Pony Tales: Aspirations of Harmony
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fever Enigmatic

+4
AProcrastinatingWriter
sunbeam
mjh6
ZamuelNow
8 posters

Page 3 of 30 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 16 ... 30  Next

Go down

Fever Enigmatic - Page 3 Empty Re: Fever Enigmatic

Post  ZamuelNow Wed Apr 02, 2014 6:00 pm

Surprisingly slow morning but that happened sometimes in the week since it wasn't the largest of towns.  As the family finished, the daughter got up and walked to Summer Wishes.  "Um, do you know if anywhere around here is hiring?  I was hoping to apply somewhere if I could.  The name's Moonlight Fresh.  Kinda silly sounding but at least it's not a common name like Dazzle or Rainbow."

Midnight Clover replied, "Call it worry but I'm wondering if we'll have enough supplies.  Was also wondering if you had enough help but Bitter already assured me she had a new hire.  Have they arrived yet?"

Outside of The Party comes a loud crash.  An oven had fallen from the sky onto Marvel's wagon, smashing it to pieces and scattering the contents everywhere.  In the air, a trio of pegasi argue. 

"I told you it was too heavy to carry this far!"
"Don't blame me!  You're the butterhooves who couldn't carry your side of it!"
"I told you to fly slower but you neeeever want to listen to the youngest."
"Maybe we should just pretend nothing happened..."
"Wait...you think that's one of Birthday's customers?"
"..."
"..."
"..."

Suddenly, the Glow Trio burst through the door.  Golden Glow speaks up, "Our sincerest apologies Birthday Cake. There's a perfectly reasonable explanation...it's Copper's fault." Silver Glow chimed in "Please don't be mad at her.  She just wanted to be a good citizen and get it returned."

OOC Birthday, Fairy, Marvel:

Last edited by ZamuelNow on Sat Apr 05, 2014 9:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
ZamuelNow
ZamuelNow
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Back to top Go down

Post  Crystalite Wed Apr 02, 2014 6:34 pm

Marvel yelped in surprise as an oven fell on her wagon. She soon recovered, in time for the three Pegasus to burst I'm apologizing.

She stood up angrily, glaring at them.

"Get my stuff picked up. NOW. I drug it around for four days, you can take it the rest of the wayy to my house!"

Presence:
Crystalite
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

Back to top Go down

Post  AProcrastinatingWriter Wed Apr 02, 2014 10:25 pm

"Ah am ashamed of you three," Birthday Cake speaks up after only a moment of being stunned. Her voice was like a flash-frozen cornfield. "Breakin' some poor pony's cart and then tryin' to play it off, no big deal? You will take her things to her place, and that is an order. Do I make myself clear?"

Spoiler:
AProcrastinatingWriter
AProcrastinatingWriter

Back to top Go down

Post  sunbeam Wed Apr 02, 2014 11:45 pm

ZamuelNow wrote:
Midnight Clover replied, "Call it worry but I'm wondering if we'll have enough supplies.  Was also wondering if you had enough help but Bitter already assured me she had a new hire.  Have they arrived yet?"

"If they've arrived in town, they haven't stopped by here yet. Where, may I ask, will they be living?"
sunbeam
sunbeam
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  TheCavalry Thu Apr 03, 2014 7:23 am

An oven.

That was... certainly something. Honestly, while she kept her features straight- the great and charming Fairy Charmer did not laugh at another ponies misfortune- the sheer absurdity of it made her snort. It probably came out as indignation. Still...

"Shouldn't you three be working on the farm," she said raising an eyebrow, the unspoken question hovering in the air. What were they doing with an oven in mid-air?

Actually, knowing the triplets, the answer was probably 'up to no good'.

Spoiler:

Last edited by TheCavalry on Fri Apr 04, 2014 12:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
TheCavalry
TheCavalry
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  mjh6 Fri Apr 04, 2014 11:18 am

Summer thought for a moment. She'd been looking for a job for over a year, but she got the feeling that Moonlight wasn't looking for that kind of job, and since she never needed to find an after school job, she wasn't entirely sure  how to get started there. She wondered of Auntie Birthday needed any help at The Party. Right now she just said,"Well, we're not hiring at the moment, but I'll keep my ears open in case anything comes up. Sorry.
mjh6
mjh6
Newbie Designer
Newbie Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  ZamuelNow Fri Apr 04, 2014 11:10 pm

"Okay.  I guess I'll be checking the farm next.  But thank you."  The family paid for their meal, leaving a generous tip, then they left.  Shortly after, a pink pegasus briefly stuck her head in, glanced around without looking directly at anypony, then left.  Following a bit of a lull, Lustrous Ivy walked in. "Might I trouble you for a bit of assistance, Summer?  Much rather request your assistance than those three hooli...darlings who usually do repair work."

"Got an unused warehouse converted to some living spaces and a few cottages behind the barn.  And as always, there's a few spare rooms in the mansion in emergency.  Actually have a newcomer paying for a few of these but can't figure her angle just yet."

"Funny, IwasabouttoaskyouthesamethingFairy..."
"Ahem.  Midnight Clover asked us to repair some things in preparation for several incoming residents.  We didn't have the right tools on hoof so we took that oven back to our place.  More or less rebuilt it from scratch.  We were in a rush to get it back, figuring flying would be faster.  That didn't work out as you see."
"But I assure you Birthday Cake, we will remedy this like.  Come on girls."

The three then turn to walk out.

OOC Fairy Charmer:

Last edited by ZamuelNow on Sat Apr 05, 2014 9:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
ZamuelNow
ZamuelNow

Back to top Go down

Post  sunbeam Sat Apr 05, 2014 12:39 am

"Oh, of course, the warehouse." Sunset Stroll says. "That's a little far from the clinic, isn't it? Also, her...angle? Do ponies generally have angles when renting real estate?"

Last edited by sunbeam on Mon Apr 07, 2014 11:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
sunbeam
sunbeam
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  TheCavalry Sat Apr 05, 2014 6:16 pm

Fairy sighed dramatically. "Loathe as I am to say it, the girls have a point, ms Cake. I really should be getting back to Glorious with those snacks. Hopefully she'll be more sympathetic than monsieur Mayor will be if those three don't put things back in order. Though I'm sure they will," she added with a sidelong-glance at Marvel.

"Don't let this experience spoil things for you, dear. They usually do put things back the way they found them. Mostly."
TheCavalry
TheCavalry
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  mjh6 Sat Apr 05, 2014 6:29 pm

Summer had been staring at the walls in boredom, so she welcomed Ivy's entrance."What is it? I'ts been slow today, so I shouldn't have a problem helping now."
mjh6
mjh6
Newbie Designer
Newbie Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  AProcrastinatingWriter Sat Apr 05, 2014 8:04 pm

"Oh, I agree they had a point," Ms. Cake gave, and not hesitantly at that, "I'm more concerned that they were considerin' hidin' it, and tried to buck the blame onto each other." She shook her head. . "Still, I suppose I shouldn't have gotten so mad at them...I know!" she smiled, not quite as bright as usual but six shades more determined. "I'll just have to make it up to all of you - I got too upset with the poor fillies and you, Ms. Marvel, I can safely say would not had to have gone through this if you had not parked your poor cart in front of my little ol' shop. So...I can't say I've always been the handiest with my hooves, but I do believe..."

Spoiler:
AProcrastinatingWriter
AProcrastinatingWriter

Back to top Go down

Post  Crystalite Sat Apr 05, 2014 9:18 pm

The keyword being 'usually', Marvel thought to herself. "Fixing the cart would be nice; but, I have half a mind to make them just carry it all. I really must wonder though..." She trailed off at that thought. It couldn't be. Her talent was blocked, it couldn't do this much if she didn't want it too. Was it slipping? Or was this really just dumb luck and her talent had nothing to do with it? Or worse...

She stepped outside to assess the full damage to her belongings, as well as providing the twins with her unsettling presence as she silently judged them...

Always watching:

... Marvel was angry, however, as she again laid eyes on her ruined wagon. How dare they! Didn't they think to look down once in a while? Were Earth Ponies and wagons too lowly for them to notice!? By Luna, they'll notice me! she thought to herself, on the verge of removing her block and unleashing Tartarus...

And suddenly Bad Luck was there, always present in her thoughts. She didn't have to do that. She shouldn't do that. She calmed herself at the realization.

But not too much. She wanted these girls to feel her.
Crystalite
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

Back to top Go down

Post  AProcrastinatingWriter Sat Apr 05, 2014 10:16 pm

With a sudden whir of magical energies and a spontaneous and limb-filled dust cloud only a cartoon character would be capable of, Birthday Cake and the cart disappeared from sight, emerging after approximately six seconds, both looking perhaps a tad worn out but otherwise none the worse for wear. "Hmm..." The artisit was always the sternest critique of her own work. "I suppose cart-making isn't much like bread-baking, is it? Wood's still a bit scraped up, and I can't imagine it'll take more than eighty pounds of weight, and that's if you're hoping, buuuut..." At last the bakeress nodded, satisifed. "It should get you where you're going just fine. I won't say it's 'good as new', mind you,  but provided you mind the squirrels, sugar, then I'm certain things'll turn out just fine."

Spoiler:
AProcrastinatingWriter
AProcrastinatingWriter

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Sun Apr 06, 2014 11:12 pm

Storm hadn’t exactly been nervous about his first day in a new school, but he had to admit, there was butterflies in his stomach when he came into the room. He was relieved when he was admitted to the class with no troubles, and relaxed as the day went on. It seemed it’ll all be fine...

Well, that’s what he thought until it was time for break. Before the blue pegasus could even blink, he was surrounded from all sides. The army working together to batter down the defences of the brave defender. Question after question being volleyed at him in an unrelenting onslaught that would leave even the greatest of ponies on their knee’s....

“Hey, hey, I know I’m new and all, but can I have some breathing room at least?” Storm asked with a small laugh at the excitement and curiosity of his classmates, at the same time he looked around, trying to see if there was any ponies acting a little differently than the rest.

Perception:
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  ZamuelNow Mon Apr 07, 2014 11:17 pm

"The mane drying machine is making the most unbecoming of noises.  I'd hate to stick a pony's head under it while it's acting like that."

"I just get an odd vibe from her.  I hate to think ill of other ponies but it makes me wonder why a pony would rent them out like that.  Sorta had shifty eyes the whole time."

The triplets set about neatly stacking and organizing the mess they caused.  Silver Glow was making a tally of things as they progressed.  "We should have a spare pottery wheel to replace yours.  The rest of the damaged goods we'll need to replace but it may take time.  We can cart this to your place now unless you had an immediate need for the cart."

Ever perceptive despite the chaos of curiosity, Storm noticed that an irregular pegasus was keeping separate from the group.  The oddities of his form were harder to discern due to his clothing but he clearly had a different figure.  There was also a grey earth pony filly that was among the crowd but not asking any questions. She would periodically mouth words without actually saying anything.  Meanwhile the teacher, Apple Bright, was off to the side counting ants.
ZamuelNow
ZamuelNow

Back to top Go down

Post  sunbeam Mon Apr 07, 2014 11:44 pm

Sunset's brow furrows for a few moments. "Renting multiple rooms in a mansion seems quite costly. Do the rooms connect? It's possible that this pony is simply used to having some breathing room."
sunbeam
sunbeam
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  mjh6 Tue Apr 08, 2014 1:14 am

Summer wasn't entirely certain what she could do to help at the moment, but she strove to not let that show. "Sure, I can take a look at it. Just let me ask Dad if I can leave now." Before waiting for an answer, Summer went to the kitchen and said," Uh, Dad? Lustrous Ivy needs my help fixing a mane dryer. Is it okay if I leave now?
mjh6
mjh6
Newbie Designer
Newbie Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  TheCavalry Wed Apr 09, 2014 3:54 pm

"As enjoyable as this has been"-most enjoyable, Fairy added to herself- "I really must be going. Morning and her ponies must be getting hungry by now, so if you could prepare those pastries, ms Cake, I'd be very obliged."

Her horn was surrounded by a dark green aura; the flaps of her saddlebags opened, and a small pouch-payment for the order- levitated onto Birthdays table.

"Circumstances aside, it's been lovely meeting you Ms...er.... Misfortune. Msfortune?" She shrugged, inclining her head. "Ms Marvel. I hope we see one another again very soon- if there's anything you ever need, please, don't hesitate go ask. And girls? Please, take care of things. I'd hate to be disappointed."
TheCavalry
TheCavalry
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Crystalite Thu Apr 10, 2014 7:28 pm

"Just call me Marvel," she replied quietly to Fairy Charmer. "But, a favor? Don't tell anypony else. Particularly those Pegasus here," she said, gesturing at the Glow Triplets.

((Taking a slight world-building liberty. Will edit if you had plans.))

She decided to address them. "As for you. Yes, you can take it there. My new house is on 23 Redhill Lane. But first, what are your names?"

Last edited by Crystalite on Thu Apr 10, 2014 7:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
Crystalite
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Thu Apr 10, 2014 7:42 pm

Storm noted the pegasus off by themself, and stored this information away for future reference, deciding to try and get to know them better after school. Currently however, he had something else to address... "Excuse me, sorry if I seem rude, but." Here, the young colt pointed to the filly that wasn't saying anything, and asked. "You keep asking questions, but I'm not hearing anything... are you mute?"
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  ZamuelNow Sat Apr 12, 2014 1:44 am

As soon as Falling Leaf nodded, Ivy half drug Summer Wishes out the store.  After crossing town, Ivy sighed before opening the door.  "Brace yourself, darling..." And then Summer Wishes heard it,

THAT SOUND.

It was as if a harp was trying to imitate the sound of a thousand bees scraping their stingers on a blackboard.  Furthermore, Ivy liked more exotic equipment so this was probably magical.  It didn't just sound bad, it was actually causing a bit of painful feedback within Summer's horn.

Summer Wishes OOC:

"You misunderstand. Not just the mansion, she's renting out a little bit of everything.  And not on any sort of credit system."  Just then, Bitter Medicin walked in and sternly looked over Midnight Clover and Sunset Stroll.  "Not dead, so you're obviously doing fine.  You should wait for the new hire."

"My name is Gold Glow."
"My name is Silver Glow."
"And my name is..."
"That's Copper Glow. She's the youngest.  She or Silver will pull your cart while I need to find a spare cart for that oven." Gold Glow then flew off.

All of the other foals turned to look at the filly who looked obviously nervous that everypony was focusing on her. "N-no, I'm not mute..."
ZamuelNow
ZamuelNow

Back to top Go down

Post  mjh6 Sat Apr 12, 2014 2:30 am

Summer was glad she had managed to brace herself against the feedback in time. It wouldn't do to pass out in front of someone she had promised she could help. Summer strode into the room, heading towards the offending dryer. She examined it as thoroughly as she could, both magically and physically, to see what kind of damage had been done.

ooc:
mjh6
mjh6
Newbie Designer
Newbie Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Sat Apr 12, 2014 9:20 am

"Ah." Storm said, a little sheepishly at this, noticing that the filly did not like the attention. "Just quiet... and shy by the seems of things... sorry about this." Storm then looked round to the other foals, and decided to take their attention away from the quiet filly, asking. "So, you all know my name is Storm, but what are all your names?"
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  sunbeam Sat Apr 12, 2014 1:16 pm

"Should I wait for her here, or at her new address? Also, Midnight Clover here wants to do one last rundown on our supplies for the big event." Sunset Stroll says, suddenly businesslike. As he stands up he pauses, tilts his head, then turns back to Midnight Clover. "Midnight Clover, when you say that she's renting a little bit of everything, how far does 'everything' extend? Does she own a small part of this clinic as well?" he asks curiously.
sunbeam
sunbeam
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Crystalite Tue Apr 15, 2014 9:36 am

ZamuelNow wrote:"My name is Gold Glow."
"My name is Silver Glow."
"And my name is..."
"That's Copper Glow. She's the youngest.  She or Silver will pull your cart while I need to find a spare cart for that oven." Gold Glow then flew off.

"STOP," Marvel said to Gold Glow commandingly. "I wasn't finished yet. Now, this may have just been an honest mistake. My misfortune. But I am not a mare to be trifled with. I am Misfortune, and this had better be the last of it," she explained, gritting her teeth slightly. "Now get this wagon and my things moving again," she snapped, hopping into the spot on the wagon where her pottery wheel had been.

Presence:
Crystalite
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 30 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 16 ... 30  Next