Pony Tales: Aspirations of Harmony
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Who You Gonna Call?

+2
Copper Rose
Brony 7 of 9
6 posters

Page 15 of 24 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 19 ... 24  Next

Go down

Who You Gonna Call? - Page 15 Empty Re: Who You Gonna Call?

Post  Elacular Sun Apr 27, 2014 3:08 am

Rhinestone nodded gently and handed Gallows a napkin. "Hey Gallows, hold that against the gash and put a little pressure on it. It's gonna hurt and I'm sorry about that, but I swear it's for the best."

At the sound of the spilled water, the pony rolled her eyes. Dude, don't you have better things to do than annoy the waiters? If you were screwing with the noisy pegasus though, I approve.

With that, she moved around the table to check Hallows over and make sure she was alright.

Meta:
Elacular
Elacular
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Sun Apr 27, 2014 4:18 am

Gallows takes the napkin and does as he's told. "Ok, but I think you should go talk to them. They said something about a factory and 'spooks'. Isn't that why we're here?" Hallows continues to watch the other ponies, nodding. When Rhinestone comes to look her over, though, she shies away from her, looking slightly embarassed. "I'm fine, I didn't get hit..."

Forgot her natural reaction to being examined. Gallows should have had a similar one, but nevermind now.
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous
Air Commander, Equestrian Armies Pegasus Corps, Eastern Skies Command

Back to top Go down

Post  Brony 7 of 9 Sun Apr 27, 2014 12:06 pm

Crystalite wrote:"That much I had already gathered. But is somebody actively watching right now, or is it just rolling tape? I'm trying to figure out if somebody is freaking out at what they saw and is therefore doing something, or if we have a while before someone checks in on us."
"I-I don't know!" said the unicorn, shrinking away. "I've never been to the security room! I don't know how they operate!"

Elacular wrote:At the sound of the spilled water, the pony rolled her eyes. Dude, don't you have better things to do than annoy the waiters? If you were screwing with the noisy pegasus though, I approve.

With that, she moved around the table to check Hallows over and make sure she was alright.
Hallows looks a lot better than Gallows - mostly bruising, which should heal naturally.

"I was aiming for you." came Bell Mare's slightly disappointed voice.
Bronymous wrote:Gallows takes the napkin and does as he's told. "Ok, but I think you should go talk to them. They said something about a factory and 'spooks'. Isn't that why we're here?" Hallows continues to watch the other ponies, nodding. When Rhinestone comes to look her over, though, she shies away from her, looking slightly embarassed. "I'm fine, I didn't get hit..."
The waiter scurries off, leaving the older pegasus to grumble into her hay and the younger pegasus to enjoy his soup.
Brony 7 of 9
Brony 7 of 9
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  AProcrastinatingWriter Mon Apr 28, 2014 9:06 pm

Meanwhile, White Whisper seems to have disappeared out into the streets at large.

It has happened so subtly that the narration has not noticed until this point. Very careless of us; we are quite sorry. Likely at least one character in this sordid tale has watched his exit, and may still continue to see him trudging aimlessly down the street. Shellshocked, perhaps, is the word they would use to describe the look on his face. "A walking Yield sign" is another way.
AProcrastinatingWriter
AProcrastinatingWriter
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Mon Apr 28, 2014 9:54 pm

Hallows watches, and then looks back at Rhinestone and her brother. She moves ever closer next to him resting her head on his shoulder. He continues to press the napkin to his face.
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Copper Rose Mon Apr 28, 2014 11:14 pm

Sweet Puff is asleep, but nopony noticed until now because she's only now actually falling to the floor with a soft thumph, hugging her bag and using it as a pillow.
Copper Rose
Copper Rose
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Crystalite Tue Apr 29, 2014 11:16 am

Brony 7 of 9 wrote:
Crystalite wrote:"That much I had already gathered. But is somebody actively watching right now, or is it just rolling tape? I'm trying to figure out if somebody is freaking out at what they saw and is therefore doing something, or if we have a while before someone checks in on us."
"I-I don't know!" said the unicorn, shrinking away. "I've never been to the security room! I don't know how they operate!"

Maverick facehoofed. Whatever happened to ghostbusting? "Calm down. It's okay... If we were going to do anything to you, it would have happened already. Can you at least help us get a room now? Preferably without trying to swindle or kill us?"
Crystalite
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

Back to top Go down

Post  Brony 7 of 9 Tue Apr 29, 2014 11:57 am

AProcrastinatingWriter wrote:Meanwhile, White Whisper seems to have disappeared out into the streets at large.

It has happened so subtly that the narration has not noticed until this point. Very careless of us; we are quite sorry. Likely at least one character in this sordid tale has watched his exit, and may still continue to see him trudging aimlessly down the street. Shellshocked, perhaps, is the word they would use to describe the look on his face. "A walking Yield sign" is another way.
Nopony in the streets unless necessary for character development seems to go out of their way to get into Whisper's business. It's Las Pegasus, cavalcade of sex and violence, after all. Likely he's just lost to the house.
Copper Rose wrote:Sweet Puff is asleep, but nopony noticed until now because she's only now actually falling to the floor with a soft thumph, hugging her bag and using it as a pillow.
Crystalite wrote:Maverick facehoofed. Whatever happened to ghostbusting? "Calm down. It's okay... If we were going to do anything to you, it would have happened already. Can you at least help us get a room now? Preferably without trying to swindle or kill us?"
bite me you're getting to that
"A-a room? Okay! Okay!"

The unicorn rushes behind the front desk... or rather, squeezes her way behind the front desk and the various obstacles in her way. After a minute or so of digging through some drawers she tosses five room keys to Maverick.

"Here! J-just take them!" she said, ducking behind the desk.
Brony 7 of 9
Brony 7 of 9
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Elacular Tue Apr 29, 2014 6:10 pm

Rhinestone pulled away from Hallows. "Sorry." At Gallows' statement, she nodded. "Uh, yeah, I-I'll go do that."

She awkwardly walked over to the two pegasi before standing up straight and smiling as widely as she could. "Hello, esteemed guests! I couldn't help but overhear you mentioning the likes of spooks. Well, it just so happens that the ghastly and ghoulish, the fiendish and feculent, the terriflying and troublesome are our business. We are the, uh, Ghostbuckers! Yes, and we are ready to believe you! Now, what seems to be the problem?"

Meta:
Elacular
Elacular
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Brony 7 of 9 Tue Apr 29, 2014 7:26 pm

Elacular wrote:She awkwardly walked over to the two pegasi before standing up straight and smiling as widely as she could. "Hello, esteemed guests! I couldn't help but overhear you mentioning the likes of spooks. Well, it just so happens that the ghastly and ghoulish, the fiendish and feculent, the terriflying and troublesome are our business. We are the, uh, Ghostbuckers! Yes, and we are ready to believe you! Now, what seems to be the problem?"

Meta:
Meta:
The two pegasi stare at Rhinestone, the younger one looking amused while the older one looking a bit irritated. Bell Mare slowly and sarcastically claps.

"Brilliant pitch there. You should be in advertising."

"Well, if you were REALLY listening in," said the older Pegasus. "Rather RUDELY, I might add, you would know that the Clockwork Court factory a few miles outside of town is infested with ghosts! They're making it impossible to do anything in there, and I want them out!" She takes another look over Rhinestone. "... You're no Dr. Spengler, but if you're a Ghostbucker like you said, I suppose you'll do... So are you up for it?"
Meta:
Brony 7 of 9
Brony 7 of 9
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Elacular Tue Apr 29, 2014 7:35 pm

Stuff it, Bell Mare.

Rhinestone worked very hard to keep her focus on the two pegasi. "An astute observation, Madame. I am not Dr. Spengler. I am, however, one of his hired associates and an expert at dealing with the postmortem paranormal. I am only one of a team of crack Ghostbuckers, including the ingenious Artisan Maverick, the mysterious White Whisper, the expert ghosthunting duo Hallows and Gallows and our most effective weathercrafter, Sweet Puff. Needless to say, we are more than up for the task. However, so that we might perform out duty with the greatest of efficiency, I would appreciate it if you could give me some more details concerning the situation."

Rhinestone had gotten her shilling abilities from her father, and it showed that he was a businessman and not an advertiser. Even though she was immensely uncomfortable, she continued to grin unnaturally widely.
Elacular
Elacular
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Brony 7 of 9 Wed Apr 30, 2014 11:10 am

The Pegasus just stares at Rhinestone.

"Are you deaf?" asked the Pegasus. "There are ghosts in the factory! While they're there, I can't get in there! Get them out! That IS your job, isn't it?"

"Every second counts!" offered up her companion.

The waiter comes back, carrying new glasses of water, and sets them down at Rhinestone and the twins' table.
Brony 7 of 9
Brony 7 of 9
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Thu May 01, 2014 5:00 pm

"Thank you..." Hallows says meekly. "Uh, can we order, now?"
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Brony 7 of 9 Thu May 01, 2014 5:18 pm

"Of course, of course!" said the waiter, taking out a notepad. "What would you like?"
Brony 7 of 9
Brony 7 of 9
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Thu May 01, 2014 10:06 pm

The twins look down at the menus, and their eyes go wide. They scan the page, looking for what looks the most satisfying, and then Gallows points. "I want this!"
Ribs, Steak & Shrimp Trio*
A hearty platter featuring Caribbean Coconut Shrimp,
slow-roasted, St. Louis style pork spareribs basted with our
Smokin’ Mojo BBQ sauce and char-grilled flat iron steak
topped with steak butter. Served with Safari fries and
coleslaw.
"Aaaaand this."
BBQ Bacon Cheeseburger*
Our 100% beef burger topped with our Smokin’ Mojo BBQ
sauce, Cheddar cheese, bacon and a fried onion ring. Served
on a toasted bun with lettuce, tomato and pickles.
"Cooked ra-... Medium Rare, please."

Hallows, meanwhile, scans about, unsure of what to get. "Uh... I'll get the same. But I want the Chicken Fried Chicken, too."

Goddammit that made me hungry. Dinner time.
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Elacular Thu May 01, 2014 10:59 pm

Rhinestone fake-smiled hugely at the pegasi. "Completely understood, friends. We'll get on that once we're done eating and have rendevous with the rest of the team! And remember: we're ready to believe you!"

With that, she moved away from the clockheads and rolled her eyes as soon as she knew she couldn't see them. She then sat by the twins and smiled more earnestly at the waiter. "Much obliged, Mr. Smiles. I'll take..." at seeing what the twins had ordered and the price tag, her face blanched briefly. "Uh...this lentil broth a'la cabbage leaf sounds absolutely delightful! I'd like a small order of that please."
Elacular
Elacular
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Brony 7 of 9 Fri May 02, 2014 10:16 am

"Right away!" said the waiter, taking notes and running off to the kitchen.

The older Pegasus grumbles and goes back to her hay, while the younger one just stares.

"In the twenty-nine years, two hundred and twenty-seven days, thirteen hours, forty-seven minutes, and fifty-si- fifty-seven seconds I have been alive, I, Chronos, MASTER OF ALL TIME, have never seen talking dogs before!" he declared.
Brony 7 of 9
Brony 7 of 9
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Sat May 03, 2014 2:37 am

Gallows hear the dog comment, and looks about to yell something back, but Hallows jumps in first. "And you still haven't. We aren't dogs, mule." She says it casually, as if she's just making conversation. Gallows goes back to his water.

#racewar
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Copper Rose Tue May 06, 2014 1:41 am

Sweet Puff finally somehow wakes up, but only enough to grab the keys from the desk and make her way to her room, so she can sleep some more in a real bed (or rather a cloud where it won't get in the way of other ponies).
Copper Rose
Copper Rose
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Brony 7 of 9 Tue May 06, 2014 12:39 pm

The rooms are clearly labeled on the keys, so Sweet Puff and Maverick have no trouble getting up to their rooms. Not even from security. Which is kind of odd.

---

The Pegasus chuckles.

"Well, don't wind me up," said Chronos, MASTER OF ALL TIME. "But if you aren't dogs, what are you?"
Brony 7 of 9
Brony 7 of 9
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Tue May 06, 2014 3:47 pm

"Well aren't you cute." Hallows slides off the seat and walks over to their table, significantly less timid than she was a few moments ago. "WE are... similar to dogs. We can be nice, cute, playful... in a few ways..." she slides up next to him, letting her tail play against his side. "Or, we can tear you open in a moment's notice." She bares her fangs and lets out a sultry (if you can call it that) growl. "WE are Anubian, Jackals. Tell me, clock stallion, because I'm hungry. Would you like to pay for our dinner, and see how nice we can be? Or would you like to keep calling us dogs, and BE dinner?" Gallows lets out a cough, and then a sigh.

I have no idea how this ended up going this way, but it did.
Persuasion for them to buy our dinner, I guess: 18+7=25
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Brony 7 of 9 Tue May 06, 2014 4:02 pm

"Sure," said Chronos, MASTER OF ALL TIME. "I'll pay for your food - and ONLY your food - if you give me the time to tell me more about yourselves."

The elder pony rolls her eyes and keeps eating her hay.
Brony 7 of 9
Brony 7 of 9
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Elacular Tue May 06, 2014 5:47 pm

Rhinestone facehoofed and sighed, looking at Gallows. "Does she always..."

She left the question unfinished, since she figured she already knew the answer. She did give Hallows a small smile though, happier than she probably should have been to have the burden of bits off her back.

Meta:
Elacular
Elacular
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Tue May 06, 2014 6:00 pm

"Hmmm ok." Hallows says cutely. Without warning, she jumps up into Chronos' lap. "What do you want to know?"

Gallows just gives a weak "...uh, yeah...she does..." and then looks away from Rhinestone, blushing.

Normally I'd just start spewing out random made up backstory because you gave me an opening. But I feel like this way it will be less obtrusive, and there will be ample opportunity to interrupt the conversation when necessary.

+1 to Rhienstone's roll for grandeur. No IC reason for assist roll though, so that's all you get.
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Copper Rose Tue May 06, 2014 7:54 pm

Sweet Puff goes into her room and is asleep before her head hits the pillow. In fact, she fell asleep before she even shut her door, so she's just laying in the doorway being cute.
Copper Rose
Copper Rose
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 15 of 24 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 19 ... 24  Next