Who You Gonna Call?

Page 24 of 24 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Who You Gonna Call?

Post  AProcrastinatingWriter on Sat Jul 26, 2014 9:47 pm

White Whisper raised his eye at the key. Not his eyebrow, his eye. Have to make sure this kind of stuff is genuine, and that often requires a certain tilt of the head.

In the meantime, let snark not be abated. "Huh. Didn't know this factory was modeled offa Rumpelstiltskin. Watch your firstborn, folks."
avatar
AProcrastinatingWriter
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Gender : Male
Posts : 3259
Join date : 2012-08-13
Age : 25
Location : Nowhere Land

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Who You Gonna Call?

Post  A1C Bronymous on Sat Jul 26, 2014 9:52 pm

The twins both look at him. "What's a rumpled kilt skin?"
avatar
A1C Bronymous
Air Commander, Equestrian Armies Pegasus Corps, Eastern Skies Command
Air Commander, Equestrian Armies Pegasus Corps, Eastern Skies Command

Gender : Male
Posts : 5661
Join date : 2012-07-18
Age : 26
Location : Columbus, MS

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Who You Gonna Call?

Post  AProcrastinatingWriter on Sat Jul 26, 2014 11:27 pm

"Exactly what it sounds like. You peel the plaid from a kilt and then wumple it up a little bit - softens into a sort of taffy and resolidifies if left in a shape a certain amount of time. Foals often get hold of 'em, and then real youngers get in accidents. Tragic."

Spoiler:
This is such incredible bullhookey that I'm actually going to roll a Persuasion check.
Persuasion:  6(eh) + 13 = 19.
avatar
AProcrastinatingWriter
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Gender : Male
Posts : 3259
Join date : 2012-08-13
Age : 25
Location : Nowhere Land

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Who You Gonna Call?

Post  Elacular on Sun Jul 27, 2014 1:26 am

Rhinestone smirked at Whisper. "A true Scotscolt goes commando, so his rumpled kilt skin can feel the breeze. Still prolly shouldn't look at it though."
avatar
Elacular
Best Pony
Best Pony

Gender : Male
Posts : 1157
Join date : 2014-01-14
Age : 22

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Who You Gonna Call?

Post  A1C Bronymous on Sun Jul 27, 2014 5:35 pm

Both twins listen to both explanations with looks of complete and utter confusion. They look at each other, and then Hallows walks over to the key. "So about this dead doctor or whatever we were doing." She grabs the key and slots it into the door, trying to open it.
avatar
A1C Bronymous
Air Commander, Equestrian Armies Pegasus Corps, Eastern Skies Command
Air Commander, Equestrian Armies Pegasus Corps, Eastern Skies Command

Gender : Male
Posts : 5661
Join date : 2012-07-18
Age : 26
Location : Columbus, MS

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Who You Gonna Call?

Post  Brony 7 of 9 on Sun Jul 27, 2014 5:49 pm

AProcrastinatingWriter wrote:"Exactly what it sounds like. You peel the plaid from a kilt and then wumple it up a little bit - softens into a sort of taffy and resolidifies if left in a shape a certain amount of time. Foals often get hold of 'em, and then real youngers get in accidents. Tragic."
Such a claim is so silly that only somepony (or somejackal) who has never actually seen a kilt might believe it.

A1C Bronymous wrote:Both twins listen to both explanations with looks of complete and utter confusion. They look at each other, and then Hallows walks over to the key. "So about this dead doctor or whatever we were doing." She grabs the key and slots it into the door, trying to open it.
The door opens easily, and Tsar Bomba happily goes through. The door opens into a small room covered in sand, featuring a table and a shelf with various tools. To the table's right is what looks to be a drill press with several other metal devices attached to it. In the far corner is a pile of old tires in front of a cabinet with large metal parts. Two chains dangle from the ceiling, and aside from the recently opened door, there is another door at the far end of the room. The most notable part of the room, however, is a large mechanical sphere in the center, which Tsar Bomba is examining with great care. Maverick's M.E.D.S. detects three additional ghosts in this room.
avatar
Brony 7 of 9
Epic Pwny

Gender : Male
Posts : 1775
Join date : 2012-08-09
Age : 24
Location : Yee-Haw County

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Who You Gonna Call?

Post  A1C Bronymous on Tue Jul 29, 2014 9:07 pm

The twins snake their way into the room, and upon seeing no one else, they make their way past everything, taking only a moment to glance at the chains warily, before moving to the door. "I don't see him here." "Told you he was probably dead." Hallows sniffs around the door for a moment, and then Gallows tries to open it.

Cursory glance at the chains, are they connected to anything besides the ceiling?
avatar
A1C Bronymous
Air Commander, Equestrian Armies Pegasus Corps, Eastern Skies Command
Air Commander, Equestrian Armies Pegasus Corps, Eastern Skies Command

Gender : Male
Posts : 5661
Join date : 2012-07-18
Age : 26
Location : Columbus, MS

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Who You Gonna Call?

Post  Crystalite on Wed Jul 30, 2014 1:48 am

Maverick immediately tensed at the beeping on his M.E.D.S. He turned to Rhinestone and whispered. "Could Bell Mare tell us a little more about our ghostly friends in here?"

With that, he turned to the next object of interest; the metal sphere dominating the room...

Analysis:
Making both Arcana and Mechanics checks to answer the question; what does it do, how, and why?

Mechanics Check: 1d20 [9] + Mechanics [13] + FK Magitech? [5] + Granduer [1] = 22/27

Arcana Check: 1d20 [2] + Arcana [10] + FK Magitech? [5] + Granduer [1] = 13/18
avatar
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

Posts : 2898
Join date : 2013-10-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Who You Gonna Call?

Post  Brony 7 of 9 on Wed Jul 30, 2014 11:29 pm

A1C Bronymous wrote:The twins snake their way into the room, and upon seeing no one else, they make their way past everything, taking only a moment to glance at the chains warily, before moving to the door. "I don't see him here." "Told you he was probably dead." Hallows sniffs around the door for a moment, and then Gallows tries to open it.


Cursory glance at the chains, are they connected to anything besides the ceiling?
They're connected to trapdoors in the ceiling, but are otherwise dangling.


Tsar Bomba is so focused on the device in the center of the room, so he doesn't seem to notice the twins. The door to the next room opens easily into a two-story room, with the first floor and most of the walls covered in sand, obscuring what's inside except for a large clock on the north wall - a clock with no hands on it. Some of this sand pours into the room the Ghostbuckers are currently in, but not enough to be a major nuisance... yet.
Crystalite wrote:Maverick immediately tensed at the beeping on his M.E.D.S. He turned to Rhinestone and whispered. "Could Bell Mare tell us a little more about our ghostly friends in here?"

With that, he turned to the next object of interest; the metal sphere dominating the room...
The object is a bomb, the biggest one Maverick has ever seen. There's some sort of magical residue about it he can't identify, but he is certain that it is made to explode. Interestingly enough, though, there are several small hatches on the device, of which only one should be necessary - the one that contains the wires. He is not, however, a bomb expert, and does not know WHY there are other hatches.
avatar
Brony 7 of 9
Epic Pwny

Gender : Male
Posts : 1775
Join date : 2012-08-09
Age : 24
Location : Yee-Haw County

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Who You Gonna Call?

Post  A1C Bronymous on Thu Jul 31, 2014 12:09 am

"Sand...." The twins turn away from it in distaste, and then return to the chains in the ceiling. "Hey guys there's a big clock with no hands." "Probably for you, timey-wimey." Hallows adds, winking at Chronos, before both twins pick a chain. "3" "2" "1" "PULL!"

Athletics to pull chains:
Hallows: 3+11=14 (DERP)
Gallows: 14+11=25
avatar
A1C Bronymous
Air Commander, Equestrian Armies Pegasus Corps, Eastern Skies Command
Air Commander, Equestrian Armies Pegasus Corps, Eastern Skies Command

Gender : Male
Posts : 5661
Join date : 2012-07-18
Age : 26
Location : Columbus, MS

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Who You Gonna Call?

Post  Brony 7 of 9 on Thu Jul 31, 2014 11:37 pm

A1C Bronymous wrote:"Sand...." The twins turn away from it in distaste, and then return to the chains in the ceiling. "Hey guys there's a big clock with no hands." "Probably for you, timey-wimey." Hallows adds, winking at Chronos, before both twins pick a chain. "3" "2" "1" "PULL!"
The good news is that both of the twins manage to pull a chain. Gallows' chain is pulled just fine, opening the trapdoor and revealing the ghostly image of a sleeping cat, which soon wakes up, hisses, and vanishes. The bad news is that when Hallows pulls the chain, she falls straight onto the floor. Ghostly cackling is heard as something flies past, sending the sand that piled in the room flying everywhere. Tsar Bomba and Chronos cover their eyes and cough violently.

Everyone who's not Gallows and Hallows roll an Endurance check, or some other method of enduring lots of sand flying into your face and possibly lungs. Gallows and Hallows take 5 damage and a -10 penalty to perception until they can get to a room with no sand and rest for five minutes.
avatar
Brony 7 of 9
Epic Pwny

Gender : Male
Posts : 1775
Join date : 2012-08-09
Age : 24
Location : Yee-Haw County

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Who You Gonna Call?

Post  A1C Bronymous on Fri Aug 01, 2014 4:00 pm

The twins tumble into each other for the umpteenth time today, coughing and sputtering in the sand. They scramble to their paws, trying to get away from the door and back towards the group. They make contact with Chronos, and sit, trying to clear their vision. Doing so, Hallows comes to the realization that her left leg is in a LOT of pain, and she whines a bit, leaning on Chronos as she takes all her weight off of it.
avatar
A1C Bronymous
Air Commander, Equestrian Armies Pegasus Corps, Eastern Skies Command
Air Commander, Equestrian Armies Pegasus Corps, Eastern Skies Command

Gender : Male
Posts : 5661
Join date : 2012-07-18
Age : 26
Location : Columbus, MS

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Who You Gonna Call?

Post  AProcrastinatingWriter on Fri Aug 01, 2014 11:24 pm

Maybe standing near the front of the group hadn't been such a good idea.

White Whisper reflexively drew into himself. For most ponies, this would mean curling up into a ball and squeezing their eyes shut tight. For Whisper it meant, in very technical and broadly-defined terms, ceasing to exist.

He was still there, by all non-scientific observation, but the sand passed through him like they were searching for their Higgs Bosons. Somewhere in the mess, a green glow lit the area, and much of the sand suddenly turned verdant as well - and then simply stopped moving, crystallized in time and space.

White Whisper said nothing, but looked dourly at his cigarette. He never could get the hand of making flames intangible, and so: the sand had put it out. Swell.

Spoiler:
Used "Walk through Walls" to go intangible, allowing the sand to pass through me. Of course, because there is a prep time of ten seconds, I first used my Poltergeist to stop most if not all of the sand heading towards me (and, if I have not yet hit the 50 pound weight limit, some of the sand heading towards Chronos and my comrades). If this stops the sand permanently, cool. All further sand attacks are usless against me for the next 10 minutes. If not, walk through walls absorbs most of the blow.
avatar
AProcrastinatingWriter
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Gender : Male
Posts : 3259
Join date : 2012-08-13
Age : 25
Location : Nowhere Land

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Who You Gonna Call?

Post  Copper Rose on Fri Aug 01, 2014 11:32 pm

"Nonononononononononononononononotthecandynoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
Roll:
Roll(1d20)+9:
20,+9
Total:29  Natural 20! 
avatar
Copper Rose
Epic Pwny

Gender : Female
Posts : 1931
Join date : 2013-08-18
Age : 20
Location : Port Angeles, WA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Who You Gonna Call?

Post  Elacular on Wed Aug 06, 2014 1:48 pm

"I could see what-" Rhinestone began, but the sand flying everywhere interrupted her. Dirt in her eyes was no issue for Rhinestone. Good wet clay, loam or mulch was barely even an issue. But dry, sharp sand? That could hurt. She had dug beach graves before though, and knew what to do. She slammed her eyes shut and threw one hoof over her face, mind lighting up.

BELL MARE! What the hell is happening in here?

Meta:
Endurance to not be blinded

End=12+roll=17=29
avatar
Elacular
Best Pony
Best Pony

Gender : Male
Posts : 1157
Join date : 2014-01-14
Age : 22

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Who You Gonna Call?

Post  Brony 7 of 9 on Mon Aug 11, 2014 3:09 pm

AProcrastinatingWriter wrote:He was still there, by all non-scientific observation, but the sand passed through him like they were searching for their Higgs Bosons. Somewhere in the mess, a green glow lit the area, and much of the sand suddenly turned verdant as well - and then simply stopped moving, crystallized in time and space.

White Whisper said nothing, but looked dourly at his cigarette. He never could get the hand of making flames intangible, and so: the sand had put it out. Swell.
Whisper takes the brunt of the initial sand blast... or rather, stops some of it in front of him as the rest passes through him towards the rest of the group.
Copper Rose wrote:"Nonononononononononononononononotthecandynooooooooooooooooooooo"
Elacular wrote:"I could see what-" Rhinestone began, but the sand flying everywhere interrupted her. Dirt in her eyes was no issue for Rhinestone. Good wet clay, loam or mulch was barely even an issue. But dry, sharp sand? That could hurt. She had dug beach graves before though, and knew what to do. She slammed her eyes shut and threw one hoof over her face, mind lighting up.

BELL MARE! What the hell is happening in here?
Most of them take it pretty well, though - the sand seems to direct itself around Sweet Puff, not wanting to touch her, while Rhinestone can hold steady against the flow. Unfortunately Maverick's M.E.D.S. is not so lucky, getting filled with sand and glitching out.

Hmm... dust flying everywhere in a devilish manner... I bet this is the ghost of a forlorn opera singer crying out for her lost love!


I apologize super hard for the delay.
avatar
Brony 7 of 9
Epic Pwny

Gender : Male
Posts : 1775
Join date : 2012-08-09
Age : 24
Location : Yee-Haw County

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Who You Gonna Call?

Post  Brony 7 of 9 on Wed Aug 13, 2014 4:05 pm

A1C Bronymous wrote:The twins tumble into each other for the umpteenth time today, coughing and sputtering in the sand. They scramble to their paws, trying to get away from the door and back towards the group. They make contact with Chronos, and sit, trying to clear their vision. Doing so, Hallows comes to the realization that her left leg is in a LOT of pain, and she whines a bit, leaning on Chronos as she takes all her weight off of it.
Chronos tries to stay steady as Hallows leans on him.

"What's... what's going... he began.

It was then that he got a mouthful of sand and started coughing violently.

Derp Number 2: I forgot this happened.
avatar
Brony 7 of 9
Epic Pwny

Gender : Male
Posts : 1775
Join date : 2012-08-09
Age : 24
Location : Yee-Haw County

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Who You Gonna Call?

Post  A1C Bronymous on Wed Aug 13, 2014 4:51 pm

The twins keep coughing, and Gallows tries to go for the door. Hallows grabs Chronos' head letting him cover his face in her shoulder, while she does the same in his.
avatar
A1C Bronymous
Air Commander, Equestrian Armies Pegasus Corps, Eastern Skies Command
Air Commander, Equestrian Armies Pegasus Corps, Eastern Skies Command

Gender : Male
Posts : 5661
Join date : 2012-07-18
Age : 26
Location : Columbus, MS

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Who You Gonna Call?

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 24 of 24 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum