Fever Enigmatic

Page 5 of 30 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 17 ... 30  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Fever Enigmatic

Post  TheCavalry on Tue Apr 22, 2014 6:07 am

ZamuelNow wrote:
Glorious Morning set out a picnic blanket and began arranging the food.  Several of the workers happily found places to sit.  "Good point on not prying, we'll meet soon enough.  Well, dig in.  Food won't eat itself."

Fairy settled down and began chewing politely. It wasn't strictly necessary, but it would have been stranger not too. While the workers chatted amiably, she thought about the newcomer.

She couldn't help it. Whenever she met someone new, her instinct was to find out what they liked. It helped her get close to them, which helped them like her, which led to...
Well. More filling fare than the muffin she was chewing.

Except, it didn't seem like Misfortune was the sort who got close to any pony. Fairy probably should have called it a wash right there, but...
Well. She always had been a proud one. The idea of someone not liking her was an irritant. The question was how to get around the standoffish mare...

...She had asked Cake for directions, didn't she? She wanted to see Bitter Medicin.
Bitter Medicin. Marvelous Misfortune. Hmm...

Spoiler:
Not completely sure if this is appropriate, but I was going to roll to see what Fairy knows about Bitter. I imagine there's stuff she probably knows just from living in the same town, and then there might be little things she's picked up during her time, which... I'm guessing would be a perception check.

Perception [8] + d20[6]= 14

Last edited by TheCavalry on Tue Apr 22, 2014 6:09 am; edited 1 time in total
TheCavalry
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  GafferBot on Tue Apr 22, 2014 6:07 am

The member 'TheCavalry' has done the following action : Dices roll

'd20' : 6
GafferBot
The game is out to get you, not me

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest on Tue Apr 22, 2014 7:53 pm

Knowing what butterflies could be like, and what the filly was like, Storm stepped quietly and carefully as he could when he approached the filly. He wasn't exactly intending to sneak up on her and startle her, but simply walk softly up to her and sit down next to her quietly. Peaceful quietness, as well as animals was a good mix in his mind.

Stealth:
4+7 = 11
Fury of the Tempest
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  AProcrastinatingWriter on Tue Apr 22, 2014 8:16 pm

Birthday stood up, shaking her now-woozy head. "Gracious," she mumbled to herself as she looked around. Where did that pony she was talking to get to...

...gone. Swell.

Irritated with herself, Birthday looked around for what to do next - oh heavens, not that Treasure Plan; she had had enough of that mare for one day. Better to see who that other pony was off in the distance, or...maybe she could see what her niece was up to.

Birthday Cake smiled. Yes, that sounded absolutely lovely. Too long since they'd talked, really. Was she still working the restaruant at this time, or...oh, dear, that bump on the head must have done more than she thought. Birthday couldn't remember.

Shrugging, the baker headed to the other restaurant to check things out. If nothing else, she was feeling a mite peckish...oh, but then, there wasn't enough time to both eat and see her niece before her shop opened again...

Last edited by AProcrastinatingWriter on Thu Apr 24, 2014 11:01 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : That color was correct before I swear)
AProcrastinatingWriter

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Crystalite on Wed Apr 23, 2014 5:22 pm

Marvel looked around the apartment. It was a little more quaint ((Spelling?)) than the cottage; Bad Luck was hopelessly practical. She also resolved to see about purchasing a rug. She glanced up at the small clock over the place where her oven would go. Her eyes widened: she was late!

"I think you can handle things from here, yes? I just realised the time, I have to go like right now bye!" With that, she dashed out the door and down the street, following Ms. Cake's directions to the clinic....
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ZamuelNow on Thu Apr 24, 2014 12:49 am

After departing from Lustrous Ivy's shop, Summer managed to spot Birthday Cake heading in the direction of the diner.

After a frantic dash where the townsponies kept out of the cursed mare's way, Marvel managed to make it to the clinic where several ponies were waiting for her.  A mare who fit the description of Bitter Medicin gave Marvel a long look up and down.  "You're late."  She then pulled out a lunch pail from under the counter.  First, she pulled out a green apple with white markings like a cobra's hood and pointed at it.  "THIS WILL KILL YOU." Next, she pulled out a rainbow colored apple, a red apple, and some sort of lumpy gourd. "These will not."  She then tapped the rainbow colored apple.  "Eat this after the green one and you should live.  You now know 90% of the specialized medicine needed for this town.  Sunset Stroll can fill you in on the rest.  Any questions?"

The filly didn't seem to notice Storm at all as she continued watching the butterfly.

Fairy Charmer realized that while she didn't know much about Bitter Medicin, she had never seen her smile once.  Humor was a rarity and that was rather dry sarcasm.  Not the best of meal targets.

Last edited by ZamuelNow on Thu Apr 24, 2014 3:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
ZamuelNow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  mjh6 on Thu Apr 24, 2014 12:59 am

For the first time all day, Summer felt herself smiling wide for real, without anything forced or hidden. "Auntie Birthday! What are you doing here?
mjh6
Newbie Designer
Newbie Designer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Crystalite on Thu Apr 24, 2014 9:21 am

Marvel listened intently as she caught her breath. She recalled reading about Venin apples somewhere - some magazine, probably - she had thought they were a hoax. Guess not. Questions?

"None that you can answer... I apologize for being so late. There was an... incident involving the Glow triplets. I was delayed as a result. You must be Bitter Medicine. I presume you know my name, then?"
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  sunbeam on Thu Apr 24, 2014 2:16 pm

Sunset Stroll comes back into the room with a tray of tea and four cups. He sets it down gently and says "I, for one, do not know your name, so I suppose I have two questions. First, what is your name, and second, would you like some mint tea?"
sunbeam
Epic Pwny

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest on Thu Apr 24, 2014 4:28 pm

Storm eased himself down next to the filly, watching the butterfly as well. Straining his ears to see if he could ear it talking. A gift of his, being able to hear the voices of animals.

Perception:
16+10 = 26
Fury of the Tempest

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  AProcrastinatingWriter on Thu Apr 24, 2014 11:06 pm

mjh6 wrote:For the first time all day, Summer felt herself smiling wide for real, without anything forced or hidden. "Auntie Birthday! What are you doing here?

"Auntie Birthday" looked over, quick as a whip, and allowed the biggest grin you can imagine to stretch her cheeks. "Oh, Summer!" she squealed, rushing over as quick as she could the hug that precious little filly until she started squriming and maybe a couple seconds more for good measure. "How is my favorite niece doing today? You're doing well? I hope you're doing well, it has been too long since we talked, oh I was just coming to see you, sugar, and, oh! My stars, I'm rambling again, aren't I? I'm sorry, your auntie Birthday does tend to go on, doesn't she?"

She could hug awfully tight, that Birthday Cake.

Spoiler:
I'm so sorry sometimes I can't control her

Last edited by AProcrastinatingWriter on Mon Apr 28, 2014 8:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
AProcrastinatingWriter

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  mjh6 on Thu Apr 24, 2014 11:38 pm

Summer Wishes had long gotten used to Auntie Birthday's hugs. And after that awkward unintentional reminder of her screw-ups, she kind of needed one. "It's great to see you, too!" Reluctantly pulling out of the hug, she gestured to the diner. "Well, come on in. Are you hungry? How are things at The Party?"
mjh6
Newbie Designer
Newbie Designer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Crystalite on Fri Apr 25, 2014 1:47 am

sunbeam wrote:Sunset Stroll comes back into the room with a tray of tea and four cups. He sets it down gently and says "I, for one, do not know your name, so I suppose I have two questions. First, what is your name, and second, would you like some mint tea?"

The earth pony eyed Sunset, as if measuring him. "My full name is Marvelous Misfortune. You can call me Marvel. And no, thank you."
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  sunbeam on Fri Apr 25, 2014 11:59 am

"More for me, then." he replies, carefully pouring the tea into one cup. "Midnight Clover, I still haven't gotten a straight answer from you on your current preferences."
sunbeam
Epic Pwny

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ZamuelNow on Fri Apr 25, 2014 9:13 pm

"I'd like some tea, thank you. Since I'm here, I might as well welcome you to our wonderful town, Marvel. My name is Midnight Clover and as acting mayor, I hope you find your stay accommodating."  "It will be excused this first time but you'll need to learn to learn to deal with the triplets in a much more prompt fashion in the future."

The butterfly was more of talking to himself than anyone in particular. He recognized the filly and wondered what was on her mind. Then, the butterfly landed on Storm's nose, curious to how he got there without being noticed.
ZamuelNow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  sunbeam on Fri Apr 25, 2014 11:39 pm

"Excellent. I'm not certain I could drink this whole teapot myself." Sunset Stroll says, pouring tea into all four cups and carrying one over to Midnight Clover. He returns to the tray and drinks his own tea, taking a large swig of hot tea and holding it in his mouth for a moment before swallowing and sighing appreciatively.
sunbeam
Epic Pwny

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  TheCavalry on Sat Apr 26, 2014 6:12 pm

Spoiler:
Sorry! My internet done derped up on me for a couple of days there

Well, they have an attitude in common, Fairy reflected darkly. It was irritating not to know more about the doctor, but they'd be slim pickings compared compared to the rest of the town. Besides which...
However complete her disguise was, getting into a position to let someone test it would be a bad idea.

She munched on the pastry in an almost-sullen silence. It shouldn't bother her...but the fact that there was so much she didn't know did. She was going to have to fix that...
TheCavalry
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest on Sat Apr 26, 2014 8:40 pm

Storm was surprised when the butterfly landed on his nose, though he had to admit, he couldn't help but smile at the experience. He couldn't even feel it, as it was so light even though he was sure he it was gripping his fur tightly. Carefully, he opened his mouth and quietly said. "Hello there." Trusting in his unusual ability not just to hear the animals, but also be able to talk to them.
Fury of the Tempest

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ZamuelNow on Sun Apr 27, 2014 2:28 pm

There was a sudden silence over Glorious Morning's workers.  Looking up, Fluffy Crust had walked up to the group.  For some reason, she smelled like honey. "Good morning, Glorious. Sorry to bug you but would you mind if I borrowed one of your workers?  I'd like somepony to come to my house and help me with a taste test."  Nopony volunteered.

"Oh, hello there." The filly had turned to react in mild surprise to seeing Storm sitting there.
ZamuelNow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest on Mon Apr 28, 2014 8:17 am

Storm was a little disappointed when the filly next to him spoke instead of the butterfly, but didn't mind to much. Trying not to disturb the butterfly clinging to his muzzle, he looked sideways at the filly, asking softly. "So... what's your name?"
Fury of the Tempest

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  AProcrastinatingWriter on Mon Apr 28, 2014 8:31 pm

mjh6 wrote:Summer Wishes had long gotten used to Auntie Birthday's hugs. And after that awkward unintentional reminder of her screw-ups, she kind of needed one. "It's great to see you, too!" Reluctantly pulling out of the hug, she gestured to the diner. "Well, come on in. Are you hungry? How are things at The Party?"

"Bit peckish...and I can't complain,"
Birthday enthused, walking toward her niece's bread and butter (ooh, that joke always made Birthday chuckle). "Well, I could a little bit, but you don't want to hear about that; I want to hear about you. How you doin', sugar? Found a coltfriend yet?"

Spoiler:
Thursday? I thought I'd been on more than that. Sorry.

Least finals week is almost over so I can stop being this ridic-oo-lus
AProcrastinatingWriter

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  mjh6 on Mon Apr 28, 2014 8:48 pm

One of the advantages of having a pink coat was that it was much harder to tell when she was blushing. She opened the door for her aunt, saying, " Uh...no. Haven't really been doing much actually. I fixed a hair dryer for Lustrous Ivy."
mjh6
Newbie Designer
Newbie Designer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  TheCavalry on Tue Apr 29, 2014 8:56 am

ZamuelNow wrote:There was a sudden silence over Glorious Morning's workers.  Looking up, Fluffy Crust had walked up to the group.  For some reason, she smelled like honey. "Good morning, Glorious. Sorry to bug you but would you mind if I borrowed one of your workers?  I'd like somepony to come to my house and help me with a taste test."  Nopony volunteered.

The bespectacled mare seemed rather eager, in spite of the smell.
'Tasting food or backbreaking labour. Hardly a contest.'

"You know, I haven't had a tea party in some time," she said, rising to her feet. "If you don't mind, I mean," she added quickly, slightly shame-faced. "I'd hate to leave you in a lurch, Glorious..."

She stretched as if shaking the exhaustion from her hooves, a small -but audible- crack sounding from her back.
'owowowowowowow. That might have been pushing it.
TheCavalry
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Crystalite on Tue Apr 29, 2014 10:56 am

ZamuelNow wrote:"I'd like some tea, thank you. Since I'm here, I might as well welcome you to our wonderful town, Marvel.  My name is Midnight Clover and as acting mayor, I hope you find your stay accommodating."  "It will be excused this first time but you'll need to learn to learn to deal with the triplets in a much more prompt fashion in the future."

"Understood," Marvel replied. "If there's nothing immediately specific you need, I might as well familiarize myself with the clinic," she said, waiting a moment for a response before she stared poking around...

Perception:
Assuming Bitter Medicine hasn't got anything better to do... Taking 20 to learn where everything is. While I'm not looking for anything specific, if she would notice something interesting I'd like to know.
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ZamuelNow on Tue Apr 29, 2014 10:31 pm

"Just...be safe while you're there." Fluffy Crust cheered. "Don't worry, Glorious. I know how to get to the hospital really fast now."  Fluffy Crust led Fairy Charmer to a dilapidated cottage at the end of town.  The smell of apple pie wafted outside and lingered in the air.  "Hopefully things will go better than usual but come in."  Fairy Charmer could hear a definitive crack of the ceiling above her as she stepped in the door.

OOC:
Reflex DC 15
If failed, Endurance DC 15

The filly quietly replied to Storm's question, "Pepper Cheer.  Um, don't let Sunsprinkle get to you.  He brags a lot." Meanwhile, the butterfly replied with, "Glitter Wings".

"Well then, let me show you around.  Supply areas are clearly labeled.  There's both medical supplies and emergency gear.  The main living space is available to all.  The apartment area belongs to Sunset Stroll while the padlocked area is mine and is to never be entered.  I have things to attend to so you should get acquainted with your coworker."
ZamuelNow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 30 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 17 ... 30  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top