P:AE Group 2, Team Z83

Page 8 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: P:AE Group 2, Team Z83

Post  Fury of the Tempest on Mon Aug 18, 2014 2:54 pm

Gearick got into position as requested, glad that Spellbind thought nothing of his fear, and in fact thought it was a good thing to investigate. Though from the looks of things, Spellbind was simply happy to have something to do with the lights having shut out all of a sudden. The unicorn nodded in understand to Spellbind’s explanation and close his eyes, bringing up as much magic as he could, ready to perform the magical scan, as well as receiving the information.

Arcana:
1d20+14 = 28
avatar
Fury of the Tempest
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Gender : Male
Posts : 4116
Join date : 2012-09-22
Age : 23
Location : ENGLAND!!!!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: P:AE Group 2, Team Z83

Post  Curunir on Sat Nov 08, 2014 12:37 am

"How do I know this? Well, I don't! It's all pure conjecture. But since the hive-bond forms a mental connection, I would imagine that connection could only be created around an individual the whole hive knows. Even better if there is an emotional connection as well. Again, as a publicly known figure, loved for her work, you seem to fit the bill for a hypothetical new queen."

"And desire- or lack thereof, would simply not factor into the equation, as no one mind would be able to influence the creation of this sort of connection- not even the new queen."

"...I could have made so many bits back home writing a book about this if this turns out to be true..."

Lithitis stopped muttering as the subject changed slightly.

"Eh? Hm, well: there's what? Ten thousand or so colonists? Mostly ponies of course. And probably less changelings than anything else. Still leaves a few hundred I'd imagine. There's a few on my floor I know, and a few on other floors- certainly no more than one in to any group room. Still, packed closely enough- ship's not really fit living arrangements for this many, which is why we are awake just in time to go to our nice spacious new home below."

Though he answered the questions, he seemed curious what they were asking them for.

-----

With the ship still running on emergency power, there was very little magical interference from the countless devices and systems onboard- Gearick can't help but think this scan might have been dangerous, and not very informative, had everything been up and running. Of course, you probably wouldn't have suggested to try it if that had been the case.

At first the magic from the spell itself was drowning out other signals, but Spellbind seemed to quickly account for it, and a vague outline of the ship appears in your mind, formed by the limited power still coursing through its walls, and by the faint ambient magic caused by any creature or material from back home. Clearer points of magic most likely signaled spells in use by unicorns or other magic-users.

Looking for what caused the earlier anomalies, you don't manage to find anything matching the unidentified teleportation you had noticed earlier. You don't see any major magical disturbances of any kind- though you do notice a few sources of Chaos magic since you know to look for them. One, as you would expect, being the ship's engine. Though the signal seems to be a bit more erratic than it should be- not surprising, given that there seemed to be some sort of power failure, and the harmonizers allowing for the stabilization and use of chaos energy were likely not functional. There is only one other source of chaos magic, and it seems to be moving around the ship- currently somewhere on deck R. It's not giving off anything near like any of the anomalies you had noticed, but did seem to have a higher concentration of magic than the average unicorn.

And the spell collapses.

"Oof! That was exhausting. Get anything useful from that?" Spellbind doesn't look like he cares much what your answer's going to be. He mostly looks pleased that his impromptu spell seemed to work.
avatar
Curunir
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Gender : Male
Posts : 870
Join date : 2013-01-18
Age : 26
Location : Virginia

View user profile http://turtlgandalf.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: P:AE Group 2, Team Z83

Post  Crystalite on Sat Nov 08, 2014 1:24 am

((Yay!))

Curunir wrote:"Eh?  Hm, well: there's what?  Ten thousand or so colonists?  Mostly ponies of course.  And probably less changelings than anything else.  Still leaves a few hundred I'd imagine.  There's a few on my floor I know, and a few on other floors- certainly no more than one in to any group room.  Still, packed closely enough- ship's not really fit living arrangements for this many, which is why we are awake just in time to go to our nice spacious new home below."  

Though he answered the questions, he seemed curious what they were asking them for.

Appearance: Natural

"Soooooo, the big crowd of changelings boarding a lander I saw was probably just my imagination then? Or should we be worried?"
avatar
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

Posts : 2898
Join date : 2013-10-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: P:AE Group 2, Team Z83

Post  ZamuelNow on Sun Nov 09, 2014 2:30 am

"When did this happen? We don't want to start a panic but the supervising officers might want to know before too many changelings are shipped out."
avatar
ZamuelNow
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Gender : Male
Posts : 3283
Join date : 2013-03-19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: P:AE Group 2, Team Z83

Post  Crystalite on Sun Nov 09, 2014 12:29 pm

Appearance: Natural

"When the lights blinked. I thought I saw a crowd of changelings, in what certainly looked like a lander to me."
avatar
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

Posts : 2898
Join date : 2013-10-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: P:AE Group 2, Team Z83

Post  ZamuelNow on Sun Nov 09, 2014 7:05 pm

"Hmm. Well, what do you think we should do from here?"
avatar
ZamuelNow
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Gender : Male
Posts : 3283
Join date : 2013-03-19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: P:AE Group 2, Team Z83

Post  Fury of the Tempest on Mon Nov 10, 2014 10:44 am

Gearick was amazed at just what the spell gave him. Allowing him to see the entire ship with the magic trembling though its walls. Not only that, but the spots of light that were the many different creatures on the ship, even able to see where they were and if they were a magic user or not... it was a rather... spiritual occurrence. Soon though Gearick turned his attention to the reason behind the spell, searching for anomalies and what might of caused them. Sadly, he didn’t find anything direct, or any information about what had might of caused the power-failure, but he did sense something... interesting.

When the spell collapsed so suddenly, he winced, taken by surprise, before shaking his head to clear it, focusing on the question asked. “Maybe. Do we have any chaos magic users on board? As I located a source of chaos magic that was bigger than your normal unicorn, and it was moving about.”
avatar
Fury of the Tempest
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Gender : Male
Posts : 4116
Join date : 2012-09-22
Age : 23
Location : ENGLAND!!!!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: P:AE Group 2, Team Z83

Post  Crystalite on Mon Nov 10, 2014 12:12 pm

Appearance: Natural

"Why don't we confirm what I saw first. Ruby!"

"Already started. Where should I look?"

"Uuuuhm. I think I saw a number five on the wall?"

Technology:
Checking the cameras in/around Colony Lander Five.

Result: 1d20 [1] = .....Well then.

"...I can not access the systems."

Lakaida put a hoof to her nose. "Right. Power outage. I should've known. Well, now what?"
avatar
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

Posts : 2898
Join date : 2013-10-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: P:AE Group 2, Team Z83

Post  Curunir on Wed Nov 19, 2014 12:40 am

Lithitis looked concerned.

"I'm no doctor, but I'm pretty sure you weren't seeing things.  Though I imagine it'd be hard medically speaking to tell the difference between hallucinations and images broadcasted into your head."

"The timing of a thing is too much of a coincidence- I suspect the hive somehow came aboard, and arranged the power outage as a diversion so they can get back off."

"Don't know how they managed any of these things though- security is pretty tight, particularly where changelings are concerned, as you well know."

Lakaida would find it difficult to forget the extensive screening process involved in her applying to become a colonist, nor the "changeling detector" that all colonists passed through boarding the ship- unsurprisingly indicating that she was a changeling as she claimed to be, though more surprisingly managing to catch one or two unregistered changelings that had foolishly tried to take the place of some of the other colonists.

-----
Spellbind looked pretty out of it, quite drained from the magic he had just engineered and contributed to, but mustered enough concentration to listen and to adopt a concerned expression.  

"Chaos magic users?  Nopony's primarily a chaos magic user, not even what passes for experts in the still poorly-understood field.  Are you certain that's what you saw?" He looked like he already knew Gearick's answer though, and just didn't want to accept it.
avatar
Curunir
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Gender : Male
Posts : 870
Join date : 2013-01-18
Age : 26
Location : Virginia

View user profile http://turtlgandalf.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: P:AE Group 2, Team Z83

Post  Crystalite on Wed Nov 19, 2014 11:06 am

Appearance: Natural

Lakaida closed her eyes in thought. "...It doesn't matter how they managed. What matters is somehow they did manage. They're here now, and they're going to be a lot of trouble," she explained. A long moment passed.

"I think I know what to do," she said, opening her eyes. "Ruby, start compiling a list of all the changelings on board. Then make another list of non-changelings that might sympathise," she instructed to her assistant before turning to Lithitus. "Then we need a venue. You said there were some several hundred changelings aboard? Find me a spot to seat twice that number," she said to the director, her voice rising in confidence as she turned to a computer terminal. No network connections right now, but that was okay; she mainly needed to write. "If there's going to be a Hive, then let there be a Hive. Someone needs to tell them what's going on, and if you think I am the Queen then it may as well be me telling them," she explained as her horn lit up; her own, natural Telekinesis may have been weak, but she could use the computer, at least. She started writing.
avatar
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

Posts : 2898
Join date : 2013-10-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: P:AE Group 2, Team Z83

Post  Fury of the Tempest on Wed Dec 03, 2014 11:35 am

"I know what I saw." Gearick said simply, not needing to say anything else as it was obvious that Spellbind was just trying to deny the truth for a few more seconds, not wanting to accept it. "The ship has stairs right? Even if the emergency generator's are working, I'm not quite willing to trust taking the elevators currently." As he spoke, the unicorn was also thinking of other things... or other people he could potentially contact without having to use the ship's systems to do so. He didn't want to investigate this alone.

(I can send a message to Ruby right? He's a droid, and not connected to the ships systems for communications?)
avatar
Fury of the Tempest
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Gender : Male
Posts : 4116
Join date : 2012-09-22
Age : 23
Location : ENGLAND!!!!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: P:AE Group 2, Team Z83

Post  Curunir on Wed Dec 10, 2014 2:40 am

"Until I regain access to the network, and the crew and colonist files it contains, I won't be able to put together such a list."

"But once I do, it will take me less than a second to complete."

"Well I can certainly get you started with the names of some of my acquaintances, changeling and otherwise."  

"As for venue, the hangar decks would be ideal- if they were empty.  Our best option is likely a cafeteria, though it will be quite cramped, and at best fit a couple hundred."

"I believe one of the decks actually has a theatre that might be large enough.  Space is scarce aboard ship, but thankfully Spark Industries was considerate enough to squeeze in a couple luxuries- even if they can only accommodate a bare fraction of the ship's total population.  Which is all you need - a few hundred out of thousands."  

The computers are still down, but Lakaida finds a tablet still running under its own power and begins to write.  

"Incoming Message.  It's faint... let me see if I can clear it up a bit."

(Ruby can perform an assist to Gearick's technology roll to send a message to Ruby)

-----

Spellbind simply nods as you ask about stairs.  You think you recall seeing a door near the lifts- likely not paying any attention because who in their right minds would use stairs when there were lifts availible?  Especially since you expect the "stairs" to be steep and narrow, practically a ladder- not taking up too much unnecessary space.

(You're quite certain you could send a message using a tablet- though its range might be limited.  You might have to get a little closer, unless you can boost the signal (technology roll) )
avatar
Curunir
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Gender : Male
Posts : 870
Join date : 2013-01-18
Age : 26
Location : Virginia

View user profile http://turtlgandalf.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: P:AE Group 2, Team Z83

Post  Fury of the Tempest on Wed Dec 10, 2014 4:56 pm

"Once you've recovered, if the power's not back on and I'm not back, feel free to check up on me if you don't have other duties you need to get doing." Gearick told Spellbind even as he moved to leave, nabbing a nearby tablet with his telekinesis. It was a pretty simply matter to use his magic to boost the signal, as he wasn't here as a mage, but an engineer, a magical engineer to be precise, quickly he sent a short message. "Gearick, requested aid at deck R, investigated chaos magic, danger probable." Telling them that there was danger might not be the smartest thing, but you don't go on a journey through the stars by being a coward.

Technology:
1d20+12 = 28
avatar
Fury of the Tempest
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Gender : Male
Posts : 4116
Join date : 2012-09-22
Age : 23
Location : ENGLAND!!!!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: P:AE Group 2, Team Z83

Post  Curunir on Wed Dec 10, 2014 6:44 pm

(To save time I'm going to go ahead and tell you that with that roll, Gearick's message gets through: Definitely with an assist from Ruby, which would have succeeded given her tech skill unless she rolled another nat 1. You can go ahead and roll with her anyways to see if you're able to respond to Gearick- which I expect you should be able to. Definitely if you roll as well as Gearick you can go ahead and assume you're able to respond without further input from me)
avatar
Curunir
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Gender : Male
Posts : 870
Join date : 2013-01-18
Age : 26
Location : Virginia

View user profile http://turtlgandalf.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: P:AE Group 2, Team Z83

Post  Crystalite on Wed Dec 10, 2014 6:53 pm

Lakaida nodded in response to the various stipulations. "Make it happen, then. I want to be on stage by tomorrow, at the latest... Wait. Message? I thought the network was out? What does it say?"

Tech Assist:
Result: 1d20 [14] + Technology [13] = 27
avatar
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

Posts : 2898
Join date : 2013-10-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: P:AE Group 2, Team Z83

Post  Curunir on Thu Dec 11, 2014 4:00 pm

"It's coming from a pad a few floors down.... It's Gearick!"

Ruby relays Gearick's message

"I should be able to send a reply if you wish."
avatar
Curunir
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Gender : Male
Posts : 870
Join date : 2013-01-18
Age : 26
Location : Virginia

View user profile http://turtlgandalf.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: P:AE Group 2, Team Z83

Post  ZamuelNow on Thu Dec 11, 2014 8:11 pm

"Lakida, is there anything I can do to help?"
avatar
ZamuelNow
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Gender : Male
Posts : 3283
Join date : 2013-03-19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: P:AE Group 2, Team Z83

Post  Crystalite on Fri Dec 12, 2014 1:13 pm

Appearance: Focused

Lakaida considered the information briefly before addressing Flairvoyant. "Evidently we need to find this Gearick pony. If he can get a message to us, he can probably get the network back up." She started talking to her friends in turn. "Ruby, respond to Gearick and tell him we're on the way. And save a copy of the address on this tablet, please. Lithitus, once the network is up start looking into that theater, and own it. We're headed for Deck R, it seems," she says, turning towards the door...
avatar
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

Posts : 2898
Join date : 2013-10-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: P:AE Group 2, Team Z83

Post  Curunir on Thu Jan 08, 2015 3:08 am

Ruby remains in touch with Gearick, and with her help Lakaida and whoever follows her manage to find their way to his location on Deck R.  Luckily it's not too many floors away, seeing as the lifts are out- luckily Spark Industries apparently planned ahead for such a possibility, and there are manual access tubes running from floor to floor.  

Deck R is now buzzing with activity, as several teams of security guards are running around knocking on doors and telling everypony to meet in that level's cafeteria.  

One security mare- an orange Pegasus, apparently a team commander, probably one of the higher ranking individuals on this floor, notes you coming out of the access hatch.  She looks a bit frazzled.

"I don't know what you lot think you're doing down here, but somepony's just noticed that with the main generators out, the engines are as well.  You'd best find your way back to your own level, and spread the word if you can- we must be ready for evacuation, should power to the engines not be restored."  

She doesn't halt you or question you further, but turns to continue supervising her deck's evacuation procedures.
avatar
Curunir
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Gender : Male
Posts : 870
Join date : 2013-01-18
Age : 26
Location : Virginia

View user profile http://turtlgandalf.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: P:AE Group 2, Team Z83

Post  Fury of the Tempest on Sun Jan 11, 2015 10:18 am

“Evacuation?” Gearick muttered, surprised at just how serious the situation was getting. Through he hadn’t seen any signs of evacuation on the other decks, and only one deck preparing for evacuation didn’t exactly seem like it rang true for the unicorn. He glanced at the others, saying simply. “I would appreciate if you stuck with me still.” As he spoke, Gearick not only tried to recall where the chaos magic was, but focused his own magic. Throwing out a scan across the deck to pinpoint it.

Arcana:
1d20+14 = 30
avatar
Fury of the Tempest
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Gender : Male
Posts : 4116
Join date : 2012-09-22
Age : 23
Location : ENGLAND!!!!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: P:AE Group 2, Team Z83

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum