Pony Tales: Aspirations of Harmony
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Obligatory Breezy topic

5 posters

Go down

Obligatory Breezy topic Empty Obligatory Breezy topic

Post  Masterweaver Sat Mar 01, 2014 4:22 pm

So! Breezies. How are we going to race them up?

I kinda want to adapt the Derp utility talent into a racial trait (Fragile Fairy) to represent both their fragility and their magical nature... also they have to have flying. Apart from that, I'm not sure.
Masterweaver
Masterweaver
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Obligatory Breezy topic Empty Re: Obligatory Breezy topic

Post  Masterweaver Sat Mar 01, 2014 4:44 pm

After looking through the Genetic Engineering thingity thing, I came up with the following idea.

Glitterwings (It’s Almost Like Flying) (1)
You belong to a flying race but you’re not a peregrine falcon or anything. In fact… You kind of suck at it. You can fly with terrible maneuverability (you suffer a -10 penalty to precision and brawn skills while flying).
Fragile Fairy (Naturally Skilled) (2)
Characters of your race gain an additional utility talent (Derp) at character creation. You may take this racial trait multiple times.
Cutie Mark (2)
Characters of your race gain a Cutie Mark. This means they also gain an Expert Skill (as described below) related to their Cutie Mark.
Lean on me (Pack Mentality) (3)
Whenever a character of your race successfully aids a creature on a skill check, they provide a +4 bonus instead of a +2 bonus.

And each Breezy has ONE of the following as a racial trait.

Magical Attunement (1)
Your race can use perception to detect magic, though this does not let them decipher exactly what the magic does - that requires arcane knowledge.
---
Sharp Eyes (1)
Characters of your race gain a +3 bonus to perceptions checks to notice physical details. For example, noticing a tiny crack in the wall would gain benefit from this, but things that require mental insight - figuring out if someone is lying, for instance - would not.
---
Empathetic (1) - At Will
Characters of your race can feel the emotions of people around them, even when they show no physical signs of their true feelings. Make a perception check with a +5 bonus to sense the emotional state of target creature.

...obviously this is using the legacy rules. So... thoughts?
Masterweaver
Masterweaver
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Zarhon Sat Mar 01, 2014 6:58 pm

Considering they're tiny, they could probably be applied to have the "size" talents that was mentioned in another thread to apply it as a mechanic.

They could additionally have a forced limitation on their flying (no upgrades) in exchange for having more points on other stuff.

Cutie Marks aren't needed, since they don't have any and updated talents auto-include those.

They also appear to have a degree of magic. Spellchild, perhaps? Many Tongues?
Zarhon
Zarhon
Smile Smile Smile
Smile Smile Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  Masterweaver Sat Mar 01, 2014 11:00 pm

I couldn't tell whether or not they had cutie marks. But they should definitely not have Many Tongues. I think it was pretty explicitly stated that they spoke a different language...
Masterweaver
Masterweaver
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  ZamuelNow Sat Mar 01, 2014 11:23 pm

G3 Breezies could totally take G4 Breezies in a fight.

Oh wait, constructive comments. In the old system, G4 Breezies would not have a cutie mark since they don't have them. In the new system, an Expert Skill can cover various concepts.

Herd Mentality (1)
Whenever an ally successfully aids you on a skill check, you gain an additional +1 bonus to the check.

is probably more appropriate than Pack Mentality. Then again, they should probably have multiple types of the team/assist abilities since they have a major "strength in numbers" vibe.
ZamuelNow
ZamuelNow
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Back to top Go down

Post  Copper Rose Sat Mar 01, 2014 11:43 pm

Upon investigation into screenshot close-ups on Breezies, I confirmed that they do not have cutie marks. Considering Seabreeze was married to a Breezie that looks like Scootaloo, I know consider it cannon that Scootaloo will never find her CM.
Copper Rose
Copper Rose
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Crystalite Sat Mar 29, 2014 9:16 pm

This sounds like a One Size Fits All issue. Which I seriously need to update. Anyways

Appleteenie (2)
Your size is considered Tiny, unless changed by another talent or circumstance.

...Yeah. Definitely need that.

Last edited by Crystalite on Sat Mar 29, 2014 9:23 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Deeeerp...)
Crystalite
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down