Who You Gonna Call?

Page 6 of 24 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 15 ... 24  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Who You Gonna Call?

Post  Brony 7 of 9 on Sat Mar 22, 2014 2:53 pm

Copper Rose wrote:"Oh, it's, uh, it's... it's my candy! Yeah, I made some magnetic candy, and it must be clinging to that. I may have given Gallows a piece or two of it. Hehe." What a terrible, terrible liar, this filly.
Dr. Spengler narrows his eyes in suspicion.

"Well, I don't see why anypony needs magnetic candy, but who am I to judge?" asked Dr. Spengler.

Elacular wrote:She grinned madly at Bell Mare, putting her shovel on her back. A slight wind picked up around her and her hair started lifting as though from static. Blood began to drip from her eyes as her grin grew wider and madder.

"
M̨ͤͣͤ̅ͮ̑͆̄̇҉̪͉̭̦̩̦̬̫̺͇ͅę͖͍̦̘̳̱̦̰͖̥̹͈͔͚͚̠͓̔͂ͦ͒ͣ̄̏̿̀͑̋ͪ̀̕͝ͅsͮͤͭ̓͒͗̃͆ͭ̒̍ͭ̐͂͆̚҉̢̫͓͔͓̼̠̳̠̰́s̢̢̝̗̫̖̳͖͊ͪ̑̿ͨ̈́̉̋͆ͥͦ̒̌͂̐͗ͧ̚ ̧͐͋̌̽ͤ͆͑̉͊҉̩̥͔̜͈̩͎͚͕͎̪̘̫͇w̩̩͖̪̭͓̬͗ͦ͗ͤ̽ͫ̈́̑͌̇͛̓̔̕͜͞ȋ̛̀ͥͧ̏͒̂̍̌̍͟҉̱͉̘̲̪͎̫̩̼t̸ͥ̆͗͋ͪ҉̸̣͇̙̞̩̹͔͍̘̰̞̘͖͉̞̬̲͟h̷̢̢̧̰̳̫̹̝̲̼̺͓͕̗̥͚̯͖̪ͨ̎͊ͮ̚͡ ̵̧̨̼̰̙͚̥̗͔̈̌̽̑͊ͩ̐̽ͫͥ̐̏̽͊͂̑͒̋́t̵̨̆̈̂ͨ̀͂͋̂͢҉̲͎̯̺̜̮̼̖͚̻͉͟ḩ̱͔̤̠̜̤̠̯͇͔̼͍̇͗̍ͬ͂̑̽̓̄̈́͒͛͛̅͂̓̿͒͘͢ẹ̵͎͇̻̅̑͋ͯ̈́̃̄͐̚͟͢͞ ̘̺͔̳̬̞̤̥̪̖̃̔̔̋͋͘͠͡b͕͎͈͈̞̘̘̦͉̥͖͈̝̥̱͍͆̈̂͒̏̓ͨ͌͟͝u̸̡͙̻̺̥̥̔͌̾̑́̋̎̑̊͑̉̆̆͛̓ͭ̊̄̚ḻ̴̶̯̖̭̳͈̝͓ͦ̉̅̒̄̔̽͆͛l̴̡̢̠̙̙̥̘̩͕̬͙̮̺̥̹͂̂̓͊͊̒̎̍͋̈̇͊̏͘͟,̶̧̡̢͍̮̤͔̖̗̰͈̱͔̘͕̫̤̙̺ͦͯͯ̇̂̋̄ͬ͐ͤ͢ͅͅ ͆̔͛̈̍͗̋ͬ̔͏̹͖͎͙́Y̵̜͙̞̗̱̟̼̻͍͈̝̎ͫ̉̃̏̈̅́̽̍̉O̵̧̮̝̘͈̝̺̩̖͖͕̤͓͚͇̮ͭ̄̂ͤ͡Ṵ̢̨̭̩̫̥̜̭̭̝̹̮̘͉̗̄̓͗̓̂ͭ̋͋ͪͬ͒ͨ̐ͯ̑̊͛̀͝ͅͅ ̔̏ͬ͂̂ͦ͛̃̑͗̿̇͏̶̢͍̫͕̥͍̱̥͚͚̹̘̝̜̜̦͜ͅG̓͗ͧͩ҉̶͔̪̩͎̯̟̗̙͈̫̤̤̜̯̥̞Ȩ̧̰̖̘̯̞ͯ̐̌̈́ͤͤ͊ͦ̓ͤ̚͡T̴̷̶͔̬͍̝̥̣̹̺͐ͥ̔̉̿̀́͞ ̵̯̩͔̩̠͚͍͇͙̭͇̏̌̃͐ͭͥ̆ͣ̑ͩ͐̄ͭ̿ͥͥ̒ͭ͞͡Ţ̦̣͍̳͎͉͓̲̲̟̊̅̓̾ͨ̐ͧͣͭ͑ͭ͋̀̿̂ͦ̎̈́͠H͋ͪͧ̐̆̒ͩ̎̂̈́̇ͥͤ̎ͪͬ̆̚̚͡҉̮͉͉͇̥͇̟̮͇͍͉Eͥͤ̒ͬ̏͢҉̧̦̤͚̺͕̻̘̹̮̖͙̦͎͖̬͍͓ ͒̿̂͗̒̑ͫ̐̏͡҉̵͏̜̜̻͎̙̤̦̱̮̻̺̫̳̺͈͚̯H̷̥̬͉͕̻̊͊̓̒̓̊͂̈̀ͪͯ̏ͨͬ̋͠͞͞O̷̵͕̭͔̘̙ͮ͌ͪ̏̄ͦͤ͞R̮͈̥͈͉̺͇̹͖̰̼͔̣̪̰̭̀̅̽ͬͦ̒̏̈̿ͣ͑̀͆ͮ̓͝N͌͗́̄̓ͤ͆̾̎̽̂̆͆͝͏͕̖̳̰͞S̨̛̛̰̞̘͍͓̱̣̼͉͚̩̯͊͒̊̀̈͌ͤ͑ͤͮ̄ͤ,̫̲̙̺͓͖̠̙ͬͦ̈́̄̂̔̊ͣͦ͗ͫ̒́̀͘͟͢͡ ̶̮̰͚̙͇̰̝͇͕͎̠̰̦̠͍̰ͬ͋ͬ̂͂͂̉̌͛̆ͫͥͥ͒ͪͪ̐̉̄ͅͅM̶̦̬͖͇̠̯̗͖̣̼̥̖ͬ̅̓͆͊͊̍̎ͭ̅́̀̚͝ͅO̴̷̪̣̹̣̺͕̹̰̖̝̠̦͙͕̍̍̃̂́͗̓̆̚̚T̷̨̏͋̉̒̋͆ͫ̓ͣ̓̽ͪ͏̸̞̥̩̝̠͍̰͚̣͈̹̜̥͇̣̺̯̳ͅH̸̶̹̩̪̭̰̫̙̳̖̺͐͒̓̐͌́̌̑ͨ̚Ę͎͚̪͕̳̭͈̬͚͎̰̙͙͕̘͖̪̦̿ͣ̍̅̿̈́̄̈́̕R̶̸̨͙̝͎̬̞͉̠̣ͮͦ͌̽̄̉́̋̇̾Ḇ̲̻̯̟̞͓͚̼̹̘̲̠ͬ̍̏̊ͭ͛̎̃ͪͯ̀̉́͢͞͠Ų̭͇̫̞̜̭͎̰̤̙͎̯͙̙̱̭͖̟̟̀͋ͬ̀̀̋ͫ̊͋̾͒C͗͆ͨ̇ͩ̊ͯ͢҉̴͓̺͓̭̰̳̣͙̤͔̦̱͎̪̫K̛̥̱̟̟̙͙̅̔͛́ͅĘ͌͂ͪ̌͋̒̀̆ͦ̎̉ͥ̇̀̚̚͝͏̴̷͓̖̮͚̭̰̜̲̩͎̙̳͍͕ͅR̴͖̺̦̭͑̅ͥ̇̔͊͋̌ͮ̿̐̚̚͟!̢̮̮̰̬͈̱̥͔̯̣̭̲͌̏ͭ́͐̑͌́̈ͥ̒ͩ͠͞"



By speaking in this arcane, eldritch tongue, Rhinestone is able to tune into Bell Mare's 'frequency', so to speak. Bell Mare shudders violently before vanishing from Rhinestone's view, the two ponies somehow existing in sync now.

y̵̛̫̮̥̭̠̤̭̠ͧ̈́o̪̻ͥ̑̈́̎ͤ͒̄ͤ̚͝u̖̜̥̙̭̞̣͚ͯͩ̍̐̊͞ ̡̫̙̱̲̲͎͎͊͊͂͢͡aͣ͆͋̚͏̴͙͖̪̬̪̲n̯̞͇ͩ̓ͭ͢͞d̵̤̦̟̫̳̬͙̜̓̃̚͞ ̧̮͈͈͍̘̐ͪ̾́s͎͖͋̆͂̉̉̌̊̒͝h̬̹͇͇̣͔̭̻̬͒ͦ͋̕͠e̦̦̠̫̱̥͈̩̖͌͊ͮͯ̀

ã̴̢̘̻͎̯͎̭̘͒ͥ͐͑̿̇̓ͦ̏͌ͮ̓ͨ̅ͅr͒̌͒͐͆͂͒ͣ̐̐̽͏̵̴̗̫͈̱̹̟̩͚͚̤͇͍̲̙̝͈̀e̸͎͇̳̹͔̬̞̥̖͎̯̪̤͑̈ͬ͛ͤͤͧ́́ͅ ͑̔̈́ͧͬͭ̎̌҉̴̯̮̦̖͖o͓̥̦͔̺̤̣͇͎̺̝̱̤̗̦̝͚ͥ͌͂͆̓̇ͬͭ̀ͧ͊̃ͭ̍̌̓ͣ͘͟n̢̙̳̩̝̠͖̺̪͎̟̞̹ͯͦ̋̓ͫ̄̉͠ȩ͖͎̗̜̠̹͍͎͍̳͔͇̠̘̃̎̇̉ͩ͂͑̎̽ͪͭ̓̾ͮ̿̎͘͘͝͝
avatar
Brony 7 of 9
Epic Pwny

Gender : Male
Posts : 1775
Join date : 2012-08-09
Age : 24
Location : Yee-Haw County

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Who You Gonna Call?

Post  Elacular on Sat Mar 22, 2014 3:14 pm

Rhinestone let out a pained hiss and crouched low to the ground, her pupils growing huge and blood trickling from her eyes. "Y-you...may want to back up. This can get ugly really fast."

She shivered silently for a few more moments before letting out a psychotic giggle and slowly standing up straight. "We're in one body now. It doesn't last long, but this way I can control her. A little." It was highly unclear who exactly was controlling who. They seemed to be practically holding one another at swordpoint, and the body found it difficult to take even a few steps. "I d-don't want you to test me. If you do I'll k-kill-" She paused for a moment to breathe. "I want to hurt you, but I won't. Now's probably the best t-time for testing. You might want to res-strain me first though."
avatar
Elacular
Best Pony
Best Pony

Gender : Male
Posts : 1157
Join date : 2014-01-14
Age : 22

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Who You Gonna Call?

Post  Copper Rose on Sat Mar 22, 2014 3:24 pm

Sweet Puff rolls her eyes. "Well of COURSE there's a good reason to have magnetic candy! That way you can stick it to your fridge and just eat it whenever you get hungry, instead of eating real food from inside the- wait, you guys have refrigerators, right?"
avatar
Copper Rose
Epic Pwny

Gender : Female
Posts : 1931
Join date : 2013-08-18
Age : 19
Location : Port Angeles, WA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Who You Gonna Call?

Post  AProcrastinatingWriter on Sat Mar 22, 2014 5:47 pm

White Whisper blinked at the two jackals before him a few times before walking over to the apartment's built-in refrigerator, which was perhaps the only thing good about this particular apartment.

He opened the fridge.

It was completely empty.

"Not packin' much, trust me."
avatar
AProcrastinatingWriter
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Gender : Male
Posts : 3259
Join date : 2012-08-13
Age : 25
Location : Nowhere Land

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Who You Gonna Call?

Post  Crystalite on Sat Mar 22, 2014 10:10 pm

Maverick' eyes widened as he realized what had happened. He quickly brought his magnetic plates over and surrounded Rhinestone/Bell Mark with them much the same way as he had Medium Rare.

He brought his magnetic dust into a clump. "Okay Rhinestone! Don't do so yet, but I think if you were to let her go now she would be stuck in the box. Then you could crawl out through the corner there. Do you hear me, Bell Mare? Once Rhinestone is out I'll be able to zap you just like I did the late Medium Rare; now known as Well Done. You're going to cooperate now, bucket!" With that, he pulled out the M.E.D.S. to conduct a quick test on the nature of this bizarre anomaly.

Meta:
Will burn another Enchanting if need be factor new stepping stones. Now, questions:

How long does this thing normally last? Is there still a magnetic field for the M.E.D.S to pick up? And what is Bell Mare's Arcana score?
avatar
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

Posts : 2898
Join date : 2013-10-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Who You Gonna Call?

Post  A1C Bronymous on Sun Mar 23, 2014 2:04 am

"Oh, uh, that's fine..." Gallows looks a little more dejected than one would expect, but Hallows quickly jumps in. "It's fine, we had a big lunch anyway." An audible growl sounds off from one of their stomachs, though it's unclear which one. "...I guess it was a while ago, though. Anyway, let's get to packing, what all do you need?"
avatar
A1C Bronymous
Air Commander, Equestrian Armies Pegasus Corps, Eastern Skies Command
Air Commander, Equestrian Armies Pegasus Corps, Eastern Skies Command

Gender : Male
Posts : 5636
Join date : 2012-07-18
Age : 26
Location : Presidio of Monterey, CA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Who You Gonna Call?

Post  Brony 7 of 9 on Sun Mar 23, 2014 11:56 am

Copper Rose wrote:Sweet Puff rolls her eyes. "Well of COURSE there's a good reason to have magnetic candy! That way you can stick it to your fridge and just eat it whenever you get hungry, instead of eating real food from inside the- wait, you guys have refrigerators, right?"
"Of course we've got refrigerators..."

Elacular wrote:"I d-don't want you to test me. If you do I'll k-kill-" She paused for a moment to breathe. "I want to hurt you, but I won't. Now's probably the best t-time for testing. You might want to res-strain me first though."
Crystalite wrote:He brought his magnetic dust into a clump. "Okay Rhinestone! Don't do so yet, but I think if you were to let her go now she would be stuck in the box. Then you could crawl out through the corner there. Do you hear me, Bell Mare? Once Rhinestone is out I'll be able to zap you just like I did the late Medium Rare; now known as Well Done. You're going to cooperate now, bucket!" With that, he pulled out the M.E.D.S. to conduct a quick test on the nature of this bizarre anomaly.
Within the cage is a strong negatively-charged magnetic field. Dr. Spengler, on seeing Bell Mare and Rhinestone become one, instinctively reaches for his proton pack... only to remember he unstrapped it.
Meta:
15 minutes, yes, six.
avatar
Brony 7 of 9
Epic Pwny

Gender : Male
Posts : 1775
Join date : 2012-08-09
Age : 24
Location : Yee-Haw County

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Who You Gonna Call?

Post  Crystalite on Sun Mar 23, 2014 12:40 pm

"Fascinating," the engineer whispered as he examined the M.E.D.S. "This could mean any number of things. It might mean that Bell Mare is overpowering Rhinestone; but Rhinestone seems to be at least partially in control. It might mean that this peculiar fusion changes the nature of Rhinestone's body to produce this negative field, effectively qualifying her as a ghost. And then it might mean something else all together. The nature of the fusion will need a more controlled environment and preparation to determine it's workings. For now, let's try our magnet again," He said, pouring a small amount of magnet dust into the hole, holding it telekineticly against the occasion that it might pull it in; or push it out...

Arcana:
Ready to resist a natural force called Magnetism.

Result: 1d20 [13] + Arcana [10] = 23
avatar
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

Posts : 2898
Join date : 2013-10-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Who You Gonna Call?

Post  AProcrastinatingWriter on Sun Mar 23, 2014 4:59 pm

White Whisper considered the pair before him, brain slowly shifting back to...perhaps not 'normal' but usual, as opposed to his current state of non-thinking. He wasn't quite all the way back yet, but the adrenaline crash was starting to go away...

...and these two weren't. They apparently wanted to help him. And they were hungry. As the empty fridge probably indicated, he knew how that felt. It might be true that he didn't technically need food any more, but it definitely helped.

Whisper sighed. "Alright, mostly I'll be takin' souvenirs, couple packs of smokes, and maybe a change of jacket, but there's also a first aid kit around here somewhere, so take a look 'round and see if either of you can find that. Don't break anything; believe it or not, there's a deposit on this dump. Manage that and I'll buy you both dinner 'fore we get on the train, alright? Can't stand owin' debts, you understand. I don't like..."

He paused. "I don't like payin' off unspecified favors."
avatar
AProcrastinatingWriter
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Gender : Male
Posts : 3259
Join date : 2012-08-13
Age : 25
Location : Nowhere Land

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Who You Gonna Call?

Post  Copper Rose on Sun Mar 23, 2014 5:10 pm

Sweet Puff grins innocently, then finally noms the candy she'd pulled out earlier, forgetting her slip up in the sweet bliss of sugary goodness.
avatar
Copper Rose
Epic Pwny

Gender : Female
Posts : 1931
Join date : 2013-08-18
Age : 19
Location : Port Angeles, WA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Who You Gonna Call?

Post  A1C Bronymous on Sun Mar 23, 2014 7:44 pm

Hallows snaps her jaws and growls at her brother, shooting him a nasty look. "We don't need your cha- uh, a return favor. We can buy our own dinner. We are professional hunters after all." They both then begin looking through the mess for the first aid kit.

Behind his back, Hallows glances at Whisper a few times, and it's Gallows' turn to let out a quiet growl when he notices.

Perception for the first aid kit: 10+10=20
avatar
A1C Bronymous
Air Commander, Equestrian Armies Pegasus Corps, Eastern Skies Command
Air Commander, Equestrian Armies Pegasus Corps, Eastern Skies Command

Gender : Male
Posts : 5636
Join date : 2012-07-18
Age : 26
Location : Presidio of Monterey, CA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Who You Gonna Call?

Post  Brony 7 of 9 on Sun Mar 23, 2014 10:47 pm

Crystalite wrote:"The nature of the fusion will need a more controlled environment and preparation to determine it's workings. For now, let's try our magnet again," He said, pouring a small amount of magnet dust into the hole, holding it telekineticly against the occasion that it might pull it in; or push it out...
Depending on the charge of the magnetic dust, it either moves toward (positive) or away from (negative) Bellstone. Maverick finds himself unable to hold the dust back, given the close proximity of it to Bellstone's body, but is able to hold himself still, at least. The dust itself is irritating to the touch (should any of it make contact with Bellstone), and Celestia knows what it would do if she were to breathe some in. Dr. Spengler looks on, looking very interested in the results, whatever they turn out to be.

Bronymous wrote:Hallows snaps her jaws and growls at her brother, shooting him a nasty look. "We don't need your cha- uh, a return favor. We can buy our own dinner. We are professional hunters after all." They both then begin looking through the mess for the first aid kit.
There are only so many places in a filthy apartment room one can hide a first aid kit. White Whisper's is under his bathroom sink, which looks like it hasn't spewed pure water in years. Which also explains the foul stench and lingering grime that covers the bathroom.
avatar
Brony 7 of 9
Epic Pwny

Gender : Male
Posts : 1775
Join date : 2012-08-09
Age : 24
Location : Yee-Haw County

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Who You Gonna Call?

Post  Elacular on Sun Mar 23, 2014 10:58 pm

Bellstone huffed at the magnetic dust and snarled. "Th-there's gonna...I'm...back!" At the end of this fractured non-sentence, Bellstone tried to throw herself against one of the magnetic plates to escape.

Meta:
Athletics to break out of containment. I'm not sure whether I should use Rhinestones or the average of both of theirs, so I'm gonna write down both possibilities.

Rhinestone: Athl=13+roll=18=31
Bellstone: Athl=8+18=26

OH, NOW I ROLL WELL! I hate you too, dice room.
avatar
Elacular
Best Pony
Best Pony

Gender : Male
Posts : 1157
Join date : 2014-01-14
Age : 22

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Who You Gonna Call?

Post  Crystalite on Sun Mar 23, 2014 11:09 pm

"Horseapples!" Maverick cried in surprise in the astounding amount of energy as the dust zipped in towards Bellstone, gathering on a spot on her back. Suddenly, she was slamming herself against the side. "Rhinestone! Let her go and get out of there! Sweet Puff, I may need another lightning bolt here!"

((Important detail: Watching the dust to see where it goes when Rhine comes out.))
avatar
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

Posts : 2898
Join date : 2013-10-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Who You Gonna Call?

Post  A1C Bronymous on Sun Mar 23, 2014 11:24 pm

Gallows delicately reaches in past the filth to retrieve the aid kit. "Found it." He comes back to find Hallows hovering near Whisper, her undivided attention on the things he's collecting to take along.
avatar
A1C Bronymous
Air Commander, Equestrian Armies Pegasus Corps, Eastern Skies Command
Air Commander, Equestrian Armies Pegasus Corps, Eastern Skies Command

Gender : Male
Posts : 5636
Join date : 2012-07-18
Age : 26
Location : Presidio of Monterey, CA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Who You Gonna Call?

Post  Copper Rose on Mon Mar 24, 2014 1:49 am

Sweet Puff pulls her socks out of her bag and starts recharging the cloud she'd used earlier, bringing it over to where Bellstone is.
avatar
Copper Rose
Epic Pwny

Gender : Female
Posts : 1931
Join date : 2013-08-18
Age : 19
Location : Port Angeles, WA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Who You Gonna Call?

Post  Elacular on Mon Mar 24, 2014 2:41 pm

"G-guh! Yeah! I'll...BUCK!" Rhinestone trembled for a long moment before her pupils shrunk back to their normal size and blood stopped dripping out of her eyes. She fell to the magnetic plate beneath her and crawled weakly away from the dust.
avatar
Elacular
Best Pony
Best Pony

Gender : Male
Posts : 1157
Join date : 2014-01-14
Age : 22

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Who You Gonna Call?

Post  Brony 7 of 9 on Mon Mar 24, 2014 4:35 pm

Elacular wrote:Bellstone huffed at the magnetic dust and snarled. "Th-there's gonna...I'm...back!" At the end of this fractured non-sentence, Bellstone tried to throw herself against one of the magnetic plates to escape.
While Bellstone gives a good effort she's not exactly able to apply 2000 pounds of force to the discs, and they wobble a bit but stay in place.

Crystalite wrote:"Horseapples!" Maverick cried in surprise in the astounding amount of energy as the dust zipped in towards Bellstone, gathering on a spot on her back. Suddenly, she was slamming herself against the side. "Rhinestone! Let her go and get out of there! Sweet Puff, I may need another lightning bolt here!"
Copper Rose wrote:Sweet Puff pulls her socks out of her bag and starts recharging the cloud she'd used earlier, bringing it over to where Bellstone is.
Elacular wrote:"G-guh! Yeah! I'll...BUCK!" Rhinestone trembled for a long moment before her pupils shrunk back to their normal size and blood stopped dripping out of her eyes. She fell to the magnetic plate beneath her and crawled weakly away from the dust.
"You're bucking DEAD, you hear me?" shouted Bell Mare in Rhinestone's head. She seems to be right behind Rhinestone now.

The open corner Maverick left starts leaking magnetic dust as Sweet Puff gathers her lightning bolts...
avatar
Brony 7 of 9
Epic Pwny

Gender : Male
Posts : 1775
Join date : 2012-08-09
Age : 24
Location : Yee-Haw County

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Who You Gonna Call?

Post  Elacular on Mon Mar 24, 2014 4:43 pm

Rhinestone choked a bit on some magnetic dust before crawling out of the open corner, gasping for air and wiping the blood off her cheeks. "I'm pretty...pretty sure she's still in there. Ow...Also she's seriously pissed."
avatar
Elacular
Best Pony
Best Pony

Gender : Male
Posts : 1157
Join date : 2014-01-14
Age : 22

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Who You Gonna Call?

Post  AProcrastinatingWriter on Mon Mar 24, 2014 7:14 pm

White Whisper placed another jacket into his trunk - smallish, this one. Slightly pink at the edges, oddly enough. It was laying atop the first jacket, two packs of cigarettes, a smallish bag of bits, a family photo (he looked much less grumpy and moderately scarless as a young colt), what looked to be a dreamcatcher, and a generous helping of reserved, cynical hope for tomorrow. "Ah, that's it, there," the colt with the small but well-packed trunk (innuendo inserted here) said. He then turned completely to Gallows, reaching out his hoof towards the jackal, which is perhaps the exact opposite thing an outsider to the situation would expect a pony to do. Cigarette smoke was slowly filling the room, always had been, but it wasn't really noticeable until now. "Thank you so very much. Saves me a speck of trouble. Maybe even two. Oh ho, and speakin' of 'two', task number two is a special one and it is as follows..."

First aid kit now in hoof, White Whisper pivoted towards Hallows with a look on his face suggesting a strict schoolmarm that, nevertheless, did not quite have her heart in it, let alone her riding crop. Possibly even forgot her strict-scoolmarm glasses this morning. "Mind lettin' me know what's so interesting about my suitcase? Because, quite frankly, I'm bored out of my skull at the moment, and would appreciate being let in on the entertainment value."

White Whisper had an odd way of saying "respect my privacy in the future or I'll knock your block off", but he liked to think it worked pretty well for what it was.
avatar
AProcrastinatingWriter
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Gender : Male
Posts : 3259
Join date : 2012-08-13
Age : 25
Location : Nowhere Land

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Who You Gonna Call?

Post  Crystalite on Mon Mar 24, 2014 7:22 pm

"Oh dear," He said, upon seeing the dust leaking out. "Rhinestone, I don't trust my M.E.D.S. right now. Can you poke your head in and confirm her continued presence?"

Arcana:
In case Bell Mare needs further restraint.

Result: 1d20 [16] + Arcana [10] = 26

Booyah. Bell Mare would need a Natural 20 to match that.
avatar
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

Posts : 2898
Join date : 2013-10-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Who You Gonna Call?

Post  A1C Bronymous on Mon Mar 24, 2014 9:10 pm

Hallows shrinks back a bit, eliciting another low growl from Gallows. He is silenced when she speaks up. "I was... we don't have a lot of experience with packing." She straightens up and resumes her superior attitude. "We don't ever have to pack anything, and I was curious what ponies consider important enough to take on long, perilous journeys. I see lots of sentiment, but not a lot of preparation... you think that dreamcatcher will actually be necessary?" She hides her embarassment at the reprimand behind a snide grin.
avatar
A1C Bronymous
Air Commander, Equestrian Armies Pegasus Corps, Eastern Skies Command
Air Commander, Equestrian Armies Pegasus Corps, Eastern Skies Command

Gender : Male
Posts : 5636
Join date : 2012-07-18
Age : 26
Location : Presidio of Monterey, CA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Who You Gonna Call?

Post  AProcrastinatingWriter on Tue Mar 25, 2014 6:02 pm

Until this moment, White Whisper liked to think that his way of asking privacy worked pretty well for what it was. Ah, well. Either way, it wasn't too much trouble to - rather pointedly - ignore the dreamcatcher question. He'd instead focus on saying what he actually wanted to, and White Whisper was a bit of a sharer ,to be honest. Never had been one much for keeping secrets 'n all that. Just never one much for taking the initiative when talking, either; he'd tell anyone who asked what was up with him he was half-ghost, but that didn't mean he'd go yelling about the fact in the middle of town square. Until today, he supposed.

"You noticed my fridge is empty as a hole in the ground, right?" he asked rhethorically. "You understand, I don't have much that other ponies might call a 'need'. Plenty of wants, but outside those Shangri Llamas, maybe, who doesn't have somethin' they want out of life?" The half-ghost placed the first-aid kit on top of the jacket, almost gingerly, and closed up the suitcase. Locks began clicking as he continued, a small smile on his face. "Don't need to sleep...don't need to eat...immune to cold...not sure I even need to breathe." He took the cigarette out of his mouth and looked at it, or perhaps past it. The smoke wafting off of it was filling the room steadily, fogging up what few specks on the windows weren't encased in dirt. "Harder to hurt me than the average pony, too. 'Least, hurt me in a, uh...permanent sort of fashion. Don't ask how I found that out; not every story's pretty as I am."

Cigarette placed firmly, almost chastisingly, back in his mouth, White Whisper lifted his traveling companion casual-like, pretending the hefty creak hadn't happened when it left the bed - more a sign of the mattress's frailty than any significant weight on the luggage's part. "Sentiment's all I have, love. Sentiment's what I need." He began walking out the door at this, the door apparently opening for him as he did so. "Thanks again for the help. Dinner's still open, if you like. Can't afford a lot, but hey, it's about proportionate to what was necessary, right? Make sure to shut the door behind you!"

It was all a tad overdramatic, really.
avatar
AProcrastinatingWriter
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Gender : Male
Posts : 3259
Join date : 2012-08-13
Age : 25
Location : Nowhere Land

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Who You Gonna Call?

Post  A1C Bronymous on Tue Mar 25, 2014 7:29 pm

"... no food, no sleep, hard to hurt? That sounds like you mean you're... Gallows! Stone!" Hallows gets even closer again, staying at whisper with one wide eye. Gallows pulls a small pouch from under one foreleg, and retrieves a small rock from inside. Hallows turns and watches as he holds the rock up at Whisper in a clenched paw. His paw stars to vibrate, and he relaxes it, allowing the rock to fly free.

It falls to the ground about 6 inches away, motionless. The twins stare at it for a second then relax. "Nothing." "Nope, no ghost then. Just telling stories. If you don't want to tell us the truth, the phrase "buck off" works perfectly fine. We aren't strangers to being strangers. " "Unless she's in a mood and tries to take it too literal. Then she won't be a stranger for long." Gallows comments from the side, and Hallows gives an embarrassed grin, before tackling her brother into another skirmish.
avatar
A1C Bronymous
Air Commander, Equestrian Armies Pegasus Corps, Eastern Skies Command
Air Commander, Equestrian Armies Pegasus Corps, Eastern Skies Command

Gender : Male
Posts : 5636
Join date : 2012-07-18
Age : 26
Location : Presidio of Monterey, CA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Who You Gonna Call?

Post  Brony 7 of 9 on Tue Mar 25, 2014 7:38 pm

Crystalite wrote:"Oh dear," He said, upon seeing the dust leaking out. "Rhinestone, I don't trust my M.E.D.S. right now. Can you poke your head in and confirm her continued presence?"

Arcana:
In case Bell Mare needs further restraint.

Result: 1d20 [16] + Arcana [10] = 26

Booyah. Bell Mare would need a Natural 20 to match that.
Meta:
About that...
The magnetic dust apparently representing Bell Mare's position, as well as her dot on the M.E.D.S., move quickly for the discarded proton pack, flipping a switch and sending a beam of energy flying at Maverick.

"Let's experiment and see what it's like when this dumbflank volunteer gets a proton stream to the heart!"
avatar
Brony 7 of 9
Epic Pwny

Gender : Male
Posts : 1775
Join date : 2012-08-09
Age : 24
Location : Yee-Haw County

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Who You Gonna Call?

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 24 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 15 ... 24  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum