Fever Enigmatic

Page 27 of 30 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 26, 27, 28, 29, 30  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Fever Enigmatic

Post  sunbeam on Wed Dec 10, 2014 8:27 pm

"Very few ponies are good at following Sun Rush's full thought process, but she seems to have the town's best interests at heart." Sunset Stroll says, settling onto a waiting bench and giving Winter a once-over.

OOC:
How's Winter doing? Any signs that something is going wrong? Does he look feverish or nightmared? Is he turning green, or blue?
Heal Check: 10+12=22

Last edited by sunbeam on Wed Dec 10, 2014 10:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
sunbeam
Epic Pwny

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ZamuelNow on Wed Dec 10, 2014 10:20 pm

OOC:
Winter's resting quite peacefully

Sunset and Marvel could hear somepony entering the front of the clinic.
ZamuelNow
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  sunbeam on Wed Dec 10, 2014 10:44 pm

"You're doing laundry, I'll go get it." Sunset Stroll says quickly, straightening his vest and making a point of not looking at Marvelous Misfortune's flank. He walks back into the front room and smiles at the visitor. "Hello?"
sunbeam
Epic Pwny

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Crystalite on Wed Dec 10, 2014 11:45 pm

"Sure," she said, looking over Winter as she made sure the borrowed vest still covered her Cutie Mark.
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  TheCavalry on Thu Dec 11, 2014 7:21 pm

"I don't really know about what makes sense," Apple Broght admitted, fidgeting with the glasses, "But I do know that whether that Ivy was robbed by a changeling or just some random pony, we can't start jumping to conclusions; turning on everyone won't help things much."

Spoiler:
"Hmm. Gold mentioned me being a changeling. Maybe I should do another acting roll, to alleviate things.

Presence [11] + d20 [1] = 12

GRRRR."

So, yeah, don't know if it was strictly necessary, but thought I'd roll just in case.
(I rolled a second time, out of curiosity, and got a 20, followed by 12. That is strange luck.)
TheCavalry
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ZamuelNow on Sat Dec 13, 2014 3:01 pm

Sunset Stroll saw Summer's parents standing in the lobby. Autumn Day asked, "Where's Winter?  We heard he got here in time but we want to see him."

Gold Glow paused as if something came to her mind then she looked at "Apple Bright", "Wait a minute, doesn't Ms. Bright usually go to bed early?  She gets up early for school and tends not to change that up even on the weekend.

Why are you up?"

Several ponies nearby turned to look at "Apple Bright"...
ZamuelNow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  TheCavalry on Sat Dec 13, 2014 10:37 pm

What.

"Apple Broght" fidgeted with her glasses nervously, while her insides seethed. Of all the reasons that she was found out, that was what did it?
No. Not found out; not yet, anyway.

She frowned.
"Girls... didn't I just say we can't stop trusting everypony? After all, shouldn't you three be turning in as well? Obviously, circumstances-" she nodded towards Ivy"-aren't 'usual' right now."
TheCavalry
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ZamuelNow on Sat Dec 13, 2014 11:20 pm

OOC:
You rolled a nat 1.  I was trying to make it a more organic form of the disguise not working as opposed to having you explode in green changeling goo or something.

Also, font color.

Fluffy Crust trotted up to the group, "I just came from Apple Bright's house.  She left a note since she heard the commotion.  Seriously, you three are nuttier than me some days."  The Glow Triplets looked embarrassed and tried to move on as the crowd refocused on Ivy.  With a look of worry, Fluffy Crust whispered, "You probably should turn in early 'Ms. Bright.'"
ZamuelNow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  sunbeam on Sun Dec 14, 2014 12:35 am

"Winter's in the back room." Sunset says, motioning for Winter's...parents? Uncle and aunt? He wasn't quite sure...to follow him as he returned to his post, muttering quietly to Marvel "It's Summer's parents."

OOC:
Thinking about it, I'm really not certain what a 'follow me' gesture looks like for horses, but let's just roll with it.
sunbeam
Epic Pwny

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ZamuelNow on Sun Dec 14, 2014 10:22 am

Walking into the back room, they watched over the sleeping Winter Dream, "Do you...do you think he'll be alright?"
ZamuelNow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Crystalite on Sun Dec 14, 2014 11:05 am

"Evening," Marvel said simply as they entered. "He's doing fine. Marvelous, even. He should be out and about by tomorrow evening," she explained. "Although. You wouldn't happen to know where Summer is, would you? She was going to spend the night and be here when he wakes up."
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ZamuelNow on Sun Dec 14, 2014 11:22 am

"We asked her to walk Glorious Morning's daughter home. She should be back soon."
ZamuelNow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Crystalite on Sun Dec 14, 2014 11:33 am

"Glorious Morning... Yes. She helped me with my garden stuff. Okay then."
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  TheCavalry on Sun Dec 14, 2014 9:19 pm

ZamuelNow wrote:
OOC:
You rolled a nat 1.  I was trying to make it a more organic form of the disguise not working as opposed to having you explode in green changeling goo or something.

Also, font color.

Fluffy Crust trotted up to the group, "I just came from Apple Bright's house.  She left a note since she heard the commotion.  Seriously, you three are nuttier than me some days."  The Glow Triplets looked embarrassed and tried to move on as the crowd refocused on Ivy.  With a look of worry, Fluffy Crust whispered, "You probably should turn in early 'Ms. Bright.'"

It felt like her brain had stalled, her heart had stopped, and her legs locked up. It wasn't just the sudden fear of being exposed- though that was strangely potent in this town. The feeling didn't really disappear when Fluffy spoke; if anything, it intensified.

No, she thought. I must have misheard her; I'm just on edge from what Glow said. There wasn't anything unusual about the way Fluffy said "my" name.
And it was just coincidence that she "happened" to arrive with a perfect alibi for Fairy.

She swallowed.
"Y-you know, maybe I should," she replied belatedly. "It is getting late, and I am getting pretty tired, and it doesn't look like there's much I can do here, so, why don't I-"
Go home, leaving you in a crowd of ponies, including the mayor, with the possible knowledge that I'm a shape shifting amorivore, among other things.
"-er... You were looking for me, weren't you? At home- my home? Why don't you walk home with me? And we can talk."
TheCavalry
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ZamuelNow on Tue Dec 16, 2014 4:04 pm

"Is there anything else we can do to help Winter?"

After walking a distance away from the crowd, Fluffy Crust asked 'Apple Bright', "Seriously, what were you thinking? You'd have had less problems if you just went as yourself."
ZamuelNow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  TheCavalry on Tue Dec 16, 2014 8:47 pm

Well, that ruled out any explanation of 'Fluffy just so happened to be looking for Apple Bright'. It didn't explain Fluffy's non-chalant attitude.

She frowned a little, staring at Fluffy through the glasses.
"'Myself'," she answered, her voice a little less awkward or nervous away from the crowd. "I suppose we can skip why you think I'm not Apple Bright."

She sighed, rolling her eyes as she removed her glasses- or affecting it at least. She didn't actually take her gaze off Fluffy, and beneath the illusion of fur and muscle, chitin tightened.
" But what makes you think that attending the crime scene as me would go over any easier?"
TheCavalry
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ZamuelNow on Tue Dec 16, 2014 11:35 pm

Fluffy Crust sighed, "Fairy Charmer, you may have your lazy and conceited and vain and self centered moments but you're part of the community.  Why wouldn't you help Ivy?  Me? I'm a klutz.  I go near a crime scene and it'll probably collapse or blow up or something. I can't help.  Oh, and I did just come from Apple Bright's house.  I had a question but I forgot she goes to sleep early.  Figured she's the only one who could help me."  She then paused, "Um...did I just say four negative things about you out loud instead of just one?"
ZamuelNow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Crystalite on Wed Dec 17, 2014 12:20 am

ZamuelNow wrote:"Is there anything else we can do to help Winter?"

Marvel considered the question. Truthfully, there really wasn't; Summer would be there for him when he woke up, and too many ponies in the room could cause some undue stress on him; not to mention being overall bothersome for herself and Sunset. But then, they would want to hear something other than nothing.

"To be honest. The best thing you can do is be supportive when he gets back; he's going to have some blood-sugar issues, in all likelihood, and he's definitely going to feel a bit humbled. Be ready to feed him and don't rub it in."
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  sunbeam on Wed Dec 17, 2014 3:41 am

Sunset Stroll nods affirmatively in the background. It was good to know, empirically, that Marvel was good at being grounded and comforting. It was not exactly a trait that was required to pass medical exams.
sunbeam
Epic Pwny

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  TheCavalry on Wed Dec 17, 2014 8:16 pm

"Yes, you did. I pay attention when people talk about me; I'm vain, conceited self-centred and lazy that way."

Beneath the flat, dry tone of voice, however, her pulse had started racing. She wondered for a second whether to take 'Fairy Charmer' as a guess on Fluffy's part, some elaborate ruse to confirm who she was... but then, how did you ever know who a changeling really was?
Except that, if she was being honest, it wasn't just the name that prompted the reaction, the small swelling in her chest. Fluffy was calling her part of the community? True, she meant Fairy Charmer, the unicorn, rather than the chitin-covered insect, but still...

"As for questions, I may only look like Apple Bright, but I like to think I'm quite intelligent. Perhaps I can help? We can trade questions. I'll go first- oh, this I must be strange for you."

She gave an affected sigh, as a magical aura rushed over her. A second later, Apple Bright was replaced by a green-coated unicorn, tossing her mane and removing her glasses.
"You know what I am," she said, trying to sound casual. "What, pray tell, do you intend to do about it?"

Spoiler:
Trying to gauge Fluffy's reaction to the shape shifting:
Empathy [15] + d20[7] = 22
And maybe a +5 for 'Empathy', unless that still only works on perception checks.
TheCavalry
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ZamuelNow on Wed Dec 17, 2014 10:21 pm

"Well, with Birthday Cake here we'll head back and get the house ready for tomorrow.  Summer should be back soon."

OOC:
Acknowledging APW's character.  While I was waiting to see if Summer would do any followup conversation with Pepper Cheer, Summer can head back this way if mjh6 chooses to.

Fluffy Crust almost seemed relieved when she saw Fairy Charmer change, "Sorry about that.  While I think you have a few bad habits, I guess I am a little jealous of you.  You're an actress that can be whatever you want.  The only way this worked was for me to be...me.  I really am this clumsy.  Can't even change my color.  Yet...I'm clumsy enough to be dangerous and they still welcomed me.  They really did name this place right.  As far as your question, as long as you keep doing what you're doing and don't bring a swarm here, I won't tell if you won't.  I'm not sure you can help me though.  You seem like a worse farmer than I am and I really need help with apples. Zap Apples specifically."
ZamuelNow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  TheCavalry on Thu Dec 18, 2014 8:57 pm

"I...thank you," Fairy said. It was all she could say really; Fluffy's admission had left too too temporarily dumb struck to say much else.

"You... don't have to worry about a swarm," she continued. "I don't want to see these ponies picked apart anymore than you do- after all," she added quickly, flipping her mane of her shoulder, "that would mean less for us, and probably would destroy everything. Best to keep things... sustainable."

She coughed a little, feeling uncomfortable.
"...Have you tried asking Glorious," she finally said. "I might not know much about farming, but she certainly does."
TheCavalry
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ZamuelNow on Mon Dec 22, 2014 11:16 am

"Huh, don't know why I didn't think to ask Glorious.  Though...I was sorta hoping to try to reveal myself to Ms. Bright.  I had hoped to be able to finally tell somepony, just didn't think it would turn out to be you."
ZamuelNow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  mjh6 on Mon Dec 22, 2014 3:17 pm

Summer inwardly gave a sigh of relief at Pepper moved to a less dangerous subject. Well, relatively less dangerous. "Well, that's perfectly understandable, but if you're careful, I'm sure you'll be safe."
mjh6
Newbie Designer
Newbie Designer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ZamuelNow on Tue Dec 23, 2014 12:22 pm

Soon, Summer Wishes and Pepper Cheer arrived at the farm, "Thank you for walking me home, Ms. Wishes."
ZamuelNow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 27 of 30 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 26, 27, 28, 29, 30  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum