actress or subconsciously as the characters you've portrayed.  "
Curunir
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Crystalite on Fri Aug 15, 2014 10:04 pm

Appearance: Natural

"Queen..." Lakaida pondered the implications. Nevermind the biological ones; she couldn't even begin to imagine the changes she wouldn't be able to help. It would almost be like puberty all over again... The political consequences could be equally awkward. "Queen Tattersoul. I guess I won't get to say 'I just play one on TV' anymore. But how do you know that? I mean, how does my public presence have any impact on who gets to be Number 1? No, better question; how do we tell that I get to be queen whether I like it or not? Because I... Wait."

She hesitated.

"Aren't the changelings supposed to be scattered around the ship?"
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ZamuelNow on Sat Aug 16, 2014 12:21 am

"I forgot, just how big is the ship and how many changelings do you guess are here? The numbers might be affecting things since it's been decades since we left and the changelings can only be split up so much."
ZamuelNow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top